It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle-Area Restaurant Refuses To Serve TSA Agents

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Hey, as I mentioned somewhere else, my wife had her purse 'inspected' by crew as we boarded a Mississippi riverboat jazz/dinner cruise in NOLA. Sumpin's wrong fellas...that's why I say the Bad Guys...whoever they are...won.

I don't think the fat lady has sung yet, so that last part may be a bit premature...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by drink2forget

Why are you defending them? There are thousands of other places they can eat at. "Just doing there job?" Really? That excuse? George Bush was only doing his job when he sent thousands of troops to die for WMD's that didn't exist and he was just doing his job. Hell, Hitler was only doing his job as dictator when he murdered millions of people. Are you really that ignorant?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by freedish
But the way this restraunte is treating the TSA agents is exactly how people in the south used to treat blacks during segregation.

Not at ALL ... You can choose whether or not to be a TSA agent, you can't choose whether or not you're black.. You can always go take off your uniform and eat to get around this "no eat list" unless they know you, you can't so easily go around the corner and change out of your race..

So I think that's a HUGE difference.. I support what they are doing, it's not going to make a difference but it does make a point ..

You are missing the point.
Yes they can take off their uniform.
But the way they are being treated in this restaurant is strikingly similar to segregation.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Hey, as I mentioned somewhere else, my wife had her purse 'inspected' by crew as we boarded a Mississippi riverboat jazz/dinner cruise in NOLA. Sumpin's wrong fellas...that's why I say the Bad Guys...whoever they are...won.

I don't think the fat lady has sung yet, so that last part may be a bit premature...

I sincerely hope so, for the sake of my American pals.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Someone has to be the first with everything. I admire the message they are trying to convey. It may not do much of anything but bring them both positive and negative attention, but maybe it will inspire more to be creative in protesting the TSA and all Big Brother intrusiveness. I would eat there and bring them positive and supportive energy and encouragement.

It has to start somewhere....this is as good a way as any.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

edit on 23-2-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

First part of a documentary about the steps taken on taking away what many take for granted.

End Of America
Part 1
www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-2-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
If you are or know an owner of a cafe or diner you should practice these actions as well and deliver an over all message to these TSA thugs. There are more of us than there are of them and together our voice is greater.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ickyuck
Has anyone here been treated differntly just because of the job they have??? Do you know what it feels like?

I worked as a security officer, and was often on patrol with the police. I've run into my share of people who treated me like dirt just because of my uniform, just because I was enforcing rules they didn't want to follow. Hey, I didn't make up the rules. I needed a job. To have an establishment refuse my patronage just because of my uniform,my job, would strike me pretty hard. I mean, its discrimination, absolute.

The rules you were enforcing as a Security Officer or a cop are rules that most citizens comply with because there has to be order, this whole TSA thing is going overboard...you are comparing apples to oranges.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It is perfectly legal to deny service to them, the restaurant is private property, and the owners have the right to do what they want on their property.

It will make a difference, if more people stood up and took a stand against the TSA, because the TSA would complain to their management. It is a point to be made on principle.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Hey, just in case any of you are interested in, you know, denying ignorance, which this poor thread seems to have an abundance of, you may be interested to know that the TSA for Seattle had no idea of any restaurants banning them. Also, the (using the term loosely) consumer journalist that is responsible for information to begin with, took it upon himself to assume (we all know what that does, right folks?) that it was a Seattle cafe being referred to based on the ip addy from someone who emailed him and wouldn't even share her real name with him.I've been screaming since the beginning to do your research and was largely ignored while y'all busied yourselves painting a line in the middle of the room to separate the TSA haters and TSA sympathizers. For all we know, this was someone upset with the TSA because she had to show them her nipple rings or because they tossed out little Johnny's play dough and decided to contact someone whose articles are largely negative involving any kind of travel means.

Why bother...y'all are too busy dividing yourselves.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by drink2forget
Maybe you'll drive through Detroit and someone refuses you lunch because you are driving a Honda and NOT a GM? This is really petty stuff folks. Jesus...

Sounds reasonable, and they'd be within their rights to do so. I may test that notion out for you - if you can provide me a valid reason that I'd WANT to drive through Detroit...

HHHAHAHAHAHA!!
Good point, I wouldn't wish that drive on anyone.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I simply refue to post pics/videos/links about this I will not be that annoying poster that takes up half a page posting pictures of the SS or some 45:00 minute youtube video that will suck my will to live.

1)how is anything the feds doing not anything the airlines could not have done wihtout the TSA....

I do not have an answer for this. I work in system control, usually off-site from the airport. But I travel to and from airports around the country about 4 times a month. I personally think the airlines themselves could do a better job. That is my opinion, but opinions are like *ssholes, Everyone has one.

2)Is the TSA unionised...

I dont think so...and I hope they never do. Not because I dislike the TSA, but because I despise unions with a passion. "More money, less accountability...that's the union way." I'll leave it at that.

3) how is the airline industry helped by the TSA?

Hate to answer a question with a question, but would you feel safer if there was no security or no TSA?
Security helps, in any-way shape or form. I worked at United airlines on 9/11. Any increase of security since then has been needed, despite the obvious flaws in the system.

What blows my mind about this 10 page thread is this...
Has anyone remotely thought that perhaps everyone is overthinking and over analyzing this?
In the year 2000 you still had to go through a metal detector. Now it's a bit more advanced than that.
Are there not some REAL issues out there? Grab my sack all you want, but please be sure to sort out the bombs from the car keys. The metal detector 11 year ago was a pain in the ass. Now the scanner is a new kind of pain in the ass. By the grace of zeus's balls, It's just part of the process.
edit on 07/23/2007 by drink2forget because: real ugly

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
How do we nominate this restaurant owner for the next presidental race?

He's got my vote already.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
For those who are in favor of this restaurant denying service to TSA personnel...

What if restaurants began denying service to MILITARY personnel because they believe that the wars are unjust? How would that go across? What if some restaurant owners believed that the ARMY was waging a good war, but being hampered by the MARINES? What if those owners denied service to MARINES but said ARMY guys were OKAY? How would it go across if a restaurant said, "We won't serve NAVY folks here because you guys can't catch PIRATES in SOMALIA!!! ---But Coast Guard and Air Force are OKAY, ---but we still won't serve MARINES 'cause they're jarheads!!"

What if some restaurants will only serve police officers and not fire fighters, or TSA agents and not Port Authority agents. What if some restaurants refuse service to ALL GOVERNMENT personnel? What if they decide to stop serving the personnel of local hospitals because their dad died their from PERCEIVED malpractice? What if the city forced them to pay back taxes on their property and they decided to refuse to serve the Mayor and his staff?

What if a restaurant refuses service to the football team of an opposing high school because they "just don't like 'em!"? What if restaurants started refusing service to the people who worked at a restaurant that refused service to a competing Boy Scout troop from another county? What if a restaurant refused service for anyone who wasn't a local (because they hated passers-through)? What if a restaurant refused service for Catholics because the restaurant owners were Prostestant?
What if restaurants refused service to REPUBLICANS in favor of DEMOCRATS, and/or vice versa? Do you see where this leads?

If all of this came to pass, EACH AND EVERY BUSINESS VENUE WOULD SUDDENLY BECOME A **STAGE** FOR POLITICAL AND IDEOLOGICAL AND RELIGIOUS AND ECONOMICAL PROTEST. What would happen? Business would FAIL on a HUGE scale. People can't relax and have a nice meal after the work-day when they have to decide where (or where not) to go based on who will (or will not) serve them. People might even try to blow-up businesses that have different ideological/political/religious beliefs...

---Do you see where this all leads for GODSSAKES?

It's easy to get a sense as to how quickly this can TAILSPIN out of control and suddenly a person has to look at a checklist to see where he/she can FREAKING EAT.

In AMERICA, a person (no matter who you are unless you are a convict) should be able to EAT at any place that accepts MONEY.

You can refuse ANYONE YOU WANT ---at your home. When you open a BUSINESS... You must cast personal feelings aside to an extent. IMHO
edit on 24-2-2011 by GhostLancer because: Typo

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
It is sad to see people fighting each other when they should be getting organized to fight the system

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Hmmmm..

OK the TSA are a bunch of perverted, molesters, however, they are still citizens and vaguely human beings.

The restaurant was a little over the line on this one.

What they should have done was give the TSA a choice of two options.

Before they can sit down to order and eat;

1) they must first submit to a full strip search and body fondle in front of all the other diners

or

2) they can Opt out..!!!

Srry I couldn't resist that

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

It is perfectly legal to deny service to them, the restaurant is private property, and the owners have the right to do what they want on their property.

It's perfectly legal for the Westboro Baptist Church to walk around with posters saying "God hates Fags" or to protest at funerals also.

So, that puts this eatery owner in the same category as members of the WBC.

It will make a difference, if more people stood up and took a stand against the TSA, because the TSA would complain to their management. It is a point to be made on principle.

A stand? A stand against someone paid to protect you?

Take your complaints and refusal of service to those who make the rules that the TSA agents must follow: Janet Napolitano and Barack Obama.

Refuse service to them, why don't you?

If the restaurant owner refused service to anyone that happened to be a member of ATS, you'd all be howling a different tune, and vowing all types of revenge. Because you're special, aren't you?

Oh, look a the irony: TSA. ATS. Acronyms with the same letters.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I worked as a waiter back in highschool. It was a fact that majority of african americans tipped very poorly. If we had put out a sign stating we would not serve african americans, we would have jesse jackson, al sharpton, and every other goon at our door. Why is one form ok yet the other not, if both are legal?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Of course it's legal to do

***Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone****

What's illegal is if they place a mandatory gratuity on some patrons but not all.

Or if they were to charge a higher price to some patrons but not all.

There was a pretty big stink in the Carolinas recently about a popular eatery there that started refusing service to families with small children, citing that noisy children upset mature diners.

Perfectly legal as a private business to refuse service.

Also a super idea to get the message out that we are getting sick of the TSA. Hopefully more businesses will follow suit, and these jr. gestapo agents will become the pariahs and social outcasts that they really are.

If I ever get to Seatlle I would go out of my way to give this restaurant my business.

Yes, sorta like no shoes no shirt no service no tsa

haha I think its funny.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Just remember what you have said next time your standing in the departure area of an airport, in your underwear, with a TSA Agents hand inside them gently caressing your private parts with a big bulge in "his/her" pants and a smile on their face...

Note. Sorry bout the "his/her", remark. But in my opinion, all TSA agents are male, regardless as to wether they are male or female. At least that goes for all the ones I have seen anyway..

edit on 2/24/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join