It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you've got red hair, you may be a Neanderthal.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It seems I have a thing for neanderthal women.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by impaired
reply to post by stupid girl

Thanks for the thread, but isn't hair and fur two different things? They're from different species...

Seriously? You're asking if hair and fur are two different things?
Seriously?

No... I didn't ask that. You must be seeing things...

Hehe.

See? When I'm wrong I admit it! I'm not like many others on this site who have ego problems...

That's awesome.
You're awesome.
Anyway, I'm the stupid one, remember?
lol

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

lol...that's funny
half my family is neanderthal, but none of 'em are single

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Don't we all, mate !

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
wow, this deserves some kind of medal.....not only did you misrepresent the information sited....you expect people to lighten up while you call them neanderthals...rofl.

way to label yourself as the epitome of ignorance.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Take my red-headed ex...pleeze!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by smitts_lgp
wow, this deserves some kind of medal.....not only did you misrepresent the information sited....you expect people to lighten up while you call them neanderthals...rofl.

way to label yourself as the epitome of ignorance.

Red Hair A Legacy Of Neanderthals

Red hair may be the legacy of Neanderthal man. Oxford University scientists think the ginger gene, which is responsible for red hair, fair skin and freckles, could be up to 100,000 years old. They say their discovery points to the gene having originated in Neanderthal man, who lived in Europe for 260,000 years before the ancestors of modern man arrived from Africa about 40,000 years ago.

www.arts.telegraph.co.uk.../connected/2002/10/04/ecfhair04.xml&sSheet=/co nnected/2002/10/04/ixconn.html" target="_blank" class="postlink">archive link

The idea was based on a claim that the gene was at least 100,000 years old and so may have been present before modern man left Africa. To pass into our DNA, our ancestors would have had to have interbred with Neanderthals - an unfashionable theory among the experts in human origins.

Scots may be directly descended from Neanderthal man

The conclusion the team draws is that the red hair, freckles and pale skin which characterise Scots are most likely the genetic legacy of a long-dead species, known for being hairy and having prominent brows and receding foreheads. Around 10% of Scots are redheads, while an additional 40% of the population with other hair colourings carry the gene responsible for red hair.

There's lots more, but you get the point.
And who did I call a Neanderthal?
Oh, and you spelled "cited" wrong.
Just sayin'....
edit on 7-1-2011 by stupid girl because: trying to fix broken link

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Then, I included pictures that I felt would relate my tongue-in-cheek approach to this idea, along with a few comments of dry humor.

Seriously though people, lighten up.
If you're saying the entire OP is one big joke, there's a separate joke forum for that here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Then, I included pictures that I felt would relate my tongue-in-cheek approach to this idea, along with a few comments of dry humor.

Seriously though people, lighten up.
If you're saying the entire OP is one big joke, there's a separate joke forum for that here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

OP is pointing out the absurdity in the purported conclusion.
I have nothing more to say, other than obviously this thread is rubbing some people the wrong way.
Hopefully no one will lose any sleep over it.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Hehe, but I'm the one that looked stupid.

But at the same time, when I admit I'm wrong, I feel a little better and humble. After all, my objective is to learn.

Don't get me wrong - I've had my moments on here.

But back on topic - Interesting nevertheless. That's all I have.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Sorry...

edit on 10/1/11 by Astyanax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

People with red hair are just like everyone else.

Which leads me to believe you don't know any red haired people.

We've got: Fiery tempers more than their 'duller' haired friends? You Bet. Way more stubborn than most? You bet! We've got the tops on that.

Oh! And interestingly enough, it's a know scientific fact red haired people need more anesthesia than others also.

The Pain of Being a Redhead well.blogs.nytimes.com...

Kindred Sprits of a Red Head!

We know who we are! Here’s a list of what typically has been thought to make up the character of a typical red head - that are far from typical at all!

- temperamental/hot headed
- insane
- traitors
- untrustworthy characters (as we have clearly made a deal with the devil)
- oversexed
- eccentric
- stubborn
- passionate
- smart
- unlucky
- courageous
- feisty and strong-willed
- daring and adventurous
- like their hair color, are rare and unique and one-of-a-kind
- are good in the bedroom, and take initiative
- are somewhat social misfits, by either being a bully that everyone in the playground is scared of, or by being an outcast

Redhead's history of discrimination is sadly funny too:
- Ancient Egyptians buried redheads alive to get rid of the "evil taint"
- Between 1483-1784 in Germany, 45,000 redheads were tortured, drowned and burned because of the belief that redheads were witches
- During the Spanish Inquisition, red hair was supposedly a sign of a person's association with the devil
- In France Redheaded women are treated with high respect
- In Denmark, is an honor to have a redheaded child
- In Poland, if you pass three red-heads you'll win the state lottery

DID YOU KNOW....
...Red hair is a genetic mutation?
...Red hair is seen on the heads of only four percent of people?
...A 2002 study found that redheads are harder to sedate than any other people (requiring twenty percent more anesthesia)?
...Bees are thought to sting redheads more than others?

And now Add to the List! If you’re a read head you’re a Neanderthal!!!

I don’t remember where I got this info but I stuck it in a file to pass iton to MY REDHEADED FRIENDS and will pass it on here to ATS - sorry to who wrote it - I’d love to give you credit!

Proud to be a Red Head!

peace

edit on 10-1-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Blaine91555

People with red hair are just like everyone else.

Which leads me to believe you don't know any red haired people.

We've got: Fiery tempers more than their 'duller' haired friends? You Bet. Way more stubborn than most? You bet! We've got the tops on that.

Oh! And interestingly enough, it's a know scientific fact red haired people need more anesthesia than others also.

The Pain of Being a Redhead well.blogs.nytimes.com...

Kindred Sprits of a Red Head!

We know who we are! Here’s a list of what typically has been thought to make up the character of a typical red head - that are far from typical at all!

- temperamental/hot headed
- insane
- traitors
- untrustworthy characters (as we have clearly made a deal with the devil)
- oversexed
- eccentric
- stubborn
- passionate
- smart
- unlucky
- courageous
- feisty and strong-willed
- daring and adventurous
- like their hair color, are rare and unique and one-of-a-kind
- are good in the bedroom, and take initiative
- are somewhat social misfits, by either being a bully that everyone in the playground is scared of, or by being an outcast

Redhead's history of discrimination is sadly funny too:
- Ancient Egyptians buried redheads alive to get rid of the "evil taint"
- Between 1483-1784 in Germany, 45,000 redheads were tortured, drowned and burned because of the belief that redheads were witches
- During the Spanish Inquisition, red hair was supposedly a sign of a person's association with the devil
- In France Redheaded women are treated with high respect
- In Denmark, is an honor to have a redheaded child
- In Poland, if you pass three red-heads you'll win the state lottery

DID YOU KNOW....
...Red hair is a genetic mutation?
...Red hair is seen on the heads of only four percent of people?
...A 2002 study found that redheads are harder to sedate than any other people (requiring twenty percent more anesthesia)?
...Bees are thought to sting redheads more than others?

And now Add to the List! If you’re a read head you’re a Neanderthal!!!

I don’t remember where I got this info but I stuck it in a file to pass iton to MY REDHEADED FRIENDS and will pass it on here to ATS - sorry to who wrote it - I’d love to give you credit!

Proud to be a Red Head!

peace

edit on 10-1-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

Also the green eyes that often go with the red hair is the rarest eye color.
en.wikipedia.org...
bees always go after me and chaise me around and I am alergic to some kinds. I seem to mostly fit the steriotype but i am only hot tempered if someone does somthing really bad!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

JK Rowling has Neanderthal hair?

Now we've found out that Neanderthals shared a trait for red hair. That doesn't necessarily mean that that's where the human trait for red hair came from.
This dog has red hair. I guess we are to conclude that the canine trait for red hair came from the human gene pool. I have included this picture as proof. Plus, it must be true because I found it on the internet.

Now Thats a good laugh to start the day with.
So pretty much if your a Ranger/Red Head/Carrot top your a dog

??? What if you have traces of red i.e a few hairs here and there ???

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Sweet so now I have an excuse to call my brother an underdeveloped human caveman.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I love this thread, the picture is awesome because my best friend has red hair, and now i finally have proof to show him that he knows nothing. Will definitely send the picture to him. Is there anyway to download it or just copy and paste this link to my friend? I guess it is easier just to send him a link to this page and hopefully he is smart enough to be abkle to read it.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Red Haired folk are of the Celtic Line. The ancient white peoples of old.
There are few of them nowadays and they are from a time when the world was a lot different.

Some even reckon that red-haired people 'aren't-from-around-here' if you know what I mean. As in from 'Out There' somewhere!

It is interesting that, in the UK (England mostly) there's a malignant and moronic trait from the working classes disliking them.
I often wonder if that was formented from the elites during the Roman period when the Celts were pushed back to Wales, Scotland, Cornwall and Ireland.
edit on 4-2-2011 by WatchRider because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2011 by WatchRider because: Addition

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

Red haired people have always been considered witches in british isles. Thats with all the hate they get. That means they are more in tune with reality and nature. Nature is energy afterall.

Sick isn't it, how people are so ignorant, and petty they cannot stand people may have abilities they do not.

Nothing to do with Neanderthals, thats pure rubbish. I bet mankind has been done over and over again. This thread is just to hate one more on a certain type of people. Evolution is pure garbage, and they use this sort of stuff to rubbish certain groups.

Its like albinos in africa, the same thing was done to them.
edit on 2/4/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Alexandria the Great, King David, Jesus, King Henry 8th, Leonardo D'Vinci were among many well known leaders that were red heads. They were not stupid by any means.

Those with Auburn hair are also deemed red heads.

Alexander was almost certainly blonde.
But Churchill was a red-head (until he went bald).

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

A+ for the nice pic. mmmmm.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join