It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young People of ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nicolee123nd

Oh, it's nothing to worry about. Those young people that are interested in such things will likely find ATS at some point if they do enough research. ATS is the 1st result when typing in "Conspiracy Forum" and the 6th when typing "Conspiracy" on Google, lol.

I am not trying to flatter you or anything of the sort ... but most kids your age can't even properly formulate a grammatically correct sentence. Consider yourself an exception.
edit on 22-10-2010 by Nurv47 because: None of your business! GOSH!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurv47

I am not trying to flatter you or anything of the sort ... but most kids your age can't even properly formulate a grammatically correct sentence. Consider yourself an exception.

Children know how to formulate grammatically correct sentences at least by the age of 7-8, hell even lower.

They learn it at school, you know?
edit on 22-10-2010 by BlackPoison94 because: she is getting annoyed now.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Oh, okay ... I'll bite. Not that your response is completely off-topic and that it has nothing to do with the OP or anything.

You must be new to the internet. Visited Youtube recently? What about Yahoo Answers? Many younger people (and many "older" people) on the internet DO NOT form proper sentences, paragraphs ect. and regardless of ignorance or choice. Obviously that is not true of EVERY young person. It's a generalization. Deal with it.

Now to get back on-topic ... younger people are getting more and more involved with every aspect of our society. I am sure that as time passes more and more young people will join ATS ... for better or worse.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
I disagree. You are saying that I, like many others do not have the maturity to participate in ATS conversations? I'm sorry, but I fully disagree.

No, that is not what I said, nor what I am saying. What I said was a level of maturity "that MOST teenagers simply do not possess."
You are saying that most teenagers have and also exhibit the level of maturity that yourself and the other younger members of ATS portray? I'm sorry, but I fully disagree.
Y'all are the exceptions, rather than the rule.
Y'all exhibit a level of maturity that a large percentage of adults on this site don't even portray.
Most teenagers as a whole, and when I say whole, I mean it globally, don't have a clue that ATS exists, nor would it likely make a difference if they did.
There are over 6 billion souls on this planet, which means that only 5 billion, 9 hundred and 99 million of them, give or take a hundy-thou, are even aware of ATS.
And all of us on ATS are the exception, rather than the rule.

I'm also not aware of anyone implying that you are not allowed on these boards, least of all, myself.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
You would actually be suprised the amount of teenagers that actually have some interest in the world. Me being one of them. Alot of them are too wrapped up in there own worlds to care about anything, but i dont blame them with the amount of cr.ap they are bombarded with by the media and the like.
A variety of ages is a very good thing, the people of my generation bring in new concepts of thinking that older generations may not have been exposed too, and the older generations have wisdom. lol
Either way, it would not suprise me to see more teenagers here.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurv47

Oh, okay ... I'll bite. Not that your response is completely off-topic and that it has nothing to do with the OP or anything.

Actually, my first response was, shown below:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
But I'd like to now change a lot of what I wrote..I was writing that in anger.

You must be new to the internet. Visited Youtube recently? What about Yahoo Answers? Many younger people (and many "older" people) on the internet DO NOT form proper sentences, paragraphs ect. and regardless of ignorance or choice. Obviously that is not true of EVERY young person. It's a generalization. Deal with it.

Not really new, been on it for 8 years XD
People write in "slang...not grammatically" not because they don't know how to but because some of them, want to look "cool." It's pathetic in my opinion. There are even some adults on ATS who e.g. generalise 'you' to 'u.' It happens all over the age range.

reply to post by WashMoreFeet

Ah...I apologise fully then. That's my fault.
Sometimes I go over the top whenever there is a topic like this...
We may be the exceptions but I'm sure that there are many, many more out there who would XD

edit on 22-10-2010 by BlackPoison94 because: 'cause she was stupid.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Yes you can disagree with me, I have also disagreed with myself. My second post in this thread was a retraction and apology.

Originally posted by GetRadNZ

I am a young ATSer at the age of 16.
But I find that age doesn't account for knowledge. I know a lot of people older then me, that know, much, much less.

edit on 22-10-2010 by GetRadNZ because: (no reason given)

Hello GetRadNZ. Please allow me to share my experience if you have time.

My father, his siblings, and my grandmother are first generation immigrants to America. They come from Laos. The country has a horrible education system. My family, before coming to America, were "village folk."

While growing up in America, I felt proud above my family. I knew Calculus, Trigonometry, Chemistry, Physics, and my family did not. I kept in the back of my head that I was smarter than my family.

As I got older, my mentality changed. I learned that lack of proper education doesn't make a person stupid. I learned that higher education does not make one superior. Stupidity makes stupid. What's important is how one lives life and how they interact with their world and the people they encounter. Information and knowledge are just a thing to be gathered. What gives true power to knowledge and information is how the knowledge is implemented, not how much is gathered.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Well... I am what most of you would consider an 'old guy.'

How old?

to paraphrase an 'old' movie....

"For a peach, I am very old, for a head of cabbage, I am older still..., for a mountain I have not yet begun in years... but for a man, I am just the right age."

And right off the bat I will tell you... I wish there were more young people here...

Many of my 'peers' hate it when I remind them of one very important fact. They claim that this is the way things are...'it is what it is'.... and "this will never change."

Then I tell them "No.... it will change no matter what" and they look at me defiantly and ask "why?"

My response; "Because you, and the people like you who make things this way, and keep things this way are going to die eventually!"

Young people will have the unenviable task of correcting the misconceptions and biases of people who want things to remain the same. But so many are disconnected from anything outside social glamor and the sweet rush of adrenalin that I see most getting a late start. Those of you who will take the time to look and listen will be much better armed to think clearly, and recognize the difference between what is and what should be.

My peers don't listen to me as much as I would like. But yours may. I have that hope for the future. Stick around. Sometimes it's hard and boring... but in the end you get to see all the ways my generation and generations past deluded themselves, or simply 'chose' to ignore whats right, because it wasn't politically expedient.

All we ask at ATS is that you recognize one simple operating principle - disrespect is NO substitute for reason.

edit on 22-10-2010 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Yes, I agree. Knowledge does not make someone superior. I believe we here on earth are all equal, we all have the same abilities, just some people are more skilled, in these abilities.

But that doesn't make them superior by any means. I don't like the fact that some people on this thread believe that people like me, teen agers, don't have the level of maturity to discuss the topics mentioned. Most of the troubles here on Earth are caused by Immature decisions made by the older class, teenagers didn't start the war in Iraq, teenagers don't drink and drive as much as the adult population, I think it's unfair that some of the people on these forums think we are not mature enough.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GetRadNZ

Very valid points about the major problems of the world being the work of adults! Have you watched or read this speech? At the U.N. this young girl sends out a very passionate wakeup call to these adults. Just felt it correlated with your post.

But don't get trapped in resenting or blaming everything on the adults of yester and today. When you "youngsters" become aware of cause and consequence, it's then your duty to shape life and the world along with the adults. Age aside, we're all human.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Yeah I've heard that speech, it's very moving.
I agree with every single thing she says. It's very well written.
I understand that the young people of today will one day run the earth, but we we still have to control the problems the people before us have caused. I am in no way blaming every trouble on the older generations, I know we cause a lot of trouble as well, it may not be as as serious though.

I'm worried about the future of the Earth, I don't think think it can handle our torment for too much longer. I think that religion is the main cause of most dispute. Flame me if you wish, It's my belief, I'm entitled to it.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I've followed a few different religions, philosophies, and thoughts. I've discovered that there really is something there. Each different belief I've followed, they all lead me to the same spiritual end destination. Some sort of Peace... Unity... Power... I still don't know what it is, but it is my personally understanding that most philosophy, school of thought, and religion are tapping into the same "source."

Originally posted by GetRadNZ
reply to post by Sahabi

I think that religion is the main cause of most dispute.

What is more proper to blame... the engineer, the mechanism, or the one that leads others astray using the mechanism?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I have only read a part of your opening post...
Age is not really an issue here on ATS.I had
a thread last year about age requirements for
joining.I got beaten up by the teens on this site.
I was also humbled by watching episodes of,
"Are you smarter than a 5th grader."
I have grandchildren your age and I think it's
great that you're reading and posting HERE!
This site is very addictive and make sure you
spend the proper amount of time on your studies,
homework and other activities.
This is the thread I wrote about age..
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-10-2010 by mamabeth because: needed to add

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Awsome thread I've never tough about. Have you seen the number of members that said they were less than 20 it's awsome because I'm 16 and it's great not to be the only member under 20. As it turns out maybe the site is composed of teenagers and young adult.

I was thinking about some replies and some members talked about grammar and it's not just about age it's also about language. For example english in the only language on ATS and it's not my first language it's french so sometimes I might misspell a word or something. Even if you are in your late 40s it could happen to you if your French or any other nationality. And im not just talking about smalls errors.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I agree with you young friend, I myself have been researching different topics since I was 12, Things like Area 51, in 1998 or 1999, there were satalite pictures that were released through a private company that actually showed the Area 51 nestled in the desert mountains, I remember it being a huge deal because no one could ever get close enough to see the base, and the government denied its existance for years and for people like Bob Lazar who use to work at the S4 facility which is in the same area of the base was discredited, and all of his so called achievements and schooling background had been erased as he claims, for speaking out about such things. my father told me about rosewell when I was 8 as he watched a documentary on tv one evening and I asked him what he was watching and he explained to me how "So many years ago, before you or I was even born (My dad was born in 1955) A UFO Crashed at Rosewell and the government has been hiding it from the us." Of course at 8 I asked what a UFO was and he told me it was a airplane that aliens flew around in, I asked him if Aliens were real, he said "of course, but thats not what the government wants us to know." I asked why not and he said because it was top secret, Of course I went on to ask what top secret ment, and if he believed there were aliens and so on and so on as most 8 years olds do. It was a new and intresting concept for me, My father being an ex marine, told me that the governments technology was far more advanced then we could ever imagine and when he said that aliens were real, thats all I needed to know, so in 1998 or 99 when those pictures were released on the news it brought back those memories and I spent my whole summer researching area 51 which then lead me to people like bob lazar, john leer, and then of course I read about MJ12 which I found facinating, Then I read about secret meetings between pres eisenhower, and trueman...Then I went on to learn about the face on mars which was released when I was about 13 even though the rover landed on mars july 4th of 1996 I had so much information in those first 3 months of research and whenever I would try to talk about it with my mother (parents were divorced) My mom would wave me off as having a huge imagination and believing everything with out any "REAL" proof....Because I was a kid, no one took me seriously, So that was my experince as a young person learning about all this stuff and not be credited with the time and research I had put into it, so I continued my research through out my life and still do, I wish I had ATS growing up, and the great resource such as youtube, the internet certainly has evolved. I have always been more mature then my age and intrested in politics since I was 15 so yes there are some teenagers out there that can hold down a good conversation and yes I was one of the few that truely loved to learn.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nicolee123nd
[Mods, I wasn't sure what forum to put this in, so please move it if it need be.]

Hello ATS,

How do I know this? I myself am a teenager, 13 years old to be exact. I joined ATS about 5 months ago because I was mostly interested in the cryptozoology, paranormal, and UFO forums. I quickly took a liking to a wider range of topics here, and I'm glad I did so. It's been a wonderful experience, yet I was disappointed to find that there aren't too many people my age here; that I'm among the youngest. I hope to see ATS gain popularity among younger people in time.

Some older members forget that they were young once upon a time

It fills me full of delight to see a new generation younger than ever before.. it is you that counts...

You now have the mantel.. run with it!!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
nicolee123nd, you should be in knowledge, you may be a one of a hundred.

gnosticteachings.org

you decide.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

What is more proper to blame... the engineer, the mechanism, or the one that leads others astray using the mechanism?
reply to post by Sahabi

Very valid point right there! Anything good can be turned to evil depending on the mentality of the person using it.
We all play a part in the future of the world, the young and the old. Its up to us to open the door but its up to the older generation to give us the keys.
For far too long have people been trying to separate the generations. Parents being distanced from their children. The young not respecting there elders and students disrespecting there teachers. This is what has stopped us from advancing because we are just committing the same mistakes our predecessors made, It almost seems as if its happened on purpose.
Its up to us now to close the gap and get humanity onto the right road.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Here is my "young conspirator" story!

I am a 22 year young female who greatly enjoys posting on ATS. I try to make my posts balanced and more akin to draw into the threads (which either are very exact or spray off topic nowadays ) the bigger picture of things. Yes, we all know religion is bad, but -why- is it bad? Is it even always bad? Are their situations that only allow the dark side of religions/organizations to flourish and have those situations been more numerous lately due to a looping cycle of war and mistrust that has seeded the world for X amount of time?

I will say that, from my experience, it is sorta hard to "learn" anything concrete from ATS as a new mind to this field. Right next to a well though out thread about the what ifs of space travel is a thread about reptilian aliens controlling our government from inside the earth/on a moon/on a boat for all I know. I can see where the confusing array of topics, in fighting, and just flat out loonies can drive some timid young'uns away.

Maybe that is a reason why we do not see more younger posters on ATS?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by WashMoreFeet
IMO, I think it takes an amount of maturity to participate in ATS conversations as a whole that most teenagers simply do not possess.

precisely. Good to know there are some exceptions though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join