It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors in training taught to physically violate unconscious patients.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
If you are going in for surgery anytime soon, or know someone who is....

please read this article first...source

If you're undergoing surgery at the hospital, you might want to have a secret nanny cam nearby to record what goes on, because it turns out that unconscious patients are being physically violated by medical students as part of their "medical training.

(NaturalNews) Warning: Explicit language. We apologize for the extremely explicit nature of this story, but we feel that publishing this truth, no matter how repulsive, is in the public interest and serves the greater purpose of informing patients about what can happen to them while under sedation at hospitals. Do NOT read this article if you are easily offended, grossed out or otherwise disturbed by explicit language in a medical context. The information contained in this report is NOT appropriate for children. It is, however, true. This is not a hoax. Now for the story:

source

On a lighter side of this story...my favorite part..

And if you're forced to go into a conventional hospital for one reason or another, duct tape your butt cheeks together just to be sure no one goes in there. Put a sticker on the tape that reads, "Warranty void if seal broken," and point out to your surgeon that your rectum is off limits to him, his staff and his students. Make him sign a piece of paper that says, "I will not violate my patients." They make you sign a pile of paperwork, after all. Have a few documents of your own for them to sign for a change. That paperwork might include valuable tidbits such as, "The foot to amputate is on the LEFT. The foot to leave alone is on the RIGHT. The entire anal-rectal area is entirely off limits and don't play with my breasts while I'm unconscious.

Sources for this story include:

News.com.au:
www.news.com.au...

MadisonMag.com.au:
madisonmag.com.au...

Foxnews.com:
www.foxnews.com...

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

edit on 1-2-2011 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

How Concerning! Then again i cant think of a better time for Doctors To check "Those Parts", As long as they dont leave any Surgical Appatus in there i couldnt care less

edit on 1/2/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

How Concerning! Then again i cant think of a better time for Doctors To check "Those Parts", As long as they dont leave any Surgical Appatus in there i couldnt care less

edit on 1/2/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

Well, here is one students comment..

If you're having your anus cut out then having someone’s finger put in it anyway, I just thought was an irrelevance basically so I have no qualms what[so]ever about not having specifically consented her to allow me to do a rectal examination."

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Bi friggin whoop. As long as they arent sticking a penis somewhere who cares??

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Them cocky Medical Students Eh

I dont really have to worry about such things, Ive got private care, But yeah Persons in a position of trust should know better.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

"Teaching" hospitals probably have some release that patients have signed authorizing this, whether they realize it or not. There are pros and cons to going to a research or teaching hospital, but personally I feel the pros far outweigh the cons. Also, the article seemed to make a big deal out of the 17 year old girl, but Doctors have to touch genitalia of people at all ages, it doesn't just start when they turn 18.

So, I might not want to be poked and prodded, but if I choose to use a teaching hospital, because I feel the care is better, then I have to also realize that I might get used as a test dummy while I'm out.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
On the humorous side of things, could you imagine, being on the slab, and some new doctor in training has the following conversation:

New doctor: whats this do?
Experienced doctor: stretches the sphincter~
N/D: well?, let me see how wide this chick can go? HA HA
E/D: ok, you'll be surprised though! HA HA
N/D: WOW you werent kidding! Lets go a little deeper!
E/D: sure why not?

But on the serious side of things? Rather disheartening to know that these doctors and trainee's are experimenting on patients, without their knowledge. I can already see some serious " events" occurring in the near future with this practice.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is news?

Well personally i do not see how they can efficiently train groups of docters in how to give a rectal examinatian if they had to wait untill someone actually comes in for a rectal examination (example i think you get my menaing) AND consents to allowing the students in.

Seriously, if they had to get consent from everyone each time medical students need some "hands on" education then how is anyone ever going to pass and become a trained docter/surgeon?

I'm all for bringing down big pharma but next time some ungreatfull ass hat get's pissed at the surgeon who just saved his life because "some docters/surgeons in training may have touched me" well... were i that docter i would be all "good ridance next time you come knocking".

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

So, I might not want to be poked and prodded, but if I choose to use a teaching hospital, because I feel the care is better, then I have to also realize that I might get used as a test dummy while I'm out.

Just make sure you know you will be a test dummy first..

otherwise you will wake up like this guy..

You really have to wonder what this poor patient thought when he woke up from surgery with a sore rectum that had been sodomized by a group of medical students while he was unconscious. He may have awoken, realized something was terribly wrong, and thought to himself, in all seriousness, "Did I just get violated by my surgeon?" The answer, of course, is YES! In fact, he got violated by a whole queue of medical students practicing to become doctors

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Im Sure his Soddamised arse was Worth it to train some Medical Students, Maybe some people just make a big deal of such things?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Unethical. Plain and simple.

And I do not want unethical doctors.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I agree.

There is something odd I noticed in this quote from the article:

'Not all the students went along with the anal violation of unconscious patients, by the way. In one case, a student refused to participate in what he described as a woman "spread-eagled on the bed and the nurse is pulling down her jeans at the same time and it was all very complicated and you could see her, she was about seventeen." '

Why would an unconscious patient still have her jeans on instead of a hospital gown?

If this was an emergency procedure, why would they hold up the whole works to parade a bunch trainees by, when they could do it on followup?

That doesn't sound right at all.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I thought that was odd too, since it is virtually impossible to pull the pants off someone who is spread eagle?

Also, I do not believe that any students were opting to disobey an instructor in a teaching hospital. If the group was practicing rectal exams, and you refused, then you wouldn't be receiving your points for that day, and medical school is too expensive to repeat!

I think the article probably took a couple of mundane events or exaggerated and/or comical comments and then expounded on those.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Maybe they should have to pay someone to be their training dumby.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

Hell yeah! There will be some Strange people out there that will happilly offer for free.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I think the article probably took a couple of mundane events or exaggerated and/or comical comments and then expounded on those.

*gasp!* NaturalNews.com exaggerating (or completely fabricating) something in order to create a story where there isn't one?

SHOCKING!
edit on 2/1/2011 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

In most cases, you are somewhat compensated by going to a teaching hospital or a research hospital. Either the prices are more reasonable, or you are able to get some treatment or care that is not offered at other hospitals. There are also extra release forms to sign that indicate the hospital is held harmless from liability for side effects of experimental treatments or errors as a result of your treatment or your access to student doctors. I think there is usually something along the lines that your charts and records might be used as a teaching aid, and that you must provide access to student doctors.

I can't remember everything that I signed, but Shands Hospital in Gainesville is top-notch, and it is a teaching and a student hospital, and if I had to have a rectal exam to get in, I would gladly agree. The top-notch care is worth it! They saved my youngest son.....twice!! He was wasting away at a regular hospital in Tallahassee for months, and Shands had him fixed up in 3 days and sent home. They also treated a buddy of mine for cancer, and the care was light-years ahead of the care he was receiving in Tallahassee. Other research/teaching hospitals that have novel care and world-class reputations include the Mayo Clinics, St. Judes, Mount Sinai, etc. A little anal probing goes a long way in saving lives.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I am truly surprised that so many people don't care
about this violation made on an unconscious patient.
Wow.
This really does say something about who we have become on this planet.
Frightening.
edit on 1-2-2011 by spinkyboo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

When you sign in as a patient at a teaching hospital, part of your admission form gives permission for medical students to see you, as well as perform reasonable non-invasive procedures on you (inserting IVs, giving meds, physical exams, etc.). If you're uncomfortable with this, don't go to a teaching hospital.

Do you think doctors just magically gain experience with all procedures once we get our MDs? Do you want a doctor performing your pap smear/rectal exam who has NEVER done one before under supervision?
edit on 2/1/2011 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Of course they are ridiculous. All the same, people thinking that this is a GREAT idea is rather disturbing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join