It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
like the new site, just not too fond of all threads titles changing to preloaded images once hovering over it.
It's kind of distracting

otherwise great job!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I really don't like the new layout. The forum layout takes up a huge amount of space where it didn't before.

Is there a way you guys could maybe implement a style system, so people who like this new layout could choose to use it, and those of us that would rather have the old familiar layout could use that as well.

I'd much rather have something functional and easy on the eyes, than something flashy, hard to look at, and taking up double the space it used to.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Very nice final touches ... well worth the wait. I guess next year when and if you change the design again I will hold my comments until the final things are completed.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Ok I'm not sure if I should be posting this here or in the issue thread and [ I'm not sure if it's really an issue] Where is the member search option? you know, to look up other members?

edit on 9-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: becuase I can!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Hey, what happened to all of the funny BTS smileys?

I was gonna ask if they could be available in ATS now that they've merged but, I noticed they're missing from BTS now.

That's just wrong.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Go to>Member Tools>More...>left hand side menu, third from bottom.

Or bookmark this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Damn I hate when forums and sites change. I like the old one better

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

sorry, perhaps I didn't express myself clearly enough.

originally, I generally just went to one page for pretty much everything - the home page - and opened articles/threads of interest directly from there. I knew where everything was on the page (kinda), and scrolled to what I wanted quickly.

now my behavior is modified - I go to one page - can't find what I'm looking for - so go to two or three others instead.

I'm sure you will be familiar with the supermarket tactics of changing the shop layout - forcing consumers to meander around and being 'sold' to in the process. It's a science. There may be no more 'advertising' in the new layout - but the behavior of the shopper is modified so that the advertising is more effective. We have some supermarkets here, where it's almost impossible to shop quickly - where the path has been forced to go past several aisles. I was musing whether that was the intention (call me a suspicious conspiracy theorist ;-) - who'd have thought).

Hey, I'll modify my behavior in time, and will figure out how to find what I want in reasonable time I guess.

The site is still pretty usable. It loads quick for me.

Are you guys ever going to create a m.abovetopsecret.com mobile site? That'd be cool.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Has anyone got a screen shot of what the new "thread" pages are going to look like? I am rather curious...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Bring back the old style news firehose.

I like everything about the new site layout, it feels fresh, looks sharp, and contains a better ATS firehose, but in the changes the usefulness of the older style news firehose was lost.

Before the site revamp It used to be easy to check out the alternative news for the day as all new threads in the BAN forum showed up in a list of newest to oldest.

Would it be possible to bring back that style of formatting for that forum?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
The new firehose for the Breaking Alternative News forum *is* displayed in order of posting.

Are we looking at the same page?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingKongBongoBong
Has anyone got a screen shot of what the new "thread" pages are going to look like? I am rather curious...

More or less like this: 2010-thread.jpg (420k)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I like it! It is starting to grow on me

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

One thing...

I have only noticed this now that I highlighted some of the page, but at the bottom (at above network picture), the links are all black until you put your mouse over them?

I just see "INFO, CONTENT, VIDEO, HELP"...

edit on 10-9-2010 by KingKongBongoBong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

So are we allowed to have our posts in all one color if we want
I never knew if we could but now that you have those options there I was wondering.

[color=414141]Yes, you can change the color of text if you want to. you can add the color code in if you want to, or use the name of the color you would like the text to be.

if you try to quote me you will see an example of this here in this post.

if you are on ATS dark setting, you may not think there are words written here at first.

hope this helps,
et

i'm enjoying the new look and still getting used to it.

thanks guys,
et

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
question answered.

edit on 10-9-2010 by KingKongBongoBong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I didnt think i was that old but i just cannot for the life of me use this new system. I cant find anything and its hard to read the things i do find...

I like the idea of having a "revert to old style" button so that the rest of us that arent adaptable can still post relatively effectively.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I like the new layout and colours, refreshin' and long overdue.

One thing though, the ''Conspiracy Chicks'', I still hate the name and still cannot get used to it, sounds like something from a teen mag website or something out of a Scooby Doo adventure, it's not a fitting name for ATS, it's just not dignified.

How do I get it changed?
, I'm serious.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
same here ...I really REALLY dont like this new style.

Everything is soooo BIG and all over the place, and difficult to navigate, and everything was SOOOOO cool and awesome before.

I got a few buddies that recently joined ATS and one guy is leaving cause he doesnt like the new style since he only goes on here from his blackberry while at breaks at work and on his MINI Opera browser its all messed up.

The old site was so aero-dynamic, clean, compact and very easy to navigate. But now I really just don't like navigating on this new style and its keeping me away from ATS to be honest.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The new member center is up and running with a bunch of new and improved features.

Among the most significant updates are "free" changes to the colors in your mini-profile, a revamped private message interface... and... and... a one-stop place to change your password on BOTH ATS and the MEDIA PORTAL in one simple form.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join