It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Reported News That Was Quickly Dropped & Never Heard Of Again

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

The D.C. Madam Suicide (Murder)
Jeane Palfrey ran a business of prostitutes that reportedly DC politicians were patrons of. When Palfrey went public with her customers, she was found hanging in her apartment despite going on the radio and telling radio hosts that she was not suicidal and would never commit suicide.
www.foxnews.com...

I'd like to be the first to debunk the Madam Suicide. While It's true that Deborah Palfrey went on the radio saying that she could never kill herself, but she has also stated to her family repeatedly that she could "never go to prison". She was sentenced to a maximum of 55 years. She said this before she was sentenced.

Her family found two suicide notes and behavior that matches those who have attempted/succeeded at suicide. She moved her money around to family members and watched videos of her dead father the night before she hung herself.

I'm sure she messed up a lot of lives and a lot of very important/powerful people were angry with her... but she wasn't killed.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hi good news fans.

What about all the lies on the gulf of Mexico disaster/calamity/catastrophe ???
THAT is pushed under the rug almost every day.
See how the MSM is quiet about it ?!

Blue skies.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
A few years ago there was a report from an MIT scientist with a Jewish name who said they discovered a much cheaper solar energy storage system. It was working with separating water to hydrogene and oxygene in separate tanks - usin a little power electrode setup with cadmium and I forgot the other one - a pretty common metal like lithium. Thy said only engineering questions followed but that building this in each house woud be no less safe than building a natural gas furnace.
Any palce I search this piece of news for disappeared since that time - probably August 2008 or something. Would appreciate if you found something - even in u2u

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If the category is, "News That Was Reported, Quickly Dropped and Never Heard Again," then here's the all-time winner:

edit on 10/8/2010 by GoldenFleece because: fixed link

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
And here's the runner-up:

Five men detained as suspected conspirators
By PAULO LIMA
Staff Writer

ABOUT eight hours after terrorists struck Manhattan's tallest skyscrapers, police in Bergen County detained five men who they said were found carrying maps linking them to the blasts.

The five men, who were in a van stopped on Route 3 in East Rutherford around 4:30 p.m., were being questioned by police but had not been charged with any crime late Tuesday. The Bergen County Police bomb squad X-rayed packages found inside the van but did not find any explosives, authorities said.

However, sources close to the investigation said they found other evidence linking the men to the bombing plot.

"There are maps of the city in the car with certain places highlighted," the source said. "It looked like they're hooked in with this. It looked like they knew what was going to happen when they were at Liberty State Park."

Sources also said that bomb-sniffing dogs reacted as if they had detected explosives, although officers were unable to find anything. The FBI seized the van for further testing, authorities said.

Sources said the van was stopped as it headed east on Route 3, between the Hackensack River bridge and the Sheraton hotel. As a precaution, police shut down Route 3 traffic in both directions after the stop and evacuated a small roadside motel near the Sheraton.

Sources close to the investigation said the men said they were Israeli tourists, but police had not been able to confirm their identities. Authorities would not release their names...

www.fpp.co.uk...

Excuse me, runner-ups:

Arutz Sheva News Service, IsraelNationalNews.com 10-26-01

Five young Israelis are "on the verge of collapse," according to family members, as their incarceration in New York on charges relating to the Bin Laden attacks continues. They were arrested on Sept. 11, only hours after the World Trade Center attack, on charges of "plotting to blow up" a New York bridge.

Katie Shmuel of the Galilee town of Yokne'am, says that her son Yaron is in "a very critical psychological situation," given that they are not allowed to have visitors and the difficult conditions in which they are being held. "The Israeli Consul-General in New York was allowed to visit only after asking several times and receiving a special permit," Katie told Arutz-7's Yosef Zalmanson today. "He was allowed to talk to them only in English, and only from behind a glass partition. The Consul told me that the boys are in a bad state and that they are being held under difficult conditions."

When asked why the five youths, aged 22-26, are being held, Katie replied with despair: "It's ludicrous. They were on the George Washington Bridge at the time of the bombing, and the FBI had warnings of a terrorist plot, of guys in a white van, to blow up the bridge. So when the FBI saw this van, with my son and his four friends - one of them had a large sum of money, there were two razor knives in the van, and one of the boys is named Omer, which the FBI guys thought was Omar - they put one and one together and got three, and immediately arrested them... For the first few days, the boys were held in an FBI dungeon, tied up, with no clothes and no food."

edit on 10/8/2010 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
One story that still really bugs me is the "undersea cable cuts" in 2008. Remember those?

... we are probably dealing with as many as eight, maybe even nine, unexplained cut or damaged undersea cables within the last week, and not the mere three or four that most mainstream news media outlets in the United States are presently reporting. 1) one off of Marseille, France 2) two off of Alexandria, Egypt 3) one off of Dubai, in the Persian Gulf 4) one off of Bandar Abbas, Iran in the Persian Gulf 5) one between Qatar and the UAE, in the Persian Gulf 6) one in the Suez, Egypt 7) one near Penang, Malaysia 8) initially unreported cable cut on 23 January 2008 (Persian Gulf?)

source

So the media explains all these cuts as ships dragging their anchors.

edit on 10/8/2010 by sodakota because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

Hi there, just to point that your could have pushed your research a little further on this case : www.af.mil... is the good link that points to this guy bio. They just added "information" before "bios". So, before yelling "conspiracy", just use the AF search engine with the name you are searching for instead of relying on google.

Peace out.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
If the category is, "News That Was Reported, Quickly Dropped and Never Heard Again," then here's the all-time winner:

edit on 10/8/2010 by GoldenFleece because: fixed link

What are you talking about? I hear about 9/11 everyday. I can't recall any news source officially saying it was bombs or there wasn't any planes anyway. That story never went anywhere; even the no plane theory is common as dirt. I don't see why you think that story was dropped and never heard of again.

After watching the video for a second time and turning up the volume I now know what you were referring to, that is my mistake.
edit on 8-10-2010 by milkmustache because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'll not forget the day a busted blond bimbo on FOX was alerting us to a white house 'assassination' threat as choppers showed a live scene of a red volkswagen beetle and the terris inside, who was being thoroughly soaked with teargas, and who appeared quite calm in the face of it. Introducing mossad agent Joseph Moshe, who was outing baxter travenol for placing something in their latest flu vaccine, which was en route to Ukraine; 'something' that killed ferrets, when vaccinated, with the samples, tested independently, and by surprise, in Canada. This was a huge story because it was a hit gone wrong, and they know it. It could easily have turned in to a race riot, had this man been killed. For whatever reason, his life was spared, and he was swiftly rolled up in to a rug and sent back to israel. It helped, I would say, that he had acted calm. Try doing that sometime, when being bombed with tear gas and such. Joseph had had to have realized his life was on the line. He was whistleblowing, tattling on baxter, and a template was sent to the media, to overlay on our senses, as to create a deck containing only race cards from which to deal from.

Perhaps the alphabet agency trigger fingers on the scene had a crisis of conscience on their hands? Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of Ukranians fell ill to a suspected reincarnation of a 1917 flu germ, which was isolated from core ice samples somewhere.

The story was dropped, Joseph fell in to obscurity, and baxter's stock continued to rise, against all odds. I don't believe the media touched the plight of Ukraine's outbreak, which turned the lungs black, killed ya, basically. The whole thing was hush hush.

Hot thread here OP, a great boost to the site.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

Hi there, here is the info you are looking for about the solar-hydrogen : www.popularmechanics.com... . I also remember that i found a British company that sells 3 or 4 different systems based on that technology but i can't remember the name.

Peace out.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigwig22
reply to post by Kratos40

Hi there, just to point that your could have pushed your research a little further on this case : www.af.mil... is the good link that points to this guy bio. They just added "information" before "bios". So, before yelling "conspiracy", just use the AF search engine with the name you are searching for instead of relying on google.

Peace out.

Dear bigwig,

Thank you for giving me this information. I was going by information that I encountered a couple years ago. Nonetheless, this is very interesting. I will have to compare the "old" profile with the "new" one. Thank you for providing this information. Let me know if you need help in any ATS forums!

Best regards,

Kratos40

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkmustache
What are you talking about? I hear about 9/11 everyday. I can't recall any news source officially saying it was bombs

Correct, after 9/11, those numerous secondary explosions were never mentioned again.

But it doesn't require turning up the volume to hear how often and how many people discussed them on 9/11.

edit on 10/8/2010 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

Most likely, NASA was clearing out any signs of US military bases before India could find them.

nice joke
nasa have had Moon bases, but cannot flight to ISS with own spacecrafts

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarK0Y
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

Most likely, NASA was clearing out any signs of US military bases before India could find them.

nice joke
nasa have had Moon bases, but cannot flight to ISS with own spacecrafts

That is an interesting observation. It looks like we will be relying on Soyuz technology for a awhile. So my question is, how did this happen and why? It's like a regression like I would not believe. What not the Apollo program a success? So what happened? I know, people will say Vietman....blah, blah. But Nixon already executed the next phase in Fiat Currency.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
These are great stories. Some of them I was lucky enough to catch and read when they first happened through the usual channels, but most I didn't.

This would definitely make for a cool permanent Discussion Forum topic on ATS.

What would it be called? "Cover Ups", "Swept Under The Carpet" or "The Carpet" for short? Something like that.

Still, it would be something a little different that Breaking Alternative News that people would probably gravitate to on a regular basis.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
CIA Torture Jet crashed with 4 Tons of COCAINE. i thought this was one of the craziest things ever.

not a crazy one but interesting
Jack Nicholson's solar/hydrogen car in 1978

Dean Kamen SLINGSHOT water purifier. Dean Kamen invented(or his company did) the SEGWAY. he showed this water purifier that couls basically clean any type of contaminate out of water. something allot of people would love to have.

here he is on colbert nation showing off the device....i want one!
Slingshot water purifier
edit on 8-10-2010 by PonyoSon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Here's one from 2007 involving corruption in Iraq. Donald Vance reported to the FBI of illegal arms sales and was imprisoned by the U.S. military.

Navy vet show risk that Iraq whistle blowers face
Donald Vance Wiki

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EugeneTheBeast
Here's one from 2007 involving corruption in Iraq. Donald Vance reported to the FBI of illegal arms sales and was imprisoned by the U.S. military.

Navy vet show risk that Iraq whistle blowers face
Donald Vance Wiki

Wow, thats the first time I have ever of Donald Vance's story!! Great find..

Thank everyone for the input, and keep the cover-ups coming!!

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
What about the news about the two Japanese men caught with $134B worth of US bonds, they were never charged with anything. There was never a follow up to the story about what happened to them and no verification that the bonds were fake. There was a total media blackout.

www.asianews.it...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Like the Idea, I do recall something about the dragonfly incident. There was more than one college girl who saw that. The University actually had a blurb about it in one of their local papers on the campus.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join