It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Reported News That Was Quickly Dropped & Never Heard Of Again

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Great thread, thanks for posting!!

Yeah, MSM does do their part. They "cover" these stories breifly and then almost never follow-up. For instance, waaaaaay back in 2002/2003-ish, scientists TRANSPORTED or TELEPORTED a section of a beam of light from one location to another. Around that same time period, they also "froze" light. VERY HIGHLY --imho-- IMPORTANT.

Yet, Lindsay Lohan reveals her kooter gettin' out of a car OR Paris Hilton has a sex tape released (without her knowledge) or Brittany Spears gets prego. In a far less than eloquent acronym: WTF?

Major science breakthroughs get hardly any press and these teen queens dominate the airwaves? C'mon!? I applauded that one blonde news anchor who began to read a story about Paris Hilton and then said something like, "Nah, I just can't do this." And then she crumpled up the paper and tossed it away and covered something else. I wonder where she is now.

Don't forget about the "suicide" of Vince Foster. Or the mysterious plane crash in the fog in eastern Europe that killed that U.S. Ambassador or Sunny Bono's death (and what he was about to reveal before he died).

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Oh, and ACOUSTIC REFRIGERATION and SONOLUMINESCENCE.

Acoustic Refrigeration requires NO WORKING PARTS.

Sonoluminescence or Sonarluminescence involves bombarding a bubble in normal water with soundwaves that cause it to GLOW, like a star in water. A STAR in WATER.

Yet...

Little or NO press.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimerton
Such an excellent topic!
Here's one nobody covered yet; In the mid 80's there was a 60 Minutes episode that cover a remarkable process for using old tires for highways and it was remarkable in that it got rid of the troublesome old rubber, and created a virtually non-maintenance roadway that lasted for years.
So where's it? We can't have no maintenance roads.
edit on 9-10-2010 by Jimerton because: Didn't end well.

I totally remember this. I thought it was the greatest ideas ever. I remember they had already had roads covered with this. It was awesome.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

awesome thread

sorry if this has been mentioned here already,

but its the only thing like this I've seen myself, does anyone remember seeing any news about the bomb that went off on the Washington bridge a week or two before 9/11??

It was reported briefly here in Australia as breaking news, obviously the station thought it would grow to be big news the next day, but then I never heard/saw anything about it again!

-B.M

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by meteoritics

How about this...

46 US Warships Plus 7,000 US Marines On Route To Costa Rica!

www.dailypaul.com...

I am stunned at this one. It's the first I've heard of this. Costa Rica is a beautiful country with no sign of drugs when I was there. There is something more to this that we haven't been told. I will be watching out for anything further on this. On face value it makes me sick to see the US imposing their military on another peaceful nation where it does not belong.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NatalinaEx

.. the case of Alvin Greene, the strange fella who won the Senate primary in SC without a shred of campaigning or money spent ...

I watched the interview and some other footage of his speech and more. At first I thought, yes, an obvious plant and possibly some tampering with the vote record; but then, as I hear and saw more I began to like the guy. He is definitely not a PTB candidate.

I'd vote for him myself if I lived there.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

I remember hearing about this on a field trip in third grade. That would be circa 1989.

We were visiting the planetarium and watching a presentation about the solar system. There was some more information in there about galaxies and such. When it was over the head instructor for the planetarium told us that there was something left out of the presentation. He told us that there was a large "heavenly" body that was moving towards Earth and could not be explained.

He told us basically the same thing you posted. However, it was still being mentioned as late as 1989. I had never heard about it before that or since then. I thought I had remembered incorrectly until I read your post.
edit on 12-10-2010 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
My ALL time favorite

On Sept. 10, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld declared war. Not on foreign terrorists, "the adversary's closer to home. It's the Pentagon bureaucracy," he said.

He said money wasted by the military poses a serious threat.

"In fact, it could be said it's a matter of life and death," he said.

Rumsfeld promised change but the next day – Sept. 11-- the world changed and in the rush to fund the war on terrorism, the war on waste seems to have been forgotten.

Just last week President Bush announced, "my 2003 budget calls for more than $48 billion in new defense spending."

More money for the Pentagon, CBS News Correspondent Vince Gonzales reports, while its own auditors admit the military cannot account for 25 percent of what it spends.

"According to some estimates we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions," Rumsfeld admitted.

$2.3 trillion — that's $8,000 for every man, woman and child in America. To understand how the Pentagon can lose track of trillions, consider the case of one military accountant who tried to find out what happened to a mere $300 million.

"We know it's gone. But we don't know what they spent it on," said Jim Minnery, Defense Finance and Accounting Service.

Minnery, a former Marine turned whistle-blower, is risking his job by speaking out for the first time about the millions he noticed were missing from one defense agency's balance sheets. Minnery tried to follow the money trail, even crisscrossing the country looking for records.

"The director looked at me and said 'Why do you care about this stuff?' It took me aback, you know? My supervisor asking me why I care about doing a good job," said Minnery.

He was reassigned and says officials then covered up the problem by just writing it off.

www.benfrank.net...

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Polish president dies in plane crash... seem to been forgotton.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Russian officials identify non-crew member in cockpit of Polish plane

www.guardian.co.uk...

=

Suspicious.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Mexican Government Sanctions Illegal Border Crossing With Comic Book Instructions
www.diggersrealm.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I remember i story with video about a guy who could light sea water on fire....in the video you see him walk to the ocean and get a cup of water walk back to his lab poured it in a beak and set in in a machine that sent radio waves or something into it then he simply took a lighter and lit the water on fire. Pretty crazy stuff. If some one could find some info that would be sweet.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I generally roll my eyes at the "birther" argument, mostly because it is fruitless. Right or wrong, he is and will remain president.

unless....

....there are stories about his SSN not matching his residence as a child, when it was issued. That is strange enough, but then you also have him using several SSN's over the years. Combine that with the allegations that he worked for the CIA over in Pakistan, and the propensity for the CIA to put former members in the POTUS seat.

Why is it not being reported on and investigated?

Or the "October Surprise"?

I am 100% positive that something is done to the American population to make them apathetic. But whatever it is, it doesn't work on some people. And that is why we are here, at ATS.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

I generally roll my eyes at the "birther" argument, mostly because it is fruitless. Right or wrong, he is and will remain president.

unless....

....there are stories about his SSN not matching his residence as a child, when it was issued. That is strange enough, but then you also have him using several SSN's over the years. Combine that with the allegations that he worked for the CIA over in Pakistan, and the propensity for the CIA to put former members in the POTUS seat.

I am 100% positive that something is done to the American population to make them apathetic. But whatever it is, it doesn't work on some people. And that is why we are here, at ATS.

flouridated pineal glands x(

this news never made the states, but i think it's certainly worthy of this thread nontheless: 29.media.tumblr.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

unless....

flouridated pineal glands x(

this news never made the states, but i think it's certainly worthy of this thread nontheless: 29.media.tumblr.com...

I haven't read this. But I think there is something more. Perhaps tied into our electronics? I am unsure. But since the end of WWII "they" have worked on ways to use varying energy waves to alter human cognitive reasoning. You have to wonder if there is an assault of some sort that creates this apathy?

You have to wonder if it is due to psychological conditioning?

I dunno...there is never a single cause of something major. It is almost without exception a concerted effort from multiple fronts. Fluoride might just be a piece of that puzzle.

You have another source for that claim?
Something with some...or without some crayon?
edit on 12-10-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

ELFs, extremely low frequencies are worth researching, too. everything is vibrational, the lower external frequenies are on something, the more negative they affect it's biology.

you could also try google if you're curious. or the ats search bar (it's probably closer). don't forget the "-crayons" command

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart

ELFs, extremely low frequencies are worth researching, too. everything is vibrational, the lower external frequenies are on something, the more negative they affect it's biology.

you could also try google if you're curious. or the ats search bar (it's probably closer). don't forget the "-crayons" command

I already believe that Schumann Resonance has something to do with it. I am unsure about the cell towers, and if they have involvement. However, I firmly believe there is a conspiracy around the effects that Schumann Frequencies have on the human brain.

and I think the Schumann relation to the human brain is a hugely under reported story. it is well understood by TPTB (see MKULTRA).

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Ah, and I remember hearing Bush junior saying that one of the reasons they were going to war against Saddam was because this was the man that had tried to kill his father. Heard that only once on MSM. "Remember this is the guy that tried to kill my father that we're talking about here."

letters.salon.com...
edit on 13-10-2010 by latitude39 because: found an interesting link to add

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
OUR GENETIC CODE IS 'ALIEN'

In 1969, a meteor fell into Australia and was later examined. Just recently, that meteor was found to have organic molecules that matched our base of genetic code. Also, the meteor was found to be over 4.6 BILLION years old. This proves that our genetic code is older then earth itself, and most likely came from another 'alien' life form.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

If true I'd say that's proof for the panspermia hypothesis

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join