It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chile Miners Rescue - Distraction

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

Thanks for the link, Billy. I can't believe the BBC sent 26 people to cover the rescue. AND went over budget. That's not very smart, is it? And now China has got their own rescue to do. Huh, I wonder what's going to happen to these 16 miners? Any continuous coverage while they're being rescued. Let's hope not. Don't get me wrong, I hope they're safe. But I don't want to go and have to discuss it with Kykweer on another page.

(I jest, Kykweer.)
edit on 10/16/2010 by peterpansgirl because: spelling.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

I mentioned the 36 hours in my first post and only then. I concede that it was NOT 36 continuous hours. My point is that it WAS all over the major news feeds that day. If not continuous then simply overshadowing all other news for that day. That being said, let's move on from the time frame.

Why shouldn't they show every minute? Because the media has to report the news. ALL of the news, not just the feel good heartwarming stories. Maybe it's because I live so close to the border, but I'd like to see a little more coverage on THAT on the major news networks. There's a lot of border violence and corruption going on right now that may well already be leaking into the US. Don't you think that's a little more important than the love life of chilean miners? I speak of the one who's got the mistress problems, Yonni Barrios. Then again, maybe they can spin it as a heartwarming story and show it everywhere. Maybe the BBC could even send 26 people and go over budget on the story.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I am glad I am not alone on this one thinking that this "rescue" was staged. I wanted to
believe but when I saw the miners coming like they just went to the barber shop and
their appearance in general, that did it for me. Another point is that if these men were isolated,
experiencing tension among themselves and mood changes, etc., how were they allowed to have
razors, scissors or sharp tools (to impecably trim their moustaches) and give themselves perfect
buzz cuts? Nobody thought about this one over there, worry about their safety?
Why didn't they send them a gun, then!? Give me a break!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by peterpansgirl

I will bet you my ATS membership that the China Miner Rescue will get maybe 20mins on the news max!!! The link with the symbol of 33 and the masons is why it was broadcast for the length of time it was, it was a symbol for the people that needed to see it...possibly a trigger for other events that are yet to occur. A kind of signal of the next step.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

A trigger, eh? Very MK-Ultra kind of thing. But could be.
Also, couldn't find the link you were referring to...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by peterpansgirl
reply to post by kykweer

Right but they didn't have to post every minute. A simple count or switch back to each rescue would've sufficed. Not continuous feed. And the news coverage continues now.
Next argument?

So you sat there yourself and watched the continuous live feed for several hours? For what, to prove that most people watch it for fifteen minutes at a time then turn over? At various times of the day as well? Do you now have the weird urge to grow a tache? No one continuously watches the news for hours at a time, unless it has a dramatic update thing going on.

Its a feel good, soft news story that fortunately for 24 hour news stations has the legs to fill a whole day or three for them.

There is no argument.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

Hah, obviously not and I never said I did. But it does get tiring tuning in every once in a while and hearing the same news over and over, don't you think?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

l agree with you. Something just seemed wrong, l just couldnt understand why so much coverage. When the crisis in the gulf of Mexico happened there was far less coverage, most of the real news we got here were ten mins if that. Had it not been for the good reporting of it on ATS l would have been under the impression that the GOM was a minor incident, Yet, This story took up so much air space, Why? dont get me wrong, l am glad that they were rescued its a good news story and lets face it we all need more of them, but so much coverage, it just seems like overkill to me.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
If this didn’t get the press time……then the biggest fraud in our history of finances would have to get covered.
Foreclosure Gate , but we can’t talk about it because we all paid to fix the banks…..
People are so stupid, because they are so easily distracted while everything they have worked for and known is being burned.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptic000
I am glad I am not alone on this one thinking that this "rescue" was staged. I wanted to
believe but when I saw the miners coming like they just went to the barber shop and
their appearance in general, that did it for me. Another point is that if these men were isolated,
experiencing tension among themselves and mood changes, etc., how were they allowed to have
razors, scissors or sharp tools (to impecably trim their moustaches) and give themselves perfect
buzz cuts? Nobody thought about this one over there, worry about their safety?
Why didn't they send them a gun, then!? Give me a break!

Well when you go from hearing about them being down there to seeing their rescue, you will obviously miss the in between facts, don't you think? This sites motto should be "Do your own research"

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
OK,, just seen the prime minister of Chile on BBC news. He says hes coming to the UK to give the prime minister and the Queen each a Rock from the mine. Now, you can call me a cynic but l sure dont remember Obama bringing the PM and the Queen a tar ball from the GOM. Anyone else see that? lt was on BBC News 24.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Righto whats going on? David Cameron to give 33 bottles of beer to chilean president? Plot thickens!!!!
The significance of numbers here is ridiculous now.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It almost sounds like these guys or maybe just one or some of them were being initiated into the mysteries.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by star child

Yeah that pretty crazy, why would you do that? Who cares? Thats like the president of Iraq giving Obama and David C a landmine from Bahgdad...

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join