It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Reported News That Was Quickly Dropped & Never Heard Of Again

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
I think they should devote a whole forum on this.

Great idea !

We can call it The MSM cover up jar.
One place for people to write down news that was swept under the rug.

Anyways ...

In the mean time... I'll see if I can remember a cover up story.

Regards

~ Sinter

Personally, I think that makes perfect sense, if you belive in aliens.

The aliens between China and India, working with the Indian and Chinese gov'ts. The US, probably in leagues with another alien species for all the wrong reasons, had to get rid of their advanced military base that could only be possible with ET/grey help before India and China found out.

Well, that's my idea for it, and I don't know all the facts, and it might be seriously flawed.

But it makes sense to me.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

BINGO! This is just a part of the bigger picture (as many ATS'ers know there are usually several factors/forces at work), but it could be one of the most important. Calcifying the Pineal Gland (the gland that connects all humans to the "divine"/"other side") would be a great way to make every person apathetic....imagine no one ever having a "spiritual" or "religious" experience/revelation/epiphany.......the world would be full of meatbags walking around purchasing things.....no one curious enough about things beyond the physical and material that they can touch, taste, feel, and see only with their PHYSICAL senses. Please don't flame me for this view as it is just my opinon based based upon years of personal growth and re-search into many "weird" fields of study.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Jobuko

The Barksdale Nuke transfer has to be the biggest untalked about issue in the last 10 years. Here are the reasons:

- Nukes are tracked, to many moving pieces to cover up if one person talks
- 9x people are dead in realtion to this incident
- There is a missing weapon still?
- Happened during a mid to high-point in the War on Terror

Here are some references:

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=302187

www.projectcamelot.org...

www.democraticunderground.com...

geronimomanifesto.blogspot.com...

Thank you to the sources above.

There are also news videos covering these deaths posted on liveleak.com, if I remember correctly there was one about a search for the missing AF Capt.

If there is a missing weapon, where is it? Why hasnt there been any reporting on it? Are they biding their time waiting for a development or using it as leverage? Or do they not even have one?

V6

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ohsnaptruth

I'm sorry... Where are you replying to ?

It doesn't look like something that can work with the quote above. Please explain ?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
again sorry if mentioned already, low on time at the moment, these books reveal A LOT...

50 things you're not supposed to know

50 Things you're not supposed to know 2

I did a little digging looking for the report I saw all those years ago...this thread is ACE and deserves it

anyway didn't take long to find interesting info, its an old topic, that said the best info comes from a comment made in 2010...

I won't post the whole thing just what is essential to the Washington bridge story...

Posted by - John A October 5th, 2010 7:38 pm ET -Source
Here's the first version of events I don't believe. Why? its the new york times and those witness stories are bunk. But that's just my 2 cent based on what little education about 9/11 I have, and my beliefs on that are not intended to offend anyone.

The New York Times reported Thursday that a group of five men had set up video cameras aimed at the Twin Towers prior to the attack on Tuesday, and were seen congratulating one another afterwards. Police received several calls from angry New Jersey residents claiming "middle-eastern" men with a white van were videotaping the disaster with shouts of joy and mockery. "They were like happy, you know … They didn't look shocked to me" said a witness. They were seen by New Jersey residents on Sept. 11 making fun of the World Trade Center ruins and going to extreme lengths to photograph themselves in front of the wreckage. Witnesses saw them jumping for joy in Liberty State Park after the initial impact. Later on, other witnesses saw them celebrating on a roof in Weehawken, and still more witnesses later saw them celebrating with high fives in a Jersey City parking lot. "It looked like they're hooked in with this. It looked like they knew what was going to happen when they were at Liberty State Park." One anonymous phone call to the authorities actually led them to close down all of New York's bridges and tunnels. The mystery caller told the 9-1-1 dispatcher that a group of Palestinians were mixing a bomb inside of a white van headed for the Holland Tunnel. Here's the transcript from NBC News: Dispatcher: Jersey City police. Caller: Yes, we have a white van, 2 or 3 guys in there, they look like Palestinians and going around a building. Caller: There's a minivan heading toward the Holland tunnel, I see the guy by Newark Airport mixing some junk and he has those sheikh uniform. Dispatcher: He has what? Caller: He's dressed like an Arab. (note: Why would this mystery caller specifically say that these "Arabs" were Palestinians? How would he know that? Palestinians usually dress in western style clothes, not "sheikh uniforms") Based on that phone call, police then issued a "Be-on-the-Lookout" alert for a white mini-van heading for the city's bridges and tunnels from New Jersey. A White, 2000 Chevrolet van with 'Urban Moving Systems' sign on back was seen at Liberty State Park, Jersey City, NJ, at the time of first impact of jetliner into World Trade Center Three individuals with van were seen celebrating after initial impact and subsequent explosion. FBI Newark Field Office requests that, if the van is located, hold for prints and detain individuals. When a van fitting that exact description was stopped just before crossing into New York, the suspicious "middle-easterners" were apprehended. Imagine the surprise of the police officers when these terror suspects turned out to be Israelis!
According to ABC’s 20/20, when the van belonging to the cheering Israelis was stopped by the police, the driver of the van, Sivan Kurzberg, told the officers:"We are Israelis. We are not your problem. Your problems are our problems. The Palestinians are your problem." Why did he feel Palestinians were a problem for the NYPD? The police and FBI field agents became very suspicious when they found maps of the city with certain places highlighted, box cutters (the same items that the hijackers supposedly used), $4700 cash stuffed in a sock, and foreign passports. Police also told the Bergen Record that bomb sniffing dogs were brought to the van and that they reacted as if they had smelled explosives. The FBI seized and developed their photos, one of which shows Sivan Kurzberg flicking a cigarette lighter in front of the smouldering ruins in an apparently celebratory gesture.

Here is the other version of events i no longer believe either though it IS the story that was aired here almost accidentally then canned straight away. (Washington bridge version)

The Jerusalem Post later reported that a white van with a bomb was stopped as it approached the George Washington Bridge, but the ethnicity of the suspects was not revealed. Here's what the Jerusalem Post reported on September 12, 2001: American security services overnight stopped a car bomb on the George Washington Bridge. The van, packed with explosives, was stopped on an approach ramp to the bridge. Authorities suspect the terrorists intended to blow up the main crossing between New Jersey and New York, Army Radio reported. "...two suspects are in FBI custody after a truckload of explosives was discovered around the George Washington Bridge ... The FBI ... says enough explosives were in the truck to do great damage to the George Washington Bridge." It was reported the van contained tonnes of explosives.

here's J.A's observations about it...

What's really intriguing is that ABC's 20/20, the New York Post and the New Jersey Bergen Record all clearly and unambiguously reported that a white van with Israelis was intercepted on a ramp near Route 3, which leads directly to the Lincoln Tunnel.

But the Jerusalem Post, Israeli National News (Arutz Sheva), and Yediot America, all reported, just as clearly and unambiguously, that a white van with Israelis was stopped on a ramp leading to the George Washington Bridge, which is several miles north of the Lincoln Tunnel.

there's an article at inforwarshere that goes into more depth, but I couldn't find the news story I was looking for and after reading more, I think it was at the least partially diversion & disinformation.

-B.M
edit on 14/10/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This thread is amazing, I wish more things like this where on ATS more often.

I also have to say a thank you to the OP, because without this thread, I probably would have never remembered a story that I thought to have had its' blip and then disappear.

Coast Guard report blames Healy dive officer Jessica Hill for diver deaths

I could be wrong, because I didn't consistently watch the news then, but I still watched it enough to have picked up an update blip within the following week or month. I remember seeing the story on ABC World News. What caught my attention was that the divers supposedly dropped from 33 feet to anywhere from 183 - 220 feet in a matter of minutes. Combine that with the fact that the Coast Guard wasn't releasing any information to the family in the beginning, and my mind went racing. Turns out it was probably human error/arrogance, but I'll still never forget getting the chills thinking that something might have pulled them under.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I recall a story that broke on CNN waaay back, I was working at LANL so it was probably 1989 or thereabouts, where they described a newly discovered immune deficiency virus. At first it was thought to be HIV, but instead of having a time course of years, it totally destroyed your immune system in a matter of a week to 10 days, and you died in about two weeks after the first symptoms. They had the usual CDC crew that stated there had been maybe 40-50 documented cases, but that they were scattered all over the US and there didn't seem to be any pattern so far - truck drivers, housewives, school teachers, salesmen, no job, race or economic links at all, and none of them had had contact with each other. Then they popped up a USAMRIID wonk who said "We've sampled all the known victims, it's the same infectious agent, and unlike HIV, we've been able to infect and kill apes by transferring material from the victims, they get it just like people, which will allow us to study it in live animals".

It ran twice, I missed starting the VCR both times, and that was it. No print coverage, you won't find any net info, at least I didn't.

Let's see - there was a similar sort of thing where a tailored bacterium escaped a lab out west. The thing was some sort of experiment to insert genes into a common soil bacterium so that it could produce alcohol like a yeast. Only it got outside the lab, which they found when the grass started dying from being alcoholed to death. They had to excavate and sterilize the soil around the complex, they checked around the yards of the employees but it never spread that far. Not sure if that one made the MSM to begin with, but it was in the "community news"

Oh, one I liked was during the Clinton years - there was actually a sort of military coup attempt that culminated with a plane full o' brass flying to Washington to do a sort of military equivalent of the Ninety Five Theses, only they didn't make it there alive. There was a "happening" over the state of Alabama that was reported a dozen different ways in an hour by the local news in Huntsville, and a few other alternate ways around Redstone, that either involved Maxwell AFB or a little-known USAP in central Alabama. In the end, a lot of the known dead brass were relisted as having been killed in a bunch of unrelated accidents the same day and only a couple of people were admitted to have been on the plane which had, sadly, had a depressurization which no-one noticed onboard somehow, until they were all unconscious and the plane crashed, somehow spreading itself over a few hundred acres instead of one tidy pile.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Is it just me, or did the Iraq war/aftermath just completely disappear from the news and subsequently replaced with news of Afghanistan...and now Pakistan?

And what about this Gulf Oil Spill everyone was so crazy about? Seems almost like it never happened.

All I read about lately are trapped miners and financial meltdown.
Somebody trying to hide something? Maybe I'm just paranoid.
edit on 15-10-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
I recall a story that broke on CNN waaay back, I was working at LANL so it was probably 1989 or thereabouts, where they described a newly discovered immune deficiency virus. At first it was thought to be HIV, but instead of having a time course of years, it totally destroyed your immune system in a matter of a week to 10 days, and you died in about two weeks after the first symptoms. They had the usual CDC crew that stated there had been maybe 40-50 documented cases, but that they were scattered all over the US and there didn't seem to be any pattern so far - truck drivers, housewives, school teachers, salesmen, no job, race or economic links at all, and none of them had had contact with each other. Then they popped up a USAMRIID wonk who said "We've sampled all the known victims, it's the same infectious agent, and unlike HIV, we've been able to infect and kill apes by transferring material from the victims, they get it just like people, which will allow us to study it in live animals".

It ran twice, I missed starting the VCR both times, and that was it. No print coverage, you won't find any net info, at least I didn't.

Let's see - there was a similar sort of thing where a tailored bacterium escaped a lab out west. The thing was some sort of experiment to insert genes into a common soil bacterium so that it could produce alcohol like a yeast. Only it got outside the lab, which they found when the grass started dying from being alcoholed to death. They had to excavate and sterilize the soil around the complex, they checked around the yards of the employees but it never spread that far. Not sure if that one made the MSM to begin with, but it was in the "community news"

Oh, one I liked was during the Clinton years - there was actually a sort of military coup attempt that culminated with a plane full o' brass flying to Washington to do a sort of military equivalent of the Ninety Five Theses, only they didn't make it there alive. There was a "happening" over the state of Alabama that was reported a dozen different ways in an hour by the local news in Huntsville, and a few other alternate ways around Redstone, that either involved Maxwell AFB or a little-known USAP in central Alabama. In the end, a lot of the known dead brass were relisted as having been killed in a bunch of unrelated accidents the same day and only a couple of people were admitted to have been on the plane which had, sadly, had a depressurization which no-one noticed onboard somehow, until they were all unconscious and the plane crashed, somehow spreading itself over a few hundred acres instead of one tidy pile.

Were this to come from another source, it would be almost unbelievable. Especially the last paragraph. I am gonna look into it....got any thing that might help?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

We called it "Seven Days in April", as a play on the old movie regarding something similar.

However, most of a certain Army contingent knows the story by heart. I've heard a lot of poo that I don't believe on the old boys' email circuit - there are a few websites with hidden invite only forums on them too, where it came up - and it often ends up being attributed to a CAG base 'sort of in central Alabama' that I won't finger, but those guys are not generally known for air to air sorts of operations, while the Maxwell AFB rumor would have longer legs as far as I'm concerned. Your mileage may vary. The CAG USAP does exist, it is in that place, but AFAIK they use Maxwell (or, oddly, Birmingham International) for flying in and out, depending on what sort of aircraft they're using: there's only helo pads on base.

Hang on...there are bits and pieces of it left on the net in its final untrue form, but I'm not sure anyone has the story in detail as it really happened. I'll see if I can find it...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
My notes say it was April 17, 1995. Major General Proffitt was on the plane. If you look around the area that the plane crashed in and trace back a smidge on the flight path you'll be real near a USAP.

There were more (and different) people actually on the plane than is reported in the MSM.

Edit: Oh, and right after the event, the reports were that it was on the way from Randolph TO Andrews, but after, it was reported to be going the other way.
edit on 15-10-2010 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xiphias
Is it just me, or did the Iraq war/aftermath just completely disappear from the news and subsequently replaced with news of Afghanistan...and now Pakistan?

And what about this Gulf Oil Spill everyone was so crazy about? Seems almost like it never happened.

All I read about lately are trapped miners and financial meltdown.

People have a short memory, and therefore only care about certain things for a certain amount of time. The Gulf Oil Spill was run constantly for what felt like forever. People got tired of it, so the MSM could either (A) stop talking about it, or (B) loose viewers. They chose (A).

A lot of people also had strong feelings about Iraq. Now that the US isn't officially there anymore, the MSM (and therefore your average viewer) can pretty much forget about it now. While the US was in Iraq, Afghanistan, in the public's mind, was pushed to the back burner. Now that Iraq is no more, they can handle to "think" about a different place.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Sandy Berger and the classified documents he spirited out of the White House after jamming them in his pants.

What were the documents? Which ones did he destroy? Why did he need to get them out of the White House? Was he hiding something, did he want material to use in a blackmail scheme, was he going to sell them?

He got a $50K fine? Should have gotten jail time. He gets a fine and the business is over.

articles.cnn.com...
OLITICS

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I am digging into this story, and want to point up something for anyone else who might think it interesting that the Clintons are involved with the death of yet more high level people:

www.rumormillnews.com...

The crash happened 2 days before the OKC bombing. And there are quite a few involvements with what seems to be a fraudulent venture capitalist ring.

Intriguing story.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
i remember a few years ago i was on vacation driving cross country. we were in a hotel and i was watching the news and there had been something about Austrailia destroying a US navy ship. Never ever saw it on the news again.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I wonder if anybody recalls the comments by Tony Blair during a press conference. He was asked about the corruption probe into the arms deal between Saudi Arabia and BAE. He quite blatantly said that the investigation was dropped because they didn't want to damage relations or compromise other arms deals.

Very strange for a poltician to be so candid on such a subject. Didn't hear much about it after that

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
There was also the case of the attack on a Japanese oil tanker. The tanker was sailing off the coast of the UAE when it was rocked by an explosion. The excuse given was that t could possibly have been some type of wave that collided with the vessel. Turns out it was actually a terrorist attack...but that never made it to the front page.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I am fascinated by this topic and love reading news stories that are covered up quickly because, ironically, these stories are most likely more truthful than the the rest of the news combined!

reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Agree! We need a forum devoted to this topic

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by smokn442

Wow really? Are you sure you heard it right?
That surely would not have gone well with the Americans if it were true..

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

We had been hearing that a sort of presentation of a list of grievances was in the works, then that happened, it was really wild the stories you got in the local news - sort of reminded me of the OKC news flow, you know, there are other bombs in the building, there's this other guy that got away, then it's all gone and no one remembers it, officially?

The plane over central Alabama was the same way. These are the guys, they were on the way, they were on the way back, it was 19 generals, it was one general, it was shot down, it was a fluke crash, every few minutes it was another story and at the end it was what you see in the MSM. Very odd.

But it didn't happen in vacuo, the rumors had been building that the military had had enough of certain things and something was about to happen. Then you got that.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join