It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Believe I Have Supporting Evidence That We Aren't Real

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by lifer201

I have no idea who you are posting to, but learn to quote properly and attribute your replies properly.

And if you're calling me 'kid' then you better be over 60 son.

edit on 25/1/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

Lol cool your above post had me thinking for a while though, about the tools of observation. Why do you think its the tools of observation can change an outcome? I think the outcome will be the same no matter how it is prepared for and no matter the tools
edit on 25-1-2011 by lifer201 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifer201

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by lestweforget
reply to post by lifer201

So just let me get this clear before i make a fool of myself as you just have. I need proof that im real?

Hmmm, so does that mean the OP must prove he's NOT REAL ??

Well this is gonna be fun..
Go ahead OP, show me proof that you aint really here....

Lol my words thrown out of context. He has evidence supporting his theory

What evidence?

WHAT?

Baloney.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

I look at it like the movie the matrix. You don't know your not here, because we are saved information/energy being projected. As a matter of fact, everything makes sense just how it's supposed to. I show you that we aren't real. It's just a matter of thought and consciousness that proves a reality. Rest assured, this is only my thoughts based off of others evidence and research, and it can possibly all be false. Just take it as food for thought.

On a serious note, YES I'll try

I do think about things like you mention..
But then we will never know unless someone offers us the red pill (so to speak)
That leads back to if it's true then what can we do about it and HOW can we prove it's true??

All thoughts, feelings and visions are nothing but electrical impulses..
Easily manipulated if that's what we are....

It's simply a "no answer" debate..

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

There is an answer, but only one way to find it.

I think it is sad though, that the only way to find out if we are "real" is to have to die to see if we reawaken in that other place. I'd rather live in blissful ignorance if that is the only real way to see the truth. I do look forward to seeing it someday.... just not this day!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seitler

There is an answer, but only one way to find it.

I think it is sad though, that the only way to find out if we are "real" is to have to die to see if we reawaken in that other place. I'd rather live in blissful ignorance if that is the only real way to see the truth. I do look forward to seeing it someday.... just not this day!

You think that?
If we are in something like the Matrix then I'd assume we'd die and basically reset..
The OP's theory doesn't go into another state of being that I can see..

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

Free thought;
I have no problems with this, i like to imagine different concepts "outside the box" mind you i have to admit i dont have the wildest imagination. I suppose i may have been a little harsh in my initial response to this thread but i have to disagree with this as freethought, this is just a case of too much sci-fi, take away the matrix, star trek and avatar and you would be left with very little thought at all. An ex work colleage tried to encourage me to read up on quantum phisics, he was at the time studying it on some level, this same self acclaimed genius couldnt even change a simple fuse.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Very interesting Op.
I like the way you think!

Peace 2 all

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

you arent real? then it should be easy for you to levitate, teleport or stop breathing without dying. But you obviously cant do that. We are real, at least i am.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by _damon

I can hack a game that has rules forbidding levitation, so why can't I hack my brain. It is, after-all, an organic computer. Then I would, hypothetically, be able to fly, or even move abjects with a thought.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by _damon
reply to post by Mizzijr

you arent real? then it should be easy for you to levitate, teleport or stop breathing without dying. But you obviously cant do that. We are real, at least i am.

This is not about magic tricks, I'm not Criss Angel or David Blane. This is a collective subject not individual. Believe it or not, this a very anticipated subject in Quantum Mechanics.

Originally posted badwolf
reply to post by Mizzijr

Observation does not affect outcome - the tools of observation do.

This is a very interesting thought and may very well be the reason in some cases. However, there was no conscious being conducting the Big Bang, so what tools of observation caused that outcome?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

This is a very interesting thought and may very well be the reason in some cases. However, there was no conscious being conducting the Big Bang, so what tools of observation caused that outcome?

But going by your theory, who says there was a Big Bang??
Confusing huh??

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
in order to understand the golden ratio and how it relates to the web of fractal dimensions that exist everywhere infinitely you must experience samadhi. AKA cosmic consiousness, communion with the source, fellowship of the ring, whatever you want to call it. Once you realize that the molecules in your body go infinitely inward and the universe of stars goes infinitely outward, then you see the mobius strip of creation. That is the purpose of the infinity symbol. we are fractals. an infinite consciousness in a finite space. Everything is in fact much simpler than we make it out be but we make it difficult because collectively we are working with polarized perception and are unable to quiet the collective mind. the reason everyone has such a hard time understanding the unsolved mysteries of world is because you've been told they are unsolved and you believed it. you been lied to. awakening is happening right now. most of you cannot feel it yet. the universe is revealing it's true nature which is harmony and synchronicty. because the creator is a musician and the universe is his instrument. The energy we are starting to receive right now from Hunab Ku is brought to you by the Blue Hand wavespell which started 1/20/2011. This is the first transitional wave that is palpable to the energy body. If you are not aware of your subtle body or don't use a 13 moon calender then you will not be in sync with this energy and will not receive awakening as fast. but speed is nothing because time doesn't exist.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

Sigh, this is what happens when people comment on subjects they don't understand, what the videos he posted. And we're not really talking atoms, we're talking the particles that make up electrons, which make up atoms.

The double slit experiment, as shown in that video, proves that not only do these base particles have the ability to be in more places than one at a time, they are effected by outside observation. as explained in the video you didn't watch, this isn't to say WATCHING them with your eyes does anything. A single stray electron passing too close can affect them.

they have PROVEN this, and the video provides a real time video of this experiment done with photons fired from a highly tuned laser.

The hologram theory is largely misunderstood it seems. The theory states that we live and see in 3 dimensions, but for all we know, in reality, we're living on a 2 dimensional plane. they are actively trying to prove or disprove this theory by using, again, highly tuned lasers and measuring them at intense detail to find "fuzziness" in the speed of light, if they find this, they think it means we're living in a 2 dimensional plane that feels 3d to use.

Take a fishbowl. The fish inside the bowl has a distorted view of reality, but to him, it's natural, he lives in a universe with boundaries. We on the outside see that infact the universe exists outside that bowl, but the fish can't comprehend that.

We're the fish, the universe is the bowl. We can't really grasp the nature of a system we're inside of.

none of this is to say we're in some computer simulation. Though that theory exists as well.

the basis of the theory is that we're inside a system we're trying to define, but without understand what's outside of the system, we can't look at it objectively. We're real. But on the outside of this universe, are we merely 3d projections inside a 2d reality. THAT's the theory, it's not really that hard to grasp.

the grabbed the black hole as a way to answer one of the main dilemmas in physics today. According to hawking, matter that gets pulled into black hole gets broken down and eventually destroyed. But physics states that information can't be lost. some say a blackhole is merely the gateway to one of the other universes, and that when matter leaves here, it moves there, and everything is still inside 1 large system where information is always retained.

BUT, if we're merely on the surface of a blackhole in 2 dimensions, the information we think we are losing isn't lost at all.

As most in the video state towards the end:

Don't feel bad if you aren't 'getting it', no one actually understands quantum mechanics, and anyone claiming to is lying.

Another theory I've heard (maybe in that video?) is that blackholes don't exist forever and eventually collapse, taking all of that information with them. Could this be the "big bang" in another universe? According to the big bang, all of the universe, in the beginning, was contained in a single point where the laws of physics don't apply. isn't this the same at the center of a black hole? Time itself starts to slow? Couldn't the mass and information leaving universe A through a black hole, be the seed for the big bang in universe B ?

Speaking of mass, that's the last particle they are looking to find with the LHC. If they find the particle they expect, it will explain where mass comes from and we;'ll have a better understanding of reality.

That's what that documentary was taking a stab at, explaining that we're on the very brink of understanding what reality actually is. First it was atoms. Then we cracked them open and found electrons and neutrons and crap. Then we started slamming electrons together with colliders and discovered many more particles, we keep peeling the layers back and they think this is the last layer.

We might just be able to answer the age old question "where did the universe come from" in our life times.

Or, as I suspect, as we continue to evolve our technology, we'll find more and more sub layers
edit on 25-1-2011 by phishybongwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

What?!.

A Conundrum?,.....

A Paradox?....

I don't know,but I do know it would make a damned good bumper sticker.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I think the point is that our "reality" is not what it seems. Quantum physics is very interesting and maybe gives us a small glimpse into reality. The Bible does say what we can't see is more real than what we can see. Good stuff.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Reality is relative to how it is perceived,to what tools are used to measure it.

I see red,but if I could see through your eyes,the way you see,would I see the color red as I have been conditioned to perceive it,as I have been conditioned to see it?.

Sometimes you can see past the conditioning.

Sometimes not.

?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I feel pretty real! I hope this life is real........I don't want to think about this.....But, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Jbondo

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jbondo1

What always bakes my noodle is.....

If I wasn't here before I was born,and someday I will die and not be here anymore....

Was I ever here?,Am I here now?.

Does it matter at all?.

I'm a soap bubble,I pop,Then I am just a wet soap spot,then I evaporate.

Matter in transition?.

Hmph!.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Truly fascinating op. As well as most of the replies. I have seen most of this before, years ago. There are some truly great thinkers here at ATS. I have come to the conclusion after 51 years of trying to wrap my head around some of the stuff that gets mentioned here, That we as a species are truly infants. Although some humans with very large egos believe they have most of it figured out, in reality know nothing. However I will keep my ears, eyes and mind open and try to, at least consider, anyone who is kind enough to share with me the inner workings of their reality. In their attempt to "figure it out ".

Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I have heard the hologram theory before. Michael Talbot clearly explains this theory in his book The Holographic Universe.

There is no reason why this theory does not hold true on a quantum level.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join