It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Important] TSA and Venereal Disease and YOU!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by Exuberant1

I don't care either way if I get patted down.

But you aren't a terrrist.

You should care.

*Anyhow, people should request that the TSA workers who are about to fondle/molest/search them to change their gloves.

It makes sense.
edit on 21-11-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Really. This thread is ridicoulsy wrong.

Did the OP make it as a PsyOp so when we do get searched by the TSA next time, we won't think it's that bad (because obviously one can't contract VD by being frisked)?

This is not to say the government isn't greatly out of order and profoundly abusing our Civil Rights.

But what's next?
The case of: Chicago TSA -vs- the immaculate conception and a child support suit?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Do they actually touch genitals? Or, do they touch the clothing on top? Can you catch a disease from clothing?

Go fly to a major city and find out.
Then please get back with us.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Do they actually touch genitals? Or, do they touch the clothing on top? Can you catch a disease from clothing?

Go fly to a major city and find out.
Then please get back with us.

They don't touch your genitals directly and your still wearing clothes....

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Looks like the OP's pathetic attempt at fear mongering has failed massively.

OP = 0
Sane ATS members = 1
edit on 21/11/10 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

edit on 21/11/10 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by MMPI2

Ah so it's name calling rather than actually proving anything of substance. I asked you to cite a single source showing a pat search leading to a person catching an STD and you did not or could not. Thanks for proving my point. You've been very helpful at keeping my scoreboard accurate.

~Heff

ETA: Pat searches through clothing are NOT a new phenomenon... Law enforcement, security, and even your local drug dealers have been doing these things for years. Surely you can find just one lawsuit awarding a settlement for causing a person to be infected from such practices... One? Anyone?

Man, Glen Beck has messed some folks up, but bad....
edit on 11/21/10 by Hefficide because: added

Are you going to tell me that pat downs do not spread scabies?

blog.tsa.gov/2009/04/two-scabies-cases-reported-at-boston.html

Ok. A link, which took me all of 30 seconds to find, is from the TSA's own blog. Scabies is a sexually transmitted condition, and the TSA acknowledges transmission of same at a busy metropolitan airport.

Once again, pal, you fail. You are not as smart and aware as you think.

Anyone putting their hands in another person's private areas is at risk for becoming a vector for all kinds of nasty bugs.

Does the news not reach you? Do you actually read any news sites?

These people come into contact with thousands of people daily, and their level of contact is absolutely unprecedented. Why do you not understand the risk here? Are you really that obtuse?

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40291856/ns/travel-news

They look into babies' diapers, old peoples' incontinence pads, behind sanitary napkins, around and in prosthetic devices and around ostomy wounds.

Do you know what these things are? Do you know what choliform organisms are? Have you ever heard of E. Coli? Do people actually have to get sick because of TSA's overreach before you give up this charade? Are lawsuits by the families of survivors of TSA disease vectors the only way you would abandon this crap you are so invested in?

The level of abstruse ignorance about these issues here on ATS is really remarkable. I'm thinking that you are here not to learn, but to argue. Sadly, you fail miserably when you are confronted by someone who actually knows what they are talking about.

Sad, people. You fail MISERABLY at even the most basic concepts and arguements.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Here is a picture to go with those facts you just posted.

It will help people better visualize what you have just said - hopefully it will help motivate people to make the TSA worker change their gloves:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e518a707f15.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by MMPI2

Here is a picture to go with those facts you just posted.

It will help people better visualize what you have just said - hopefully it will help motivate people to make the TSA worker change their gloves:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e518a707f15.jpg[/atsimg]

Hahahahahaha

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Would it be reasonable to ask the person patting (not molesting) you down to change out their gloves? Heck yes.

There are a number of skin conditions that could be transfered.

As a traveler, would I be that worried about it? No. They touch the clothes of a person, not the skin in most cases. Yea I can get scabies (maybe...) from a pat down, but I also can from getting on the bus, standing in line at walmart, or going to a concert.

It's clear what this thread is. A person that is trying to spread even more fear on this subject. If one feels that they should not be patted down they have every right to protest and demand a different way.

Don't expect everyone else to think the same way though, and don't start spreading dramatized fears.

If you can show me how herpes, gonorrhea or one of those can be transmitted because of a pat down, I'd be willing to listen. But unless someone has their "fluids" on their clothes, and you get probed by an agent that didn't change their gloves, you will not get an STD.

By all means, request they change gloves, that's fine. But don't spread fear for no reason.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

On, aren't you a ball of sunshine?

Let's look at what your links actually say...

TSA management at BOS was made aware of 8 suspected cases of scabies. TSA management immediately reached out to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Boston Public Health Commission and Massport. The Boston Public Health Commission informed TSA that only 2 of the 8 suspected cases were actually confirmed cases of scabies, and one of those cases was described as “mild.”

Health experts have continued to tell TSA that transmission to passengers is highly improbable given that prolonged skin to skin contact is required. Keep in mind, TSOs are required to wear gloves during the screening process while handling passengers’ belongings. You can always request that a TSO change gloves prior to a bag search or pat down.

Your source

Now you'll notice a few glaring facts about that article.

First... A source of infection was never stated. There is no statement that a TSA officer was infected during a search.

Second... The article does not state that scabies were transferred from any TSA official to any passenger.

Third... That blog article links to a news story that is 404'ed now.

Fourth... Googling "Scabies - TSA" does not bring up a SINGLE news story... only blogs and conspiracy sites. Hrm...

Oh, and linking to an article about a man pissing himself... apparently entertaining for you but what does this have to do with the TSA spreading STD's?

Originally posted by MMPI2

Once again, pal, you fail. You are not as smart and aware as you think

No, now my score is 2 to 0. And your need to insult and resort to underhanded tactics to make up for your lack of fact and substance is still going strong.

Anyone putting their hands in another person's private areas is at risk for becoming a vector for all kinds of nasty bugs.

So find me a single case of somebody catching VD from giving a pat search and I'll shut my mouth. Again, since cops pat search probably hundreds of thousands of people a day, it should be easy.

How about tailors?

Does the news not reach you? Do you actually read any news sites?

Funny, searching Google with the "news" option checked, I got this.

So, I am left to ask you... Do you know what "news" actually is?

These people come into contact with thousands of people daily, and their level of contact is absolutely unprecedented. Why do you not understand the risk here? Are you really that obtuse?

So, you believe that anyone who comes into casual contact with a few hundred people per day (be realistic... just do the math and you'll see where no screener could search thousand of people in a day) is somehow a modern day Typhoid Mary? Are you really that paranoid and ill informed?

They look into babies' diapers, old peoples' incontinence pads, behind sanitary napkins, around and in prosthetic devices and around ostomy wounds.

Do you have any evidence to back this up? Please show me a single factual instance of a TSA person digging in a sanitary napkin and I will not only eat my words... I will use this fact to get rich by being the first person to report it to the media.

Utter hogwash, assumption, and hyperbole otherwise.

Do you know what these things are? Do you know what choliform organisms are? Have you ever heard of E. Coli? Do people actually have to get sick because of TSA's overreach before you give up this charade? Are lawsuits by the families of survivors of TSA disease vectors the only way you would abandon this crap you are so invested in?

See the above statements about hyperbole... Proof of a single case of what you are saying here is kind of necessary before we load the guns, hire the lawyers, and start the killing... don't you think? Oh wait, no... Logic isn't necessary for hyperbole. I forgot.

The level of abstruse ignorance about these issues here on ATS is really remarkable. I'm thinking that you are here not to learn, but to argue. Sadly, you fail miserably when you are confronted by someone who actually knows what they are talking about.

Sad, people. You fail MISERABLY at even the most basic concepts and arguements.

Apparently your opinion of your own intellect by far and away exceeds the reality of it. But hey, don't take it too badly... It seems that buying into whatever crap happens to be flying on any given day, and then blindly posting in support of it seems to be all the rage these days.

Again, a ton of BS and a few insults thrown in without a single supporting fact. Sad... Sad.

~Heff

edit on 11/21/10 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Once again, the naysayers have failed like the intellectual children they are.

It took me 30 seconds to find the link establishing the connection between scabies transmission and TSA workers handling peoples privates, clothing and other belongings.

It is still being denied by lightweights, even though the news article is right there on the TSA's own blog.

I know it is hard to accept defeat, but you guys have been defeated and you owe the OP an apology for your hostility and anti-intellectualism.

The "patdown" process has been in effect for about 10 days, and already there is documentation of parasite transmission, in addition to agents spreading body fluids from other passengers around in an area where they force us to walk without shoes on.

Do you really need someone to connect the dots from you with a crayon to see that people in close proximity spread germs, and that the spread is facilitated by groping/fondling in the private areas, and that the problem will worsen with the passage of time?

Just wait until the next flu pandemic that spreads from asia via air traffic.

Again, you owe the OP an apology. Also, you may want to re-evaluate your hygiene practices if your attitude toward this very important topic is an indication of how well you take care of yourself and your family.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Now really, the mud slinging isn't even creative, fun, or accurate. Please up your game because you are just making yourself look bad.

Or are you now in the "If I spout BS over and over again it will make it true" mode?

You have not proven a single thing, answered or sourced a single fact, nor represented anything at all based in reality - and yet you continue to claim that you have the superior position here. Frankly a learning disabled rock could see that you've dug a hole that you cannot possibly climb your way out of.

So, again, do you care to address any of the facts I have posted, or do you simply want to keep saying "You lose" over and over again, scattered with insults, and avoiding any and all calls for logic?

The burden of proof falls to the claimant. And here, other than a link to a blog that cites no facts, and a picture doctored with a few MS Paint "opinions" nothing has been offered that is compelling, much less that could be called proof.

Do you take the challenge to validate your claims or will you continue to hide behind cowardly attacks and rhetoric?

~Heff

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

If I can get scabies from a TSA worker patty down a dirty person, I can get it from sitting in the same seat as the dirty passenger on the next flight.

This is BS fear mongering at its best.

And lets not ignore the fact that the TSA's own blog (which you use as proof for your claim) says nothing about the scabies being spread via a TSA worker. The scabies could have been picked up via any cloth surface, even possibly if someones suitcase was set down in the same place as another persons. Or if their suitcases were touching. There is no evidence that says TSA worker spread it to a passenger.
edit on 11/21/2010 by iamsupermanv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

dude your ridiculous, give it up!

Hes just trying to get people to be safe.

WE DONT NEED A CITED CASE OF SOMEONE GETTING AN STD FROM THE TSA to know
that it is possible.

since attempting to save face is so important to you, stop posting in the thread

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by Hefficide

dude your ridiculous, give it up!

It's "Dude, you're ridiculous, give it up!"

Hes just trying to get people to be safe.

I've no problem with wanting people to be safe. In fact I have no problem with the OP simply saying "Hey, ask the agents for new gloves before they search you.

What I DO have issues with is hyperbole, misleading statements, ignorance of facts, and knee jerk reactions based upon supposition, fear mongering, and ignorance. This is why I have asked OVER AND OVER AND OVER for somebody to provide a SINGLE LINK to ANY case of venereal infection being caused by pat search. I have stated that I will happily shut my mouth if this occurs.

And yet, instead of shutting me up, all people seem to do is to continue to throw around insults and ignorance. So since you've joined the party, I add you to the "put up or shut up" challenge... Find me just ONE documented case and I'll shut up.

WE DONT NEED A CITED CASE OF SOMEONE GETTING AN STD FROM THE TSA to know
that it is possible.

How can you state that something is possible when not a single documented case of it happening can be produced? Find ONE EXAMPLE OF A PAT SEARCH LEADING TO A VENEREAL INFECTION... Have I said that enough? Is anyone actually dealing in facts here or are we all just mindless zombies chanting "The TSA iz bad..."

since attempting to save face is so important to you, stop posting in the thread

I don't give a crap about "face" but I do get highly irritated with stupidity. And as far as not posting here goes, until you have the power to keep me from posting maybe you should just get used to a painful fact...

People who don't agree with you have the right to do so here. Don't like it, start your own site and ban me. Otherwise... Cope.

~Heff
edit on 11/21/10 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
So wait, a massive stretch of an argument against the TSA is considered "wrong" and "fear mongering", yet these TSA searches which are based on the biggest stretch imaginable (the astronomical;y slight odds surrounding actually being killed in a terror attack in a plane) is OK and not pure fear mongering & government conditioning? How does this work?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
And OP, I do apologize if my tone has not been cordial. I think I have TSA thread overload right now and patience is wearing thin for me...

Again, to restate it directly to you. I do agree that asking a TSA screener to put on new gloves is a reasonable request to make. If not for disease control, certainly for hygienic interests.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Never said the other wasn't

Let's face the facts for this situation: The OP posted a thread saying the TSA can pass on VENEREAL DISEASES via pat downs. That would mean they would have to pass bodily fluids from one passenger to another.

OP, as well as other people who "Believe" this have failed to provide any evidence. He has "hoaxed" us if you would.

Because one feels the TSA is wrong in everything they do does not mean they can spread falsities about them. Not to mention when presented with facts on this subject, they come back with hyperbole and attacks.

Here's the facts that concern this thread:

You can't catch a venereal disease via a routine pat down.

Come on, Moderator. You're in that position for a reason.You may not like the TSA, but there is no evidence to support this thread.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
So wait, a massive stretch of an argument against the TSA is considered "wrong" and "fear mongering", yet these TSA searches which are based on the biggest stretch imaginable (the astronomical;y slight odds surrounding actually being killed in a terror attack in a plane) is OK and not pure fear mongering & government conditioning? How does this work?

Without agreeing with your assessment of the TSA here, I will state that one wrong does not justify another. If the TSA's policies are found to be excessive, then surely this will be overcome with sound reason and principle, and not because of hyperbole or exaggeration.

Yes, creating an unnecessary level of panic (A panic that is apparent by the sheer number of TSA threads over the last three days) based upon misleading facts or supposition is a complete negative. One does not yell "fire" in a crowded theater, even if there is an actual fire. So, let's figure out what the smoke actually means here and then proceed in an orderly and rational manner. Agreed?

~Heff

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join