It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this just in something fell from the sky and exploded in kentucky.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by weareclouds

YES!!! I'm glad someone else has noticed this! At first I thought it was only because of the snow. Obviously, the sun *seems* brighter when there's snow on the ground. But when all the snow from a few weeks ago melted, I noticed that the sun still seemed unusually bright. I remember making a comment to my son one morning. It seemed like the sun was too bright and it was just... too quiet, I guess. I've only experienced the "too quiet" thing on that one morning, but I know exactly what you're talking about.

Looking into the sun for 5 seconds probably isn't very safe for your eyes though, lol. I read back over your post and I thought you meant the brightness of the day, in general. That's what I had noticed.

I'm not sure the brightness thing means anything at all, but the thought has crossed my mind several times.

Stanford is in Central Kentucky. Look up Lincoln Co. on a map and it wont be hard to find.

edit on 2/8/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moose318
Interesting weird Kentucky stories...Stanford included. Something to read while waiting for any further confirmation.

Weird Kentucky

edit on 7-2-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the link.What a interesting find.My cousin and I were in the woods one day,we were about 6 or 7 at the time when we saw a a big foot type thing.We did not get a good look at it because soon as we saw it we took off like bats out of hell..,But we agree it was about 6 to 5 foot tall and was cover in hair.It could have been one of those Feral Humans the book talked about.Would have been in the same time period.
edit on 8-2-2011 by Sabretooth because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2011 by Sabretooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
at around 9:35 pm in stanford kentucky
something fell from the sky flashed so bright is lit up the entire sky a deep blue.
Then knocked all the power out in the entire town.
When radio came back on the local radio station was telling for something fell from the sky and cause the power outage,
This is hot of the press's.....Just happen.
So as soon as i get news or radio anything to back this up i will bring it here first.

my parent's and sisters all live in stanford i live a county over roughly 20 miles.
and they all know how i am about ufo's..they had to call em and tell me lol
So it might have been a meteorite.idk

Second coming of Colonel Sanders?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackghost
It always makes me laugh when someone says something like dont worry about it, go enjoy your life. This is ATS for christs sake, its made to worry about stuff like that. If not here, then where? Dummy.

Erm... no it isn't. That's what you and this other character want to bring to the forum. The majority just want to talk about interesting phenomena we can't explain. Or, if we can explain it, do so intelligently.

If you want to run around, panicking like Chicken Licken, then help yourselves but leave us out of it, or, if you really are determined to bring us into it, don't blame us when you are shot down in flames for being hysterical.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I don't think anything fell from the sky. If something did, you would find news about it on more sites than just the "we believe" type sites. Although I do think that more and more things happening around the globe are making people jumpy! Time to load up!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Chicken Licken

It's time for dinner.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I secretly work for the government and I STRONGLY advise you to keep any and all information secret from the general public! Need to know!....They don't need to know!

Just kidding... but... Yes, I do believe they would sq-welsh and crush any and all information concerning anything of that size, scale and magnitude.

How, You ask? As soon as I try to leak it, some big steroid freak named Hans... Bangs on my door.... Then my head... Quite the deterrent.

Anyways, I saw a diagram of two spheres. One being 2000 times larger than the other... The Astro physicists told us that it was inevitable, we will be hit. Another man with us asked... "So what? What can THAT little thing do to us?" They responded.. "You don't understand.. This is the Earth." as they pointed to the smaller of the two spheres.
AAHHHHHHHHH!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I have a family member in the area says nothing out of the ordinary. just the usual shelling at the military base. How long was the power out? sorry if i missed that part. If it was a transformer exploding the power shoulda been out for a while.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
any new updates?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well I have read through all of this and didn't see anything confirming anything about this. I have been unable to find anything on the local news for the area, so I am not sure what to believe on this one. However, I took the liberty of writing to the radio station the OP mentioned.

I am a researcher for a small paranormal group in Asheville NC and I was wanting to confirm a report we got. We were told that something fell from the sky near or around Stanford, KY. The claimant said that this happend on the 7th of February at 835pm and that you all reported it on your radio station that something fell from the sky and had knocked out power to the area. I was just wanting to find out if you could confirm this report and if you have any more details on it as I am unable to find any information. Thanks Josh

This was sent the manager of the station: [email protected] www.wpbkfm.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
reply to post by callacas

tons I think mostly dust though I believe on any given night you should be able to see at least a couple shooting stars per hour or so
edit on 2/8/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

Every day, about 40 tons of extra-terrestrial material collides with the earth, most of which is in the form of tiny particles that have come from passing comets.

Source: Prof Nick Mitchell: Inaugral Lecture

As seen from the mid-northern hemisphere (45N) one would expect to see approximately eleven Sporadic meteors per hour during the last hour before dawn as seen from rural observing sites. Evening rates would be near two per hour.

Source: International Meteor Organization

Of course, this does not include active meteor showers, which you would expect to produce an extra 1-2 meteors per hour given good observing conditions under light pollution free skies.

That does not mean much though. A bright fireball can appear at any time, and they are actually quite common.

2. How frequently do fireballs occur?

Several thousand meteors of fireball magnitude occur in the Earth’s atmosphere each day. The vast majority of these, however, occur over the oceans and uninhabited regions, and a good many are masked by daylight. Those that occur at night also stand little chance of being detected due to the relatively low numbers of persons out to notice them.

Additionally, the brighter the fireball, the more rare is the event. As a general thumb rule, there are only about 1/3 as many fireballs present for each successively brighter magnitude class, following an exponential decrease. Experienced observers can expect to see only about 1 fireball of magnitude -6 or better for every 200 hours of meteor observing, while a fireball of magnitude -4 can be expected about once every 20 hours or so.

Source: American Meteor Society Fireball FAQs

I think it could easily be a fireball, although it's unlikely that it was connected with the power outage, but it might also be that a transformer happened to go at around the same time. Both phenomena can produce very similar effects:

- Bright flashes
- Loud booms/rumbling

It's not clear if anyone saw a "falling object" together with bright flashes at the same time, and what the sequence/timing of events and distance between observers was, which might give further clues as to what caused the flashes.

Meteors produce flashes high above the ground, and can potentially be seen from much further away than a transformer going up. Hundreds of miles compared to tens of miles

I don't have the time, but perhaps someone else can check the AMS Fireball report log for possible reports.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well, my contact in Danville finally got back to me and reported no unusual activity then, so I guess it must have been a false alarm.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I live in Richmond, KY, not too far from Stanford, just a little northeast. Although, about seeing unusual activity in the night sky or anything like that I haven't heard any mention of it from anyone I know, or the news outlets. Personally I haven't seen anything like this either. I agree with some of the other posters that it was most likely a transformer that blew, but if I was to hear anything different I'll be sure to post it on here.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

^haha

Bear with me while I go off-subject to explain the big picture, or move this somewhere else, but I feel as this is something to consider. Earlier in this thread I read a few posts referring to black unmarked helicopters in the area of Standford, KY. Now according to the NORTHCON and FEMA conspiracies, the plan is for two weeks before Martial Law, to detain leading anti-govt persons, conspiracy theorists, etc. using black unmarked choppers. We've been having UFO sightings flood ATS and YT, the rich and powerful have been holding massive secret meetings, and leading politicians have been resigning, on top of the conflict in Egypt. Our weather has been inconsistent with past years, and producing big storms, along with a pretty big solar flare, and our Govt. has been all over the New Madrid fault line.

It's possible something major is happening, and they are evacuating world leaders into safety. Watch the rich and powerful over the next few weeks. Their actions will warn us.

This bright blue flash which seemingly caused a power outage could be something landing or taking off, and helicopters to transport it's passengers. The engine of this object that fell from the sky, could cause an Electric Magnetic Pulse that would temporarily knock out power. UFO sightings have been frequent, could be like "Noah's Arc", or the activation of NORTHCON.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Fourteen pages of filler and still no real hints or answers to an event that supposedly shut the power of a town down after something fell from the sky.
I'm going to go watch "The Biggest Loser".

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Not sure what happened. I do believe the OP, though. The power was out in three different counties and it's likely the DJ at the radio station was the one that actually started everything when he claimed "something fell from the sky" when it was likely a blown transformer. We didn't have heavy snow, but I've seen transformers blow in less. The cloud cover was heavy and low at the time so if it was a transformer, it would have lit up the sky more than it would have on a clear night and may have made it look like something actually fell from the sky. Maybe those who have emailed the radio station will get replies and if so, maybe the DJ who made the claim would elaborate a little. I'm not holding my breath, but I guess anything is possible.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod

Originally posted by Blackghost
It always makes me laugh when someone says something like dont worry about it, go enjoy your life. This is ATS for christs sake, its made to worry about stuff like that. If not here, then where? Dummy.

Erm... no it isn't. That's what you and this other character want to bring to the forum. The majority just want to talk about interesting phenomena we can't explain. Or, if we can explain it, do so intelligently.

If you want to run around, panicking like Chicken Licken, then help yourselves but leave us out of it, or, if you really are determined to bring us into it, don't blame us when you are shot down in flames for being hysterical.

-------> Sorry mods, please don't ban me but I have to say this.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaiju

All when talking about UFO's, you need to start at the top, NFO's Nasa Filmed Objects.

There are countless NFO's happening and the best things is no-one can go and discredit Nasa's archived footage.

vodpod.com...

www.youtube.com...

Be sure to add to the collection!!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This is my first post to this threat but I’m being fallowing it sense day one..
Till now didn’t saw any confirmation from official sources about the incident
Or what really happen in Kentucky I can see only a lot of speculation,

My question is:

Is there anyone who saw this reported on the news or newspaper?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join