It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Hands Off to Bill Clinton

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hmm, let me examine this...

1 - Bill Clinton knows what he's talking about. He's a smart guy.

Yes he is, and yes he does.

2 - Obama hasn't got a freak'n clue what is going on.

I disagree, I believe he knows a great deal about what is going on. He has people that make sure that he understands exactly what is going on.

3 - Obama pulled a 911 call - called in Bill Clinton because he's (Obama) got no credibility with the dems.

The Dems are just upset with this compromise, it's politics.

4 - Nancy Pelosi thinks she's the POTUS and thinks she runs the country.

No she doesn't

5 - Obama let Bill Clinton take the lead at the news conference. Obama looked inept. (he is)

It was the plan to let Clinton take this News Conference, I heard about this plan this morning on both FOX News and CNN.

6 - Remember that SNL skit during the primaries .. an emergency at 3AM and Obama doesn't know what he's doing so he calls Hillary to have her bail him out? Well .. instead of Hillary, he called in BILL CLINTON.

I think that Obama was wise in calling Clinton to help him get the Dems on the bus with this plan.

7 - Obama left the news conference early because 'he was 1/2 hour late meeting michelle'. That confirms, for me, the stories that have come out of the White House that Obama is not all that interested in working, but is interested in enjoying the perks .. in this case ... getting ready for a white house party.

You do know they choreograph these news conferences down to the minute don't you?

8 - Seeing Bill Clinton know what he was doing made me miss him. Maybe not him exactly .. but made me miss having someone in the office who is actually qualified and could do the job. It's been a long time ...

Yes, Clinton was a good president, what made him a good president was the fact that he could compromise. This is a lesson that Obama is going to have to learn.

9 - Obama is probably a one term POTUS. Depends on who goes up against him, but seeing the emergency 911 call to Bill Clinton to come do the work for Obama ... I'm thinking one term.

If he learns the compromise game, he will be a two term president and a very successful one at that. Looks like Caribou Barbie is planning on running in 2012, which would guarantee Obama a second term.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Obama is clearly desperate and this move will only serve to further embarrass him and to tarnish his credibility. I must now liken their relationship to that of Putin (Clinton) and Medvedev (Obama). Puppet master and puppet.

This is the first time in my memory that I have seen anything like this in the presidential realm. Chalk up another first for Obama. It's one thing to have a closed door meeting with a former POTUS but this was very odd. I almost get the feeling that Obama just has the WTF/I don't care attitude these days. He lacks the fortitude to stand up to his critics which are now on his left and right. He made the best decision on tax cuts that he possibly could at the moment. Time to man up. I will say that Obama actually felt the pulse of the nation for the first time prior to making this decision.

Not to stray off topic but, I find it rather amusing to hear the dems that oppose this new tax measure, cry foul. They are accusing Obama of moving on this without consulting dems. and meeting behind closed doors and caving to republicans. Funny indeed. Reminds me of the utter lockout of reps. by dems. when Obamacare was in the making.

Anyway, what a strange move for Obama. At least he could of stepped back while Clinton spoke and then closed the presser by himself. Wow! I've got to watch this again.
edit on 11-12-2010 by jibeho because: clarity

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

"Anyway, what a strange move for Obama. At least he could of stepped back while Clinton spoke and then closed the presser by himself. Wow! I've got to watch this again."

I saw this on the news last night. From what I understand, Obama had to go because Michelle was waiting for him and I guess he was afraid to make her late. I think he said they were getting ready for vacation or something. I really enjoyed listening to Clinton, though. I know a lot of people don't like him, but I did like hearing him.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by SaturnFX
1 and 2

Do you think Clinton was king or something?
Umm.....You do realize that Congress has the power & controls the money and writes the legislation right? And who was in control of Congress at the time? Hint: It was not the dem's.

I've heard this arguement before and it has no basis for it. The Republicans did control congress but they did not do anything really that contributed to the economy. Much of the 90's consisted of Bill Clinton blocking attempts by republicans to get their bills through, there was often a lockdown in Washington. The economy became positive because Clinton actually raised taxes and added some addition ones, in particular he increased the corporate tax rate from 31% to 35% before the Republicans took majority.

The only achievement the Republicans in congress could point to that time was their success in getting Clinton to pass the 1997 tax relief bill. What followed was the beginning of the millenium recession in 2000. You see, many people on here including yourself talk about the Republicans in congress during the 90's yet you never seem to explain exactly what they did to indicate this. They certainly didn't increase all those taxes on the wealthy that Clinton did.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Oh hun ... the fact is that obama looked like he was totally inept (and he is) and had to bring in someone who actually knows what he's doing (Bill Clinton) and then Obama ran off to get his free champagne and left Bill Clinton to chat-it-up. Clinton knows what he's talking about. Obviously Obama doesn't... and he doesn't care. He's in over his head and he made that 3AM 911 call to the Clintons, just like in a Saturday Night Live skit.

Originally posted by maybee
Obama had to go because Michelle was waiting for him and I guess he was afraid to make her late. I think he said they were getting ready for vacation or something.

Good guess... but he had to go get ready for a party.

He didn't want to miss all that tax payer paid free champagne.
It was a freak'n bizarre thing to do.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by whatukno

Good guess... but he had to go get ready for a party.

He didn't want to miss all that tax payer paid free champagne.
It was a freak'n bizarre thing to do.

Oh, So Obama was like basically saying, "Dude, I need a drink, my wife's going to be mad if I'm late for the party. I'm out of here. Can you take over?"
It was rather comforting listening to Clinton, though. Don't you think?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I watched it, and was amazed.
He's got the swagger, he's got the look, but for a JC Penny mens suit catalog model, not of a president.
Bill, George, Barry, they all play for the same team, they all were quarterbacks.
Out of the 3, Bill did it best.
He ran his field,
Cheney ran George's game,
and after stumbling, dropping the ball, interceptions, short passes, Barry sat on the bench for a few plays while Bill moved the ball down field.
I see a trend coming,
Governance by presidential committee.
I've got zero confidence in this boy.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Like him or not, the office of President should garner a certain amount of respect both by those he leads and by himself. Yesterday, he disrespected the role that the President serves by relinquishing his authority to another. In another setting, this would not necessarily have been the case. But, when done in an official White House press conference. the President should always be in charge. To make matters worse, Bill Clinton appeared much more presidential that Obama did.

As commander and chief you simply cannot afford to operate from a position of weakness, or perceived weakness. When The Leader of the country abdicates his role to the former President he is sending a message that he is in over his head. Whether you believe this is what he did or not doesn't matter. The fact is that within the halls of power and public opinion, that is the perception of what happened. His party was already beginning to lash out against him, and showing signs of weakness will only encourage further dissent.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

It just felt so strange to me, with the seal behind him and all the clicking of the press cameras. How about the first question beginning with "Mr. President..."? Now, that one just takes the whole damn weird-cake! We all know that former Presidents are still addressed with the 'President' title. But, come on! Who doesn't think that was just a tad weird? I mean, couldn't the reporter have thrown in a 'Former'; just out of respect? Especially since he IS in Obama's house.

I liken it to addressing the 'former' husband as 'husband' when he comes to the home to pick up the kids, for their weekend visit. Especially with the current husband still in the room. I mean, it can't be comfortable for anyone within earshot. (IMHO - At least this is the scene that popped into my head)

I did have to watch it a couple of times, that 53 second video was just eerily interesting. Fascinating in a 'train-wreck' kind of way.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

All former presidents are referred to as Mr. President. It's a courtesy.

Nothing weird at all about that. You would refer to George HW Bush, George Bush, Jimmy Carter as Mr. President.

It's a manners and decorum thing.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

and numberous tax credits allowing Chinese ventures to locate in the USA instead of shipping products to the USA.... his unique way of baffling us with BS is not appreciated by myself...

Clinton was President from 1993 to 2001. Everyone Likes him and thinks he is a great guy.

What everyone seems to forget is Clinton was president when he had Dan Amstutz as a Trade Negotiator for the USA. Amstutz was VP of Cargill (Grain trader) and wrote the World Trade Organization Agreement on Agriculture. Robert Shapiro CEO of Monsanto was Clinton's Senior Trade Advisor when Clinton ratified the World Trade Organization. Clinton was president in 1996 when the USA switched from government oversight of food producing corporations to HACCP regs. The new regs allowed corporations to police themselves and government inspectors were relegated to checking paperwork instead of taking samples. (Government testing labs were also closed) ENTER Food borne illness leading to S-510.

Amstutz also wrote the "Freedom to Farm Act" in 1996. This lead to major over production of grain. Cargill gleefully bought up the surplus at bargain basement prices sold it at below production costs in third world countries bankrupting third world farmers. Mexico lost 75% of her farmers.

Billy even said he was sorry and he did it for HIS farmers. WHAT A WHOPPER!
US farmers also went bankrupt and the act became known as "Freedom to FAIL Act" as Congress step in to save what was left of US farmers. So who won big???

We then got the "Biofuels Act" of 2006. It sucked up the surplus grain in the US. It completely wiped out our surplus grain stores, causing soaring grain prices, food riots and starvation in the third world countries in 2008. Monsanto and Cargill, in a year of recession, posted record earnings. Now we know who won big.

The World Trade Organization did not only effect farmers. 2 million American jobs were shipped overseas, our borders were opened to allow products in WITHOUT QUARANTINE. Statistics (courtesy of Bridgewater) showed in 1990, before WTO was ratified, Foreign ownership of U.S. assets amounted to 33% of U.S. GDP. By 2002 this had increased to over 70% of U.S. GDP. www.fame.org...

Economic crash and foreclosures:
Bill Clinton wrecked the economy beyond repair on November 2 ,1999 with the repeal of Glass-Stegall, via the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act that he signed into law. It tore down the wall between investment banks and S&Ls. Barney Frank (D-Mass) also has his fingerprints all over this mess with the passage of the Community Reinvestment Act which required lenders to make risky loans to low-income minorities to purchase housing.

AMY GOODMAN: Many view the massive losses at AIG as the result of corporate greed combined with lax government oversight and regulation. But in a new article in Rolling Stone Magazine that takes an in-depth look at the AIG story,[bank bailouts] journalist Matt Taibbi writes the financial crisis and the bailout that followed, quote, "cemented and formalized a political trend that has been snowballing for decades: the gradual takeover of the government by a small class of connected insiders, who used money to control elections, buy influence and systematically weaken financial regulations."...

MATT TAIBBI: In the Commodity Futures Modernization Act in the year 2000, they specifically exempted credit default swaps from being treated as gaming under any state laws. And they had to do that, because they were afraid that they were going to be regulated by, you know, state gaming agencies. www.democracynow.org...

This is how the Commodity Futures Modernization Act and the AIG bailout fueled the foreclosure crises:

“Simply put,” says Parker, “the government bailout of AIG has actually encouraged foreclosures because the taxpayers continue to fill AIG’s coffers with enough cash to pay out insurance on defaulted home loans.”

...CDS premium revenue is not restricted to those who might have actual losses or real assets to protect. You can bet as much as you want and create as many CDS as you want.... www.realtytrac.com...

In other words there may be more than one CDS on a mortgage and therefore it is much more profitable to collect the multiple payoffs than to refinance the mortgage. The Obama Loan Modification Program plays right into the Banksters hands. At the start of the process the payments are lowered. The banks lose the paperwork, put you on hold for hours, hang up and proceed to drag the process out for months and months. Finally after a year or more you are told your do not "qualify" and the bank hands you a HUGE bill with back due payments, penalties, interest AND megabucks in Lawyer fees. You are given one month to come up with thousands of dollars. The Banks who are in complete control of the process make sure those loans with lots of CDSs attached get foreclosed on. (Been there, done that)

Here is something else the World Trade Organization is up to:

Up for grabs at the negotiating table is worldwide privatization and deregulation of public energy and water utilities, postal services, higher education and state alcohol distribution controls; a new right for foreign firms to obtain U.S. Small Business Administration loans; elimination of a list of specific U.S. state laws about land use, professional licensing and consumer protections, and extreme deregulation of private-sector service industries such as insurance, banking, mutual funds and securities. www.commondreams.org...

THANK YOU Bill Clinton for wrecking the USA and handing it over to China!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Clinton was President from 1993 to 2001. Everyone Likes him and thinks he is a great guy

Man i absolutely hated Clinton while he was in office but i know that it was only because of my political bias.
Around 5-6 years ago, i remember seeing him in the news for hurricane relief or something and thought, wow you know, i really miss that guy
He knew how to have fun and still get a job done.

However, it was under his Admin that the Feds really began to get out of control under Janet (The Butch) Reno,
Mt Carmel, Ruby Ridge.
Reno kind of reminds me of Janet Napalitono (sp)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I gotta go with Wukky on this one. I don't see the big deal. Obama has called on the Clintons several times to show support for his policies and decisions. And he's not known for following procedure and keeping with the status quo. He's known for doing things a bit differently and taking the flak.

Obama must be doing all right if people spend so much time and energy inspecting his every move to see signs of some sort of trouble. I just don't get it. This stuff is so unimportant in the scheme of things.

So, he asked Bill to handle some questions in the press... It was an impromptu thing and he left for a party... Clinton was more than willing to stay and talk to the press... That's it.

People are reading WAY more into this than is there. Of course, they've been doing that since Obama was elected.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
the fact is that obama looked like he was totally inept (and he is)

Some people see Obama as inept no matter WHAT is happening, And for those people, Of COURSE he looked inept. If you hate the man, everything he does is going to be an issue and will be criticized ferociously. This idea that he looked inept is a subjective opinion. He looked quite natural and 'ept' to many.
Besides, I'm sure many people loved hearing from Clinton almost as much as he loved being there.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Animatrix

You cannot stop a citizen from knowing what his Government is doing when they do it legally. Through intelligent means. And without breaking the laws. Research, cross-reference, and dig down deep, read, read, read, never crossing that certain line. Going To Your Public Library, Gathering Open Source Intelligence, and Surviving And above all, honor, no matter the cost, because certain costs are just too much.

I hate most, if not all politicians they are ALL Corporate Whores or they would not have made it into office. Unfortunately many seem to put the blinders on when it comes to the Democrats some how believing all the BS the bought and paid for propaganda machines spew about how the Democrats are for the "common Man" this allow the PTB to slip in the really awful bills that leater through amendment wipe-out small business and our freedoms al under the guise of "Social Progress"

And before you jump all over me take a good hard look at the "Government/Corporate Revolving door" It doesn't just apply to the Rebooblicans!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'm wondering if there wasn't some previous behind-the-scene deal that caused Obama to behave the way he did. Maybe Clinton's motive was more damage control for Hillary than anything so some type of pressure was put on Obama to act the way he did and make Clinton look so good.

TFN

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthFreedomNow

Or maybe Obama just wants to say... Look! My bestest buddy is none other than Bill Clinton - the one you all love! Now, if you love him so much and he is my bud, you can safely love me, too! See? Me and Bill... we be mates!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I post the following for whatever it is worth. Apparently, if this ex-White House adviser is to be believed, leaving meetings, and putting others in charge, is quite common for Mr. Obama:

Apparently, this blogger, Ulsterman from Washington, interviewed a former White House Insider who left the White House recently. The interview was conducted under conditions of anonymity. You can read the transcript by clicking on the link. Apparently, this insider has made previous predictions of staff leaving the White House, due to dissatisfaction with Obama, and he has been accurate.

This former aide described that the President was diagnosed with severe depression and is being treated with medications. He also stated that his smoking habit is really out of control as well and is smoking more than a pack a day. The Insider also went on to detail that the President is not really interested in being President and is bored with the details of being an Executive; rather he seems to be mostly energized by his frequent campaigning.The Insider stated that frequently Mr. Obama leaves these boring meetings, and asks only for a summation. In another revelation about Obama, the insider said that he doesn't seem to have much "intellectual curiosity", but he is excited about sports. When he's off the teleprompter, he's a little slow. The insider said that many of the staff just don't get along and the First Couple have their own "issues." Remember in August when Michelle went to Spain, leaving Barry to celebrate his birthday with the boys? The insider testified that he/she had seen Obama having a temper tantrum.

Now, I am not a psychiatrist, but I do know that frequently a person with a bipolar condition is misdiagnosed as severely depressed. In fact, it seems to be one of the traits of many "charismatic" personalities. Obviously, many consider Mr. Obama to be charismatic. Unfortunately, the medication for severe depression is known to severely exacerbate the bipolar condition, known as its "paradoxical effect."

hubpages.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join