It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Obama create a "trapped minor" style catastrophe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Obama's approval rating continues to plummet, while Chilean president Sebastian Pinerahas has become the champion of the miners during this crisis and the right-wing politician has seen his popularity soar into the stratosphere.

Remember G W Bush needed a "Pearl Harbor" style catastrophe to boost his popularity and invade other countries, he got that in spades with 911.

Obama needs to do something so the fickle Americans can get all patriotic and start buying flags again.
edit on 14-10-2010 by Better Mouse Trap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I am sure something will happen before too long. We are getting really close to November. I wonder if their is a study somewhere or some kind of time line of events when it comes to catastrophes, elections and approval ratings?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap
Remember G W Bush needed a "Pearl Harbor" style catastrophe to boost his popularity and invade other countries, he got that in spades with 911.

Hmmm. I think your question presupposes things that may not true. While I'm not convinced that events of September 11, 2001, were investigated properly, and I do, in fact, think that the government is hiding certain facts pertaining to those events, I'm also not convinced that the attacks were perpetrated by the Bush Administration. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proofs, and we have not seen those. OTOH, if any part of the government did orchestrate those attacks, it most certainly would have been a covert operation conducted one or more of the various intelligence agencies and most definitely W would have been unaware until after the attacks, if at all. Indeed if any in the Bush Administration were aware ahead of time, it would have been Dick Cheney.

So I think if something like that were orchestrated, it wouldn't even be Obama's call to make.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap
Obama's approval rating continues to plummet

Since when do approval ratings mean anything? Has a president ever been impeached because of poor approval ratings? Has the country ever suddenly changed course because of approval ratings?

Everything happens for a reason. Pearl Harbor happened for a reason. September 11th happened for a reason. Obama's catastrophe will happen for a reason. But that reason is not because of approval ratings, nor is it because of elections.

The people who hold the true power in this country do not need events to occur at election time to further their agenda. They always have and always will control the outcome of any situation which could potentially affect their agenda.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is a nice read from 2009

Every President needs a war of his own

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm more concerned about Obama being the event, rather than his creating an event. At what point do the people pulling his strings decide that he is of no more use to them?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

Hmm... Maybe in order to Save his Presidentcy , Obama should Throw some of the Members of his Administration : Under the Bus " , then show what a Great Leader he is by rescuing them single handedly ......

edit on 14-10-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: spelling

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I wanna drive the bus! Please! Please!

top topics

join