It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pete King bill would ban guns within 1,000 feet of lawmakers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback
What about the rest of us? There should be a law banning congress from stand within 1000 ft of a person with a gun.

Thanks for the laugh!!! These puppets in the District of Criminals think they own you and me. They'll attempt to pass some draconian BS and will attempt to placate the MSM. At the end of the day they know there are some of us who don't give a damn about their saber rattling and just watch, listen and chuckle.

I have no firearm that has taken human life but that is because none has been required for self defense. Should any be required for self defense, that number will change. Leave me alone and I'll do the same. Send a team to my home to "enforce" anything and BOOM......front page of Drudge.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Wow we have reaced a new level of asinine IMHO

I doubt highly that any wacko with intent to do harm will simply pause and think about it because some law says he cannot have a gun near an elected official. Let me see......... Im going to commit first degree murder but do i really want that felony gun possesion conviction????? :shk:

Talk about politcal grandstanding and pandering :shk:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

i agree with you 100%!
americans should start training everyone!
everyone in america joins the military already anyway..
bring back the wilwild west!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It was only a matter of time really before the stupidity started. Nothing like a few gun related deaths to give lawmakers with a control fetish a raging boner over all of the gun / people controlling laws they could introduce and capitalise off of the fanfare and debate currently going on.

It's already illegal to use self defence in most situations, the world will soon have no control over anything. Welcome to the NWO even if it's not going to be called that.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Who do these people think they are? Remember when presidents used to throw open the doors to the white house and the people would walk in? Remember back before Pennsylvania ave was basically blockaded? When I was a kid, you could walk right into the capitol building, now? These politicians should be required to walk the streets of their constituents home towns. Maybe concern over being killed would make them think twice over making stupid laws

I also agree with training and issuing weapons(military grade) to every US citizen, barring only violent felons and the mentally ill.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This law is just reactonary at best. It does nothing to actually curb violence but it does make the elected officials look like they are tough on crime to the masses by coming up with something, anything, just as long as they come up with something to appease the sheeple of the country. In reality, if somebody wanted to kill an elected official bad enough to ACTUALLY put some plans in motion, they would still try their butts off to do so. Having a law that keeps law abiding citizens 1000 ft away from lawmakers will not do anything to stop the ones that are mentally duranged enough to actually go thru with something as horrible as this shooting in Arizona.

These lawmakers treat the citizens like they are babies instead of adults. Something bad happens and instead of realizing that bad things happen in life they just try to throw a "band-aid" on it even if the scratch isnt that bad. Yes, this shooting in Arizona is horrible. Yes, the shooter obviously had many problems. There are allready laws against murder, mentally ill people from owning guns, threatening public officials with violence and yet NONE of these laws did ANYTHING to actually stop the shooting. Im not saying that the above laws should be repealed for any reason, Im just making the arguement that there are allready laws with more severe punishments then the one in question and yet they dont stop bad things from happening.

The only thing this law will accomplish is putting the regular joe blow who is just walking down the street while carrying a gun to protect himself and unknowingly walks into this 1000ft zone, behind bars.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Folks this is thier MO. this is how they operate. They will never come out and try and ban them outright. They just keep nickel and dime it to death. Stupid laws like this can never stop some nut job from shooting someone and they know it this is purely aimed at keeping law abiding citizens from having weapons on them as much as possible.

This is how the banned guns in England and Australia and this is how they plan to do it here but it is not as easy here because of our freedom and pro self defense history. I doubt this will fly with the new congress but I am not holding my breath.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Statistically this law would result in many more politician deaths.

It wasn't until after schools became "gun free" that we started seeing school shootings.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
With King being a *conservative* this could be a political ploy on his part to make him look politically *responsibile*.. I think it makes him look like a political idiot. I hope he does not believe this will actually stop the actions of a crazy mad man. Is he that stupid? What if that mad man didn't use a gun but instead used a bomb Timothy Mcveigh style?
Will that make them feel better 100 people die instead of 6?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
*Calling all snipers*

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
So if you own a gun and a lawmaker buys a home within 1000 feet you have to give up your guns.

Does that mean lawmakers have to stay over 1000 feet from gun stores

And does that mean lawmakers can no longer go hunting with friends.(this should apply to Dick Cheney)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

I have to ask, what's with the "sniper" comments?

Do they mean to imply that a magic barrier or 1,000 yards will somehow make transport of a firearm beyond the arbitrary barrier physically impossible?

Are the "sniper" comments meant to actually give some functional integrity to King's bill or are they just because people think sniping is "cool" like pirates or ninjas?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterCrowley
With King being a *conservative* this could be a political ploy on his part to make him look politically *responsibile*.

Unlikely. His record has long been one of an anti-gun rights politician. This legislation just reflects what he is. There are a few of them in the Republican party, particularly in liberal states like NY. Likewise, you'll find a few pro-gun Dems in rural states and districts.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

They mean to imply, that 1000 feet - or 333 yards - is nowhere near sufficient to prevent a half decent sniper from hitting someone.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Reply to post by TheWill

Sure it's not. But why does it matter? Kings bill isn't sufficient enough to prevent anyone from walking up to a targets face and shooting it point blank.

Before the bill or after the bill either action is just as easy or difficult as they ever were.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Then who ever lives in Kings district, I would hope they vote this bum out.. This guy comes off as a coward.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

While you are correct on both ends, my sniper comment is based on the *1,000ft* BS.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterCrowley

Hum...The news story does not address if gaurds and cops would be under this law as well. I think that ATS needs to come up with a knee jerk reaction emote for stuff like this.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterCrowley

While you are correct on both ends, my sniper comment is based on the *1,000ft* BS.

See that's the progression Nobody NEEDs any:,evil "saturday night specials"; "evil black assault rifles"...nasty high power centerfire "Sniper" weapons( remington model 700 ;ruger and browing bolt action hunting rifles.) coming soon
devastating "terror weapon" shotguns( remington 870 /1100 mosberg 500) .
edit on 11-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Oh I see what your getting at. The old chip away, little by little you chip away, until the *hidden agenda* is a success (out-right gun ban).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join