It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look inside the mind of erad3 (most-likely Jared Loughner)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Some folks are just nuts (or just lose it)....it doesn't matter what games they played, what movies they watched, what sports they were into, what political party they belonged to, what websites they went to, what color their eyes are, if mommy and daddy loved them as a kid, etc., etc.

Nuts is nuts...and that's what happened. Not like it's the first time, and won't be the last time someone goes nutball and starts shooting others.

It seems there were signs, but apparently, either the people around him didn't see them, or he didn't have enough people around him to suggest getting the guy some help...
edit on 11-1-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

wow!

this attitude and judgement coming from a mod or 'super mod' shocks me.

'some folks are just nuts' . thats quite a statement.

you are echoing a lot of what is being said at the moment so you must be right.

lets not worry about anything like mental illness.

lets not worry that we are all responsible for the society we create and the actions of those within it.

after all 'Jared' acted the way he did because he was 'just nuts'. case closed. it has nothing to do with the society we have created now. its not as if people are shooting each other every other day at the minute and suicides are going through the roof. everything is running smoothly. nothing to worry about here.

doesn't anybody else see soceity bears some responsiblity when an absolute tragedy like this occurs?

so many experts on here. he was just a 'nut job'

can't believe mods throwing in comments like this now too. like I said earlier ATS should have stayed respectfully silent on this matter

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Agreed...ATS I'm also not looking to hear an echo from mainstream media here from the super mods. Thanks above poster, Great Point, Society is also to blame.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by MMPI2

Triple wrong. He was a registered independent...

Loughner registered to vote on Sept. 29, 2006, identifying himself as an independent. Records show he voted in the 2006 and 2008 elections but is current listed as "inactive" on the state's voter roles -- meaning that he did not vote in November.

The political affiliations of Loughner, who is being charged by state and federal authorities with the shooting of Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D) as well as 19 other victims outside a Tucson grocery store on Saturday, have become the subject of a white-hot partisan debate in recent days.

In the immediate aftermath of the shooting, liberals sought to paint Loughner as an anti-government, tea party conservative. Conservatives retorted that Loughner lacked anything close to a coherent political philosophy -- a case strengthened by subsequent glimpses into his personal life that suggests someone struggling with mental illness.
atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...

Just because some class mate categorized him as a "left-wing pothead", doesn't make is so. That classmate probably wouldn't know a "left-wing pothead" if one bit him on the @ss. You've read his writings, do you think by talking to him you could get any idea of what he is even saying, much less his political leanings? I thought left wingers were against guns? Doesn't seem to be the case here. And why would a democrat, shoot a democratic congress woman? He doesn't fit the right wing mold either, since by reading his posts, he isn't religious. I'm so sick of this need so many have to categorize EVERYBODY as either right, or left wing, most real people lean different ways on different issues depending on their life experiences.
edit on 11-1-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

How many different ways do you have to be proven wrong, dude?

1) A person who knew him personally identified Loughner as aligned with the "left wing";
2) His family has been identified as being strongly aligned with the Pima county democrat party;
3) He frequented democrat/Gifford's political rallies, and;
4) He corresponded with her office, as evidenced by him being in possession of letters from her people.

Dismissing an eyewitness to his political and philosophical affiliations as "probably wouldn't know a "left-wing pothead" if one bit him on the @ss" is disingenuous and a denial of obvious reality. She KNEW HIM and was exposed to his social / political beliefs and the actions that were perpetuated by those beliefs.

Regarding Loughner's writings, they use the same fallacial logic and twisted problem-solving as many "progressives" I know do when they try to argue a point that denies obvious reality.

Look, I stand in opposition to the "left/right" paradigm as much as the next person, but denying an obvious truth - that Loughner identified and sought to associate with democrats, and evidences some of the thought processes common to the hard-core "progressive" mindset - does nothing to help expose the dialectic lies.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

While i agree that confidentiality is important to members and in websites in general i will say this:

If you got nothing to hide you got nothing to hide.

Now there is also the matter that this is a very special case and does not reflect ATS usual precedure and also its not so black and white as to see one case then all cases will be the same. Besides the webiste is run by human beings that have the ability to choose what they give up in detail and what they don't, So take heed and try not so be mellodramatic.

There's many worse sites that would give up details no matter what the reason.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

IMO, It doesn't matter what party he was, He lost it... I believe the FBI is going to try to cover up as much as possible, take more of our rights... Say more of what we can and can't do... Lose/Lose for the common citizen. Win/Win 4 TPTB.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Proven wrong? You said he was a democrat, and said I was wrong when I said he was a registered independent. I proved that he was in fact a registered independent, on paper, and you still say I'm wrong, and that he's a democrat, and cite a classmate, and political leanings of his family as your proof? Okay. So, ones political leanings automatically align with that of people in their families? I wasn't aware of that. And again, he could have been left leaning on some issues, as we all are, that doesn't mean he leans one way or the other in general. Also, I was under the impression he didn't talk much to his classmates, he either blurted out random angry stuff, or was dead quiet, which was why they were all scared of him. Also, he was stalking that congress woman, perhaps he has some kind of non-political infatuation with her?
edit on 11-1-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
If you rearrange erade it spells 3ared.

That's Jared spelled with a 3.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by MMPI2

Proven wrong? You said he was a democrat, and said I was wrong when I said he was a registered independent. I proved that he was in fact a registered independent, on paper, and you still say I'm wrong, and that he's a democrat, and cite a classmate, and political leanings of his family as your proof? Okay. So, ones political leanings automatically align with that of people in their families? I wasn't aware of that. And again, he could have been left leaning on some issues, as we all are, that doesn't mean he leans one way or the other in general. Also, I was under the impression he didn't talk much to his classmates, he either blurted out random angry stuff, or was dead quiet, which was why they were all scared of him.

Sorry, pal. Kindly, you need to go do some more reading - and thinking.

If I write on a piece of paper that I am Santa Claus and can magically float down chimneys, does that make it true?

Actions will always speak louder than words...especially words written in most likely a perfunctory manner on a standardized government form. Loughner acted, thought and spoke like a democrat according to a woman who knew him. His family is a democrat family. He corresponded on paper and in person somewhat frequently with a democratic representative and saved the return correspondence from her office.

These actions speak much louder than him scribbling a few meaningless words on a piece of paper.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Who care's what party he was, Left - Right - Neither... Either way he murdered innocent people, and I wish the left and right would just come together, but that's just wishful thinking.

The left \ right paradigm is perfect for the ignorant.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by shambles84
reply to post by InTheShadows

john lennon was shot and killed by mark chapman

THANK YOU!!!!

Something was telling me this morning that I got the name wrong. John Hinckley was Ronald Reagen now that I think about it.

It was one of those things where the word was right at the tip of your tongue but you just.......can't ........quite .......get at it.

Exasperating

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
Sorry, pal. Kindly, you need to go do some more reading - and thinking.

Don't call me pal, buddy.
(Southpark reference)

Actions will always speak louder than words...especially words written in most likely a perfunctory manner on a standardized government form.

Right, and we know how those leftist liberal potheads love guns and gun violence.

Loughner acted, thought and spoke like a democrat according to a woman who knew him.

Up until he broke out a Glock and started blasting.

His family is a democrat family.

A democrat family? Again, I didn't know that political affiliation was passed through genes...

He corresponded on paper and in person somewhat frequently with a democratic representative and saved the return correspondence from her office.

I would be interested to read those correspondences. Again, I suspect that he had an unhealthy infatuation with the congress woman, and we all know that those kinds of infatuations often end just like this one when the person is as unhinged as this guy. That would make ALL of this political tripe meaningless.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

7 minutes of this guy wearing a garbage bag for pants and a paper smiley face mask as he slowly destroys a flag.
edit on 11-1-2011 by aceto because: embedded video

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by aceto

Really cryptic video, Who knows what he really was trying to convey... Death to the USA? or maybe the USA is dead... who knows but him.
edit on 11-1-2011 by yourblank101 because: blah

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

lets not worry that we are all responsible for the society we create and the actions of those within it.

doesn't anybody else see soceity bears some responsiblity when an absolute tragedy like this occurs?

Yes some folks are just nuts.

You want to blame society, but we all live in the same society and aren't killing people.

Often in these situations many want to assign blame, when there isn't one thing that caused it, other than the person's brain or lack of emotional control.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourblank101
reply to post by aceto

Really cryptic video, Who knows what he really was trying to convey... Death to the USA?
Hope you know that's not Jared Loughner. It was in his favourites though.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by fusionhunter

O really I didn't know that, thanks for sharing. Did you know that video was linked to gifford's YT page... I thought that was quite odd as it is now removed. I'd start a thread but, I'm under 20 posts.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

reply to post by MMPI2

Who care's what party he was, Left - Right - Neither... Either way he murdered innocent people, and I wish the left and right would just come together, but that's just wishful thinking.

The left \ right paradigm is perfect for the ignorant.

It makes a difference.

You will note that he was first identified with the "right wingers" by the Pima county sheriff, who was trying to cover his own incompetence for playing politics when he should have been investigating what kind of threat this guy was a year ago.

Instead, he soft-pedaled the investigation and took a lassiez faire attitude because he was cozy with Loughner's mom.

Then, you had the usual democrat suspects (i.e., Brian Williams on NBC: Paul Krugman in the NY Times) begin to publicly demonize anybody who is not affiliated with progressive party beliefs.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the dialectical strategy is played out, TPTB like the sheriff and Williams and Krugman will lie and state that because Loughner was aligned with the "tea party" or had republican political leanings, they are justified in squashing even more civil liberties, especially those of their political opponents.

The funky part here is that the "narrative" these professional liars tried to create was the absolute obverse of the truth. Loughner is a democrat - or at the very least he identified heavily with the democrat / progressive party. Furthermore, the truth here shines a very bright light on the failed tactics of a poorly conceived psychological operation designed to smear political opposition.

Like Obama's and Clinton's boy Rham Emmanuel is quoted in print as saying, "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

reply to post by fusionhunter

O really I didn't know that, thanks for sharing. Did you know that video was linked to gifford's YT page... I thought that was quite odd as it is now removed. I'd start a thread but, I'm under 20 posts.
Something I have noticed is that the video of the flag burning uses the same kind of writing style Jared used.
He would
kinda something write
like this.
Short sentences
Then hit the Return (bad example I know lol)

This is from the video he favourited. Could be a simple coincidence.

If there's no flag in the constitution then the flag in the film is unknown.
There's no flag in the constitution.
Therefore, the flag in the film is unknown.
Burn every new and old flag that you see.
Burn your flag!
I bet you can imagine this in your mind with a faster speed.
Watch this protest in reverse!
Ask the local police; "What's your illegal activity on duty?".
If you protest the government then there's a new government from protesting.
There's not a new government from protesting.
Thus, you aren't protesting the government.
There's something important in this video: There's no communication to anyone in this location.
You shouldn't be afraid of the stars.
There's a new bird on my right shoulder. The beak is two feet and lime green. The rarest bird on earth, there's no feathers, but small grey scales all over the body. It's with one large red eye with a light blue iris. The bird feet are the same as a woodpecker. This new bird and there's only one, the gender is not female or male. The wings of this bird are beautiful; 3 feet wide with the shape of a bald eagle that you could die for. If you can see this bird then you will understand. You think this bird is able to chat about a government?
I want you to imagine a comet or meteoroid coming through the atmosphere.
On the other hand, welcome yourself to the desert: Maybe your ability to protest is from the brainwash of the current government structure.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by Gazrok
Some folks are just nuts (or just lose it)....it doesn't matter what games they played, what movies they watched, what sports they were into, what political party they belonged to, what websites they went to, what color their eyes are, if mommy and daddy loved them as a kid, etc., etc.

Nuts is nuts...and that's what happened. Not like it's the first time, and won't be the last time someone goes nutball and starts shooting others.

It seems there were signs, but apparently, either the people around him didn't see them, or he didn't have enough people around him to suggest getting the guy some help...
edit on 11-1-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

wow!

this attitude and judgement coming from a mod or 'super mod' shocks me.

you are echoing a lot of what is being said at the moment so you must be right.

lets not worry about anything like mental illness.

after all 'Jared' acted the way he did because he was 'just nuts'. case closed. it has nothing to do with the society we have created now. its not as if people are shooting each other every other day at the minute and suicides are going through the roof. everything is running smoothly. nothing to worry about here.

so many experts on here. he was just a 'nut job'

can't believe mods throwing in comments like this now too. like I said earlier ATS should have stayed respectfully silent on this matter

i]reply to post by JohnySeagull

Please explain how society is responsible for the actions of a free willed individual?
With the different idealogical views of Man worldwide which do you imagine the United States beholden and exactly who enforced that verdict?

Those with the belief of not putting the welfare of another above their own would tend to disagree with your misguided Altruistic Utopian fantasy.Our current Government has evolved using Altruism to enslave its citizens with taxation and the loss of liberty and freedom.This tragedy that has occurred is already being set upon by certain Legislators to be used for that very fact in the form of new gun control and hate speech bills.

True Altruistic acts are extremely rare, and may never occur in the lives of the majority of people. Yet, we are quick to describe a number of our acts as altruistic, as soon as we can attach a label of nobility to them.If you think about it, only in exceptional instances where a person risks his or her own well-being for another -- such as when someone runs into a burning house to save the life of a trapped child, or subdues a mentally unstable murderer shooting people can we really say an Altruistic act has actually happened.Even then ultimately could those acts of courage have been done for our enlightened self-interest, because, once confronted with the disaster and the need, any decent human being knows how much and long their conscience would bother them if they wouldn't do anything about it?

I believe a little Enlightened Egoism is in need for the citizens of America to take responsibility for their own individual needs instead of relying upon the nanny state to fend for them!Ahhh well I may be starting to get off topic here so let me toss my main point out to you JohnnySeagull.

We have only two sources of information about the character of the people around us: we judge them by what they do and by what they say. I feel confident that after researching this Jared Lee Loughner fellow. Reading his posts, watching his You-Tube videos and knowing his acts of murder...I have to agree with the moderators conclusion of this man being a whacko.A nutcase.Evil deeds committed by an evil man.I will tell you right now that I, as a member of American society feel absolutely no responsibility in regards to this individuals actions and as such should bare absolutely no repercussions from this tragic event upon my own personal liberties or freedom by our Government.It really is just that simple.

edit on 11-1-2011 by TexasChem because: Adding quote

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

I know it makes a difference, but for all the wrong reasons. Both parties are at fault, not just one or the other. Politicians afraid for their life, O gee.. Is that a call for marshal law? That's what it sounds like to me, would be a nice psy-op job if this ushered marshal law in. I mean we are just 2 skips and a jump away.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join