It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Reported News That Was Quickly Dropped & Never Heard Of Again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It is up to us to remember these coverups, and to hold people accountable. Please add more to the list!

The D.C. Madam Suicide (Murder)
Jeane Palfrey ran a business of prostitutes that reportedly DC politicians were patrons of. When Palfrey went public with her customers, she was found hanging in her apartment despite going on the radio and telling radio hosts that she was not suicidal and would never commit suicide.
www.foxnews.com...

Active CIA Agent Caught, and Pled Guilty with Helping Terrorists in India's Mumbai Attack
David Healey (CIA Agent) first pled guilty to being involved with planning the Mumbai attack in 2008, but then quickly pled not guilty after the story gained public attention.
www.youtube.com...

Water Found On The Moon
With only 20 years in service, India's space program finds a large amount of water on the moon. Shortly after, NASA sent out a large bomb to hit the moon's surface b/c they "wanted to find more water under the surface'... Most likely, NASA was clearing out any signs of US military bases before India could find them.
www.timesonline.co.uk...

CDC Admits To Inaccurate and Misleading “Flu Deaths” Stats
The CDC stated that around 4,000 people died from the swine flu, but also admits that the regular seasonal flu kills off around 100,000 people in America EVERY YEAR. The CDC has also admitted to 'fudging' the numbers to their advantage.
hiddenhealthscience.com...

Why the Solmali Pirates were Fighting Back
'Those Somali pirates - trying to stop illegal dumping and trawling, the crisis in Darfur, the war crimes charges against Sudan's president Omar al-Bashir, and the bases in Africa sought by AFRICOM are best understood in the context of the New Great Game - the scramble for Africa's resources.
In January 1991, Somalia's president Mohammed Siad Barre was overthrown by a coalition calling itself the United Somali Congress which then divided into two groups - one led by Ali Mahdi Muhammad, who became president, and the other led by Mohammed Farah Aidid.'
www.twf.org...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Here is another one:

The Clinton/Chinagate Scandel (selling military secrets to China-REAL reason for impeachment)
'A Taiwanese-born American citizen, Chung became intertwined in the Chinagate political and national security scandal in 1994 when he started making donations to the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the Clinton-Gore re-election campaign.
More than 100 witnesses to this scandal, including DNC donors and even former members of the Clinton Administration, have taken the Fifth Amendment or fled the country. Johnny Chung, in the view of insiders close to the scandal, is one of the few - if not the only - witness who is telling the truth and telling it fully.'

www.infowars.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Great thread to start! People keep them coming. I remember one story i read on foxnews about 2 years ago where people where seeing electronic Dragonflies with cameras on them flying around D.C. Any one else remember reading that?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Those where actually spacecraft's that hit the moon not a bomb. So your saying they went through all this trouble to build a moon base just to destroy it because India might find it? That really makes sense.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I think they should devote a whole forum on this.

Great idea !

We can call it The MSM cover up jar.
One place for people to write down news that was swept under the rug.

Anyways ...

In the mean time... I'll see if I can remember a cover up story.

Regards

~ Sinter

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

The Clinton/Chinagate Scandel (selling military secrets to China-REAL reason for impeachment) 'A Taiwanese-born American citizen, Chung became intertwined in the Chinagate political and national security scandal in 1994 when he started making donations to the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the Clinton-Gore re-election campaign.

William J. Clinton: Quick! Somebody find me an intern!

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Nice informative topic you have there thankyou.

Seriously they should make a forum about this, so that we get a clear overhead view of lost knowledge.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuestionTheGovernment
Those where actually spacecraft's that hit the moon not a bomb. So your saying they went through all this trouble to build a moon base just to destroy it because India might find it? That really makes sense.

Im just stating what we were told, but most likely, you're right on it being a space shuttle.

NASA's mission to bomb the Moon

NASA will tomorrow launch a spectacular mission to bomb the Moon. Their LCROSS mission will blast off from Cape Canaveral, Florida, carrying a missile that will blast a hole in the lunar surface at twice the speed of a bullet. The missile, a Centaur rocket, will be steered by a shepherding spacecraft that will guide it towards its target - a crater close to the Moon's south pole. Scientists expect the blast to be so powerful that a huge plume of debris will be ejected.
www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpAndC
Great thread to start! People keep them coming. I remember one story i read on foxnews about 2 years ago where people where seeing electronic Dragonflies with cameras on them flying around D.C. Any one else remember reading that?

HERE YA GO!!

Dragonfly or Insect Spy? Scientists at Work on Robobugs

This Story
Dragonfly or Insect Spy? Scientists at Work on Robobugs.
DragonSpies
In-Flight Camera
First-Generation Reciprocating Chemical Muscle
'The Dragonfly'
3.5 gram Hovering Ornithopter
Interactive Graphic: Turning Insects Into Scouts
Transcript: Spying and Technology
View All Items in This Story
View Only Top Items in This Story

Vanessa Alarcon saw them while working at an antiwar rally in Lafayette Square last month.

"I heard someone say, 'Oh my god, look at those,' " the college senior from New York recalled. "I look up and I'm like, 'What the hell is that?' They looked kind of like dragonflies or little helicopters. But I mean, those are not insects."

Out in the crowd, Bernard Crane saw them, too.

"I'd never seen anything like it in my life," the Washington lawyer said. "They were large for dragonflies. I thought, 'Is that mechanical, or is that alive?' "

www.washingtonpost.com...

MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

DMCA: Digital Millennium Copyright Act
edit on Sat Oct 9 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Thanks OP! This bugs me all of the time - topics that bubble up inthe news and then disappear.

Here are the latest that bother me:

Former Intelligence Officer Causes Diverted Flight

Harvard trained Professor goes on shooting spree

Man crashes plane into IRS building

Retired Green Beret and Wife murdered under mysterious circumstances

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Do you think that the US might be testing nuclear weapons on the moon, now that it is illegal to test them on Earth?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Great post, OP!

A collection of intriguing stories, all of which disappeared from the news way too soon.

S+F

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
s/f.
Nice topic! lets get this together and turn it into something like a topic or whatever.
Im hungry for more cover ups.

I remember there being a post on here about a coverup by nasa abou tthe bases that were already on the moon.
I will find it and post a link to it

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap

Do you think that the US might be testing nuclear weapons on the moon, now that it is illegal to test them on Earth?

I dont know about the moon but the US was testing nuclear weapons in space years ago. There is a documentary about it. I would not be surprised if they still were. There are some really good documentaries out there about the US use of nuclear weapons in testing. A bunch were set off underground in NMexico.

Nukes In Space: Rainbow Bombs

edit on 8-10-2010 by iamcamouflage because: spelling

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

It happens all the time. It also happened with the whole Apollo 19/20 situation. The guy that was supposedly the Commander on Apollo 20 was deleted from the official AF website. Here is his profile by normal google searches:

www.af.mil...

Then here it is using the Wayback Machine but copy and paste it into your browser:

/web/20040212035903/www.af.mil...

Just add the following before the first forward slash. web.archive.org....

Otherwise it will keep blocking it.

Oh wow! Not only do you get a picture of the guy but his whole resume. So who does receive the Defensive Distinguished Service Medal during a non-war mission. Very interesting!

According to the Wiki:

The Defense Distinguished Service Medal (DDSM) is a United States military award which is presented for exceptionally distinguished performance of duty contributing to national security or defense of the United States. The medal was created on July 9, 1970 by President Richard Nixon in Executive Order 11545. It is the United States's highest non-combat related military award and it is the highest joint service decoration. The Defense Distinguished Service Medal is awarded only while assigned to a joint activity. Normally, such responsibilities deserving of the Defense Distinguished Service Medal are held by the most senior officers such as the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Chiefs and Vice Chiefs of the Services, and Commanders and Deputy Commanders of the Combatant Commands, the Director of the Joint Staff etc., whose duties bring them frequently into direct contact with the Secretary of Defense, the Deputy Secretary of Defense, and other senior government officials. In addition, the DDSM may also be awarded to other service members whose direct and individual contributions to national security or national defense are recognized as being so exceptional in scope and value as to be equivalent to contributions normally associated with positions encompassing broader responsibilities.

So it does not surprise me that such things occur. Just be careful as to what you report. I already got enough harrasement about the aformentioned situation.

edit on 8-10-2010 by Kratos40 because: (no reason given)

Remove the dots after the link.
edit on 8-10-2010 by Kratos40 because: Just to circumvent TPTB annoying web search of relevant material.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

MSMD,
You get a S & F from me simply because you have started a thread made up of the kind of info that should be on ATS instead of idiotic threads like "What do Aliens have for dinner?"

I remember when the prostitution ring was exposed in DC and remember thinking "She is not long for this Earth"
If you uncover any sleaze, normally there will be some politicians associated with it.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Great thread!

The rabbit hole runs deep and the age old saying of "power corrups, and absolute power corrupts absolutely"

TPTB run amok awaiting the time when the populas will rise against them The time is now.

More and more people begin to see the real truth and they have little or nowhere to hide

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Interesting post. TY S&F's from me

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Palfrey was running a call girl operation in washington for 15 years I think (might have been 17). And the reason why she was suicided is because having been in this business in that town for so long, she has a big black book of clients and their names who used her services (thats another thing that slipped the MSM, what about the black book of hers that she talked about, they only showed a small sample and not the rest), and their was alot of speculation that not only politicians and even Dick Cheney (while an exec at Haliburton) used her services but also many media moguls. She was suicided at her moms house in the backyard shed where she hanged herself . The one woman that hanged herself in her apt. was I think a college professor from one of the virginia colleges (she was one of Palfreys girls a while ago) and she was talking loud that she didn't think it was fair and that she was going to out people and she ended up hanging from her ceiling if I remember correctly. You see Palfrey isn't stupid and she wasn't afraid of going to prison either. If you or me was in that book, so what we are nobodies. But if you have names of dems and republicans and business and media moguls and even district attorneys and such, then you have leverage. Many of them wouldn't want that info out that they used her services. She could have made millions on just selling it to someone alone.

Also in regard to the Indian satellite and others detecting more water than they thought should be on the moon, that truly fell off the news radar real quick. If anybody could find this online I would really appreciate it because I can't find it anymore. But their was a pdf file I linked too that showed building a base on the moon back in the late 60's. It showed them using rockets to land and then living primarily in dug out caves and tunnels that went to surface bunkers which where covered by lunar regalith. And their was more but I don't remember. I've been trying to find it off and on for close to 3 years and still can't. Something happened on the moon or is still happening and I can't believe that they would spend all that money and all that time just to keep sending up 3 men to land on the moon to pick up rocks and regalith which they got back from the other teams. What was the true reason for allowing the rocket section to crash into the moon, I don't think it was to destroy a base.

The other stories where good too, but our media is so controlled that it seems the only way you get real news anymore is to go to international news agencies via the web.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Here is one that most people haven't seen or mentioned. I saw a mention of it in a local paper. Then I didn't see or hear anything else about it.
Lobbyist Buy Congress

The Center calculates that interest groups spent $17.4 million on lobbying for every day Congress was in session in 2008, or $32,523 per legislator per day. Center director Sheila Krumholz says, “The federal government is handing out billions of dollars by the day, and that translates into job security for lobbyists who can help companies and industries get a piece of the payout.”

Health interests spent more on Federal lobbying than any other economic sector. Their $478.5 million guaranteed the crown for the third year, with the finance, insurance, real estate sector a runner up, spending $453.5 million. The pharmaceutical/health products industry contributed $230.9 million, raising their last eleven-year total to over $1.6 billion. The second-biggest spender among industries in 2008 was electric utilities, which spent $156.7 million on lobbying, followed by insurance, which spent $153.2 million, and oil and gas, which paid lobbyists $133.2 million. Pro-Israel groups, food processing companies, and the oil and gas industry increased their lobbying expenditures the most (as a percentage) between 2007 and 2008.
[ex]

edit on 8-10-2010 by MikeNice81 because: original opening made little sense

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join