It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chile Miners Rescue - Distraction

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Hi All,

Before i say what i'm about to say, please don't think i'm taking a stance that i disagree with the rescue of the survivors because i think its fantastic.

Ok, so my point is this. I have Sky TV, all these channels have been broadcasting this event since i got up non stop, no other news witnessed so far. (7am, now 1130am) (UK Time).

Sky News
BBC News
CNN
EuroNews
CCTV News

I would like to know why these news stations are showing this event like its a movie? Are they distracting us from something else? They are taking these survivors up at such a slow pace, repeating everything inbetween rescues. When the survivors come up, they get to greet their family etc, then they are strapped into a stretcher and carried no more than 10metres into Triage. This event is more like a severe dramatisation, almost like it was staged to occur on this day. At the rate they are rescuing people, they will be done by tomorrow morning. Now i dont want to say it, but wasnt their a prediction of a mass alien display today? 13th October?

I just dont get it, i dont understand why every station has to show it non-stop for 36 hours, what about the rest of the worlds attrocities? Does "real" stories not deserve to be aired? "Real" as in situations that are of concern to the general public. Its almost like watching a reconstruction of events, everything is orchastrated, it seems like it has been planned and i cant shake that feeling.

Anyone else feel this when watching it? What are ATS'ers thoughts on the TPTB control over broadcasting this event on the worlds major news channels?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Dunno, its hearsay , but some are even talking about some virus spreading during theses broadcasts

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
No i don't think it's a distraction because i don't think the alien thing is going to happen, i think this is 100% genuine to be honest.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
They are showing this non stop because people lives are on the line. Everyone should be watching this today because if everthing goes right its a happy story. There is to much bad news, the world could use some good news.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

No i'm not saying this is a distraction for the alien thing, i was using that as an example, it just seems like a complete waste of time and money. why cant they air the actual rescue parts and report other news inbetween them, or have it on interactive. Why the huge hype? It reminds me of a serious natural disaster broadcast, and that its not...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Dude I completely agree. Since when does the MSM even care about chile to start with. Any heartstring plucking news story is usually a brief 1 minute segment of a news reel. CNN has a live count of them being rescued, I also feel that we are being distracted from something. What that is? I have no idea at this point. Its like the art of deception and magic, you make someone look at point A by focusing their attention there, whilst the real "magic" is taking place behind the back or up the sleeve.

They wont be able to keep up the chile topic for another 24 hours I suspect, so lets keep our eyes peeled for the real reason for this media blitz.

link   
reply to post by jcavs8813

Yes your right peoples lives are on the line, but there are probably 000's of people being killed right now, are their lives not worth reporting about either? They could broadcast the actual rescue part, the happy parts and report on other stuff that is a danger to the general public, not just the 33 people.

Happy story or not, what about the others?

link   
Mate, if the alien would show themself, you would notice, belive me...

They are not covering anything up, its just becouse it is such a good story and it shows fellings and show how much love humans got
Nothing else, dont be paranoid.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
I would like to know why these news stations are showing this event like its a movie?

It is part of the script. I would tell you what is going to happen next, but you don't want me to ruin it for you.

Are they distracting us from something else?

9,000,000,000 people on this planet, not to mention the quadrillions of other lifeforms, and these 33 guys are everything that you need to hear about. period. it has been decided. shut up and watch.

Now i dont want to say it, but wasnt their a prediction of a mass alien display today? 13th October?

If the nations of Earth had decided to put the planet under martial law would they broadcast it over the msm? I don't think so.

I just dont get it, i dont understand why every station has to show it non-stop for 36 hours, what about the rest of the worlds attrocities?

Shh. Don't ask questions. These 33 people are all that is worthy of news coverage . .... millions of man hours spent of reporting/creating this.

Does "real" stories not deserve to be aired?

The MSM (mind systems manipulators) will tell us what they need us to believe.

Anyone else feel this when watching it? What are ATS'ers thoughts on the TPTB control over broadcasting this event on the worlds major news channels?

Other News propaganda channels are the News stories we pay to hear about.

Fear. It's a hell of a drug.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

was wondering how long it would take before people thought i was paranoid. Thankfully i'm not but it maybe did come across as that, and the alien thing was an example. It is a happy time for them and humanity but since when was that important to the MSM? I'm sure the editors of BBC, CNN, SKY NEWS, CCTV, EURONEWS have recieved hundreds of tip offs about some kind of story, some which may be quite serious, because i'm sure these stations recieve lots of tip offs daily then report on them, but they are not going to get aired at all.

Last night Sky News had an advert (commercial), talling people to tune in for the rescue report that would last for 24-36 hours. It was like a promotion...like waiting for the new series of "V" to come out.

I just think its wrong to neglect the other people who are going through far worse. Humanity would be abput them too.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

why cant they air the actual rescue parts and report other news inbetween them, or have it on interactive. Why the huge hype? It reminds me of a serious natural disaster broadcast, and that its not...

Would you prefer they show the normal daily depressing vicious crimes we always see or maybe the daily dose of natural disasters instead?

Ooooorr..... would you rather they actually show an awesome inspiring story of survival instead?

So, I say enjoy it while you can, inspiring stories don’t see to happen too often anymore.

edit on 13-10-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I'm with the OP on this.

My local website had the TOP 5 stories exclusive on the miners.
Now ... i'm in a mining country, so maybe ... but it really is TOO MUCH coverage. Not to seem nasty, but i don't care? They live they die, *shrug* it's irrelevant really. We'll see the books advertised in about a year.

But i would rate the current Falklands debacle slightly more important in the big scheme, but nada, zip, not a word about that.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

But this is exactly my point, they "never" happen like this, so why is it happening like this? The only other event i can remember that was like this was 9/11 and London Bombings. 33 people, or the world???

They could have it on interactive so you can view it of you like, but 36 hours is a bit excessive...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
subliminal conditioning

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I don't know...one thing I know is that when the media has an easy story to cover with hours of footage and an interest from the public, they will show it. I think it also has to do with the fact that Chile government has control of most of the cameras. So 36 hours of non stop entertainment for free to these media stations. And let's face it people will watch...I am watching right now.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I know, my post was half sarcasm and half being serious as I think this story genuinely can be inspiring for a whole lotta people so I want it to be broadcast and seen, but then again, at the same time I don't think they should be shoving it down our throats with constant access like they are doing.

I definitely don't think a story is being covered up though, I could be wrong of course and if you could prove me wrong then please do so, but I just don't believe anything like that could be happening.

Anyway, for now, I guess I’m just going to choose to be naive and believe this is just an inspiring story in place of all the doom and gloom and like I said in my previous post, enjoy it while you can, doom and gloom doesn't normally take a day off.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Maybe i'm abnormal but once i have seen 1 rescue, i've seen 33??? I did force myself to watch it for 2 hours this morning and i'm flicking back and foth every half hour or so but its the same thing over and over...i dont know about you or anyone else but i cant watch that all day...my concentration cant last that long

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

And what do you propose will happen next? Go on tell me, dont be a spoil sport!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I agree it is a bit dry for live TV. Although the expression on the miner's faces when they get to the top is what makes me watch. I'm flicking back and forth every few minutes too. I can't watch minute by minute.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Broadcast Media will do what they always have: Grab what they think might get people's attention and whore it out like there is no tomorrow (cause if there isn't a tomorrow, they'll be the first to report on it).

I DID think it was odd that NASA intervened.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join