It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Believe I Have Supporting Evidence That We Aren't Real

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The thread title may be misleading to a few people who don't understand the thoughts behind this thread. It would be like telling the holographic doctor on the Star Trek Voyager show that he was not real. You are implying he is not real as in relation to the rest of reality apart from his own. That may be a bit far fetched example since in this thread the entire universe we see would be holographic. The more physical world composed of extra dimensions could exist outside ours and we would be like a holographic projection within that reality that we are not able to see.

In other words our world with our limited dimensions would be like ghosts appear to us in our world, they lack some reality to us and there is nothing for us to touch and feel like in our world. I believe this is the idea behind this thread. I've heard the idea before. In fact I sometimes imagine myself in another reality lying unconscious on a hospital bed while I experience this reality. If that were true, this reality may not exist as we thought we know reality and everything was created as a holographic universe. The true universe may consist of several dimensions and we could be the ghosts within a larger reality consisting of several dimensions that we can not even see.

The other idea I've heard is that our entire universe as we are aware of it could be nothing more than an extremely advanced holographic computer simulation. We would experience life as holograms so to speak and not realize it wasn't as real as the "real" world with several extra dimensions that we know nothing about. God could be the AI running the program. In that sense the AI would be all powerful but probably wanting the program to run without too much outside interference. If that were true, it makes you wonder how long this program will run and since mankind is only on one planet in one star system out of billions of star systems out of billions of galaxies, this program may run a long long time. Billions of our years could be a second in the "real" world but I guess that is more pure speculation.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Actually I found it quite interesting. I also found an video on Youtube through BBC of the double slit experiment.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

So answer me this. When people hallucinate, is that real?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

The Dream Part

We see with our eyes open, not closed. We are able to see because of a source of light being the sun, bouncing of things in the air creating color for are optical nerves to see outside of our brain. When we close our eyes we can not see anything but darkness. Until we dream, why is it that we can see light in our dream when eyes are closed? There is NO source of light be processed. So could this be the proof of "saved information" or energy from the horizon of a black hole?

I'd compare dreams to a video camera..
To film a scene you need light...
To play it back you don't..
Dreams are a combinations of memories..
Some we don't even remember seeing but our brain still stored the images..
Our mind creates the dream from visions already seen..

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by lestweforget
reply to post by lifer201

So just let me get this clear before i make a fool of myself as you just have. I need proof that im real?

Hmmm, so does that mean the OP must prove he's NOT REAL ??

Well this is gonna be fun..
Go ahead OP, show me proof that you aint really here....

Lol my words thrown out of context. He has evidence supporting his theory. Do you guys have any evidence proving him wrong besides the "Im Real" Claim. Lol think about it if u weren't real how would you know? lol Just messing with you but dont be so quick to devalue someone because the claim they make seems crazy to you. All i can say is look at your history all the great ones were made to look like psychos. Lol and im not saying this guy is one of those great ones. Gotta clarify that before people start throwin words in me mouth!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
lestweforget just made my short list of "possibal paid posters"
shame on you trying to knock down and make such tom foolery of free thought

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by lifer201

Lol my words thrown out of context. He has evidence supporting his theory. Do you guys have any evidence proving him wrong besides the "Im Real" Claim. Lol think about it if u weren't real how would you know? lol Just messing with you but dont be so quick to devalue someone because the claim they make seems crazy to you. All i can say is look at your history all the great ones were made to look like psychos. Lol and im not saying this guy is one of those great ones. Gotta clarify that before people start throwin words in me mouth!

Despite popular belief of some on ATS, I actually think deep enough to consider theories such as the OP's
Heck, even The Matrix gets me thinking..

Despite the deep thought though, I also have a sense of humour..
We need to laugh and joke more..
It's not a crime I hope..

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

Nah man he's not intelligent enough to get paid for his posts. He's a drunken troll.

link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
reply to post by muzzleflash

You are so very correct, I used incorrect wording thank you lol.

Aghhh headache ! please dumb it down. and forget the videos lets here it in your own words. i need a summary!

Ok, let's see.. My main point was really the dreaming part, which I'm not sure if I was too clear when explaining.

The Point

If there really are different dimensions, then that means everything has already happened, even your death. Based off of Lenny's theory the horizon can somehow "save" information from a black hole. He gets this theory from the "Law of Conservation of Energy" which states, " Energy can not be created nor destroyed."

So if we are being projected from the horizon, then it is everything projected from the previous 3D universe, which made me think that maybe they converted into a 4th dimension, I don't know. But if so, then we wouldn't be able to see them due to how Carl Sagan explains that we are simply "shadows" of the 4th dimension. so could it be that the horizon of a black hole could be the gateway or link to another dimension, I don't know.

The Dream Part

We see with our eyes open, not closed. We are able to see because of a source of light being the sun, bouncing of things in the air creating color for are optical nerves to see outside of our brain. When we close our eyes we can not see anything but darkness. Until we dream, why is it that we can see light in our dream when eyes are closed? There is NO source of light be processed. So could this be the proof of "saved information" or energy from the horizon of a black hole?

Hmm what your saying is somewhat clearer. Have you looked into the photon belt that we will completely enter in 2013? its probably the black hole you mean. the photon belt does seem to be speeding up time from what scientist claim. Interesting read really thanks OP.

link   

Aghhh headache ! please dumb it down. and forget the videos lets here it in your own words. i need a summary!

Ok, let's see.. My main point was really the dreaming part, which I'm not sure if I was too clear when explaining.

The Point

If there really are different dimensions, then that means everything has already happened, even your death. Based off of Lenny's theory the horizon can somehow "save" information from a black hole. He gets this theory from the "Law of Conservation of Energy" which states, " Energy can not be created nor destroyed."

So if we are being projected from the horizon, then it is everything projected from the previous 3D universe, which made me think that maybe they converted into a 4th dimension, I don't know. But if so, then we wouldn't be able to see them due to how Carl Sagan explains that we are simply "shadows" of the 4th dimension. so could it be that the horizon of a black hole could be the gateway or link to another dimension, I don't know.

The Dream Part

Hmm what your saying is somewhat clearer. Have you looked into the photon belt that we will completely enter in 2013? its probably the black hole you mean. the photon belt does seem to be speeding up time from what scientist claim. Interesting read really thanks OP.
edit on 25-1-2011 by lifer201 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifer201

Indeed, 15 mins to find out MY opinion is a hard lark.

crikey, CLIFFS NOTES OR YOU DONT EXIST.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Lol nothing wrong with humor. I just have a hard time ruling out when someone is joking or being sarcastic. Lol my fault mon, Me flashed you my insecurities lol

Originally posted by badw0lf

Lol everyone is a Smart guy. Is it to much to ask the op his own thoughts on his thread? lol he did explain it alot better a second time, and if you got it the first time good for you smart guy Lol

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I'd compare dreams to a video camera..
To film a scene you need light...
To play it back you don't..
Dreams are a combinations of memories..
Some we don't even remember seeing but our brain still stored the images..
Our mind creates the dream from visions already seen..

So what about visionaries? There are people, including myself who have seen a future event, or even a future person and the event took place.

My vision wasn't dramatic or even life changing lol. But it was correct.

Also, I lol'd at your previous post.

Hmmm, so does that mean the OP must prove he's NOT REAL ??

Well this is gonna be fun..
Go ahead OP, show me proof that you aint really here....

I look at it like the movie the matrix. You don't know your not here, because we are saved information/energy being projected. As a matter of fact, everything makes sense just how it's supposed to. I show you that we aren't real. It's just a matter of thought and consciousness that proves a reality. Rest assured, this is only my thoughts based off of others evidence and research, and it can possibly all be false. Just take it as food for thought.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I would like people to try and use their brain.

Reality is different for every being and thing.

If you are posting here, feeling, eating, fighting, everything else, you are living in reality.

Reality is real to whoever/whatever is experiencing that reality.

Who cares if there are many realities? Just as there are probably many worlds.

Think independently of all the crap posted on the internet.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
Awesome, this thread should be given some sort of award, a gold medal at least for the most rediculous thread ever! This site loses credibility with every thread such as this. I seldom use this term but i cannot help myself you my freind are a moron!

Clear point of the ats users that bring me down! Never criticize people without any proof. He has showed his evidences what about you?

Oh no man... Like, dont being me down rite!!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Lol nothing wrong with humor. I just have a hard time ruling out when someone is joking or being sarcastic. Lol my fault mon, Me flashed you my insecurities lol

Lol everyone is a Smart guy. Is it to much to ask the op his own thoughts on his thread? lol he did explain it alot better a second time, and if you got it the first time good for you smart guy Lol

What do you think I was asking for? A historical dramatic play?

I wanted it in his own words...

Where did he explain it, I willno trapse backwards into the thread as I am responding backwards..

Cheerio..

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

What do you think I was asking for? A historical dramatic play?

I wanted it in his own words...

Where did he explain it, I willno trapse backwards into the thread as I am responding backwards..

Cheerio..

The Point

The Dream Part

Hoped I helped.

Awesome, this thread should be given some sort of award, a gold medal at least for the most rediculous thread ever! This site loses credibility with every thread such as this. I seldom use this term but i cannot help myself you my freind are a moron!

"Ignorance Detected"

......Processing Ignorance......

"Ignorance Denied"

Need anything else done for u kid?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I've thought very deeply about the subject "What Constitutes Reality?" and came to realize we may very well have two separate forms of existence at one time.

Our obvious is during our waking hours. That part is pretty self explanatory. The second is our dreaming thoughts and actions. I believe that we enter a form of existence where we are truly just energy (or maybe not energy exactly, but just "thoughts" for lack of a better term). I think in that form we are our true selves, and in that state we are communicating with the "center of all thought". I won't use the term God, because I don't believe along those lines, but something very akin to that concept.

I think this is how some people are able to predict future events; they know because they have already seen from the source of knowledge. Some people are even able to feel things such as the death of a loved one before anyone tells them about it.

What had initially made me think about this kind of things was an experience I had a few years back. I had just watched the movie The Matrix, and was trying to bend the spoon... it didn't work
, but I didn't think it really would. About a week latter I was laying in my bed, and suddenly felt like I was being bent by something, then felt very light. I looked up, and the ceiling in my room looked like it was being sucked into a very small point... but the edges were holding to the edge of the room, stretched kind of. I thought I might have been having some physical problem, like low iron or blood sugar, so I got up and got a glass of juice and felt fine... at which point I knew I was not dreaming. When I went back into my bedroom, my ceiling was still stretched out!

I don't get scared about oddities, so I stood on a chair to feel the ceiling... then it suddenly snapped back like I wasn't suppose to have seen it stretched out. Like I had glimpsed a mistake in our world. I didn't think much of it at the time, and thought maybe i had simply been hallucinating. Looking back on it, I think I really may have seen a glimpse into this weird black-hole projection that you are talking about.

Felt like I had to let you know about this. I tried to recreate the situation a few times, but have never once seen anything like that again. I wish I could will it to happen... but that just does not happen, sadly.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

We've already done work which show that by observing atoms, we change the way they behave.

(badw0lf snips extra quote - not needed for reply)

Oh god Keeper, why did you do that... oO

It has NOTHING to do with observation at all, but the way we determine it

How can you tell how hot an oven is? With a thermometer. Now think about it, that thermometer affects that ovens heat, oh so microscopically by absorbing some of the energy that it's not worth mentioning in a real world experiment.

But now take the same logic to the level of photons and even the quantum level - you cannot get away with affecting something so minuscule, in order to measure it without affecting it and changing it's behaviour.

Observation does not affect outcome - the tools of observation do.

edit on 25/1/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

I have no idea who you are posting to, but learn to quote properly and attribute your replies properly.

And if you're calling me 'kid' then you better be over 60 son.

edit on 25/1/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join