It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me your UFO story

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
No proof? No problem!
I don't have proof of my sighting in 1976 either. I know you have UFO story's that are lacking all evidence. I want to hear them anyway Did someone you trust tell you a UFO story that was hard to forget?

It was 1976 and I was laying down in the back of a pickup, that my friend and I had just caught a ride from. Town was 15 miles away, we spied a Jet Airliner at 25,000 feet headed south. Red and blue lights on the wings. I bet it would go straight and my friend bet it would turn (ten bucks) before we got to town.

The red light took an instant 90 degree angle and covered one to three thousand miles in two seconds.
The blue light kept going straight. After some verbal exchanges about how that just happened, the bet was still on.

Just about then the blue light took an instant 90 the other way, it was out of sight within two seconds.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I was maybe 12 or 13, playing some video game in my house when my parents told me to come outside. I was resistant, mainly because at that time in my life they would have just given me some chore to do. Anyway I walk out and my parents just tell me to look northern sky (right in the direction of the D.U.M.B., Mount Weather). After not seeing anything for a few minutes, and not being told what to look for I was about to walk inside when suddenly at least 50-60 light spheres appeared. They were moving subtly as far as I could tell, and would actually pulse in and out of site. I went to look for binoculars and unfortunately when I got back they were no longer there. My dad refuses to even recall that day

Then there was this summer, on my way to a music festival in New York, and as we were passing the VA border into West VA, I saw a very low craft just skimming its way over a field. At first I jokingly said "hey look a UFO" and the people I was riding with laughed. But as I kept observing it, and how slow it was moving, and how big it was...I want to say it really was some type of suppressed UFO!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

I made this thread for people like your Dad, things like this need to be told.
50 or 60 spheres? what were they doing?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

Just kind of hanging out in the air, I thought balloons at first but when one went out of site, they all went out of site. Came back in at the same time as well. They were pretty spread out from what I can tell. My parents said they first saw them in western sky and when I saw them they were more in the northern.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

Dear fellow ATS members, anonymous readers, and interning resident government spooks, enjoy.....

Below are two accounts of mine from another thread here on ATS, from not too long ago. I share this here in good faith. I have no physical proof to offer as evidence. Whether you personally choose to believe this is true or not really does not really have an effect either way on whether is was more true or less true.

The other thread I contributed/shared this in is:
Have You Ever Considered That UFO's Might Be A Distraction By the Government?, Authored by member KILL_DOGG

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Who researches the government's activities more thoroughly than a conspiracy minded person?

Those who are employed by the government.

Have you ever considered that ufos might be a distraction by the government?

Yes I have. But after spending more than a decade in the usaf as a firefighter at nellis afb, obviously with a security clearance that permitted me access to all structures on the base in case they caught fire or needed rescue services, I do not feel I have the luxury of believing they are ours, at least from the here and now, anyways.

I used to consider that ufos would be one hell of a deterrent for war from other nations if they believed we had technologies from out of this world, literally.

Now my beliefs are different, and I believe we are being visited by someone who is not offering us a target, and have been demonstrating arial superiority for .... a very long time.

As a firefighter at nellis I lived on the flightline 24 hours a day, every other day, for 11 years, minus 3+ years deployed to warzones. I am familiar with conventional aircraft, and even wrote the technical orders for firefighters familiarizations with egress and shutdown proceedures for dozens of aircraft that would or could frequent nellis back in 06 and 07. I've personally witnessed arial phenomenon at low to the ground perspectives in restricted areas for an extended period of time with radio transmission interupted for hours at secure locations ..... in a post 9-11 reality ... can't imagine what benefit it would be for us to disrupt our own base communications and base functions.

But, don't take my word for it, wait until you have your own encounter, by all means.

no, i don't think they are ours. and if they are, I can only imagine why we are doing this to ourselves, and what truisms would have to exist to give authorities the perceived necessities that it must continue for any amount of time to continue to decieve and misdirect the very citizens they are sworn to protect and serve.

these are some of my opinions and experiences that i am prepared to share,
ET

Here is another post of mine from the same thread:

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by zorgon

Well being very familiar with sitting at the end of the runway at Nellis and watching the take offs and landings, especially during red flag operations... I would venture to say that IF we had any top secret toys, they would hardly send them from Nellis, which is in the heart of Las Vegas and they have a viewing area on the road that passes the end of the runway. A cheap pair of binoculars is all you need to see anything on the flightline

People in Lo$$ Vague Guess ... um... I mean Las Vegas ... are easily distracted by all the lights, sex, gambling, and other things going on in Vegas to notice what may or may not be going on at other nearby places, imo.

This was part of the point I was trying to make, yet around the time I joined ATS I was on duty in the FACC (Fire Alarm Communications Center) at Fire Station #1 (there are four stations on nellis, base) I personally witnessed all communications at the 911 dispatch center for the entire base lose all communications via radio for over 8 hours while ufos were "flying" over area 2 restricted munitions area, and also watching the sp's driving up and down the airfield at high rates of speed, and absolutely no air crews working on aircraft on field, and also the control tower having no communications (or electricity) for almost an entire day. I saw ufos over sunset mountain, and flights into McCarren commercial airport diverting around their usual flightpaths over southside of sunset mountain. These objects, and lights in the evening, were not anything I was personally acquanted with, and were doing things that no human I know of could physically survive if they were in these things. Hundreds, if not thousands, witnessed this event, not just me. Why can say something about it? I'm 100% mentally disabled according to my goverment, due to ptsd associated with multiple traumatic brain injuries from being too close to stuff that went boom in warzones (although I don't believe them) who pays me a generous monthly pension, so .... I'm discredited, and you can feel free to ignore and disregard anything I might share here.

Originally posted by zorgon
Now I would LOVE to sit near the runway at Tonapah test center, that place that has the covered aircraft parking so Google Earth can't look in on them

Indian Springs and part of the Tonopah test range was renamed Creech in 2005.

They do have that cool new solar power array though... know anyone on base that could get me a tour of that?

That's near base housing and near the Hospital. I would call 1-702-652-0001, I believe, for base operator and get in contact with public relations and/or tickets and tours to see if you could set that up.

I've personally witnessed arial phenomenon at low to the ground perspectives in restricted areas for an extended period of time with radio transmission interupted for hours at secure locations ..... in a post 9-11 reality ... can't imagine what benefit it would be for us to disrupt our own base communications and base functions.

I expect a report on my desk in triplicate
I would consider you a reliable witness

The event was ordered by us (the people keeping the logs of the event from the FD point of view) to be a "Helping Hand" so to speak, which at the time simply meant it was someone in the Q area (area 2) who was an unauthorized entry attempt or someone who should not have been there. it started early in the morning around 8:30. Our head personnel were dispatched to the area. We had no radio contact with them until nearly 14 hours later. They were gone all day. Landlines were working on and off all day, and we could not contact those on scene, higher ups, via commercial cell phones, either. Early in the afternoon we were told it had turned into a training excercize... possible. I went out for a smoke break flighline side ... and saw things flying around that were not helicopters and were not planes or aircraft I was familiar with. I went inside got a few more firefighters, we went outside together and watched few things in the air not moving, hovering I suppose, over the munitions area, area 2, the Q area, for about 15 minutes, and then I went back inside into the FACC (no windows/secure) Around a little before 10 pm (2200) We heard the first broadcasts over our radios (we monitor many frequencies) since that morning. It was the control tower (Airfield Traffic Control Tower) stating they had electricity again, and were asking us for a radio check, wondering if their radios were working again. They did not have radio capability all day long. Before the incident ended, I had went outside to see what I could see about 4 or 5 times I think, and to smoke a cig. During the evening hours they were amber in color, but seemed to change color, and also seemed to be "phasing" in and out of places. They would be over sunset mountain (commercial aircraft still flying around them) and then as they dissapeared from that location, they would be "popping" into existence simultaneously over different locations over the base, but I did not witness any over the flightline itself. Recordings of every radio transmission and every phone call exist stored in the Fire Alarm Communications Center (FACC) always until the end of the month, but these recordings were gone the next day and reset more than a week early, first and only time I had seen that done in my eleven year career. I'm not sure what happened that day, but why would they tell me, I was just the acting NCOIC of the FACC in charge of the emergency 911 systems on base with no capability for an entire shift + 2 hours, why would my superiors feel the need to tell me why I could not have the capability to do my job, and why all 911 systems didn't work? I don't know, and I don't know.

these are some of my opinions and experiences that i am prepared to share,
ET

Waiting for report

That is all I am comfortable sharing right now, and most of all I know about that particular subject. To share more would only be what I heard from others. But, with more than a decade in, I managed to hear a few associates talk about them occassionally. And, I also had other ufo sightings, and heard of other ufo sightings from other long term military career people.

This was one from a friend now at 45th wing space command at Patrick

Hill AFB, Utah 1985 During war games at Hill AFB, Utah, I was standing out on the flightline, guarding the perimeter, the entry-access control point. The rest of the base was in black out conditions, with black plastic over the windows of the buildings. All of the sudden, an aircraft or an airship was above me, of unknown origin. It was the biggest aircraft I have ever seen, completely silent and moved approximately ten miles an hour, almost floating. It was triangular, no visible engines, no markings, gun metal black. It essentially looked like it could fly in space. And when it accelerated, it leaped frog; that it is to say, it blinked out and reappeared farther away. It basically disappeared when it accelerated. BV

I was responding to you as I read, please consider the report I gave you about them "phasing" in and out of existence as some information I shared before reading the above similiar "blinked out and reappeared farther away". This did not effect my sharing with you that they seemed to be in more than one place at the same time, and phased in and out of airspace while simultaneously appearing somewhere else. Also, the craft I saw did not resemble triangles, and were mostly amber/yellowish orange lights in the evening hours after the sun went down. As to their shape, I couldn't tell, their shapes sometimes seemed to change, but for the most part seemed saucer or disc shaped, metalic shiny during the daylight hours.

Other than these things, I'm not comfortable sharing too much else about that incident or day, but that is most of what I witnessed, and what I honestly recall.

Hope sharing this might help,
ET

Have a pleasant ATS day,
ET

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
2007 was a really weird year for me and most certainly changed my life,i saw ufos on several occasions very close to my house,i recorded them on 2 occasions~

www.youtube.com... (part1)

www.youtube.com... (part2)

www.youtube.com...

was the best i could do at the time,sadly the videos dont do justice,was def a time in my life i will never forget.

Edit to add-i know you said with no evidence but that essentially is what my videos and experience mean to most people.

Regards to all

edit on 30/09/10 by FeatheredSerpent because: to add

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I agree with the governmental shell game, and I think they are competing with outside forces.
ET you have had to hear of at least one sighting there.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
As this is in the Gray Area...

I live in what has been officially designated one of the darkest areas of North America. No light pollution here.

I stargaze in my backyard acreage every clear night, because the Milky Way is glorious and clear as day, the constellations are brilliant. It looks like a starmap. Especially during the new moon nights. (Which we are just coming out of the cycle of.)

I have seen some unexplainable things. I know what an airplane looks like at night seeing many. I know what a satellite looks like at night seeing many. I know what a chopper looks like, etc.... There is absolutely no possibility of chinese lanterns or illuminated kites here.

I have seen what looked like an upside down umbrella, without the J, flashing blue and red, following an airplane one night. It was making figure 8 patterns, almost "dancing" behind the plane, across the sky. I watched this and then, I saw another craft, exactly the same as the one behind the plane slowly come from a perpendicular angle to meet it.
They hovered together, stationary, then were just gone. And where they left, it was the blackest, black, sky I have ever seen. I felt very dreadful too. I can't describe the feeling I had when I watched this go on. I wasn't excited, I felt as though the craft was toying with the plane, as though it were measuring whether or not it was going to "do" something or not. It was a sick feeling. When they disappeared, I ducked, even though there wasn't a sound. It was very, very strange. My oldest child was with me, and we watched this together and felt the same feelings the whole time.

We have seen other "orbs" move across the sky, slowly, in spinning circular patterns, lazy 8's, zigzags. Two nights ago, I watched an orb, flashing red, blue, and white, spin in circles, figure 8's, and zigzags around the area of the constellation of Pleiades.

I called a friend and asked them to look outside. They did and could not see what I was describing to them where they were at (approximately 300 miles south), though they could see Pleiades, and here it was flashing, rotating, and moving across the sky. WTF. I am not a flighty person, nor do I feel the need to dash outside with a camera to prove myself, and still don't. Hence why I have never started a thread about what I have seen, why I have only mentioned very obliquely what I have seen, and why I post this in this thread, in the Gray area, and won't respond to attacks... I know what I saw. I don't care who believes me or not, to be honest.

I am with Stephen Hawking when he says that he feels that any interstellar visitors we encounter may not be as benevolent as we all think they may be. I don't think they are our friends. I do think that we are on the verge of finding out. Perhaps they may present themselves as our "helpers" at first, however, I would tread with extreme caution. I also think our government is very afraid of them as well and that is why they have developed certain weaponry.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I have a UFO encounter to tell, but it would be too long to tell the whole thing for a post on ATS to include all the details.
There is one major difference from other encounters were I gained time rather than lose it, with people to back up the time differences, I was lucky to have people with me when I set off, and someone at the other end when I got home and where actually on the phone with the people I had left who had called to say I had just left and was on my way home.

Needless to say there was shock when they found out I was home when I had only just left them.

Thing is I remember everything about the trip home, and what took place which seemed to last for hours to me, and not the short time it took me to drive the 15 odd miles through the desert.

That was the reason for the phone call to expect me home, the roads out there are dangerous at the best of times, without taking into account the strange people who drive around out there at 2am in the morning, and plenty of places to wait to jump me because I had to stop and get out to open some gates along the way and then close them after I passed through them, a trip I took every day for over a year.

It would have to be an email because it is a long story.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FeatheredSerpent

I have seen a lot of UFO videos and that was very convincing. Thanks for the link.
Were there any colors, sound or wind?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
My first ufo sighting, I was about 15. It was 1979, end of summer I think, and it was about 10pm, so it was dark. Quadrophenia was just out and I was a Mod, (for about a month). I was walking home from one of my nightly posing promenades with two local boys. I remember I was wearing a black and white dress, black tights and white genuine 60s pointy stillettos that friend had hawked from an older relative. They were smartly clad in their two-tone suits, narrow ties and fishtail parkas. We were smart, we thought.

We stopped at the top of a hill to chat before separating and saying goodbye and one of us spotted something moving around in the sky.

The object was like a diamond (from a playing card) on it's side, gold/yellow in colour and it was darting around (like a fly does). It was about the size of a pinky nail at arms length. No mistaking it was something out of the ordinary though. We all went "it's a UFO!" watched it for about 2 minutes, then got back to chatting about music, and other general teen stuff.

I saw one of the lads about 15 years later and asked him if he remembered it but he didn't.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I've posted this encounter elsewhere on ATS, but here goes...

Some time between 1997-2000, when I was about 13-16 years old, I was taking the trash out to a dumpster behind my house. This was during the night and the lot where this dumpster is located is well-lit by flood lights. At this time, we were experiencing a fairly strong snowstorm, and school had been out for 2-3 days. I put the trash in the dumpster, and I'm walking back to my house when I notice the snowfall just stops suddenly. Usually snow doesn't stop like this, it fades, so naturally I look up in the air to see a genuine, unmistakable, massive UFO flying slowly and silently overhead.

Like I mentioned, this was an unmistakable encounter - no blurry lights in the distance or anything questionable like that. This "V-shaped flying craft" was VERY close to the ground (approx. 100-150 ft.) and moving VERY slowly (no more than 30mph) DIRECTLY overhead with almost no obstruction of view - so I was able to get a good long view of the underside and trailing edge of the craft and its lights. At first I only saw the part of the craft that was flying directly over me: the "left wing," but as it moved, more lights on its underside came into view (they were obstructed by the houses around me). That's when I realized this craft was V-shaped, absolutely massive, and that the part of the craft flying directly over me was really only the very tip of the left wing.

This thing was real and obviously operating some sort of advanced technology which could possibly be classified as "out of this world" - although I haven't completely discounted the man-made explanation. I'm not sure if man-made technology could produce a craft capable of running its engines at 0db (silence). Likewise, I'm not sure if man-made technology could produce a flying craft this large while simultaneously being able to "hover" this slowly. In other words, it was clear to me, even at this age, that this craft didn't require the normal "lift" in order to stay airborne; it could have hovered in place if it needed to.

Either way, the craft was so enormous that it had stopped the snowfall for approx. 10 seconds as it passed by. Why was it flying so low during a snowstorm? I don't know, but there's really only two words to describe what I witnessed: profoundly awesome.

Figured I'd mention this detail (sort of personal): during this encounter I was unable to move, but I wasn't frozen in fear. If anything, I was frozen in awe. My head was locked in place, and this sort of warm, peaceful feeling swept through my body. That's the only way I could describe it at the time, but lately I've come to realize this is the same distinguishable sensation I get after an hour of deep meditation. Coincidence?

This occurred in the Catskill mountains of NY. I'm also 100% convinced this craft was the same one witnessed during the Phoenix Lights encounter, or at least the same model; which I didn't become aware of until earlier this year (2010).
edit on 11-10-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

I saw this over Lake Ontario, and made a thread on it..... I didn't behave myself there because the naysayers got to me, and I lost my temper

Any hoo , here's the vid

PS - I some explicit commentary! I battled to steady the camera, but at 5:10, that thing moved on it's own. Not me. I was zoomed out pretty well.

edit on 11-10-2010 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

Nah no sound in both cases,the orbs pulsated orange.The triangular shaped lights were just white,me and two friends got in a car to drive over to roughly where they were,upon arriving couldnt see the lights anywere drove around for 10 mins saw nothing so went home,when we arrived back at mine my partner(who stayed at home watching them)told us that the light had glowed red and orange then vanished,i also recorded this around the same time~

www.youtube.com...

you might not think it has much to do with the other videos but i think it does.

Edit to add-the night was a nice warm night,wind was minimal

Regards to all
edit on 30/09/10 by FeatheredSerpent because: weather

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

TY for the detailed sighting. I saw some stuff in Alaska that made no sound and didn't fly straight either.
That is a trip, almost like the other one told it to quit it with the plane, and let's go-. When you say 8s, do you mean figure 8s?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

Yes, tight figure 8's and larger 'lazy' 8's is how I would catagorize the movements.
It was very strange the way that the communication of their intent was felt. I am not exaggerating that. It was felt. That is why I am saying that we didn't jump up and down, we didn't get all excited and crazy. We felt sick, dreadful, and not good.
edit on 11-10-2010 by thegoodearth because: spelling

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
My sister and I were returning home back when I was in High School back in '97 (if I'm remembering the year correctly), when we spotted a triangular object in the sky about 60-80 feet off the ground, just above the tree line. My sister and I turned to one another after this hovering triangle disappeared behind the tree line, and we agreed not to discuss what we had seen until we got home. We both walked into the house, went into separate rooms and drew pictures of what we'd seen. The drawings were identical.
Now here's the conundrum. We lived about 30 miles from Fort Bragg/Pope Air Force Base, and within the past 5-6 years I've come to learn about the TR-3B's that are supposed military craft. So was it an Alien craft, or was it a military experimental jet? I may never know, but those of you who have read my previous ideas on Aliens, Dulce, and Faux Invasion plans know where I stand on the military building "Alien Ships" for NWO purposes.

www.greatdreams.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

So you remember leaving there to drive home and when you got there it had only been... I can only guess a time warp. Was everything OK after that?
Please do U2U me a link to the whole story.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

I am blown away man. The thought that it could affect you from that distance is scary.
Thanks for sharing the story

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Good find
I vaguely remember this one. Probably because of the meanies.
It seems so far away. What were you balancing the camera on?
Can you tell me if it came closer or faded off. I am sure you kept watching it.
I cant tell it moved more than that one time at 5:10.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join