It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: "Saddam's Message Of Friendship To President Bush"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Hello Homer and welcome to the discussion.

I have to disagree with you on this one. Anyone who questions the facts of this situation, or any other for that matter, is not sick on the head, crazy or un-American. That is like saying that if you disagree with your spouse than you do not love that person. No, when you love something you are willing to be honest and point out the flaws that make living with them hard at times. It is hard for me to live and listen to the propoganda and lies told by our US government. I love it and so I point out its flaws. We can only grow stronger if we know where the troubles lie. Does that make sense?

reply to post by Secularist

Why would you support any country or politician that has been known to lie, or invade countries for no good reason? If you apply that way of thinking to Saddam, then to be consistant you have to apply it to all who fit that description. Therein lies the slippery slope.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
On a related note, here's an article posted at DP, entitled:
HANDWRITTEN LETTER FROM PRESIDENT SADDAM HUSSEIN TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE
www.intifada-palestine.com...

DP link: (Thanks to bandrig)
www.dailypaul.com...

Also, thanks to OP for sharing, S&F...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

He [Hitler] was better than Saddam .

I believe the appropriate quote would be "amateurs study tactics, professionals study logistics"
Yeah. I'd say they were about the same. Neither of them understood they were allowed into power for specific reasons. Hitler to stop communism spreading west & Hussein to stop Iran spreading islamic revolution. They both believed their own hype.
Hitler thought he was Billy Big Spuds in Europe: if he'd left Poland alone & gone after the Russian oil fields, the USA would have loved him, probably built him a navy to contain the goddamn commies in the Baltic. If Hussein had left Kuwait alone, instead of thinking his awesome nutsack was going to carry the day, & re-invaded Iran, he'd still be there now, getting support from the USA, battlefield testing weapons systems for them etc.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

Nice letter , but the MSM ignored as always

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

show me the proof where our govt committed mass genocide on its own people

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

show me the proof where our govt committed mass genocide on its own people

Go find a Native American and ask him if the US has ever committed Genocide... if you can find one.

and again I have to ask you since you keep pulling the genocide card, where did Iraq get those chemical weapons from that they used to kill the Kurds?
edit on 3-1-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Saddam was a murderer but he kept that whole country in line, didn't he? I have family and friends still living in Iraq and with Saddam gone they can't even celebrate Christmas because they receive plenty of threats. Those cowards know everything about everyone who lives in Iraq. They have names, addresses, schools, ages, where they were born and etc. The only way to get that information is through government workers.

I think even though people here thought of Saddam as a murderer they fail to realize that the US has blood on it's hand too. Yes you're an American and no you did not liberate anyone. You may have thought you got revenge for the Kurds but you put a lot of Christians in harms way by doing so.

Now that the country is stable, slash that, now that the country is in the same turmoil and the US has spent billions upon billions of dollars on 2 failed wars, what next? Who do you go liberate next? I am kind of hoping you'll help Africa but there is no special interest there as we seen from the Rowanda genocide.

One thing I will say right now, Iraq is going to have a civil war within the next 10 years. A democratic government can't work when you have 2 sides that hate each other. If you give power to one side the other side will take revenge and vice versa.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Mr Wendal is right. I was going to say that but he beat me to it.

I went to school on an Indian reservation and I can tell you with much confidence that the Indian Nation holds much contempt for what the US Government has done to their land, lives and culture. Not only did we take their land from them, but we have ravaged a simple, yet honorable culture and introduced them to a welfare state filled with drug and alcohol abuse.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Hello Homer and welcome to the discussion.

I have to disagree with you on this one. Anyone who questions the facts of this situation, or any other for that matter, is not sick on the head, crazy or un-American. That is like saying that if you disagree with your spouse than you do not love that person. No, when you love something you are willing to be honest and point out the flaws that make living with them hard at times. It is hard for me to live and listen to the propoganda and lies told by our US government. I love it and so I point out its flaws. We can only grow stronger if we know where the troubles lie. Does that make sense?

reply to post by Secularist

Why would you support any country or politician that has been known to lie, or invade countries for no good reason? If you apply that way of thinking to Saddam, then to be consistant you have to apply it to all who fit that description. Therein lies the slippery slope.

Sorry but there is no easy way to say this - you would have to be an idiot to think that theres a government out there that doesnt lie, and who are you to tell them otherwise? Just because youre a citizen you think youre entitled to know it all? The US gov is a lot more intelligent then you or me or anybody else on this forum and what they release to the public they release it for a good reason. Would you rather deal with a non-nuclear N Korea or Iran now? Or after a nuclear bomb has gone off and a # ton of them have been sold to terrorist cells all over the world? Hmmmm. Let me think about that.

It wasnt right for us to invade Iraq, but it wasnt for the "oil" that everybody thinks its for. If it was for "oil" then my gas prices wouldnt be going up. They would be going down. And those 100's of thousands of Iraqis killed in the invasion. First of all, I wonder why so many citizens had to die? Because of pussy Saddam Hussein who ordered his military to hide in the city streets so that there would be civilian casualties with America's "precision" air strikes. And how many of those casualties were actual military?

George Bush didnt gas the Kurds because he wanted to see them wiped out and if you pulled your head out of your American hating ass for five minutes you would realize theres a big difference between gassing Kurds because you hate them and want to see them wiped out and invading a country because it poses a threat to stability around the world.

Saddam would not fess up to not having WMD and if you think WMD is just a nuclear weapon then youre mistaken. Saddam used mustard gas, which is a WMD. He murdered to get where he was. That anybody would defend him is just stupid. In FBI interrogation after he was apprehended he said the only reason he didnt fess up to not having WMD was because he didnt want his neighbor, Iran to push Iraq around, and wonder why that is. Could it be because he was an asshole that invaded Iran? Hmmmmm. Let me think about that one too.

So I repeat myself again, why the hell on earth would a government that endorses freedom befriend a country that stands against everything liberty does?

If you look at the track record of America's wars youll come to the conclusion that there was not 1 war fought with a democratic country or any country that supported human rights. You deal with a hostile country before theyre powerful and capable of actually hitting our homeland, not after theyve hit it.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

no, the indians were relocated for the most part

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Yeah your right, we didn't kill any Indians at all. We just packed them up and relocated them... to the afterlife

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by Secularist
Why would the US government befriend a mass murdering, war monger that tried to commit mass genocide?

Why would the US government provide the weapons for this "mass murdering war monger" so he could attempt to commit mass genocide? Isn't that the better question?

USA didnt supply Iraq with mustard gas, sorry but Iraq developed that themselves.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

No! many indians were killed on there own land. Why do some people refuse to believe that their governments do bad things, or have done bad things. People look at them as if they are some type of mini Gods

When are we going to grow out of this primitive way of thinking. Patriosm for your country is what keeps us as a race dumb!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

No! many indians were killed on there own land. Why do some people refuse to believe that their governments do bad things, or have done bad things. People look at them as if they are some type of mini Gods

When are we going to grow out of this primitive way of thinking. Patriosm for your country is what keeps us as a race dumb!

Comparing the 21st century to colonial times is really kind of ridiculous...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

So I repeat myself again, why the hell on earth would a government that endorses freedom befriend a country that stands against everything liberty does?

Good question.... why DID we?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

It wasnt right for us to invade Iraq, but it wasnt for the "oil" that everybody thinks its for. If it was for "oil" then my gas prices wouldnt be going up. They would be going down. And those 100's of thousands of Iraqis killed in the invasion. First of all, I wonder why so many citizens had to die? Because of pussy Saddam Hussein who ordered his military to hide in the city streets so that there would be civilian casualties with America's "precision" air strikes. And how many of those casualties were actual military?

Umm your gas prices would be going up simply because of profit. Saddam undercut OPEC which forced many North American companies to lower their prices. The price started rising after the US invaded Saddam.

And so you're saying if there is a war and a country is about to do a precision strike, you would send your whole army into an open field so that civilians won't die? I guess you have never been to a war. The fact is that the US did a precision air strike in a civilian based area so America has innocent blood on it's hands and I understand why you are trying to defend America, because you're American.

George Bush didnt gas the Kurds because he wanted to see them wiped out and if you pulled your head out of your American hating ass for five minutes you would realize theres a big difference between gassing Kurds because you hate them and want to see them wiped out and invading a country because it poses a threat to stability around the world.

Saddam gassed the Kurds because they wanted to gain their independence and break free from Iraq. He didn't wake up one day and say "Hey, let's test out some mustard gas on Kurds."

Saddam would not fess up to not having WMD and if you think WMD is just a nuclear weapon then youre mistaken. Saddam used mustard gas, which is a WMD. He murdered to get where he was. That anybody would defend him is just stupid. In FBI interrogation after he was apprehended he said the only reason he didnt fess up to not having WMD was because he didnt want his neighbor, Iran to push Iraq around, and wonder why that is. Could it be because he was an asshole that invaded Iran? Hmmmmm. Let me think about that one too.

So by your logic when the US invaded wouldn't it make sense to use all the WMD's he had to win? Why did he hate Iran? Jeez, was it because the US told him to invade? Did they supply him with weapons to fight Iran? Does the US even like Iran? Because last time I checked the US government really hated Iran.

Iran was actually funding Shia terrorists in Iraq and Saddam caught on. That is why the US supplied him with the WMD's.

Saudi Arabia anyone? Why would the US kiss buttocks to that country? Oh yeah, they have a legendary freedom status's where everyone can do anything. Pakistan?

If you look at the track record of America's wars youll come to the conclusion that there was not 1 war fought with a democratic country or any country that supported human rights. You deal with a hostile country before theyre powerful and capable of actually hitting our homeland, not after theyve hit it.

Saddam had capabilities to hitting the US? Really? What about N. Korea? Russia? China? I think all those nations have the capabilities to hitting the US not with 1 but over a 100 nuclear missiles. And they all hate freedom. How about you rally your friends and invade those nations before they hit home.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Good question.... why DID we?

Eww he touched his hand.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Comparing the 21st century to colonial times is really kind of ridiculous...

I know it was a while ago, and i was only replying to the othe poster who said america just moved them. No, that is ridiculous as we all know that was not the case. These days, the terrible things America does are on other countries.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

USA didnt supply Iraq with mustard gas, sorry but Iraq developed that themselves.

So the 1989 NYTimes article that showed how Alcolac International, the Baltimore chemical manufacturer who had already been linked to the illegal shipment of chemicals to Iran, and shipped large quantities of thiodiglycol (used to make mustard gas) as well as other chemical and biological ingredients to Iraq was all made up and no one sued them for slander? I doubt that highly.

The US as well as many US companies shipped many raw materials to be used to make chemical and biological weapons to Iraq during the 80's because Iran was seen as a bigger threat to US interest in the region. It is clear to me you have not done much research into this area, I would suggest maybe considering doing so if you really want to understand how Iraq became so well armed.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Saddam pales when compared to the grisly acts of your own leaders. The US has hurt a multiple more people than saddam ever hurt, both in iraq and throughout the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join