It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Invades Central Gaza

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seed76
reply to post by Tholidor

The only way to rid the middle east of terrorists is to nuke Tel Aviv..that would do the job nicely!

And who exactly will do that???

Any one with a sense of fair play?
Maybe thats why Obama is visiting India - to make them an offer..LOL

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Culdeeson
reply to post by RMFX1

Spot on Jesus! And you would know!

Haha, I'm not Jesus, and I'm certainly not religious. I would have thought that my avatar was a dead give away to that fact.

This isn't about Jesus or religion. It's about innocent people that can barely fight back being terrorised by a world power. I'd shoot rockets and throw rocks at them too if I had to live in fear of them day after day.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

Israel is a conquering power! It has displaced Palestinians and caused havoc in the region since the cessation of the second world war! You would think that given their history, that they would be more sympathetic towards their neighbours! But alas, No! After so much suffering, Why do they subject a people to the same treatment that was meted out on themselves? Israeli apologists who comment on this site, always hearken on about terrorists! Palestinian terrorists are terrible people, and I am in no way defending them... However, Menachim Begin was himself a terrorist, responsible for the King David's Hotel attack, which wiped out half a dozen british soldiers! Why can't they work towards stability and peace in the region, instead of bigotry and disharmony..... It ain't rocket science after all!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

I think that we need to be honest and fair when it comes to issues such as this. I have never seen any evidence to suggest that Israel belongs to the Jewish people other than biblical claims. On the other hand, there is evidence to suggest that the Jewish leadership played a very contrived political game to take Israel from the Palestinians.

It is suggested that the "Jewish state" was formed when the Khazar people adopted Judaism as their state religion. They were a nomadic people that originated in and around Russia. From that originated the "Jewish state" we have today.

The political game began in 1917 with the Balfour Declaration. This was a policy decision by the British government to aid the Jews in taking over Israel's land. The British governments involvement came with a few caveats, but most importantly they did not want to disturb or create unrest within the Palestinian state.

Foreign Office, November 2nd, 1917. Dear Lord Rothschild, I have much pleasure in conveying to you, on behalf of His Majesty's Government, the following declaration of sympathy with Jewish Zionist aspirations which has been submitted to, and approved by, the Cabinet: "His Majesty's Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country". I should be grateful if you would bring this declaration to the knowledge of the Zionist Federation. Yours sincerely Arthur James Balfour

This was a declaration by the government to help the Jews gain control of Israel, IF the Jews could get the US into the first World War. If you do some research, the US was pro Germany and was not involved in the war until Britain and the US Jewish lobby pushed the US to get involved.

Lets also not forget that Muslims and Americans protested AGAINST this at the time. The US was not in favor of a Jewish state, especially one taken from the Palestinians.

That all leads up to the war of 1948 in which the Jews demanded that Britain complete it's agreement to take Israel in exchange for the services the Jews had provided. It was all down hill from there. The UN passed resolutions that gave the "legal" right to take the land. All of this was done by an intelligent Jewish lobby. The Palestinians had no chance.

I could keep going on and on, but I bet it is futile. I implore you to look into the situation a bit more before you decide that you know more than anyone else. This situation is not black and white as you make it seem.

Also, what does Iran have to do with this? Is there fact to back that up or is it a political statement?

1948 war
Balfour Dec.
Khazars-Possible Orgins of the "Jewish state"
edit on 4-11-2010 by sheepslayer247 because: grammer

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Anam Gra

You'll know all about oppression and dehumanisation being located where you are!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Also, what does Iran have to do with this?

We all know they fund, arm & train the Hamas terrorists.

Please use think below to educate yourself a little. Something to get you started. Cheers

www.google.com.au... btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

In all fairness, I will surely read the link provided. While I do so, could you please comment on the information I provided. Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Sorry Jesus! I just kind of thought you looked a bit holy!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

could you please comment on the information I provided. Thanks in advance.

No worries as you asked in a friendly way. I believe you answered this yourself in your post & that is why I did not need to comment.

You state

to suggest that Israel belongs to the Jewish people other than biblical claims.

and then later

The UN passed resolutions that gave the "legal" right to take the land. All of this was done by an intelligent Jewish lobby. The Palestinians had no chance.

You just proved the legal justification to the land. Whether this was done morally or ethically is another issue you asked about legality. There you have it! Legal. Right or wrong it is legal

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by Sahabi

Kick me out of my house, harass me at checkpoints, refuse me citizenship in my ancestral homeland, and bulldoze my olive farm and I'll show you what terror really is.

Ancestral homeland? Did Israel invade Saudi Arabia? If they did, that's a ballsy move, I can tell you! I can't wait to see how this plays out!

/TOA

Hello old American. Haven't talked to you since your intro thread, how's your time as a member coming along?

What does Saudi Arabia have to do with the Zionist vs Palestinian conflict?
Arabs do not only come from Saudi Arabia, and the Palestinians are not merely Saudi immigrants, if this is what you were implying. Check out this thread, we had a brief conversation about Palestinian origins, however, the title is misleading:
The Palestinians are descendants of the ancient Israelites

The Arab and Hebrew people were once brothers, then cousins, then hostile enemies. They all come from the same father (patriarch).

God told the Hebrew people to go into the Land of Milk and Honey.... to murder and commit genocide without remorse. "God" told the Hebrews to slaughter every native man, women, and child of the Promise Land. The Hebrews tried then, and now the zionists are trying again. That's how this all started.... that damned "god" of the old testament.

Eye for an eye is understandable. But when a "god" openly says to commit full-scale genocide... that "god" can kiss my a$#.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Ok, what gave the UN the right to declare Israel as Jewish land?

The word legal was in "" to bring to question whether it was legal at all.

edit on 4-11-2010 by sheepslayer247 because: add comment

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I don't think the UN has anything to do with Isreal winning its sovernty.
Following the 1948 Israeli-Arab War, Israeli law was enacted within the Green Line, as defined in the 1949 Armistice Agreements. Following their internationally unrecognized annexation in 1980-81, Israeli law was extended to East Jerusalem and the Golan Heights, although most Arabs in these areas have declined Israeli citizenship. Citizens of the State of Israel also live in Israeli settlements in the West Bank
The State of Israel (Hebrew: מדינת ישראל‎, Medinat Yisrael) was established on May 14, 1948 after nearly two thousand years of Jewish dispersal, and after 55 years of efforts to create a Jewish homeland
en.wikipedia.org...

It's called the history OF ISRAEL, ISRAEL has owned this land forever....

Don't mix you social-marxist views with TRUE HISTORY you schmucks

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
These peoples have been fighting for thousands of years, I'm sick of hearing about it, start a war and finish the job, OK. Mass inilation. Even if one side won, you would find something else to fight about. POWER and GREED seem to be the top of the pick, so go finish off the power struggle there, OK. It's not about religion, so don't even go there. Oh, and by the way. It is not the poors fault either, it's the greedy that is who take away from the poor at fault here.
edit on 4-11-2010 by nite owl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Please refer to my post above with the information regarding the Jewish state. Where is the evidence that Israel was "owned" by the Jews. Israel has always been Israel, but who occupied it first? The information above suggests that the Jews were not the original occupiers.

I also don;t see what Marxism has to do with a spirited debate. What a sec....Was is not the Jews that were ousted from Germany because they were Communists?

Commie Jews

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

It was legal. What else can I can say. I don't believe this can be debated. They won it legally! Moral & ethical high ground cannot change this. It is not as though an appeal to a court can be lodged. The statutory life would have passed!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Ahh, my point exactly. Thank you. A political body decided who's land it was. Still does not prove whether or not the Jews were in Israel before the Palestinians. That being the case, how can we give the Jews the free pass while we condemn the Palestinians to die?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
GREED, is a poison in ones mind. It clouds thy judgement and hinders one blind to the world around them. Open your mind, listen to people and achieve a greatness of helping others. This reward above all others is trully a gift. Now seek out thy, and be warm at heart.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Here is an interesting read ...

desertpeace.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

You missed my point. It's not about who was there first. It's who has legally got it! No "What if's" or History or who was there first. They mean nothing! Yes a "A political body" as you put it made the decision but it is legal. You lose this argument as the Jews might not be morally entitled to the land but legally they are!. This body made a legally binding decision! There is nothing you or me can say or do can change this!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I will let that statement stand on its own. It says more than you know.

Thank you for letting me converse with you and peace be with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join