It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming Massive Earthquake off Japan - A Dream

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
So of the hundreds of predictions in the last month or so an Earthquake of the coast of Japan is somehow now proof of what?
as a couple of posts in the first page point out its not really a far out prediction to make and someone pointed out that one is overdue as they happen BIG on average every 80 years.
As all people who believe in predictions and prophecies do though they forget about the thousands of failed predictions between that post and this.
Of course I am the crazy one for thinking a guess that an Earthquake will happen in a region known for Earthquakes and was overdue one is mild guess work that just happened to be right as per chance.
Maybe if I state a big flood is coming to England around the Midlands I am psychic too if that comes true?
How about a plane crash in Sweden for the double wow factor, surely as that isn't a natural occurrence that isn't due on a rota basis and in a far smaller distinct specific area that would make me some sort of super psychic.

PS: This is in no way a knock on the OP as he isn't the one gloating over a bit of guess work like its a spiritual prophesy or something.
inb4 someone takes offence to common sense and logic.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

That poor guy! He recanted after people harassed and made fun of him relentlessly. He has autism and lives in Nova Scotia. Here is his CNN iReport page,Twitter and Facebook. His YT account is closed, but a lot of his videos remain if you look around the web.

ireport.cnn.com...
facebook.com/frankie.m.donald
twitter.com...

From an Interviewl:

‘The Weather Space’, posted 23-June:
Reporter: Was what you said real and why did you say it?
Frankie: It was real, however people told me to stop making these videos to scare people. I know something will happen.
Reporter: What makes you think something will?
Frankie: I can see into the future sometimes. Certain signs and feelings come to me and this one is very strong.
Reporter: What are you going to do if you are wrong?
Frankie: I will not be wrong. I urge everyone to use the warning wisely and care for your well being.
Reporter: What makes you into weather and earthquakes?
Frankie: I have autism. It makes me into these stuff.
Reporter: In one of your videos you withdrew the warning, why?
Frankie: I did it to ease the panic. I’ve been harassed like no other and would like to move on with my life. I am closing my account. Thank you for your time, I have to go.

edit on 11-3-2011 by donatellanator because: more info

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
People will not like what I will have to say but these are things just to keep in mind. I am not claiming to debunk claims of prophecy and such. I have nothing to say about the validity and existence of prophetic powers. I love the creator of this thread and he/she has carried themselves extraordinarily well. But let's not come to conclusions prematurely.

1. When taking in mind the many predictions on these forums, it was only a matter of time before a prediction was made that would come true. If all the predictions were false, or a 0% success rate, that would imply all people would have to do is reason backwards and then the predictions are 100%. So it makes sense that some would come true and some would not. Just like the real world.

2. 1 dream with 1 successful result is not enough to conclude prophetic powers. It is equivalent to testing an airplane once, it was successful that one time, and then thinking it is safe to fly. If the poster had more dreams to share and they happened as well, and it was accurate over 53% of the time then I would conclude that at least this person has a strong intuition if not anything else.

3. Scientists calculated a 99% chance that a major earthquake would hit Japan within 30 years. That means a 7+ earthquake was more than 99% likely to happen. What if this major earthquake happened three years down the road? What if the earthquake happened in 2020, over nine years from now from this thread's creation? I don't know about you but the longer the time passes from the prediction, the less amazing the prediction seems. The reason it probably seems so amazing is that it happened within a month so it was fresh on the mind. But that prediction isn't any better than what the scientists were predicting. The scientists also said it was possible the earthquake could happen today because March 11, 2011 is within the domain of 30 years.

Now, let me say, what I am impressed by is the level of detail the OP had; namely the east coast (50% of getting it right if only naming the west and east coast) and that it wouldn't just be a 7.0 in magnitude, surrounded by smaller quakes, but much higher. It is the details that make this post so intriguing.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

So about that game of risk...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShaktipatSeer
skep·ti·cal   
[skep-ti-kuhl] Show IPA
–adjective
inclined to skepticism; having doubt: a skeptical young woman.
showing doubt: a skeptical smile.
denying or questioning the tenets of a religion: a skeptical approach to the nature of miracles.
( initial capital letter ) of or pertaining to Skeptics or Skepticism.

Skeptics are not people who approach things with a "rational" attitude, it just means that you INHERENTLY DOUBT EVERYTHING THAT DOESN'T FIT WITH YOUR NARROW VIEW OF THE WORLD. Therefor it's really just close-mindedness, if you would pull your heads out of your asses and actually investigate the nature of the human consciousness you would see that this kind of thing happens quite frequently! Prophecy is nothing new!

Actually, that's not what a true skeptic does. All a true skeptic does is refrain from making assertions without proof. For example: as a true skeptic, I CANNOT say, "This is a fluke." There is no proof that this is a fluke. It is quite possible that it isn't a fluke, actually, given the present evidence. I can only say, "There is no irrefutable proof that this is not a fluke. Nor is there any proof that this was a fluke." Full stop.

That is the difference between a skeptic and a pseudo-skeptic who, much like a pseudo-scientist, twists the concept and intention of science to suit their own worldview or agenda.

Skepticism means to doubt, and to require proof before asserting something as fact. Including things being false or untrue. Anyone calling themselves a skeptic and saying they know for a fact that this was a fluke is not being honestly skeptical in my opinion. A skeptic can have personal opinions. But they cannot assert facts without proof.
edit on 3/11/2011 by AceWombat04 because: typo

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator

Thank you for your in depth research,yes that poor guy has a gift much like the op. I would like to meet him and talk in depth with him,he has been gifted I believe and although it is all too easy to laugh at him he was very,very close on the Japan Tsunami a year ago. I shall not laugh at him no more,as a matter of fact I owe him an apology for laughing at him at all. That young man has a gift and I would love to spend some time with him, I would pay very close attention to what he had to say.

Oh and thanks I have him on twitter now,he will be my friend, I will take care of him now if he needs me.
edit on 3/11/11 by nickoli because: to add

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

I have to say, the kid is way more obnoxious, than he is right. I don't care what his perdicting. I don't want to hear him.
I think I just realised something about prophecy. You can't be effective if people don't like you.
No matter how right you are.

I hope his not yours.

edit on 11-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
OK, I have never bothered posting anything like this before, but though this was a good a time as any to start!.

By no means am saying that I am psychic of have precognitive skills.

Last night, I had a brief dream in which I saw a map of the USGS world view (which I do check on and off)

On it I saw a LARGE RED sqaure surrounded by many other smaller squares just of the east coast of Japan. The thing was this square was much larger than the normal size square USGS put up for a 7+

Normally would not think much of this, but this was one of those that sticks clearly in my mind, and I can still see with my waking eye.

- Just to add previously I have had experience of having headaches prior to large EQ's including just prior to the Chile quake I woke up with an urge to watch videos of the 2004 Tsunami, which was unexplained. Later I was involved in the massive thread about that quake and the ensuing Tsunami warnings.

Just though everyone might like to know. And if not, then whatever.

edit on 7/2/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

hey great call. Did you get a headache before this one as well?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You must be very young and particularly heartless,that was very hateful towards a handicapped person who may well be gifted. You know they thought Noah was insane too untill they were drowning and beating on the side of his boat. I know I opened myself up with that but you know what they say. You gotta stand for something or you'll fall for anything. You best be thankful your so perfect and all.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I would just like to say that I have had many unusual experiences that to most defy explanation but these have also been seen and had by others around me at the same time. With this event in mind I laid back and allowed my self to do something I have not done in ages because I have been content with with my knowledge of what is and shall be for me. I have been able to do out of body trips for a while now So I did just because I felt the need to not for me but for others . Japan's recent events are just the beginning but I must impress upon you that those of us that know better are and will be not afraid of what comes because there shall and will be life beyond most individuals understanding
Just ask any quantum physicist and they will tell you that energy cannot be destroyed only transformed or transmuted into a different type of energy. This should be enough proof that there is no question of life beyond physical. I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that we shall become beings beyond space and time and that we will be able to manipulate energy like we now manipulate material objects.
Yes things may seem to be scary on in a physical sense for a little while but soon all that will pass as so shall we into the next existence where all shall be truly magnificent.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

Oh man, I can't say I didn't expect this. I 'll explain Although the last post I made wasn't really ridiculing a handicapped person. I just now read that he was handicapped and was going to change my post. But you responded so quickly and I may as well let it stand. I mean he is hard to listen to. The handicapp does soften my hart for the little fella. I will go ahead and apologise for my uneducated post . I hope it will suffice in getting me off the hook here. This is why I wear shades.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hellsangel

Nice post,I just hope I can keep and cherish the love of my beautiful children in the afterlife or the next life, for I love them so and bless my God for giving their beautiful love for me to have for a time.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Indeed it does my friend indeed it does. For we ALL fall short of the glory. I am no better than you brother nor am I no better than that young man. I am a little or maybe even alot ashamed that I had laughed at him earlier myself. What this world needs is a little more love and a lot less hate. Beautiful reply Randy,beautiful,you are a good soul no worries.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Game_Over
reply to post by RANDOMguess

So about that game of risk...

YEP!!!!! lol

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Yes, please share any future dreams you feel like. Even if they seem irrelevant.

I too have been feeling strong headaches that come on quickly. Almost like I've been hit with a sedative...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

See part of that post was me trying to be honest and at the same time be entertaining, humorous. This was one of those times when it backfired right in my face. It happens and my experience provides me with a fair amount of diplomacy in bad situation. So I thank God for that and a big WHEW! ( wipes sweat from brow ) and a thank you my good man .

Think I'll go see what I can stir up on slayers thread. Kicks rocks.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Funny how people try to rationalize this...

A prophetic dream. It happened. Deal with it.

It has happened before, it will happen again.

This time we just have a record of it...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I don't and will not ever, share any of my dreams to anyone anymore, especially online. Unless I wake up in a cold sweat and wake my wife up and talk to her about. A few weeks back i was saying in the chat room I had a bad feeling about something bad was about to happen and I pretty much got laughed at. As a matter a fact I stopped coming to ats, until this tragedy. Unfortunately My feeling is still there, and I do not think all the bad that is about to happen has ended with the earthquake. Its just a feeling of everything around me not being right. To add insult to injury and I don't care if you believe me or not, I had one of the worst headaches ever all of yesterday, and I have just been feeling so weird like a deep pain in my soul, I just can't explain it.

Even my wife has noticed me not being normal, anyhow thats about as personal as I will get.

go ahead and make fun of me now.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I just wanted to say that I think this is amazing. Even if this is a coincidence, it would be extremely unlikely and the odds are incredible. I personally appreciate you posting your recollection of your dream. With out it, we in the ATS community would be less informed of another phsycic vent. Thanks again for you contribution and I look forrward to any other predicitons you may have in the future! Again, this is amazing.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Don't be discouraged with ATS. Your mistake was the chat room. I went in one time that's all it took for me to see the crowd in their is a very different entity altogether. I was there fifteen minutes and as far as I'm concerned the folks that haunt there are ghosts. Not for me.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join