It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look inside the mind of erad3 (most-likely Jared Loughner)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This is the real world folks, anyone hell bent on destroying others or harming them will do so no matter the actions of anyone to prevent them. Have a look around ATS if your new here you will see 99% are regular everyday people and a good majority of us disagree with one another at some point in time, but I can honestly say that just about any member here is willing and has helped many other member here from time to time and thats what needs to be stressed in situations like these. The good people of ATS not the few bad apples. With that being said I am totally happy and comfortable with my membership here and many thanks to all who contribute here weather I agree with you or not. And thanks staff for letting us know what is going on.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
He found no like minds here.

Does he have a friend here? In his friend's list? Because they are still looking for the accomplice/person of interest, a male about 40 years old I heard.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

Originally posted by AboveTopSecret.com
Especially since we're already being contacted by the media for comment and more information.

Have you been contacted by the authority yet? That's the real question.

I doubt the authorities need to contact anybody to get all the information they want out of this site. I am certain they realize the contact of the staff with the Loughner was restricted to this site. You might as well interrogate the ceo of google, after realizing he used google.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I have a question for the ATS Staff.

Are you folks aware of any other ATS
user accounts that he may have used
other than erad3?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Maybe arrange some sort of press conference, outlying many of the points here, and that this person wasn't in our community nor even supported in anyway.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Don't forget that there are people far more evil than Jared, people who want to kill 90% of the population. people who are poisoning the world. Do not forget that the elites are not our friends...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I think if you show the threads it will shed light on the resposes he got also. Like the one that someone told him he needed to get help. It will show how skeptical people on ATS are of one's views or beliefs. Most of the replies I have read try to reason with what he is saying. Damned if you do damned if you dont.

edit on 10-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
What inconvenient timing considering ATS has just launched a radio broadcast across the Southeast and Southwest. What better way to start of a new year and a new service than having the negativity that comes with a murderer being a former member, albeit not liked.

I can only hope that the knowledge of him being a member here is kept as low-key as possible. No need for publicity of that sort. I would expect a heavy amount of obnoxious callers flooding the lines.

edit on 1/10/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Thank you for answering the questions on everyone minds about this situation. If possible can we please have updates as this is probably going to be on our minds for a while.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

You might as well interrogate the ceo of google, after realizing he used google.

Exactly .

The guy was evidently in need of clinical help , regardless of where he had been , not just on ATS .

Anyone who supposes that ATS should have foresaw this tradegy , may as well also presume that the cab-driver who transported him to the scene should have foresaw it , and should therefore offer a public statement in this regard .
edit on 10-1-2011 by okbmd because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2011 by okbmd because: (no reason given)

+68 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
In the past couple of days the conversations regarding erad3 and his participation on ATS have been rather revealing ... as the membership struggles to rationalize this horrific event and its association with it, we seek to retroactively uncover clues that might have indicated to any of us that this person had this in him and what any of us might have done to prevent it. The truth is however that we simply can't. Erad3's participation was sporadic and scarce, was mostly cryptic in nature, and did no contain any 'red flag' statements. As such , whilst he might have been more imaginative than others in his expressions, there simply was no reason to suspect that he would embark in the course he eventually did.

This is in my humble opinion important to note because I fear that human nature is too react to strongly to extraordinary events and that some will now and going forward try to extrapolate other members' intentions when they observe them posting something that might seem 'off' or 'over the top' and make them immediately suspicious of anyone who posts ideas outside the conventional norm ... this would be a natural subconscious overcompensation driven by the helplessness borne out of not catching erad3's intentions, and wishing to reverse or counteract this feeling.

But as I pointed out on another thread, with a membership as large as ATS's all aspects of real life will sooner or later manifest ... if statistical history tells us anything is that in fact, for all the 'out of box' topics that are discussed here and all the alternative thoughts expressed, we as a community are in fact less likely to go off the deep end than society at large precisely because we choose to discuss and communicate in a respectful and civil manner topics which others might choose to remedy by their own hand. In this very real sense it proves that by and large, such communication diffuses the will to engage in extreme acts rather than fuel it.

Lastly, should any of the victims families and friends ever happen by our community, I am sure I speak for everyone when I say that all our hearts and prayers go out to you for your loss and suffering. We mourn with you and send you all our sympathy and love.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Nah dont do a press conference unless the authorities are putting pressure on you guys. You're better off not taking any action.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If you read through this persons posts you can clearly see there are issues. He starts with a statement then breaks it down into a question followed by another statement. It is as if he is trying to convince himself of what he is saying. His ramblings point directly at schizophrenia. Just from reading his postings I can clearly see that it's not a simple language barrier.

For those who don't understand the symptoms associated with schizophrenia I will post this snippet.

Schizophrenia (pronounced /ˌskɪtsɵˈfrɛniə/ or /ˌskɪtsɵˈfriːniə/) is a mental disorder characterized by a disintegration of the process of thinking and of emotional responsiveness.[1] It most commonly manifests as auditory hallucinations, paranoid or bizarre delusions, or disorganized speech and thinking, and it is accompanied by significant social or occupational dysfunction. The onset of symptoms typically occurs in young adulthood, with a global lifetime prevalence of around 0.3–0.7%.[2] Diagnosis is based on the patient's self-reported experiences and observed behavior.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I can agree with that.

It would not surprise me if this site was next on the hit list after wikileaks. There are some very intelligent people on this site, that some times uncover very interesting things. Some of the evidence posted on ATS through threads and replies must be of concern to the govts.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

Originally posted by kosmicjack
He found no like minds here.

Does he have a friend here? In his friend's list? Because they are still looking for the accomplice/person of interest, a male about 40 years old I heard.

That person has been cleared, he was a cab driver. www.krcrtv.com...

Meanwhile, authorities say a second man has been cleared of any involvement in the attempted assassination. Pima County Sheriff's Deputy Jason Ogan said Sunday that the man was a cab driver who drove the gunman to the grocery store outside of which the shooting occurred.

Ogan says the man went into the store because the gunman apparently hadn't paid his fare.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Maybe lithium in the water could of stopped this..
Definitely an interesting looking at this individual.
edit on 10-1-2011 by igigi because: .

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Like you said he was a disturbed individual seeking answers to questions no one could answer. He was on this site for a short time trying to seek those answers. Apparently he left and didn't come back, instead posing those questions directly to his local representative and she was unable to translate that question that originated in his flawed mind. .

Apparently the unanswered questions drove him crazier. Sad

As was noted before, ATS by it's alternative nature and web presence will continue to attract individuals like Jared. It's a hazard that is unavoidable. Two things stick in my mind:

1. The government will definitely, if it wasn't doing so already, be monitoring this site for potential behaviors and postings that would signal potential threats.

2. Posters who constantly spout out inflammatory and violent rhetoric on this site (I have seen it countless times) validate those same thoughts within the minds of sick individuals. I have always feared this was the case and we are seeing it today. An individual does bear responsibility for the language they use and how it affects others behavior and perceptions. I think we have lost sight of that in our current society.

Calling for the "Tree of liberty to be washed with blood.. etc" is akin to shouting "Fire" in a crowded theater in my opinion. Someone is going to run with the ball like we have seen here.
edit on 1/10/2011 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I think the media is hunting a scapegoat
and has ATS in it's sights (no pun intended).

Depends on how the news media uses this.

If they report that he was a member of a conspiracy community where crazy theories and speculative content including anti-government sentiment etc. and they identify ATS before reading and discussing what he posted here then yes ATS will be painted with much negativity.

If the news media chooses to simply report the content of his posts to show how disturbed he was/is and simply say things like "internet postings" then there should be little or no negativity directed at ATS.

The news media can possibly twist all of this into ATS being a communications forum for "like minded" crazy people.

It is entirely up to them, and we all know how the media tends to sensationalize anything for maximum interest.

Should be interesting to see what they do or do not do with this.

Scapegoat?

Nah.

edit on 10-1-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by 19872012
Don't forget that there are people far more evil than Jared, people who want to kill 90% of the population. people who are poisoning the world. Do not forget that the elites are not our friends...

And it's this kind of thinking (wanting to actually KILL the elites) that's extremely dangerous.

Whether that conspiracy is true or not, it will send some people off the deep end - especially a paranoid schitzophrenic.

I don't see how people can kill others - especially innocents.

But on topic, I think it would be great if ATS did make a statement and said something along the lines that not all conspiracy theorists want to kill and that a lot of them/us are just here for the pursuit of truth - without infringing on others as much as possible.

Of course that's a given, but I think it's one of the most important things to say.

To be honest, I feel a little uncomfortable about this whole shooting thing because:

I have issues with organized religion. So did Jared.
I'm agnostic - Jared was atheist, but it's close enough.

Him and I share a FEW (and I mean a few) beliefs, and I'm afraid that a peaceful person like me will be on some kind of watch-list now - if that's not being paranoid - which I HATE being (am not normally, for the record).

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I only want to point out that his posts don't seem particularly disorganized. In fact, they seem the opposite. He sticks to a form of logic called a syllogism:

Here's a quote from Wiki:

A categorical syllogism consists of three parts: the major premise, the minor premise and the conclusion.

Each part is a categorical proposition, and each categorical proposition contains two categorical terms.[2] In Aristotle, each of the premises is in the form "All A are B," "Some A are B", "No A are B" or "Some A are not B", where "A" is one term and "B" is another. More modern logicians allow some variation. Each of the premises has one term in common with the conclusion: in a major premise, this is the major term (i.e., the predicate of the conclusion); in a minor premise, it is the minor term (the subject) of the conclusion. For example:

Major premise: All men are mortal.
Minor premise: Socrates is a man.
Conclusion: Socrates is mortal.

This caused me some suspicion when I read through one of his threads. He responds to people in cryptic ways, but seem to be following the conversation well enough. To my mind, he wants to look crazy, but he isn't really. Suggets long range planning to me.

Picture of his house today shows he's got two vehicles in front, but he took a cab to the location. Sort of suggests planning again -- don't want to leave someone's vehicle there when you'll either be dead or arrested.

I think the authorities will find that he did a lot of posting on the internet, not just at ATS, and that he posted in this cryptic way in each of them. Just my hunch.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join