It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: "Saddam's Message Of Friendship To President Bush"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JR MacBeth
reply to post by jaynkeel

...when you are in a position of power and people die under your watch no matter what country your in or ruling YOUR at fault and he got what was coming to him it's called karma.

OK.

So when does karma get the Bush Crime Family?

The minute we get off our lazy asses and hand it to them.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Read it Hmm... This sounds like a smart guy.. He saw the writing on the wall. The things he couldn't go politically was interesting.

Evidently, he wanted help. Heh, funny when you consider how the first Iraq war was supposedly started.
edit on 3-1-2011 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Sounds as if he was making a plea hoping that the CIA etc were not representing the wishes of the US.

To me this discussion is about US imperialism. More and more I would argue that, in fact, this is not US imperialism but corporate/elite imperialism using the US military industrial complex to further its global ambitions.

Most average Americans do not want to believe their leaders would be capable of misleading them in matters of life and death. I would however remind our European friends we are a product of European imperialism. We learned from the masters. Personally I would support bringing ALL of our troops home from ALL military bases around the world and cutting "defense" spending by about three quarters of it's current level. Restore tariffs, restore local manufacturing and mind our own business. Now I don't think that is going to happen but I can hope!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

USA didn't do anything to Nazi Germany when they invaded Poland (not banging any drums here folds, just adding for accuracy)
You're wrong. The USA sold Britain its obsolete navy, which, as crap as it was, allowed Britain to maintain a credible defence in the Royal Navy Home Fleet & still protect vital interests in the British Empire, 1 of the most crucial being the shipping lanes between the ME & Britain. The USA went on to supply all kinds of war materiel under "lend-lease", which was basically a mortgage on the British Empire.
Of course, this didn't stop the USA trading with the Nazis - after the Great Depression, the USA was still in major financial need, with many Americans under or unemployed. Had there been no need to supply Britain, those factory jobs would have still been needed. What better way than to supply Germany to crush the commies? All it would've taken was an agreement along the lines of "Germany can negotiate a slice of Africa & the ME with the French & Brits, but the Pacific belongs to the USA."

Now lets consider the USA's old MO in light of the modern ME. Arming both sides: check.
Unemployment: check.
"Defence" Industry supplying much needed jobs: check.
Being in/supporting violation of international agreements: check.
Getting others to do your fighting for you until it becomes economically expedient to send a relatively small force to crush a weakened opponent: check.
Having done so, pump out fear mongering propaganda against your real enemy: check.
When this fails to get anyone else to do your fighting for you, in order to rinse & repeat, occupy captured territory & keep up the propaganda: check.
Oh & 1 last thing: when war profiteers see their income falling, foment a new war somewhere else... N Korea?
Oops... 1 very last thing: when this doesn't address US economic woes, print more money! CHECKMATE! Or should that be SHAHMAT!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
-snipped-
We are still the country that is called on by everyone, and then the only ones held accountable for things other countries get a pass on..............grow up.

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure the US calls on others to join them and get bogged down in wars that seem to have no end in sight.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

That this man was beheaded was one of the most ghastly things....

He was hanged, not beheaded.

To be honest, the Iraq war was a complete sham based on lies and deceit from our governments, probably for oil and profit, but in the final analysis, Saddam was a murderer, and deserved to be punished for his actions...although i would have preferred life imprisonment over execution, as murdering someone for murdering someone has to be one of the most hypocritical punishments conceived by man.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I'm still waiting for this guy to disclose something we didnt already know.
Every time a 'new' one comes out I'm like..duh...so?

Wikileaks lost me when they started blackmailing people with threats to disclose 'if' or 'when' xyz didnt do 'abc'....bad form....perverted the entire operation.

r

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
mr saddam offered a couple of millions in aid after the planes hit the towers , bush rejected and answered by invading saddams backyard in return,

love hate relationship ?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Secularist
Why would the US government befriend a mass murdering, war monger that tried to commit mass genocide?

Who are you talking about?

Could be anyone...Israel is a likely candidate...If the hat fits..

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

So basically, you're backing up the general tone of this thread really.

That our so called 'civilised' nations are anything but civilised. It's simply that we are better at propaganda and self delusion and have shorter memories of our own atrocities committed throughout history.

edit on 4/1/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Sounds as if he was making a plea hoping that the CIA etc were not representing the wishes of the US.

To me this discussion is about US imperialism. More and more I would argue that, in fact, this is not US imperialism but corporate/elite imperialism using the US military industrial complex to further its global ambitions.

Most average Americans do not want to believe their leaders would be capable of misleading them in matters of life and death. I would however remind our European friends we are a product of European imperialism. We learned from the masters. Personally I would support bringing ALL of our troops home from ALL military bases around the world and cutting "defense" spending by about three quarters of it's current level. Restore tariffs, restore local manufacturing and mind our own business. Now I don't think that is going to happen but I can hope!

As I see it, there will be permanent established US bases in Iraq. Iran is the next in "The plan" although they have proved to be problematic in their nuclear ploy, between the ranting of Ayatollah Seyed Ali Hoseyni Khāmene’i, and the insistence of the Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad that the nuclear aspect is for peaceful purposes, makes it difficult for the US to focus on the occupation game,

This then, is a nice current picture, and BTW ordinary folk don't matter, anywhere.

www.ukfpi.org...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

You are correct that some of the things released are already known by many of us. That's true.

But what if Wikileaks releases a cable that shows the government knew of the existence of ET's, or were in cahoots with them? So what.....most of us already knew that!

What if they release a cable that proves the presidential elections are fixed? So what...we knew that!

I think the implications of these cables are much more complicated than "so what....we already knew".

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

That our so called 'civilised' nations are anything but civilised. It's simply that we are better at propaganda and self delusion and have shorter memories of our own atrocities committed throughout history.

To simplify it down to one point, I would have to say yes. Although the short memory I think is debatable, that is up to the individual. I, for one, do not and that is why I wanted to share that info with the others, so perhaps their memory could lengthen a little bit. 'Civilized' is another debatable word. To some being civilized means the full array of 21st century technology, to others it means how they conduct themselves in the eyes of others.

But before I get rather long winded on the topic, to boil it down, yes you are right, atrocities are commited every day and have throughout all of history. It is up to us as individuals to ensure that they are not forgotten, but at the same time, to be even handed with it.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Good points Spike, although how much self delusion? rather more like turning a blind eye to events that we know are wrong and saying nothing. We have all seen the Baghdad video by now, a crime was committed there and then. It made it to MSM and should be in everyone's consciousness by now, yet with all that, there has been no serious mainstream debate on the right and wrongs of the matter, and this event had to be revealed, and right into our faces.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I was going to ask you this question, and to everyone....

When the government has perpetuated crimes such as these against other nations, who do we call to take care of it?

The government is the one who is called to take care of situations. Do we even have the infrastructure in place to hold our own government accountable?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by smurfy

I was going to ask you this question, and to everyone....

When the government has perpetuated crimes such as these against other nations, who do we call to take care of it?

The government is the one who is called to take care of situations. Do we even have the infrastructure in place to hold our own government accountable?

Hi Sheep,
The US have congressional hearings, as per Oliver North's case. He was guilty as hell, was tried and convicted, but a later court set aside all charges. Ironically it was the revealing CH's that got him off, since he had been given limited immunity when he attended the hearings. All probably a twisting of the law to get him off, so that the can of worms would not get opened.
In Britain there is the use of public enquiry, there is one ongoing at the moment, over the initial push for the war in Iraq. So there is some accountablity, but all a bit moot after the damage is done. The Baghdad video should definitely be the subject of a congressional hearing though, not just inside the military, since it shows total lack of regard to civilians in both the gun and missile attacks. Public rallies in protests still mean something, but there are always infiltrators and vandals to disrupt things.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join