It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Reported News That Was Quickly Dropped & Never Heard Of Again

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
ON Mexican Television, I remember about 8-10 Years ago the News castor mentioned that the Mexican Gov't had confirmed that extraterrestrials were real... I can never find the video though.

Interesting though.

Fox

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

VINCE FOSTER. VINCE FOSTER.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Let me ask though...how do we go about indicting people? How do we find the evidence we need to bring "them" down? I want to know, because I'm a respurceful guy and in the habit of gettin s*** done...

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
One of the biggest news that swept under the rug immediately after it showed up in the news was

THE FAKE GOLD IN THE FORT KNOX. They found that the gold bars in the Fort Knox are actually tungsten bars with gold plated.

The Historic theft on the US treasury happened and no one talks about it?

What's wrong?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Here are two more for you...

1) In the 80's there was the official statement that Planet X had been found, never to be mentioned again by Nasa.

2) Last year for a couple days the NASA homepage had a story stating that our Sun 'probably' had a binary companion star seeing as how most solar systems exist this way. The story was removed from the archive.

Regardless of the lore surrounding both of these stories, the facts remains that the information was released and then removed.

On a side note...this clip is one of my favorite 'coincidences' concerning the whole 2012 story.

edit on 9-10-2010 by [davinci] because: spelling

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
wasn't there something like this september eleventh related ?

like one of the planes reportedly landed somewhere or something, i can't remember exactly but i remember seeing it on tv .. anyone verify what i'm talking about?

You're probably thinking of Flight 93 landing in Cleveland. Purportedly a reporting "mistake":

Plane Lands In Cleveland; Bomb Feared Aboard
Reported by: 9News Staff

Web produced by: Liz Foreman

9/11/01 11:43:57 AM

A Boeing 767 out of Boston made an emergency landing Tuesday at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport due to concerns that it may have a bomb aboard, said Mayor Michael R. White.

White said the plane had been moved to a secure area of the airport, and was evacuated.

United identified the plane as Flight 93. The airline did say how many people were aboard the flight.

United said it was also "deeply concerned" about another flight, Flight 175, a Boeing 767, which was bound from Boston to Los Angeles.

On behalf of the airline CEO James Goodwin said: "The thoughts of everyone at United are with the passengers and crew of these flights. Our prayers are also with everyone on the ground who may have been involved.

"United is working with all the relevant authorities, including the FBI, to obtain further information on these flights," he said.

web.archive.org...://wcpo.com/specials/2001/americaattacked/news_local/story14.html

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]
On a side note...this clip is one of my favorite 'coincidences' concerning the whole 2012 story.

That's hilarious!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I dont know if anyones mentioned this yet, but what about the Oklahoma bombing, there were reports of other bombs in the building during rescue operations.....
There were two seismic signatures slightly apart from each other,
There was a report during the morning of the OK bombing (aprox i hour after the bombng)of a helo blowing up in midair over Killeen texas......
The entire crew and passengers(a US Army demolitions team)were killed.oddly enough the report was broadcast on the CBC network( FM) in canada.(the faa has no record of this happening,(ive checked)but they did say there was a civilian copter crash near killeen that day...having tried to get somebody down there in texas to investigate, i have had to settle for retelling this testimony whenevr opportunity arises, in hopes of providing a clue to somebody somewhere.....

\interesting coincidence Killeen Tx is about one hours blackhawk flight time from Oklahoma city......
This news report was heard once only, about one hour after the bombs went off , and never heard again.......

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Oh gawd heres another one i havnt heard squat about since its debut anouncement asa news blurb.
Two Canadian scientists have perfected a solar paint.This solar paint will produce electricity from sunlight promising a cheaper hydro bill in the future for homeowners.....
This was two yrs ago or so....wheres the paint?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos

Let me ask though...how do we go about indicting people? How do we find the evidence we need to bring "them" down? I want to know, because I'm a respurceful guy and in the habit of gettin s*** done...

Thats the ultimate question that no one really has the answer to.. I'm guessing the only thing to do, is to educate others on whats really going on. BUT, people who have gone public with this information have been called crazy truthers and shrugged off by the media..

The one thing that I have been noticing is that as long as we believe in one side of the political spectrum (Repubs or Dems), then our beloved government will leave ya alone... If you're a person who ditched the two party scam, and is demanding REAL change, then your labeled in the crazy "patriot movement" who needs special attention for possible domestic terrorism. Its unreal... They hate things that they can not control or predict.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
So in response to anyone who thinks dragon fly drones are impossible...

discaircraft.greyfalcon.us...

this link shows a human powered ornithopter flight in 1942 and then said ornithopter retrofitted with a 3 horsepower motor !!! Yes 3 horsepower which was enough for it to take off under it's own power then in it's first flight lasting fifteen minutes averaging 60 km per hour and and with a fuel consumption rate of 1.5 liters per 100km!!!! Beats the hell outta the piper cub eh?
Imagine a rebuild using modern tech computer aided optimization of design and modern materials!!! that's in the range of being able to self sustain using PV cells people....

Yet we barely manage to build a working thopter a couple years ago in the west? HMMM no they aren't supressing technology not at all!!! Oh and for those that will try and say the designer was not available to us... indeed he was as one of the designers on this project was alexander Lippisch who is in large part responsible for the development of the b 58 hustler and was one of the infamous operation paper clip nazi engineers brought here post war!!

www.ornithopter.org...

The delfly drone camera equipped less than one hundred gram dragonfly based micro air vehicle camera equipped in the WHITE WORLD.....

Now imagine this ... add in high dc voltage differentials to the flapping wings at key points!!! thereby creating a 20% or more increased virtual airfoil surface area when "flapping" then cutting off for the reset of the wing increasing speed of flapping as well... One could very easilly build a personal VTOL aircraft with much less maintenance requirement than helo's and if you used methanol or peroxide chemical reactions or the super soaker inventors new electric generation technology you'd have an enviro friendly one at that... Add in some energy scavenging tech etc and you could very easilly outperform for pennies on the dollar the newest rotorcraft from boeing or sikorsky.... which is why the big defense guys only build these small!!! you can charge 50 million for a blackhawk and get away with it.

Think about it guys!

edit on 9-10-2010 by roguetechie because: edit to add speculation and things that should make anyone who cares about the environment and humanity angry.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish

like one of the planes reportedly landed somewhere or something, i can't remember exactly but i remember seeing it on tv .. anyone verify what i'm talking about? i LITERALLY have not heard anything about it SINCE september eleventh 2001, so this would be something that literally would have been broadcast only one time, and definitely on a big news stations like CNN or FOX or something

Yes, something about a plane landing in Cleveland. I haven't heard a word about it since the week of 9/11.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

reply to post by hypattia

yeah that's it, what was up with that, was that anything? i mean, that's something i rarely even see being debated on ATS! what's up with that? conspiracy?
edit on 10/9/2010 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
periodically, i do read a first run article online, and then there is no followup at all. it just disappears off the grid. so, the presumption is: 1) its a conspiracy to take it off the public eye; 2) there is no interest in the story so no news agency follows up. personally, i believe there's a little bit of both. it is not in the interest of main stream media to post stories that are perceived to be abit science fiction or conspiratorial. in many urban areas, crimes against african americans are given very little coverage, as opposed to crimes against white women.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'm based near Glasgow in west, central Scotland in the UK.
About 1984/85 I was working for a small microfilming lab, and we always listened to the local radio station "Radio Clyde" to pass the boredom.
The music and quiz programs were interspersed with regular news updates, and I remember vividly hearing a news update about a "distress signal" which had been received, prompting a search and rescue operation.
The next bulletin, maybe 30 mins later, said that an RAF Nimrod plane, and coast guard helicopters had been dispatched to intercept the source of the signal, believed to be in the (North?) sea, but that question marks remained over the source of the signal, and whether it was in fact a "distress" signal.
30 minutes later, they had located the source of the signal, and were due to reach it in the next few minutes, but were now unsure as to the nature of the signal, which did not seem to match any known distress signal. (I was getting very interested in this by now...)
next bulletin - They had spotted a "cylindrical shaped metal object" in the sea, and were now convinced that it had NOT been a distress signal.
Next bulletin..... nothing.
Next - Nothing!
That night's news on TV - Nothing!
Newspapers next day - Nothing!

The story was never mentioned again. Not even a cover-story of any sort.

I'd LOVE to find out what they found!
G

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Whatever happened to the Indian dude that apparently hadnt ate or drank in 70 years?
I remember reading all the reports and seeing it on the news that they were putting him thru that 15 day no food/water test, and then never heard the results of whether or not he was bullsh*tin'.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metallic Monk
Were there any articles about the Franklin scandal?

Thanks for bringing this scandal back into the forum. I just learned there is a book by Nick Bryant just published in 2009. Also a website franklinscandal.com... I will be reading this. This really needs to come to light.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Ooh, almost forgot about this one:

Possibly as Large as Jupiter; Mystery Heavenly Body Discovered
By Thomas O'Toole, Washington Post Staff Writer 

Friday, December 30, 1983 ; Page A1

A heavenly body possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth that it would be part of this solar system has been found in the direction of the constellation Orion by an orbiting telescope aboard the U.S. infrared astronomical satellite.

So mysterious is the object that astronomers do not know if it is a planet, a giant comet, a nearby "protostar" that never got hot enough to become a star, a distant galaxy so young that it is still in the process of forming its first stars or a galaxy so shrouded in dust that none of the light cast by its stars ever gets through.

"All I can tell you is that we don't know what it is," Dr. Gerry Neugebauer, IRAS chief scientist for California's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and director of the Palomar Observatory for the California Institute of Technology said in an interview.

The most fascinating explanation of this mystery body, which is so cold it casts no light and has never been seen by optical telescopes on Earth or in space, is that it is a giant gaseous planet, as large as Jupiter and as close to Earth as 50 billion miles. While that may seem like a great distance in earthbound terms, it is a stone's throw in cosmological terms, so close in fact that it would be the nearest heavenly body to Earth beyond the outermost planet Pluto.

"If it is really that close, it would be a part of our solar system," said Dr. James Houck of Cornell University's Center for Radio Physics and Space Research and a member of the IRAS science team. "If it is that close, I don't know how the world's planetary scientists would even begin to classify it."

The mystery body was seen twice by the infrared satellite as it scanned the northern sky from last January to November, when the satellite ran out of the super cold helium that allowed its telescope to see the coldest bodies in the heavens. The second observation took place six months after the first and suggested the mystery body had not moved from its spot in the sky near the western edge of the constellation Orion in that time.

"This suggests it's not a comet because a comet would not be as large as the one we've observed and a comet would probably have moved," Houck said. "A planet may have moved if it were as close as 50 billion miles but it could still be a more distant planet and not have moved in six months time.

Whatever it is, Houck said, the mystery body is so cold its temperature is no more than 40 degrees above "absolute" zero, which is 459 degrees Fahrenheit below zero. The telescope aboard IRAS is cooled so low and is so sensitive it can "see" objects in the heavens that are only 20 degrees above absolute zero.

When IRAS scientists first saw the mystery body and calculated that it could be as close as 50 billion miles, there was some speculation that it might be moving toward Earth. "It's not incoming mail," Cal Tech's Neugebauer said. "I want to douse that idea with as much cold water as I can."

yowusa.com...

Yep, regarding this "mystery body" being incoming mail, he wants to douse that idea with as much cold water as he can. Move along folks, nothing to see here.

edit on 10/9/2010 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Such an excellent topic!
Here's one nobody covered yet; In the mid 80's there was a 60 Minutes episode that cover a remarkable process for using old tires for highways and it was remarkable in that it got rid of the troublesome old rubber, and created a virtually non-maintenance roadway that lasted for years.
So where's it? We can't have no maintenance roads.
edit on 9-10-2010 by Jimerton because: Didn't end well.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
what happened to gold n silver from wtc ?
www.youtube.com...
and what was "hotspot" under the rubble?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join