It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Islam - The Biggest Threat to your Freedoms

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Scan; log; save_login

Be aware, you are in the red list.

Be very careful about what you are posting on the internet.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

No, actually I think you are the one trolling here, either that or you are about 14 with no concept of the real world. Have you any idea what life is like in an Islamic state if you fall foul of the rules?

Totally OT but your username says it all, assuming it's referring to the mentally unstable woman who randomly decided to throw someone's cat in a wheelie bin.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminati_2012
Scan; log; save_login

Be aware, you are in the red list.

Be very careful about what you are posting on the internet.

Sorry what? Who and what are you referring to?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now

No, actually I think you are the one trolling here, either that or you are about 14 with no concept of the real world. Have you any idea what life is like in an Islamic state if you fall foul of the rules?

Totally OT but your username says it all, assuming it's referring to the mentally unstable woman who randomly decided to throw someone's cat in a wheelie bin.

You trolling about a religion! You just can't stand to hear people who say no to bigotry. You have to admit you have the viewpoint of a religious bigot.

As for my nick, that makes a jovial take on the behaviour of a middle aged woman, has absolutely no bearing on the discussion.

Once again you have no right to make unfounded allegations about people's faith, so you can take what your selling and keep it to yourself.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Also 2006 is almost five years ago. For the British who like beyond cliche's of warm beer and the crack of ball on willow the issue of britishness is difficult.

It is well known in many social disciplines that how the questions is framed in a survey or questionnaire is very important. I want to know who respects british law. That is the critical question not something as numinous as "being British". I find the hidden agenda of the Pew organisation is significant.

There was a big paper published buy the Runnymede trust that was a nine-day wonder in the late 90 or 2001 that went intothis issue of britishnes but this was not really taken up by the media.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

All it boils down to is religion, I am not religious, I respect those that are, but I find it hard to believe I could be killed over some belief, that is why this species will never see beyond their planet, too many idiots running hating because of differences in nationality or religion.

I think most of the hate comes from white people and Christians, let's face neither has had a good history with tolerance. Religion is meaningless, life is about living and helping others, I doubt everyone is as illogical as you may think

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

No I don't think so. Religious persecution is what Christians do but not Muslims. Can you say H O L O C A U S T? A purely Christian endeavor and what about the very Christian Inquisition and the cross carrying Conquistadors? There is also the Christian Xe mercenaries that engage in homosexual bonding and child rape?

LOL You don't like it when people criticise islam yet you just did it to christianity and all christians

Imagine if someone made a comment about muslim peadophille gangs you wouldn't like that and would scream bigot yet you made the claim about christians So that would make you a bigot

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
how people come into this thread claiming racism is beyond my comprehension. people are so soft, so sensitive to PC issues, it's sickening. regardless of there being plenty of propaganda out there, you cant sit here and watch those videos, watch those muslims protesting, calling for death to the west, calls for jihad, in WESTERN COUNTRIES, and claim that there is not a problem going on here. yes, there are racist people out there but this isn't racism.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It pains me to see Muslims in the UK acting this way, the UK is being over run by extremists that just want to push their religious views on others.

I will never be a Muslim and no amount of drivel about Mohammed, or whatever is going to change it.

As for burning of the poppy, I had a discussion a while ago about this and I wonder if it would be ok for me to stand in the middle of Birmingham and set fire to a quran?

Do you think the police will hold the Muslims back? Do you think people will respect my right to free speech and leave me alone?

No, I think i'd get my head kicked in and the Police wouldn't care one bit.

If they want to live in the 7th century thats fine, but I don't wanna be dragged there.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

One law just and fair for all.
And that should include the prosecution of the bankers and corrupt politicians who have supported them.

Why do people insist on deflecting from the topic under dscussion, what relevance has The Holocaust, mercenaries, child rape and corrupt and incompetent bankers and politicians got to do with radical Islamists and anypossible threat they may or may not pose?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RisingForce

LOL You don't like it when people criticise islam yet you just did it to christianity and all christians

Imagine if someone made a comment about muslim peadophille gangs you wouldn't like that and would scream bigot yet you made the claim about christians So that would make you a bigot

Reading comprehension is not one of your strong points. As you can see, my response was in reaction to the one sided allegations being made against one religion. I pointed out the historical and self evident proof that Islam is less violent than Christianity.

What you object to is someone defending Muslims. You just want the traffic to go one way like a natural bully.

Deep down I think you know the truth that you are on the side of the haters.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Great post. I starred you for it. Just one point it was British Guiana Trust me I know.

To al the others contributors

Now people talk about the need for moderate moslems to step up. How do you know they do not step up? The UK has a Sunday morning discussion that often has member of the moslem council putting forward the Anti -fundamentalist position. But what do you want moslems to do? Shall they form a possee and round up the fundamentallists and put them in Chockey???

I did here that the Luton moscques threw out the Swedish car bomber but the bombing made it news worthy.

Do you know there is a thread here on ATS about snitching/ and the number of british AYS people who would not snitch on criminals are significant. So why expect moslems to be the police force. Even if they are how would anyone know? I don't know what happens in my village much less the county??

Get real

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

But the reality is that today, in the here and now and not 70 or 200 or a thousand years ago, radical and extremist Islam poses more of a threat than Christianity and the other major religions or belief systems.

That's not excusing or dismissing the events of yesterday, but we must learn from them, not allow them to be repeated and move forward.

I assure you if any radical interpretation of biblical teachings and laws were posing as much a threat I would be equally as opposed and active in trying to prevent it's spread.
But it isn't, at least not here in the UK.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady

Originally posted by destination now

You trolling about a religion! You just can't stand to hear people who say no to bigotry. You have to admit you have the viewpoint of a religious bigot.

As for my nick, that makes a jovial take on the behaviour of a middle aged woman, has absolutely no bearing on the discussion.

Once again you have no right to make unfounded allegations about people's faith, so you can take what your selling and keep it to yourself.

There is nothing jovial about a mentally disturbed woman who perpetrated an act of extreme cruelty on a defenceless animal...

And I have not made one allegation about people's faith, I am simply stating facts about the punishments meted out under sharia law - you cannot dispute that. And I'm not trolling, and I am not a bigot, just because I don't believe that a woman should be stoned for being in the company of a man who is not her husband or a relative or that a thief should have their hand cut off. Extreme Islam is in fact one of the most intolerant bigoted religions there are and I do not want to live in a country that utlises these punishments. yes, non-muslims are exempt this now, but if the labour justice minister did get his wish, it would not be long until we were living in an islamic state. And you have not yet answered my question. Would you like to live under Sharia law in an islamic state?

And I personally do not condone any religion, they all cause problems...
edit on 18-1-2011 by destination now because: fix mistake and add a bit

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

So it's acceptable for you to attack an entire religion in retaliation even though there probably isn't many christians in this thread . so why did you pick on christianity any particular reasons ? btw your post was probably the most bigoted one in this thread and i'm sure most people will agree.

Most Israelis Approve Racist Rabbis. Seem familiar ? You started the thread .Demonising almost all israelis now are we with your propaganda ?. oh dear mr nazi.
edit on 18-1-2011 by RisingForce because: .

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i hope you know the EDL have a Jewish Division.
The EDL also have a Gay Division.

So the whole Nazi argument doesnt really work

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

The few who do vocally oppose the extremists are constantly pushed to the forefront by MSM and portrayed as the voice of the moderate Muslims, but they are relatively few in numbers.

That is by no means an attempt to belittle them as they are incredibly brave, proud and honourable people who deserve our utmost respect and support as they face the real danger of fierce and violent reprisals from within their own communities.

In the 70's and 80's mass demonstrations by the people of this country took place stating categorically that we were not prepared to accept institutionalised racism anymore.
This forced change within our society.
No, it didn't happen over night but now racists are quite rightly so in the minority and are vilified by society.
Muslims must be prepared to do the same within their own communities then they will have the admiration and whole hearted support of the British people.
edit on 18/1/11 by Freeborn because: damn keyboard

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RisingForce

I really do think this poster is just trying to wind people up, surely that amount of hypocrisy and ignorance cannot truly be evident in one person...perhaps we shouldn't take the bait and we can all move on with a sensible, adult debate

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
How many Islamic people are on the board of the Federal Reserve that is driving America into the ground?

How many Islamic's own or control what comes out of the American Media that is continually pushing this bogus war on terror? AIPAC is the largest lobby in the country. If you want a great career in politics you must bow to their needs. Is this an Islamic group???

Were islamics behind the Patriot ACT? (chertoff?) What about the Internet Kill switch? Islamics? (liebermann?)

So yes maybe Radical Islam is a threat, but I think Radical Jewry is a threat a little closer to home.
edit on 18-1-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join