It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Important] TSA and Venereal Disease and YOU!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

All very good and well, but what does that post have to do with Venereal disease?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Urine is a bodily fluid.
Yeast infections are considered to be STD'S

edit on 21/11/10 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

Urine is a bodily fluid.
Yeast infections are considered to be STD'S

edit on 21/11/10 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

No one will be coming into contant with Urine...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
OP, I can't comment on your intentions because I've no way of knowing what they were, but your post, at best, is ill thought through.

You give no source in the OP for the statement you make, and you use only one obliquely related statistic which relates to STD's involving black women.

It is possible you may not have intended your OP to come across as racist - but since you single out only one group as an example, when there are literally hundreds of statistics available, those who criticise your post as racist sure do have grounds for doing so.

My thoughts re the wearing of gloves by the TSA personnel - if I were to be in a medical situation where medical personnel were carrying out a similar 'examination', would I expect them to wear clean gloves? Yes I would. So, if I ever did have to fly, I would insist on being searched by someone with clean gloves, although this might well get me arrested.

I think the STD example is a real stretch, though not impossible under certain circumstances, but as one poster has pointed out, IMO the MRSA example would be more of a concern for me personally.

But back to my original point. OP your post, though perhaps well meaning, lacks proper information and is inflammatory in the way it is presented. If you had taken more care with how this was presented I think you would find it would have been better received.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Can't hurt to ask for fresh gloves, basic common sense, why take the risk and be the first statistic?
I am pretty sure that things like crabs and lice can be transmitted pretty easy ...we know they touch your hair.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Wow gotta be one of the worst threads in history, ehehhehe cant even stop laughing

second line

third line

cough cough

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Yes. "Sexually" transmitted conditions can be spread through casual contact. Scabies (crab lice) are a primary concern in these TSA checkpoints.

You've got thousands of people from all over the world, carrying all kinds of conditions, diseases, bugs, and the TSA people rifle though their clothing, feel for weapons or contraband stuffed into the seams of over and undergarments, and now they grab genital areas during the "patdown."

If you don't travel via commercial aircraft much, there is no way to know just how much you are exposed to disease. Now, with the enhanced body searches, the risk goes up dramatically.

They make you take off your shoes! Human papilloma virus is easily spread on floors, especially tile floors. These TSA types stay in those areas for entire shifts and are not trained to manage the spread of disease. They do not understand the risk they face, and the risk they pose to the public.

Methicillin-resistant Staph is another HUGE concern. It is easily transmitted through casual contact, and can kill you.

Sticking our heads in the sand isn't going to help. No amount of government propaganda is going to change the FACT that these TSA protocols are going to facilitate the spread illness.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Related:

TSA pat-down leaves traveler covered in urine

A retired special education teacher on his way to a wedding in Orlando, Fla., said he was left humiliated, crying and covered with his own urine after an enhanced pat-down by TSA officers recently at Detroit Metropolitan Airport.

“I was absolutely humiliated, I couldn’t even speak,” said Thomas D. “Tom” Sawyer, 61, of Lansing, Mich.

Sawyer is a bladder cancer survivor who now wears a urostomy bag, which collects his urine from a stoma, or opening in his stomach. “I have to wear special clothes and in order to mount the bag I have to seal a wafer to my stomach and then attach the bag. If the seal is broken, urine can leak all over my body and clothes.”

*Also, TSA agents rifle through people's clothing. Often when returning from a short vacation people will pack their worn clothing and underwear to wash when they arrive at their residence. Underwear is exposed to various diseases. Those same gloves which touch the dirty infected stuff might touch your clean stuff or skin.

edit on 22-11-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by MMPI2
TSA agents touch genitals when they search passengers.

Do they actually touch genitals? Or, do they touch the clothing on top? Can you catch a disease from clothing?

Body lice and lice in general. Bedbugs. Scabies. Ringworm. Is there a need for any more examples?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
If this doesn't make people start asking for new gloves, I don't know what will:

Adult body lice are 2.3-3.6 mm in length. Body lice live and lay eggs on clothing and only move to the skin to feed.

Body lice are known to spread disease.

Body lice infestations (pediculosis) are spread most commonly by close person-to-person contact but are generally limited to persons who live under conditions of crowding and poor hygiene (for example, the homeless, refugees, etc.). Dogs, cats, and other pets do not play a role in the transmission of human lice.

Improved hygiene and access to regular changes of clean clothes is the only treatment needed for body lice infestations.

www.cdc.gov...

I know I want to be on that 18 hour long flight with no access to clean clothes after a TSA agent just fondled a not so clean person (PC interpretation) and then me.
edit on 22-11-2010 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by MMPI2

Here is a picture to go with those facts you just posted.

It will help people better visualize what you have just said - hopefully it will help motivate people to make the TSA worker change their gloves:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e518a707f15.jpg[/atsimg]

I just wanted to say that your claim that HIV can be transmitted in this manner is a lie. The fact that you feel the need to deceive people, which can only spread unwarranted fear, is quite telling. HIV transmission requires penetrative sex, injections, transfusions, or through breast milk. HIV cannot be transmitted by a glove between clothing like this. What exactly is your goal here?

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by Hefficide

WE DONT NEED A CITED CASE OF SOMEONE GETTING AN STD FROM THE TSA to know
that it is possible.

Actually, when you claim that HIV can be contracted through clothing you do. HIV requires an exchange of bodily fluid. You're either completely ignorant to this fact or you get your kicks spreading fear by lying to people.

edit on 22-11-2010 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

It is a very big stretch but it would be barely possible to transmit HIV ..if its skin contact - an open wound on two people where a cell or 2 of blood was transferred. Its way out for something like that to happen but heck the other stuff is plenty of reason to ask for fresh clean gloves.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
So wait, a massive stretch of an argument against the TSA is considered "wrong" and "fear mongering", yet these TSA searches which are based on the biggest stretch imaginable (the astronomical;y slight odds surrounding actually being killed in a terror attack in a plane) is OK and not pure fear mongering & government conditioning? How does this work?

This thread is about the spread of disease by pat-downs. This thread is NOT about the constitutionality of the searches or the odds that they will successfully identify a terrorist. So, it works by you not allowing your attention to drift to completely different issues that are irrelevant to the present discussion. If you want to protest the TSA searches, then do with valid legal and public policy considerations. It's not necessary to lie about the transmission of venereal diseases.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chett
reply to post by andrewh7

It is a very big stretch but it would be barely possible to transmit HIV ..if its skin contact - an open wound on two people where a cell or 2 of blood was transferred. Its way out for something like that to happen but heck the other stuff is plenty of reason to ask for fresh clean gloves.

Then go ahead and request a new pair of gloves. No one is stopping you. However, I don't understand why the OP has to lie to people by telling them they are going to catch HIV from a pat-down.

The OP argument is effectively against going out in public in general. If you can catch stuff through clothing somehow, then you'd be able to catch it sitting on the chairs in the airport or on the plane. You could catch it using a chair in a restaurant or a bus station. You could catch it using a public toilet.

So, if the OP is to be taken seriously, then you should sterilize every seat you plan to sit on that has ever been sat on by another person and you need to wear a diaper since public restrooms would surely spread any disease that can teleport through clothing to infect you. Finally, you can never shake hands with anyone.

If you're this concerned, you should probably get yourself a plastic bubble and live in a bomb shelter.
edit on 22-11-2010 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yes, you are 100% correct there are many STDs and bacteria and viruses that can be spread by these TSA goons. You MUST make a big scene at the airport, tell people the X-ray machines do cause cancer as the doctor from John Hopkins admitted and that the images are stored for a biometric police state. Tell everybody that you are now going to go through the Pat Down and that TSA is announcing "Opt Out!" to try to embarrass me to force the rest of you into the naked body scanners so some pervert in the next room can laugh at you.

Then tell them "Fight for your FREEDOM from TSA molestation of our wives and children" "Force the Pat Down!" They can't arrest you for free speech. Continue your public talk AS the goons are patting you down making sure to call attention to the entire process and OF COURSE MAKE them use a new set of gloves. All the time they are patting you down, recite the quote from Benjamin Franklin about those that give up Liberty for Security will get Neither!

I wish I needed to fly, I would love to get one of those cameras built into glasses to film the entire process. It wold go MEGA viral on Youtube for sure!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
We could make flying easier and more interesting if we would just fly NAKED!

No, seriously. It is time for someone to present a real solution.

I would advocate the airlines have each passenger to go into large rooms, separated by sex, with private stalls. Disrobe, except underware, and put on a disposible paper suit (coveralls) for the flight. Nothing could be carried onto the plane save for a paper bag they give you for your clothes. While in the changing room, inspectors, of the same sex, would be keeping track of those inside. They would not have to watch each move everyone made; someone trying to hide contriband could be easily detected.

At the end of the flight, passengers would repeat the changing of clothes and be on their way.

This may not be the best solution, but we have to find something better than what we now have.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Why are the TSA agents wearing gloves?
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Some more nitpicking by the masses.

Would you like to touch hundreds of peoples a day, who knows where they might have been, with your naked hands???
They wear the gloves for their own sanitary reasons. Clothes are dirty, people are dirty, they don't want their hands dirty.
Why try and make a conspiracy out of the fact that they wear gloves for hygenic reasons.

A glove is not a condom. They wear it on their hands, and it will not spread STD. That is a crazy and desperate leap of faith.
Why does the janitor wear gloves??? To keep his hands clean.

Vvv

but your argument also proves why they should change gloves every single time. If they wear gloves for sanitary reasons, they are smearing that unsanitary bacteria onto other passengers. I was at first thinking the thread title was a bit fear mongering, but it makes sense. Good job OP

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Someone commented that there would be less risk if the pat downs were done on clothed people versus direct contact with the skin. If you studied Microbiology (and I have) you would know that clothing is not a barrier to microbes. They are so small that they will move into the cloth and spread through the cloth fibers. Touching the cloth also means touching the microbes if the person has any.

Some common skin to skin contact diseases are as mentioned, Staphylococcus aureus, Flu, Common Cold, Conjunctivitis, Herpes, Ringworm, Human Papillomavirus (HPV), Impetigo and probably others (link: www.ehow.com... )

In the videos I've seen, the TSA agents do not change gloves, or even use hand sanitizers between "pat downs". So they are in effect vectors of disease transmission (i.e. they spread disease).

Kind of ironic that now the government is inadvertently conducting biological warfare on it's own citizens, for their "safety" of course. What happens if something like SARS comes around again, this virus is spread by contact as well being airborne, quote: "The primary way that SARS appears to spread is by close person-to-person contact.... Potential ways in which SARS can spread include touching the skin of other people or objects that are contaminated with infectious droplets and then touching your eye(s), nose, or mouth. " link: www.medicinenet.com...

The OP's concern is legitimate but not all STDs can be transmitted by skin to skin contact, but the list is already pretty bad.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Somebody earlier noted that, instead of complaining, someone should offer a plan to help out. Here is my plan:

1) The United States Federal government immediately cease and desist obvious and egregious violations of the Fourth Amendment rights of citizens under the U. S. Constitution.

2) States' Attorneys' General should examine these "enhanced patdowns" and the applicability of the following statutes to the TSA agents' behavior - child molestation, assault and battery, sexual assault, cruelty to children, child abuse, violations of state citizens with disabilty acts, and any other rules or laws that may have been breached.

3) Airlines should immediately begin working with El Al security experts in developing a profiling system similar to that used by the Israelis with very good effect.

4) Any current or former government official of the U. S. Government who is currently or has in the past invested in companies that have developed the "body scan" technologies (e.g., michael chertoff) should immediately be divested of those holdings, be removed from office, and prosecuted for insider trading.

5) TSA and Homeland Security Personnel should be personally liable for any damages, incidental or otherwise, that arise from these "enhanced patdowns" and "body scans".

How is this for a beginning? These people are not only exposing the flying public to numerous illnesses, they have effectively usurped human and civil rights by carrying out these actions.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

The amazing ignorance and blindness on this thread has prompted me to respond. There are numerous articles discussing TSA contact with bodily fluid including urine. Despite that, the fact is that TSA is wearing gloves for their protection and they are coming in contact with thousands of traveler's skin (not only clothing). How can you in good conscience suggest that all of the thousands of TSA agents never come in contact with the skin of other passengers? Any contact with skin, with hair, with prosthetics, and other medical devices including urostomy bags can lead to contact with disease including STD.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join