It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Shots fired' at Turkey's embassy in Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

'Shots fired' at Turkey's embassy in Israel

www.bbc.co.uk

Shots have been fired in Tel Aviv, Israel, at the Turkish embassy, Israeli police say.

There are unconfirmed reports that a hostage situation is developing inside the embassy compound.

Other reports on Israeli media say a man who entered the embassy, whether by force or not is unclear, has been shot.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Unconfirmed reports of hostages being taken.

(how many is unclear at the moment)

I think this is almost certainly something to do with the recent choppy Israel / Turkey relations, since the flotilla incident and the refusal of allowing Israeli planes to land.

I'll update as soon as i get more info:

But for now i can't add anything else until more news and leaks filter out.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

Israeli foreign ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor confirmed that the attacker was holding hostages.

Israel Radio reported from the scene that rescue workers with stretchers tried to enter the seaside embassy compound but left without bringing out any wounded.

The radio report said Turkish officials were not allowing Israeli police or rescue workers to enter the embassy.

The Israeli Maariv newspaper said the man called the paper, identifying himself as Nadim Injaz, a Palestinian who sought asylum at the British embassy in Tel Aviv in 2006.

"This is a hostage situation," Israeli foreign ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor said.

A lawyer told Israel Radio that the hostages, the consul and his wife, escaped.

The man reportedly said he had a flammable liquid and threatened, "I will kill any Jew that enters."

So it seems the hostage taker is a Palestinian and is threatening the Israeli jews.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by mr-lizard]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

According to this source, the embassy guards have caught the attacker

Turkey's news agency said embassy security guards captured the attacker. The report quoted anonymous officials from the embassy.

top topics

join