It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House of Anubis for your pre-teen: indoctrinate them early, folks!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I thought maybe I was imagining things when this commercial came on Nickelodeon this morning:

So, I decided to look around and see what exactly this is about. There are plenty of sites talking about the show, but none that tell me why it is called "House of Anubis". That is the name of the exclusive boarding school, supposedly. But why that name? Why would a boarding school have the name of an Egyptian god? Is it because the premise of the show is that the school is full of sorcery and witchcraft? Here is a link to the wiki page of the show, giving some background and history. Apparently, it is a long-running series in other parts of the world.
Wiki link

I cannot help but wonder what the deal is with all of the kids shows about sorcery, witchcraft, pagan gods, deities, demons and soforth. What is the agenda here? Is it just because kids will think it is cool and therefore make the studios more money? Or is it truly an evil agenda, one designed to prepare our children to accept that all of these gods and deitied are reality and in control?

It seems that someone out there in control of the media has an agenda that includes making sure that our kids will accept that all of these supernatural entities are real. Here is a list of a few shows that have been released in the last decade to advance this agenda:

Disney Channels' Wizards of Waverly Place-wiki
ABC's Sabrina. the teenage witch-wiki
Prince of Persia-wiki

Not to mention the much-argued Harry Potter series, Inuyasha, Dragon Ball, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc. I cannot help but see an increasing trend here. Anyone else see a problem?

I know all about the argument that "it's just a kids show, all in good fun." But let me tell you, there is a huge increase in these kinds of stories for our children. I have to ask why?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Meh, it's fashionable and thus a ratings generator and thus a money maker.

Started with Charmed, Buffy, and Hairy PotHead.. when there's a buck to be made they run with it. I don't see anything more than that.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I actually saw that advertised and thought it looked interesting. Yes I like kid shows sometimes. I remember recently there was a movie on Disney called "Avalon High" or something like that about the King Arthur story and the kids in this high school were reincarnated from the people from Avalon. Would you call that evil too? I used to think like you. I used to be a Christian. The only reason you find this stuff evil is because it isn't glorifying YOUR god.
edit on 24-12-2010 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Our overlords have to train someone as the next generation caretakers to continue the overlordship...do they not?

Interesting thing about movies and tv in all categories of genre. Much of it is all true..yes even the far out scifi stuff.
Its sort of a unviversal law to disclose to those who cannot see whether they accept it or not is called choice. It has to be fair to all those involved.
The greatest secret is there are no secrets

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

It is escapism and it is as fun to them as was reading the Chronicles of Narnia, or the Wizard of Oz was to kids way back when, or the Chronicles of Amber was in the 60's and 70's, or the mysticism of Star Wars.

I see zero harm in these series; by and large goodness, kindness, and compassion win out over greed, lust for power, and evil.

I just wish the world actually worked that way.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

See, that's the point of the whole thing. Your apathetic response is exactly what they count on happening. It is the same as the reaction of people to all the other agendas they advance. They count on our apathy to keep us complacent.

reply to post by Ellie Sagan

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that I had declared my God's name here and lamented that He wasn't being glorified. Did that offend you? I mean my doing that thing you just said I did. I think you make some pretty huge assumptions. But I must say that I am so glad I have you to keep me in check. Thanks for knowing all about me.

How about next time you wait for me to state what I believe before you declare "just like you used to be."

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

See, I agree with you here, mostly.I do believe that they put their true agenda out for us all to see. There will always be those too blind to see it. Doesn't make it any less true.

reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I agree with you, to, in a way. I think they started out with the soft-sell years ago. The cute, sweet fantasies that engaged your imagination. But they have advanced it slowly but surely to include hard-core demonology and spells, gods and supernatural powers. They now target the smaller children so that they can get a hold on their psyche at a younger and younger age.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35

See, that's the point of the whole thing. Your apathetic response is exactly what they count on happening. It is the same as the reaction of people to all the other agendas they advance. They count on our apathy to keep us complacent.

I'm not apathetic about it, I just don't care. *smirk*

Seriously, I am not a follower of any Abrahamic religion and I have no interest in what people choose to believe in theologically. I do not see any problem or issue with magic and fantasy related story telling.

And like I said, all I see here is big business trying to make a buck anyway.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Har, har. I am truly shocked that no one cares that kids are being taught about sorcery and demons. Where are all those atheists and other religion haters? Shouldn't you be all up in arms about the media trying to teach your kids about some non-existent deities and how to worship them? They want your child to believe that these things are real and how to follow their teachings. That doesn't offend your "My kids don't need to believe in imaginary sky gods" philosophy?

If Nickelodeon had made a new show about a children's seminary that taught kids to speak in tongues and perform exorcisms, I bet we'd see a far different and much greater response. But I guess it's okay for them to learn about demons and lesser gods, huh? As long as "His" name isn't used.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Har, har. I am truly shocked that no one cares that kids are being taught about sorcery and demons. Where are all those atheists and other religion haters?

Oi, leave us atheists out of it!
Sorcery and such is not a religion..its just fantasy fun like harry potter

Frankly, I am a bit envious that kids have such cool stuff. When I was growing up, we had smurfs, atari 2600, and lite bright...

-grumbles-

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It's a fashion trend. Shows like that are popular much the same as movies and books like harry Potter and Twilight....

There is no under lying meaning, aside from $$$$

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Given the success that "Twilight" and all the other vampire themed shows, books and movies have had lately I'm surprised we haven't seen "Vampire High".

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

So, because this is "cool" material to you, it's okay that they are giving it to children? Wow, I thought you were against all the fooforall of gods, religion and the supernatural.

So, if this new series had been about Yahweh and Yeshua, teaching these same children how to engage supernatural powers and kill demons in their name, would you be offended then? Would it be as cool?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I wonder why it is only demons, vampires and assorted gods that are fashionable? What is the reason?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Only narrow minded religeous bigots would find anything even slightly objectionable in this show or the others of this ilk.

If you find this topic objectionable or see it as some sort of evil agenda all you have to do is tell your children that its just make believe and not to be taken seriously - which is what I told my children when they would come home from school or from visiting friends with some sort of self-righteous, hypocritical christian BS.

Parenting - it works really well if you apply it and I have two wonderfully well adjusted adult children as proof.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

reply to post by SaturnFX

So, because this is "cool" material to you, it's okay that they are giving it to children? Wow, I thought you were against all the fooforall of gods, religion and the supernatural.

So, if this new series had been about Yahweh and Yeshua, teaching these same children how to engage supernatural powers and kill demons in their name, would you be offended then?

Only if they tried to pass it off as anything other than fiction. Gods and magic can make entertaining (if unimaginative) storytelling, and kids have no problem discerning between information presented as fact versus information presented as fiction. When adults begin presenting the idea of gods and magic as reality, problems begin. I think you should reconsider your position.

Although personally, I think the whole magic, wizard, vampire thing is totally played out, and a lot of these stories lack internal consistency, which annoys me.

edit on 24-12-2010 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2010 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

And Dungeons and Dragons was satanic because there would demons in it as villians to be slain........ *rolls his eyes* Not every little thing is a grand conspiracy against Christianity for pity's sake. All these TV stations are doing is following the ratings.
edit on 25-12-2010 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

So, because this is "cool" material to you, it's okay that they are giving it to children?

When I was growing up the fad was Cowboys and Indians. But the politically Correct screamed bloody murder about how the Indians were portrayed as bad guys and PETA threw a hissy fit about the use of animals.

Then we had Cops and Robbers and War movies. Again the Politically Correct screamed bloody murder about the violence and the glorifying of guns.

Now it is "fantasy" with vampires and demons and special abilities and the Religious Right are the ones throwing a hissy fit.

If you do not like what is on the boob tube vote with your feet and don't watch it. I got rid if my TV in 1976 and haven't missed it. Kids to today would be a lot better off if parents tossed them out side for some exercise and sunshine instead of having them sit on their rumps glued to a TV, computer or video game.

I do children's entertainment and the lack of muscle development in a lot of kids is appalling. I hate seeing the 3 and 4 year old "beach balls" who weigh over 100 lbs and can barely walk!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Anyone else catch the logo, featuring a single eye with an upward facing pyramid on top and a downward facing pyramid below?

It's easy to take these things too seriously and find conspiracies where none exist. But just because it sounds complex and far-fetched does not make it untrue.

Edit: This screenshot from the Youtube video shows the logo.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e24e28bfcf2b.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 25/12/2010 by Dark Ghost because: added image

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The only things shown on children's television should be programs that teach the importance of attending church on Sunday, leading wholesome and good lives, educational shows about bad and unhealthy lifestyle choices (drugs, alcohol, homosexuality and infidelity) and shows that explain why the State of Israel must be defended.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join