It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The British Invasion of 1964 – How the London Bankers Ended American Sovereignty

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nesta
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

No problem. It is an interesting theory and I thank you for putting it all together so nicely. I think it is plausible that Kesey was working on behalf of the CIA. The story he gave was that he would get a hold of the drug by breaking into the room where they stored the '___' at the hospital where he was employed and where the MKULTRA experiments on him took place. I'm not sure how long that took place, but I'm pretty sure it was before he ever came into contact with Owsley Stanley or the Grateful Dead. I do find it interesting how Leary seemed to take more heat than Kesey, but I think it's possible that this could be partly due to the difference in attitude between the east and the west coast. It may have also been due to the fact that Leary was a more respectable and credible member of society on account of his position as a professor at Harvard. If it was due to Kesey having CIA connections the story is much more interesting though.

Leary had the most pressure exerted on him though once he moved to Beverly Hills. It was in Los Angeles that the Government really went after him big time, and forced him into a compromise solution.

Next to Haight-Ashbury the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles was central to what was largely a west coast movement sweeping the nation. Clubs like the Whiskey A Go Go, the Roxy, Gazarris, the Trubadour and Starwood, were all central to the Music Industry operating as show cases for the bands and the Record Labels headquartered in L.A.

This of course brought throngs of hippie music lovers and Leary's intrussion into the ground zero areas might have been a much greater threat than his academic ramblings were when he was simple an East Coast Figure.

Eventually it was L.A. that would create the marketing trends that would make being a Hippie cool and fashionable. Likewise defining the essence of what a Hippie is and should be.

Leary being in Beverly Hills was probably way to close for comfort.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Well I guess that rules out the possibility of it being due to difference in attitude between the two coasts. That leads me to believe either that Kesey really was connected or that, as I said before, it may have been due to Leary's prominence in the academic community.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Thanks for another informative post. I always thought there was something sinister behind the hippie movement. It seems so obvious after you point it out, but until someone draws the lines for you, its hard to put it all together.

I might mention the poisoning of an entire village's water supply with '___' during Vietnam or the tests done on soldiers whose later flashbacks were attributed to PTSD.

The use of '___' by the CIA was part of project MKUltra.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Very interesting reading. Thanks PT and all contributors. I do not want to derail the thread but extend the scope of questioning. There was another "British invasion", bit similar to what took place at 60's in US - Free tekno movement in 90's started by Spiral Tribe soundsystem. For many people in Europe of my generation was/is free tekno movement of same importance as hippies movement for our fathers generation.
After 4 years of free and quite wild parties there came Criminal Justice Act update with (in)famous sentence:
"... sounds wholly or predominantly characterised by the emission of a succession of repetitive beats ... ". So, is there possibility that Spiral Tribe were somehow guided by some secret service or think tank? Was it all attempt to test willingness of public to give away their freedoms while facing those ugly, dirty and noisy travelers? For sure there was (and still is) great demand for something other than club culture infested with advertisement, big recording labels and synthetic stars.
Another interesting fact is the obsession of Spiral Tribe with number 23. As many ATS readers know, numbers may have special meanings in particular context. Also Spiral Tribe Manifest may point to "esoteric" knowledge ... or be plain New Age BS.
The fact is that when free tekno gained almost mainstream popularity it turned to be disaster for many attendants. Too much drugs, unlimited "freedom" without responsibility, diversion from substantial matters to "just for fun" attitude. May be this was attempt to employ young people with "counter culture" because then they will not mess with real politics.
To be honest I'm part of free tekno community for long time and I must say that it gave me a lot off good. On other side I see pretty well it destructive face.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zeddissad2

reply to post by zeddissad2

I do question what or who is really behind the whole "Rave" movement of techno beats, ecstasy use, and communal gathering.

I think one of the things that the Powers that Be understand is that each generation to some extent requires it's own rebellious style 'rite of passage' that lends itself to mass manipulation, when they can intersect at the tribal level, upwards on the organizational level.

Ecstasy is a pretty damaging drug, because it actually causes the brain to release it's own serotonin in excessive supply to create a sense of euphoria. Unlike opiates that actually manufacture endorphins, another natural chemical produced by the body to combat fatigue and pain, serotonin is much more intrinsic to our general day to day state and sense of well being.

Endorphins can be manufactured endlessly, however we only have a limited lifetime supply of serotonin stored in the brain at birth. Serotonin unlike endorphins can not be naturally or artificially multiplied. So once the ecstasy user has done enough of the drug to cause their limited lifetime supply of serotonin to be depleted they are then stuck in a chronically depressed state, that then leads to having to be dependent upon anti-depressant drugs to maintain any form of functional life.

So who wins big the pharmaceutical companies and the government where moving forward your very happiness is now dependent upon them!

Great post, thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
. Serotonin unlike endorphins can not be naturally or artificially multiplied. So once the ecstasy user has done enough of the drug to cause their limited lifetime supply of serotonin to be depleted they are then stuck in a chronically depressed state, that then leads to having to be dependent upon anti-depressant drugs to maintain any form of functional life.

Again, more utter garbage used to prove a point. I suppose you were hoping, once again, no one would call you out on this.

Serotonin is synthesised in the body! How can you claim it "cannot be naturally or artificially multiplied"? What a silly thing to claim. If that was true, where did it come from? Seratonin is manufactured constantly by the body and much of it is concentrated in the Human gut where it is produced.

Once more, you're talking out of your bottom in an attempt to prove a silly point. You reckon the "rave" movement was an evil plot by TPTB as well as the Beetles? Oh dear lord....

Without contravening the T&C's, lets just say I "enjoyed" the "rave" movement in the 90's and early naughties and I am not in a "constantly depressive state" needing pharmacuticals to keep me going.
edit on 4/10/10 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The belief that '___', while having been experimented with for mind control purposes, could be used in such a manner is pretty laughable I think. It means you likely haven't tried acid before. The last thing someone can control is your mind.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Serotonin mechanism is quite different as mentioned above. Amphetamines are blocking serotonin receptors so concentration of serotonin in brain is higher during intoxication - on this principle most of antidepressants work. But as is concentration of serotonin high, brain stops its natural production and here starts depressive hangover. Friend of mine got 3 year of serious depression after 1 year of intensive ecstasy usage. You can pretty well see from this point how are antidepressants misused today. It should be used only for short time just to enable participation on psychotherapy. Antidepressants can not solve problem alone.
As I remember '___', Amphetamine (speed) and booze were prevalent drugs among core of ravers. Ecstasy was seen as drug of "gay clubbers". Later also Ketamine.
In general terms I agree with you: drugs are pushed into society by some "higher places". Reasons? There are many. War on drugs and profits from narcobusiness are well documented. Others may be dumbing down the population and distraction from substantial political matters. Young man were traditionally send to war to maintain stability of society.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Nice thread PP, I really enjoy reading you writings, I do however have to disagree that cannabis was also used in a MKULTRA style social engineering. Cannabis has co-evolved with humans and dates back further than 5000 years in its use in medicine, mind alteration and a range of other uses such as textiles, and paper. Etc. TPTB have been trying to create a disconnect between nature and humans since Genesis was conjured up for example the story of Adam and Eve, eating from the tree of knowledge. Nature has always been a source of knowledge and to this day TPTB (org religions, governments and corporations) have tried to prohibit its use. I do doubt they would promote cannabis use when it is so profitable both economically and socially to prohibit the substance. Sorry small point but important to me. In regards to other drugs I do tend to agree with you.
edit on 1-11-2010 by deenuu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Good thread.
S&F OP.

We have been living in the age of mind control for a while.
Seems logical what you are saying. To take over, you have to convince the people.
Let me put an example, although it's not through music, this is the way it was done back then.
Spain, took over Catalunya. Since then, more and more Spanish people have populated Catalunya outnumbering the Catalans themselves.
Nowaday's, the true Catalans are a minority and no one really takes them seriously. Yes they have their own language, police and autonomous government, but still, they are under and a part of Spain.
This is how it was done here.
So now in the age of mind control, age of the TV, it's even easier.

It's all mass propaganda now, it was mass propaganda then.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

This is amazing PT, can't believe I missed it til now
Time for a bump I think

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusthestuntbum

This is amazing PT, can't believe I missed it til now
Time for a bump I think

I think it's a very compelling look at many of the things going on behind the scenes back then in really what might one day be seen as the truly pivotal point in American history it was.

I think a lot of us would love the economic opportunities, wages, lifestyles, and period of spontaneous public expression and schools of alternative thought, and general freedoms that have long since dissapeared since then to return again.

Thanks for posting my friend.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join