It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "Mexicans" Were Here "Long Before America Was Even An Idea"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Qonscious

By Qonscious, I think you've got it.
The Teleprompter of the United States experienced a glitch.
He actually meant to say "The Creator" instead of "Mexicans"

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I agree that Mexicans did not found the United States? When did anyone ever say that they did?

As for the US being founded on "freedom", go back and look at the history or the Puritan colonies in New England, or Virginia, Maryland and South Carolina in the 17th and 18th Centuries, where 40-60% of the population were servants and slaves.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
If half of this country was still part of Mexico, I seriously doubt we would even be posting here today, or anywhere else for that matter.

I mean, think about it, Silicon Valley would probably be producing tortilla chips instead or microchips.

What's a little war of aggression between friends?

Of course, that doesn't match official US propaganda, does it, where we must always be the "good guys" no matter what, never an empire that conquers others.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I also think that people should ask themselves just what the US contribution has been in making Mexico and Latin America what they are today?

Or have we just been innocent bystanders these last 100 years or so?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
. We all shared the same land," President Obama told the Congressional Hispanic Caucus.

Mexico declared its independence on September 16, 1810. It was recognized on September 27, 1821.

The United States of America declared its independence in 1776.

Of course, obama also thinks there are 57 states in the U.S.

edit on 9/21/2010 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

I would also say that Mexico had good reason to regret inviting the Americans into Texas in the 1820s, although by the time they realized what was happening to was too late.

And of course, this meant that we added yet another slave state to the Union in 1845, although the North had blocked this for nine years and President Tyler got Texas admitted through political trickery.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Let's also not forget. Long before the Asiatic tribes, the European migrants arrived:

www.sciencedaily.com...

And long before them? The Aussies too, claimed this land.

news.bbc.co.uk...

How about this. Dirt is dirt. It has no value. Whoever was there first died a long time ago. Who cares anymore?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yeah, right.

We Americans stole this nation fair and square from the Indians,

The Indians were here before The Mexicans, The Spanish, The Dutch, The Germans, The French, The British or the Tasmanians, for that matter.

If anyone got the short end of the stick, it was the Indians, and they got the shaft from all those listed above.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Just for a bit of fun,

Sticking rat hole you all say, all crying a braying to go to the land of opportunity?

Jeez they must have blown the GDP on those fireworks there then!?????

@poet1b, yeah can;t you just see all those people, so proud about being.............Spanish????

edit on 22/9/2010 by JakiusFogg because: coz

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by witness63

Oh man! You didn't go there! Oh man! You did go there!

Yes there were slaves here in the

BTW, going back to the topic of the thread, I have only one question for Obama. Where in the 7734 did you learn history at? Oh! My bad! You didn't! #@&*ing moron!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Once again, the President makes an actual valid point and the haters are on his a$$ bashing away. I'm not sure if I understand the racism on this site lately...

It seems quite overboard.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
A pertinent question of ever there was one.

Why do Americans celebrate Thanksgiving? When surely this was a point before the USA existed. The whole of the arguments I have seen here is only that Mexico declare independence in 1810, which was 34 years after the declaration of independence of the USA, Or was it the United Colonies?? not sure.

The whole of this premise is flawed, stating that they cannot have historical affinity to any point before then as it was under the control of Spain??? Given that reasoning you lot should not be celebrating thanksgiving, and maybe the British should, as the point we got rid of a bunch of people who thought it was a good idea to had belt buckles on their hats!!!

So laterally thinking if you guys are allowed to do it then so are the Mexicans, and there for Obama is correct. That Mexicans (the Mexhtli) where there on the land of what is now the western states of the USA BEFORE it was even an idea, as you guys were just sitting down eating corn, and fearing gods wrath, long after the Mexicans had built some of the greatest structures in the world.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

reply to Wyn Hawks

Two examples of liberal elitism here.

First, pandering to potential voters with lies is OK- because the ruling liberal philosophy is "anything goes". It used to be called "the ends justify the means" when Lenin and Marx made it infamous.

...i didnt say it was okay... reality = pandering with lies is such an old protocal it became an accepted standard... you want to blame it on a particular group (liberal elitists) but no group is exempt, especially the gop...

Second, an example of the classic liberal viewpoint that anyone who doesn't agree with them is stupid, retarded, or in this case a "nitwit". Name calling is juvenile behaviour.

...you do it a lot - so i reckon that means you're a classic liberal elitist... what a hooter...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
A pertinent question of ever there was one.

....So laterally thinking if you guys are allowed to do it then so are the Mexicans, and there for Obama is correct. That Mexicans (the Mexhtli) where there on the land of what is now the western states of the USA BEFORE it was even an idea, as you guys were just sitting down eating corn, and fearing gods wrath, long after the Mexicans had built some of the greatest structures in the world.

Right. The Mexicans were there alright!

They had massacred the native Indians long before, but hey that doesn't count. Right?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Obama: "Mexicans" Were Here "Long Before America Was Even An Idea"

Every time Obama opens his mouth, he adds credence to the fact that he is a complete moron. Of course, as others have pointed out, this remark of his, is not about history; it is about giving illegals citizenship, free college, jobs ahead of Americans in return for voting for the "massers" who will keep the goodies coming, as long as they are in power.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Where does it say anywhere in any of my posts, that any one civilisation were a bunch of tree hugging hippies, living in peace with nature and their fellow man.

The history of the world is littered with the stories of the conquers and the conquered. Lets not be naive about this. In fact this exact reasoning is wheeled out enough by Americans every time it suits the argument on the annexation of Mexican land, and we should all get over it.

Ahhh but I forgot my own advice. as the Americans are better than everyone else so this rule only applies to them, and then they get shocked with reality bites them in the arse!! because the USA always did and does things by peaceful diplomacy, and straight talking ???

Grow up dear boy! and see the thing for the way they are. no amount of semantics of going to hide cold hard truth no matter how much you disagree with the politics of the person who said it.

edit on 22/9/2010 by JakiusFogg because: innit

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Geez, no wonder the Mexican government can't and won't take care of its own people.
Seems all them pesos are paying for Chinese fireworks.
Hecho en China

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Fair enough.

My mistake. I misinterpreted your post.

However, the point I made still stands.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Come on, man. Is it that hard to understand what he meant? Europeans arrived on this continent and started relocating its indigenous people. There is no question that the Latin American civilizations extended well up through texas, new mexico, nevada, and california. All Mr. Obama was getting at is that we, the American citizens could show a little more respect to our fellow human beings. No, we don't have to bend over backwards and give non-citizens the same rights, but the same oppertunities. Become a citizen, get a job and education, pay taxes and get your little slice of pie. People that trip on words so much that they distort the original intent. Realize, obama is only human. Everybody says stuff that comes out wrong. Not only that, but people write his speeches for him.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

This land was taken by those far more advanced in weaponry and strategy - greed, progress and firepower.

The weak were pushed back and the land was conquered! They all either conformed or left.

Plain and simple -

This way of all men has been going on for thousands of years. So, what is the purpose of Obama's comment? To continue to racially divide and to accumulate those votes, nothing more and nothing less

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by romanmel

...Ahhh but I forgot my own advice. as the Americans are better than everyone else so this rule only applies to them,..
edit on 22/9/2010 by JakiusFogg because: innit

'Bout time you recognized your betteruns...

You sound British...speaking of "reality biting their arse". I believe we did that to y'all a couple times, early on 'ol boy.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join