It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House of Anubis for your pre-teen: indoctrinate them early, folks!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

I am not offended by what you said in the least, but I am very sorry to have made you think I was attacking you. The tone of your response seems that you are very upset by what I said. I'm sorry, my reply wasn't meant to be mean or condescending. I guess I just didn't make myself clear. What I said was that I used to think like you, meaning I used to hate all that magicky and paranormal stuff on television and in movies. I used to hate it because it went against my religion and what my god taught. That's all. If it was your god being glorified in the shows and movies would you be so upset? Perhaps so. I don't presume to know. But the other thing I was thinking when I replied was that perhaps pagans wouldn't mind these shows at all, and might even welcome some entertainment for their children that does portray their religion in a positive light. Incidentally, the fact that you capitalized the words "God" and "He" when referring to your god, causes me to believe that indeed you are referring to the Christian god. Again, I may be wrong, but I know that was the way I and other Christians I know referred to him, because we believed that he is the one and only true god. I concede that I don't know if other religions do the same thing. If so, I apologize for my assumptions.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hahaha

Please tell me that you were being sarcastic!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by SaturnFX

So, because this is "cool" material to you, it's okay that they are giving it to children? Wow, I thought you were against all the fooforall of gods, religion and the supernatural.
I have no problem with kids being taught fairy tales and fiction when its posed as just that
The difference between dungeons and dragons over religion is that nobody suggests its anything but simple game fantasy. There is no tax exempt churches for narnian's, its put in its place.

So, if this new series had been about Yahweh and Yeshua, teaching these same children how to engage supernatural powers and kill demons in their name, would you be offended then? Would it be as cool?

Yes, it would be offensive to me because that is pushed as reality...and no, it wouldn't be cool.

People love creativity and imagination..I highly encourage people to explore every part of their imagination and do works with it..once they start pushing their imagination as reality...well, thats when it crosses the line.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hahaha
The only things shown on children's television should be programs that teach the importance of attending church on Sunday, leading wholesome and good lives, educational shows about bad and unhealthy lifestyle choices (drugs, alcohol, homosexuality and infidelity) and shows that explain why the State of Israel must be defended.

heh, funny stuff.

You forgot to add that they should run programs teaching young girls to know their place in society as servants to men.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
I actually saw that advertised and thought it looked interesting. Yes I like kid shows sometimes. I remember recently there was a movie on Disney called "Avalon High" or something like that about the King Arthur story and the kids in this high school were reincarnated from the people from Avalon. Would you call that evil too? I used to think like you. I used to be a Christian. The only reason you find this stuff evil is because it isn't glorifying YOUR god.
edit on 24-12-2010 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

Great post, and, agreed.
So oppressive.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Hahaha
The only things shown on children's television should be programs that teach the importance of attending church on Sunday, leading wholesome and good lives, educational shows about bad and unhealthy lifestyle choices (drugs, alcohol, homosexuality and infidelity) and shows that explain why the State of Israel must be defended.

heh, funny stuff.

You forgot to add that they should run programs teaching young girls to know their place in society as servants to men.

I know, but I doubt channel budgets would stretch that far.
The quoted post was a joke

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think this may be a bit of an overreaction. People watching shows like this, or reading similar books, know that it is fiction. I'm a Christian, for instance, and I absolutely love fantasy books and movies and TV. I've played Dungeons and Dragons, Magic The Gathering, and similar games. (yes I am the prototypical geek :p) However, I have never, even as a child, taken any of it seriously; I know it's purely entertainment. The only harmful thing I can see coming from stuff like this is if you spend so much time with it that you begin to neglect other aspects of life, but that goes for anything in excess.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I loved Charmed and Buffy, but this is different the robes and the building look very much like something secret society-ish. AND Anubis if you go to that one website illuminati backwards (url= www.itanimulli.com) with the riddle and click on the pyramid one of the stories is of Anubis, just wierd, what is weirder, he's the God of the Underworld or death, pretty dark. Ah that was not the website that takes you to the nsa I forgot which one it was from the thread I'll look for the thread!
The url is this : www.illuminatiorder.info...

edit on 30-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: wrong url

edit on 30-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
If I can throw a few cents in on this issue of "indoctrination"...

I've been studying the Occult since I was aged eight. I didn't start an interest in that field of study due to any television shows or children's books. I was naturally curious and inquisitive, and when my questions couldn't be answered by my Christian Methodist parents, they took me to the local library to check out some literature on the subjects I had expressed interest in.

Coming from a Christian household that taught tolerance of other ways, cultures and religious practices and ways of the world - it still mystifies me to this day how many people seem to equate an interest in the archaic, unknown and occultic worlds as a first class ticket to Hell Eternal.

The only thing I really got out of my "indoctrination" was an ability to make more friends because I was able to hold a discussion about our differences above and beyond "my way is right, your way is wrong".

There isn't much conflict in my life regarding those who practice different methods of worship, introspection, perspective and manifestation of their personal life experiences. It's actually very peaceful here, and I'm always learning new things....including tolerance.

Maybe I'm an odd case, but if that's "indoctrination" I sure wish more people out there would consider signing up for a few classes.

edit on 12/30/10 by GENERAL EYES because: spellin'

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

Wow for methodists your parents were pretty lenient. I don't know I only knew a few methodists but that is the ones I knew were just as strict as the baptists. Well you were certainly lucky, me growing up catholic, the parental units were not too happy about my study of the occult.
However, this is not what I was saying, some of the undertones of the show is most different than normal Harry Potter and the Charmed and buffy's. I don't know maybe only I see this. I actually think I will like the show, and I'll reserve the rest of my judgement.
And if there is an illuminati, I don't think they're evil or NWO, I actually think they are the ones trying to illuminate us, and maybe using the program as part of this illumination. I actually think the bad guys are the one they mention in the Jesse Ventura show about wall street thing and they are catholics!! Meeting in Rome at the Vatican that is really the NWO!
edit on 30-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Back in the day, there was this character that did things his way. He got his friends in trouble, shot his buddy, got his buddy shot repeatedly, and all for yucks. He dressed in drag, let other characters smoke, poked fun at society, and loved every minute of it. Who was this madcap mayhem monster? Why, Bugs Bunny, of course. Now you can't find his cartoons anywhere unless they've been cut, smashed, and hacked to pieces by the butchers who call themselves the thought police. Daffy got his bill blown off by Elmer? Too bad, that clip's out.
Now my mom wouldn't let me watch commercials that advertised rock music, but the beer commercials were fine. I could watch Tom and Jerry macerate each other with chainsaws but heaven forbid I watch that show that had Isis in it ( forgot the name of that little action series that came on on Saturdays)...So, a show called Anubis, compared to the other brain rot that's on every other channel? Please. Beats most of what else is on.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Wow...Harry Potter meets Saved By The Bell...

If I had Nick, I'd probably check it out just to see where the show goes.

Indoctrination, nah....then again...I'm all for learning as many views of spirituality as possible and
studying how they connect....rather than how they do not....even in shows like this there is always something
to learn.

edit on 30-12-2010 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
LOL.... all I can do is laugh now at the Illuminati subject when brought to attention. Not that I think it's all bull, because I don't. I very much believe an elite group of individuals play apart in governing the world for their benefit ,but some of the details I read I am not sure I agree with or the definitive cult name of 'Illuminati'. Regardless of that, as said I do believe there are these individuals out there in some group that plan, and play out acts that become the reality we live in. What makes me laugh though are examples like this....

Illuminati TV Spot - Sony Ericsson Hoppers in Barcelona www.youtube.com...

Now here is the same commercial someone added different music to(the music in the background is Clint Mansell's 'Death is the Road' taken from the movie The Fountain, and excellent movie btw).
www.youtube.com...

I can watch this commercial on repeat a few times because 1. I love the background music 2. it fits it's too perfectly 3. it's just friggen hilarious how if this is actually an Illuminati commercial how blatantly obvious it is. I mean it's almost as if the intent is to rub it in peoples faces because it is known the general population will have no idea, that is IF it is the 'illuminati'.... a phone commercial with a giant eye and followers...'i'm watching you....'... what a wonderful world we live in
)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

I cannot help but wonder what the deal is with all of the kids shows about sorcery, witchcraft, pagan gods, deities, demons and soforth. What is the agenda here?

The agenda of a television network is to turn a profit. Imaginative stories about magic and mythology are popular. Ever read a Harry Potter novel? Seen the film Lord of the Rings? This sort of thing has become popular. It is also much easier to build a show based on pre-existing mythology. Even literary greats like Tolkien managed to borrow bits and pieces from old myths (Elves for instance) rather than create from scratch.

It seems that someone out there in control of the media has an agenda that includes making sure that our kids will accept that all of these supernatural entities are real.

Seriously?

Really?

:bnghd:

Yes, because we all know when kids see something on TV they immediately assume its real. I spent my childhood bathed in the glow of television yet you don't see me going around claiming that ghosts, the teenage mutant ninja turtles and Daffy Duck are actually real do you? I mean this is just painfully poor reasoning especially considering we have shows like the 700 club and Trinity Broadcasting Network who are actually religiously charged and actively trying to convince people that their brand of God is real. We're dealing with a FICTIONAL show that never claims to be otherwise.

But let me tell you, there is a huge increase in these kinds of stories for our children. I have to ask why?

He-Man, She-Ra, Space Ghost, The Munsters, The Adams Family, any number of Dracula films, Bewitched, I Dream of Genie, The Mummy, Magic Schoolbus. Shows about magic, witchcraft and monsters have been around since the beginning of television and before that there were movies about them and before that stories and novels and before that our species sat around the camp fire and talked about them.

Now if you'll excuse me your post has left me in actual physical pain due to the number of times I face palmed.
edit on 30-12-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Someone posted about how Nick had shows like this in the 80's, including one called "The Third Eye."

They had a link, with some interesting information on it:

The unifying theme of the show (and hence the name of the title, and opening montage sequence) was that of children with psychic powers.

Before every episode, an on-screen announcement declared, "The following is a science-fiction program, and may contain some startling scenes. This show is intended for older children." Whoever was responsible for developing the series for Nickelodeon is unknown, as the anthology itself went completely uncredited. The voice-over used during the opening titles, however, is reminiscent of the work of Don LaFontaine:

"Somewhere in the crowd... sometimes you find someone very special. Someone who sees light in the darkness. Someone who hears the unheard. Someone who understands the mystery. Sometimes, there's someone who sees with a third eye!"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by rogerstigers

IAND Anubis if you go to that one website illuminati backwards (url= www.itanimulli.com) with the riddle and click on the pyramid one of the stories is of Anubis, just wierd, what is weirder, he's the God of the Underworld or death, pretty dark.

Well, it depends how you look at it, doesn't it?
Anubis is my God, and He is the most beautiful.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

I like the way you put this. People are worried about things they don't understand. Two goddesses who I feel drawn to are Persephone (Greek) and Kali (Hindu). Persephone is the queen of the underworld. Sounds dark and evil to some who don't know the story. Really, she is good because she helps people there make their way in the underworld, she is a helper to them. And Kali, she is portrayed as scary and evil, but really the reason she went all out was to kill demons. She's also known to create out of destruction, that doesn't sound so bad to me.

I know these examples I've given are simplistic, but I wanted to keep it short for people to be more likely to read it. I think it's important for people to look deeper at what they fear, or think is evil, so they can really see what it's all about before jumping to conclusions.
edit on 2-1-2011 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Have any of you ever actually watched YuGiOh? My daughter just went on a two month binge and watched all the shows. Some of them were extremely trippy, and the animation is very flashy and hypnotic. Like I was kind of getting worried they were going to induce seizures or something! Well, the story line was built around an Egyptian God who was to be revived from the afterlife and fight YuGi....very strange stuff and my daughter thought it was the coolest. Now she is doing research on Egyptians to see how closely this story collaborates with history. Interesting eh? Although we know what is being presented is fiction, you cant help thinking "ive heard this somewhere before" Perhaps that is what the OP is reffering to as indoctrination? As much as I would like to feel that it is all just innocent $$$ making, I think the OP has a point, what the reason is, whats their angle? I don't know, it is social programming though

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

Oh, those are the two beautiful goddesses that I love.
Eloquent post, and I agree wholeheartedly.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
This show seems to be targetting baby boomers with the British accents, the life potions and peeling back layers in the walls, etc to reveal clues. I'm wondering whether the schoolhouse setting is meant to be fantasy or pedophilia (eg: blantant sexual cues, Jewish-summer-camp-like setting similar to American Pie).

My question is why would a show targetting baby boomers be playing on Nickelodeon? They would get more viewers by syndicating on ABC or Fox or something.

I remember during the 90's getting junk mail with Egyptian symbols. Once I subscribed to a kid's magazine about Egyptology which was cancelled after like 4 issues. That magazine had lots of cartoony images. This show, however, makes even Harry Potter look cartoony.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join