It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is a thread for you to attack atheism and atheists.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm opening this thread up so that people have the option to combine efforts in their attacks on atheism and atheists. Why? Well, with so many threads in the past few months attacking both atheism and atheists, I thought I'd bring things together, get more people involved in the conversation this way.

Quick check:

Atheism: Not believing in any deity.
Atheist: One who does not believe in any deity.

Now, I don't know how you're going to attack not believing in a deity or those who don't, but I still opened this thread up for you to go ahead and do it.

Have fun.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

You missed agnostic...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Jesus is lord.

edit on 2/13/2011 by Drezden because: Video

To be sure I am joking.
edit on 2/13/2011 by Drezden because: Further contemplation

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You and i both Know sir that religion is neither the Only way Nor the one and only true way to be the best person you can be, Infact a religion that changes and conforms to please the Masses in order to become more sustainable have no right to neither judge, condemn or preach to others.
However some do find happiness in thier belief and this should be considerd in the way that any bad thing that can inspire even one person yet fool everyone else can only be considerd a source of Good if even in its minimal form

edit on 13/2/11 by TedHodgson because: even the wise cant spell sometimes...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
...traveling the same path over and over and over and over again creates a giant rut and its BORING, unless you're obsessive compulsive... variety is the spice of life...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
God I hate religion...People are always trying to prove their religion, or enforce it, or condemn others...but why? Unless you have unequivocal evidence of your religion being the right one, people won't care...And even if you did have evidence, there would still be a lot of people who still wouldn't care. So why argue? Why even discuss it? It's a complete waste of time, and the conversation never goes anywhere. And the funny is, most religions are based on the same principles. Religion is like a bunch of maps, all with different directions to the same location. You can take any route you want, it's the matter of getting there that's most important. Can I copyright that? So religion, in fact, doesn't matter, it's what you learn from it that does. Anyway, I'm not going to tell you not to argue about it, I'm just saying it's a complete waste of time.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Damn that man is unfunny and bigoted. I really prefer the far more hilarious Ricky Gervais...I'd post a video or two, but he uses a lot of language.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

To be fair, I doubt most agnostics would want to be included here.

Just sit back, relax and let the children have their fun.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Don't worry my friend, that was my one and only reply (actually.....
)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Oh indeed, his prime demographic is Christian identifying youth.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Atheists can be comedians too.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
In a discussion bashing atheists, agnostics are kinda like the Swiss I think - no reason to drag them into the discussion.
Besides, there's probably a lot more agnostics in real life - proclaimed church denomination notwithstanding.

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
why dont you change the name of the thread to " a thread where morons can try and get some pleasure about thinking that atheists will be punished for not believing in something that is about as real as the tooth fairy."

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
I'm opening this thread up so that people have the option to combine efforts in their attacks on atheism and atheists. Why? Well, with so many threads in the past few months attacking both atheism and atheists, I thought I'd bring things together, get more people involved in the conversation this way.

Quick check:

Now, I don't know how you're going to attack not believing in a deity or those who don't, but I still opened this thread up for you to go ahead and do it.

Have fun.

Why would I want to attack atheists? I am a Christian, and I will argue with an atheist if he/she attacks me, but only then... or, if they state untruths, I will feel obliged to point out that they are wrong.
Otherwise, I will be perfectly happy to let them get on with it, even if they are spewing irrational hatred as is a poster some two or three above me.
Vicky
edit on 13/2/11 by Vicky32 because: To add something...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Can you provide some proof where people outright attack atheism and atheists? From what I see the attacks are going both ways so I don't think you should come here and play the victim card.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

I love comedians from the UK. Aren't most British people atheist as a rule?

reply to post by lewman

Where in this thread has anyone attacked atheism?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
In a discussion bashing atheists, agnostics are kinda like the Swiss I think - no reason to drag them into the discussion.
Besides, there's probably a lot more agnostics in real life - proclaimed church denomination notwithstanding.

ganjoa

exactly and besides Agnostics are just too cool...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

Can you provide some proof where people outright attack atheism and atheists? From what I see the attacks are going both ways so I don't think you should come here and play the victim card.

they are totally vicious towards any other peoples beliefs... unfortunately they only know of Judeo-Christian beliefs...

I say the Atheists should be good atheists and stop acknowledging Deities then like the Judeo/Christian "God"

only logical right ?

edit on 2/13/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Not entirely accurate Madness, quite often I hear Atheists claim either "There is no such thing as God." or "God doesn't exist."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join