It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle-Area Restaurant Refuses To Serve TSA Agents

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Great Idea!!!!

Now, if we can encourage more buisnesses to do this
and expand the list to crooked politicians including the President Of The United States himself
I think you've got something here.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
maybe they should frisk them for loaded buns instead

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Its a marketing gimmick and a slick one using a good current trend to capitalize on, dislike of the TSA.

Hand of fist sales increase.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Reply to post by drink2forget

And the Maximum soldiers were just doing their jobs.

The excuse does not fly.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Although I am not overly fond of the TSA, this is their job. A way to feed and cloth their families while keeping their homes heated and cooled.

In an economy like the one we have now, there are not too many folks who would turn down honest, gainful employment like this.

The establishment has a right to choose who they service of course, but no matter how flat you make a pancake it will always have two sides.

Yeah that's pretty much how it went in Nazi Germany too, but those who survived the war got to starve and be raped and mugged for months while cleaning up the rubble of what used to be their beautiful cities and homes.

Our government is out of control, at perpetual war, part of it's against the citizens, hence the TSA and Homeland Security and selling out for a paycheck is not only morally bankrupt but in the long run very dangerous.

America needs to wake up to History and be honest that just because it's us becoming the good little Nazis this time, and just because it's our nation that's becoming a fascist police state, doesn't mean we won't pay the same ultimate price that those who did before ended up paying.

Well said! These people can't see the bigger picture and where this is all going eventually. When it's too late to stop them, no one will hear their cries for help when their gov't employers turn on them.

link   
Meant Nazi. My phone spell checks that word. lol

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by matthewgraybeal

It's the "issue," of the month. Their business is going to go up for this, at the expense of hungry shift workers that would just like lunch.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by freedish

The difference is that blacks in the south during segregation had no choice about being black. The TSA agents have a choice as to their employer, and how they conduct themselves while on the job.

Let them eat in their SS break rooms, after a thoroughly intrusive, illegal and abusive search.

edit on 2/22/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

edit on 2/22/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: last phrase in last sentence

TSA agents are people too...

And most of them were there before the new rules were put in place. Do you think they enjoy their jobs? No. Do you think they take pleasure from feeling up nasty people all day? No. Would you be in a bad mood if you had to deal with angry people all day? Yes. Could they leave their jobs? Sure. Is that the smartest thing to do with unemployment so high? No. Am I defending the actions of the TSA? NO WAY!

But let's be logical, is picking on the little guy really the way to go? And is refusing to serve TSA agents in restaurants really going to solve the problem? Certainly not.

The problem here is not with the TSA agents, it's with the government.
The main question is, why are we as the America people allowing the government to strip away our rights, and our clothing too, and not doing anything about it?
The whole TSA fiasco lasted maybe two-three weeks tops...and people were outraged. But now things have died down and we have forgotten about it. How many pokes will it take for us to wake up? How many shoves will we take until we fight back? (Excuse the violent rhetoric!)

edit on 22-2-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Ha, I like it! The business can refuse anyone and why not try to send a larger message. I think that's the idea, let the public know that they disagree with the pat down police at the airports. Probably going to work out quite well for the business as people will want to come there just to see what the fuss is about.

If they really wanted to make a statement, they could make TSA employees go through a groin gropin' before they can order.
You want fries with that, please remove your shoes and send them through our dishwasher
We just want to make sure our patrons are safe.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

hahaha great story.

Sounds perfectly justified to me. If TSA agents will go along with human rights violations, why should they be treated any better then outcasts?

The day i can get on a plane without having my balls handled is the day the TSA should be taken off the "NO EAT LIST".

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

The excuse does not fly.

Be sure to tell them that next time you try and board a flight
Let's deny someone the ability to eat lunch because you dont like the job they are doing.
Seriously?

edit on 07/23/2007 by drink2forget because: more ranting.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by drink2forget

The excuse does not fly.

Be sure to tell them that next time you try and board a flight.

I have not flown since 1999

I prefer driving. It is more fun that way.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Maybe you'll drive through Detroit and someone refuses you lunch because you are driving a Honda and NOT a GM? This is really petty stuff folks. Jesus...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I think its kewl, and you make a good point. Let's stop feeding the Politicians next

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Maybe you'll drive through Detroit and someone refuses you lunch because you are driving a Honda and NOT a GM? This is really petty stuff folks. Jesus...
oh come on its not the same thing and you know it. you cant have it both ways your either with us or against us..... isnt that what bullyboy bush said

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kolcath

oh come on its not the same thing and you know it. you cant have it both ways your either with us or against us..... isnt that what bullyboy bush said

Well next time i'm at SEATAC, i'll bring them a Sammich or an apple or something.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I take my food in an ice chest. I prefer to stop only to use the restroom . . . and that is at public rest stops.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I take my food in an ice chest. I prefer to stop only to use the restroom . . . and that is at public rest stops.

You are perfect. I applaud you.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Sorry, no civil rights "protection" against being "discriminated" against due to your occupation (TSA agent).

The owner of a business still has some rights, too?

If you're TSA in Seattle, just find another place - and hope the idea doesn't spread to other places in other locations. But hey, you can always bring your own lunch ...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by drink2forget

:shrug:

More people should try it sometimes.

It is really quite fun, and you see stuff that you would never see in your life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join