It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru?? New planet to be discovered. Four times the size of Jupiter!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

Very Interesting. I wonder of this Planet "Tyche" could be one of the following planets, of which all three are said to be part of Ors (our Solar System):

Vulcan, Persephone, or Clarion

"Nibiru" could be one of the above three planets as well.

(Remember that Hercolubus is said to be part of the Tylo Solar System, not our Ors Solar System)

edit on 14-2-2011 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

This one may just have the appearance an elliptical orbit if it's also orbiting another star, like say a brown dwarf ?? Don't forget that scientists say about 80-90 % of all solar systems out there are Binary Systems. That would make our solar system pretty rare, in that all the known planets(or unknown planets) revolve around or share only a single star.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

LOL, Nibiru.
Do you mean Nibiru the rogue planet, Nibiru the Brown dwarf star, or Nibiru the Star/planetary system?

Which flavor of Nibiru kool-aid do you drink?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ANClENT

Ummm, scientists admitted that planet-x was real a long time ago.

Planet-X means planet-10, as in the tenth planet discovered. It is not some generic label like brand-x.
We have 12 planets, split into two groups.

You are up on your MODERN solar system structure right?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Time out! What the heck? Is every new planet going to be Nibiru or Planet X that NASA has been hiding from us? I think the title of the thread needs to be changed to remove Nibiru as this is not even remotely close to what even the Mayans described. Great find but no where in this source does anything even suggest.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byteman
reply to post by ANClENT

Ummm, scientists admitted that planet-x was real a long time ago.

Planet-X means planet-10, as in the tenth planet discovered. It is not some generic label like brand-x.
We have 12 planets, split into two groups.

You are up on your MODERN solar system structure right?

Now that you say that...it does for some reason ring a bell. You got any info you can post as a refresher? Thanks.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
People will take any chance they get to whip up "IT"S NIBIRU". NO it's not. There's about 10,000 threads on ATS about Nibiru and it gets to the point where merely seeing the word sends shivers of rage and annoyance down your spine. This is a great discovery and I am excited, but come on. If this is really Nibiru according to some persistent theorist, then when the day comes it's revealed itself, I promise to admit I'm a skeptical unbeliever and pledge my allegiance to the inhabitants.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byteman

LOL, Nibiru.
Do you mean Nibiru the rogue planet, Nibiru the Brown dwarf star, or Nibiru the Star/planetary system?

Which flavor of Nibiru kool-aid do you drink?

Nibiru the Star that ANU traveled upon to get to EA. lol indeed?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

If the planet were also in Jupiter's orbit, or even Pluto's you might have a point. As it is, you merely show total ignorance in how planets are detected, apparent size in relation to distance, and the size of the Solar system in total.

The fact is that the farther that something is out there, the smaller it appears. This planet, being so far out would appear no bigger than Pluto (if even that large) and it took mankind centuries of astronomy to discover that one.

Planet-X is one of the dwarf planets. X = 10, not X = mystery.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Fair enough. I think the article stood on it's own with all it's wonder. That's all.

I can understand where you are coming from, it really is fascinating! But it was bugging me to see what others, on this forum thought about there being a connection to nibiru. I had to ask

Thank you for sharing your find, there is a lot of worry abound over whether Nibiru exists or not, thing is nobody outside of the inner circle knows for sure, but there are a lot of people watching for it, and that is what makes it important.
I suppose to me it would be moment of justice if ZS was proven to be right in the end, but that does nothing for the rest of us, for me it would be a time to raise a glass to the man.

A recent site which was posted here on this site that had many people excited about different matters has pages like this for instance.

Evidence for a companion star

Another

Planet X fact or fiction?

Location of Planet X

Those links came from Here

Searching using keywords Nemesis, Planet X, Nibiru

While they are just a brief summary of larger PDF files, it does point towards the search for something out there to explain Solar anomalies, the page I was searching for I cant find, it hasn't vanished (that I know of) but it explained a bout the need for a future mission to try and image it, and was written in 1982.

I have spent the best part of the last 2 weeks sifting through articles looking for some relevance, there are a lot of extremely interesting subjects on the matter.

You have to see our Solar system as being the extraordinary rather than the "NORM" a lot of scientists and astronomers wonder why we do not live in a Binary system, when Binary systems seem to be everywhere, and a System like ours is very rare.

To be honest I would rather listen to the teachings of an ancient Civilisation like the Sumerian people, who had knowledge we ourselves are only now discovering, yet many many people claim to know it all and are certain they are and will always be right, the Sumerian Civilisation obviously had an insight we can only wish to have.

Their writings are hidden away, the people who claim to have deciphered some of the text's were classed as nut cases, and those making those claims were never doubted, because they apparently know or knew better, I don't see how that is possible if they had never translated the texts themselves.

There are some translations available but they are nowhere near complete, nobody asks why, they just accept it, mostly because they are too bone idle to check it out for themselves, they rely on those supposed to be in the know for their answers, such an easy World to fool.

Thank you again for the thread.
edit on 14/2/2011 by azzllin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Im sure its also known as Orcus.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Very exciting news! Astronomers have suspected a large celestial body somewhere in the Oort cloud for quite some time. They based this on perturbations of Pluto's and Neptune's solar orbits. A celestial body four times larger than Jupiter sounds more like a Brown Dwarf.

I don't see any relation to Z. Sitchen's planet Nibiru. Is there any evidence of a 3,500 yr elliptical orbit? Or a atmosphere that is failing or that has ionized AU particles mined from Earth?

"Could a celestial body that is currently somewhere in the Oort Cloud have a 3500 yr solar orbit?" yes it could. "Could a celestial body, four times the size of Jupiter with a 3500 yr orbit, currently in the Oort Cloud be here by 2012?" No, not without traveling at near light speed...in which case it wouldn't have a 3500 year orbit.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pacofunk64

Planets:
Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Neptune, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune.

Dwarf Planet:
Pluto, Haumea, Makemake, Eris.

If you mean the history of the use of the term Planet-X, I can only remember what a few science teachers and astronomers told me. You can feel free to Google it and find whatever meaning someone claims as real. As it stands though, there is no more traditional Planet-X. The mystery of another planet beyond the "original" 9 (before pluto got demoted) was solved positively with the discovery of Haumea, Makemake, and Eris.

There is no more Planet-X, except when someone wants to make news with a spiffy nickname for virtually anything they find beyond Pluto.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Been waiting to use this pic

Now how come we can get pics from all over the galaxy but we have no shots of this ginormous entity?

peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Oh man cant they at lest agree on a dam name, I mean it already probably has a name, if all of that space opera Sumerian, alien, epic, story, thing, is right, but since we are all going to be speculating we might as well agree on a freaking name for whatever might be out there. So either Tyche or Nemesis, or Nibiru or Wormwood, or Planet X, or whatever name I might of missed, or even its original name, who really give a shint.

I say they need to name it already, its getting annoying possibly having so many names for the possible same thing, so whether its a brown dwarf star with satellites, or just another big planet, I nominate we name it "Binky" because it sounds cool and awesome. Though it really is not that ominous of a name, or would describe its size, so maybe not, but will they at least agree on a dam name, any name would do really.
edit on 14-2-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Some of the responders seem to believe it's a sure thing. Read more carefully. Two staff professors believe that there is good evidence for this planet. Even so other data suggest the idea is inconclusive. So, same old same old I'm afraid. I think a good rule of thumb is to wait until it is seen on regular news outlets and/or at the NASA website. There is no reason why a discovery like this would be kept secret except if it were seriously doubted because peoples' scientific reputations are on the line. No one wants to be labeled "looney tunes" and banned from scholastic groups. When a consensus of minds agree it will be publicized but not before.

Cheer up guys. The moon could still be a space ship. That would explain the B-17 that is parked there.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Maybe it should be named "Nibnemwormche"

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Well if it is actually Nibiru or has a brown dwarf star for an axis then we hopefully won't have to worry about it in our lifetime. NIbiru could be real but just in the wrong time frame for it to be a problem for this generation.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

They still waiting for a satellite or planet X to hit earth, even by there own admission from were they get that info the Sumerian translations. This already happened in a way distant past, which created our planet "earth" by dislodging it into another loop/trajectory around the sun, completely out of the area were it first was, so there really is nothing there to hit even if Binky comes around again, because we are not in the same spot and neither is Binky, or whatever the name is Nibiru I quess.

Anyways Cool pic though.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumDisciple
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Maybe it should be named "Nibnemwormche"

That's a good name also, but I still prefer Binky.

edit on 14-2-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join