It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look inside the mind of erad3 (most-likely Jared Loughner)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
First of all, I've seen no mention of the time frame that his posts and threads were in. This "person" was only active for a few months last year, with July being the most active time frame. This is roughly the same period that his classmates at Pima Community College expressed that they were actually fearful being in the same classroom with him. One student said she sat close to the door simply because he was in the room with her, and the teacher said that he made a conscious effort not to keep his back turned to him for too long. School administrators were made aware of the staff and student concerns, but they said basically that they couldn't expel him if he didn't do any physical harm to anyone or had made any threats.

He had the same effect on people at PCC as he did on some people here at ATS. He gave us all the willy's. The difference is that the people in Tuscon had to deal with him personally. We did not. Who's to say that the person posting as erad3 was doing so as an elaborate attempt to simply come across as nuts? And it worked. (Don't scoff, this is a conspiracy site after all, I had to throw that out there).

My point is this. I've been a contributing member here for going on 4 years under 2 usernames, Taupin Desciple and my current one. I've been a resident of Arizona for as long as this kid has been alive. Literally. I don't live in Tuscon, I'm about 4 hours north, but I have friends that do I can tell you from personal experience that this "person" represents ATS about as much as he represents the state of Arizona.

I personally believe that ATS owes no one an apology whatsoever. If anyone owes the public an apology it's the parents who, by accounts from their neighbors, were shut ins who never really responded to people who waved or said hi. They raised him from birth and he still lived with them.

We all see and hear things like this go on. We all know the telltale signs by now. We all hem and haw about how things need to change. How new laws need to be enacted to stop people like this in their tracks before they do something like this. But nothing has changed. John Hinckley killed John Lennon 21 years ago, and people like him are still doing the same thing. Killing innocent people. You know why I think nothing is being done? Because for all our talk and rhetoric, we know that for any substantial change to occur that would keep people like this out of society, it would take a massive infringement upon all peoples' basic human rights by "mentally profiling" people, and we just don't have the guts to go through with it.

So until the time comes that we do, we'll have to keep up the candlelight vigils for prominent people and funerals for innocent 9 year olds. We can't control that mentally disturbed people are alive. It happens. What we can control is whether they walk among the sane people with an itchy trigger finger.

It's up to us.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

What mind? I think he should've called himself eroded cause that's what his mind was, and even reading just two of his posts I felt like it eroded my mind!

edit on 10-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: clarification

You could be making fun of a victim of a mad-psychiatrist with a sinister plot to assassinate a bunch of folks.

There could be bigger criminals behind this. We don't know, and honestly, probably will NEVER find out and it will always be debated....

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You have a point. But you should read the other thread those two posts he made which is linked in the "Secret's out" thread and they're more like ramblings instead of posts. Weird.
edit on 10-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: missed an "e"

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

This is a good move on your part ATS

Hopefully it is will aid the media in whatever it is they are in search of.
PEACE

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by muzzleflash

You have a point. But you should read the other thread those two posts he made which is linked in the "Secret's out" thread and they're more like ramblings instead of posts. Weird.
edit on 10-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: missed an "e"

That's why I am so curious. His mindset seems just like he had been wiped and then these odd true-false things were force fed to him. And yet they are totally illogical. This is how they make him "look crazy". Then they let him go around in the real world for months, and leave a trail of craziness. They could pick him up every week or so to check on him, and maybe wipe him again and start over.

The things he said are in some respects so illogical, and he refuses to acknowledge specific relevant points, it is just like he is force fed and brain washed.

I am not trying to shift blame off the kid I just think if there are bigger fish to fry lets get them in the pan too plz. Thanks. Toss em all in the electric chair be my guest, just make sure you nab them all before you call it case closed.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
He was not an integral part of our community.

This is what the media and everyone else needs to know. This Erad3 fellow, if it is indeed the Jared in the news, had no connections to ATS other then a few incoherent posts about NASA and his belief that everything they do (and did) was a hoax.

From what I've read so far, he just seemed like a person who couldn't communicate for some reason via writing. And I have the strong feeling that he wasn't the best communicator in the "real world" as well.

ATS isn't a bunch of weirdo's sitting inside a bunker while wearing a aluminum hat and suit. We're your next door neighbors. We're your co-workers, your boss. I'm sure you might even have a friend (or a friend of a friend) who frequents ATS. We range from various backgrounds, areas and beliefs and to sweep us all under the same rug as this Erad3 (Jared) fellow is as wrong as any form of generalization.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheShadows

So until the time comes that we do, we'll have to keep up the candlelight vigils for prominent people and funerals for innocent 9 year olds. We can't control that mentally disturbed people are alive. It happens. What we can control is whether they walk among the sane people with an itchy trigger finger.

It's up to us.

How about you listen to what the father of that 9 year old girl has to say?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I noticed the kook was influenced by the UN in his post to the thread entitled "Employment Ideas, outside the box." In the spirit of the media hysteria demonizing Sarah Palin and the Tea Party for making the crazy man commi his crime and in the "logic" of the crazy man himself: does this mean we must ban the dangerous words and ideas of the UN from the US? I think it does.

The crazy man quoted the UN.
Therefore, the UN drove the crazy man to murder.
Therefore the UN is a murderer.

Jared quotes the UN.
Obama quotes the UN.
Therefore, Obama is a crazy man who is responsible for inciting all murders.
Therefore Obama is a murderer.

Jared quotes the UN.
Both political parties serve the demands and purposes of the UN
Therefore both political parties are crazy men and women
Therefore both political parties are murderers.

Jared quotes the UN
The Corporate media quotes the UN
The Corporate media are therefore crazy men and women
Therefore, the Corporate media are murderers.

I think I have the spirit of today's total political and social crazy down pat! It is obvious that in order to be safe we must ban the UN, the President, Congress and the Corporate media before they murder us all. This is sarcasm for the humorly challenged.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
To be honest (not that anyone cares, but I'll tell ya' anyways) .. the fact that this has happened AGAIN here is making me rethink my posting habits. Now if anything happens to me IRL (in real life) and it is said that I've been here for years ... the same site that TWO murderers have been ... it wouldn't go over well. Anyways, this is what is on my mind today. Not sure what I'm going to do about it ...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Just keep your lawyers on hand. I hope that further censorship does not come out of this. I am thinking that when you close down threads or censor a thread it has more to do with government regulations?
I wonder if this will cause more internet restrictions?
edit on 10-1-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I am not changing anything! It is not my fault this happened nor is it ATS's in anyway shape or form. I am not going to let something bad someone else did restrict my life in anyway shape or form. I am a peaceful person so I am not worried.
edit on 10-1-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Look how fast people buy into it here.. Already we have more then a handful trying to make something valid out of this Laughner fellow, Thre is a handful of people attempting to make the rantings of a crazy man into logic, looking for "code" and screaming censorship at every corner when nothing has been pulled down (but the guys myspace page which happens with almost every case)

Anyway, some of you should take a bit of time to think about how you make this community and yourselves look.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

ATS can just say a simple statement on their show such as "there are rumors that Jared was a member of the ATS site we can not deny or confirm this at this point. Some posts have been under scrutiny but there is no way to know 100% that Jared Loughner was a member here. We like to give our members privacy."

It sounds very general but people who are on ATS know the truth.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongSeptember

Originally posted by InTheShadows

It's up to us.

How about you listen to what the father of that 9 year old girl has to say?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

Well with myself I like to try to make sense out of choas. That is just how I am. I just assume that people always have meaning to their words no matter what.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
People should also keep in mind that the hype, bs, and many things here on this site could have contributed to Laughner's break down and the innocent blood spilt this weekend. We live in a real world with real consiquence to our actions even our virtual ones. I would hope this makes a few of you take responsibility for those virtual actions.

Eh, the funny part is a few of you will be extremists and attack me for this post even. I have been attacked several times and called "disinfo agent" or had people acting like my theorys just not valid and i have no right to them ever since coming to this forum.

Odd huh, how people sit here and claim everyone is against them, they wont let these ideas be heard or seen when in reality the only people attempting to censor others are yourselves.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins

Look how fast people buy into it here.. Already we have more then a handful trying to make something valid out of this Laughner fellow, Thre is a handful of people attempting to make the rantings of a crazy man into logic, looking for "code" and screaming censorship at every corner when nothing has been pulled down (but the guys myspace page which happens with almost every case)

Anyway, some of you should take a bit of time to think about how you make this community and yourselves look.

What? No one is trying to make something valid of this killer, or err alleged killer, this guy murdered a child and men and women. I have no idea what your point is in your post in this thread. Some of you should take a bit of time to think about how we make this community look? I tend to think I try to make this community look sane, and down to earth. Also what are we buying into? I just do not understand what your constructing, in the enforcement of this madman's mind and not to mention his chaotic madness found itself on ats at one time.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123
reply to post by boondock-saint

I noticed the kook was influenced by the UN in his post to the thread entitled "Employment Ideas, outside the box." In the spirit of the media hysteria demonizing Sarah Palin and the Tea Party for making the crazy man commi his crime and in the "logic" of the crazy man himself: does this mean we must ban the dangerous words and ideas of the UN from the US? I think it does.

The crazy man quoted the UN.
Therefore, the UN drove the crazy man to murder.
Therefore the UN is a murderer.

Jared quotes the UN.
Obama quotes the UN.
Therefore, Obama is a crazy man who is responsible for inciting all murders.
Therefore Obama is a murderer.

Jared quotes the UN.
Both political parties serve the demands and purposes of the UN
Therefore both political parties are crazy men and women
Therefore both political parties are murderers.

Jared quotes the UN
The Corporate media quotes the UN
The Corporate media are therefore crazy men and women
Therefore, the Corporate media are murderers.

I think I have the spirit of today's total political and social crazy down pat! It is obvious that in order to be safe we must ban the UN, the President, Congress and the Corporate media before they murder us all. This is sarcasm for the humorly challenged.

You are awesome

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I read all of the posts, I re read them all and then I read them all again the next day.

One thing that kept cropping up in my mind seriously was that while it may have looked like the was at a loss for understanding English as a primary language, that was the furthest thing from the case. He wrote in almost a poetic manner, the lines almost sang as you read them aloud (no I'm not trying to make him out to be a nice guy or anything, just pointing out the depth in which the writings actually come across.)

He makes little to no sense on the first few reads, but if you forget the fact that it's written in broken out English and focus on reading it as if it were a song, lets say, it becomes easier to understand him. Someone above me said it, he saw everything in black and white, with no room for compromise or conjecture. I do however wonder what he was rambling on about currency for, if currency wasn't his way of meaning something else, what, at this time I can't even venture a guess, but it all does fit in together somehow, and it really, while showing a very complex individual, does not indicate that he was oing to go out and gun down 19 people in cold blood.

ATS owes the world at large no apologies, no explanations and no regrets, he joined the site as over 200K others have, he asked questions, he participated in discussion, and while he found no takers for his particular brand of writing, he seemed peaceful enough, certainly not anything that would have alerted staff or others to the horrible crime he has now been charged with. If ATS apologizes or tries to explain him, how long before your'e asked to explain everyone here?

Nothing any of us can say or do will change this tragedy, however we may collectively try to decipher what he had written in his 4 authored posts (2 of them are a lot easier to figure out) and maybe get an idea how someone so young could be filled with so much hate and anger as to commit this crime.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Delete
edit on 10-1-2011 by InterconnecteD because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join