It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MISSOURI~ Heads up..We might be in for a wild ride tonight.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian
Wow. Had I known weather reports were fodder for posts now, I could have exacerbated my post count by so much as I have lived through about ... oh, about a thousand or so weather alerts regarding hail storms, tornado watches or other fairly typical weather possibilities. Shoulda, coulda, woulda.

You arent serious???

This is potentially deadly weather..get a grip..who cares about stars and posts..(rolls eyes)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Hi Yummy Freelunch, your name reminds me
of this certain lyrics in this song,

You can taste the bright lights but you won't get them for free,
You can have anything you want but you better not try to get it from me......

www.youtube.com...

Just joshin with you, thought some music my take your mind
off the serious situation there. Take care.

LOL..well ty...but its actually from Robert Heinlein's 1966 libertarian science fiction novel The Moon is a Harsh Mistress,...always been a fan
..TNSTAAFL!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Yep we'll be getting it here in TN too! Well my husband spent the whole day building a 10ft high 12x12ft pergola attached to the house.
Guess we'll see how he did.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I ain worried this ole missouri mule ain going nowhere! I am out by St.Louis and I got all my horses in the barn and just wait it out. If its your time to die then its your time to die. If god wants you dead.... well, Yer dead. Pray for ya

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk
Yep we'll be getting it here in TN too! Well my husband spent the whole day building a 10ft high 12x12ft pergola attached to the house.
Guess we'll see how he did.

Oh how nice..Id like to have something like that!

Stay safe and hopefully your pergola is still there in the morning

Just heard from someone in chicago..and they're going to get T storms and then snow on top of it..yikes

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentblue
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I ain worried this ole missouri mule ain going nowhere! I am out by St.Louis and I got all my horses in the barn and just wait it out. If its your time to die then its your time to die. If god wants you dead.... well, Yer dead. Pray for ya

LOL..I ride it out too..spooks the horses, though.
Better to take cover than stand outside and tempt fate..

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I live in kansas and have been hit by the storm all day. Have had a good bit of hail. Lots and lots or rain and water. Now they are calling for freezing rain and light snow for the early hours. Going to be alot of flooding around here.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
...nasty cell (tornado block) moving between joplin and nevada (the town) right now...

radar.weather.gov...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch

Originally posted by Mr. D
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Hi Yummy Freelunch, your name reminds me
of this certain lyrics in this song,

You can taste the bright lights but you won't get them for free,
You can have anything you want but you better not try to get it from me......

www.youtube.com...

Just joshin with you, thought some music my take your mind
off the serious situation there. Take care.

LOL..well ty...but its actually from Robert Heinlein's 1966 libertarian science fiction novel The Moon is a Harsh Mistress,...always been a fan
..TNSTAAFL!

Just wanted to ask, is that avatar a real picture of you or just an avatar?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
since when do hot chicks read hienlien?
LOL

say, YFL
at least you have your avatar to keep you warm...

winterstorms are why Canadians drink beers...
you have to drink them or they freeze

stay safe
let us know if there are any best wishes that will help...

edit on 27-2-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

Its just my avatar..

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
since when do hot chicks read hienlien?
LOL

say, YFL
at least you have your avatar to keep you warm...

winterstorms are why Canadians drink beers...
you have to drink them or they freeze

stay safe
let us know if there are any best wishes that will help...

Im a nerdy hot chick..lol..

Anyway..tornadoes just went through here..so heads up to everyone East of me!!!!

Still alive , but will be checking on neighbors in a bit..no damage at my house..im lucky to live in a dip between hills.
edit on 27-2-2011 by Yummy Freelunch because: Cuz im a dork

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Just checked the radar for my place and saw the line heading through.... mean-looking thing, so keep yer heads down! Looks eerily familiar to the one that blew through here a couple nights ago and kept the weathermen busy.

It looks like we'll get to battle the mini-Al-Gores (bunches of hot air spinning around in all directions) in the morning.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
Just checked the radar for my place and saw the line heading through.... mean-looking thing, so keep yer heads down! Looks eerily familiar to the one that blew through here a couple nights ago and kept the weathermen busy.

It looks like we'll get to battle the mini-Al-Gores (bunches of hot air spinning around in all directions) in the morning.

TheRedneck

Yes, Redneck..LOL @ mini-Al-Gores...

Heading your way..and we had a couple tornadoes here in Mo from this system..so HEADS UP!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Missed the thread, but reporting in from Middle Mo. Huge hail, massive winds and rain, very intense but short, the eye lasted about 15 minutes and then WHAM the otherside was really scary bigger hail and the winds were crazy, Ill do damage assessment in the morning. Watches until 3am, but I am going to bed.

Love to all of my neighbors.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Missed the thread, but reporting in from Middle Mo. Huge hail, massive winds and rain, very intense but short, the eye lasted about 15 minutes and then WHAM the otherside was really scary bigger hail and the winds were crazy, Ill do damage assessment in the morning. Watches until 3am, but I am going to bed.

Love to all of my neighbors.

wow..So glad you are ok!!! Yes..the hail was huge here too..
The storms were moving at 70 mph..so they were at least short lived!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I wish I still lived where we had severe storms...I miss them so much, Californias weather is soooo boring

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArieZ
I wish I still lived where we had severe storms...I miss them so much, Californias weather is soooo boring

Its a pain in the butt!!! I want to sleep..lol

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ArieZ

I know what you mean. I know they can be dangerous, but i can't help it... I love storms. That's one of the good things about Kansas City... we get a lot of them.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArieZ

I don't know man. I just got the kids out of the bathtub and back in bed. Luckily we didn't get directly hit, I heard the wind start to howl and I told the girlfriend to get in the bathroom. I am still shaking and I have to be at lecture at 7 am. I am screwed for today. Thanks again mother nature.

I would love to be in a position to miss this severe weather. My mother's trailer got destroyed by a tornado several years back. I assure you I am not having fun.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join