It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Thousands of dead fish New Jersey Shores AUGUST 12 2010!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
www.associatedcontent.com...

There have been odd occurrences this summer of large amounts of dead fish washing up on the beaches of the East Coast. Recently a fish kill occurred in Fairhaven, MA, reports NBC Philadelphia.

The latest occurrence of dead fish washing up on the beach happened today in New Jersey. Thousands of dead fish were found on the beach of the Delaware Bay. Gregory DeBrosse, a biologist at Rutgers and Cape Shore
Laboratory manager, told the Press of Atlantic City that there could be up to millions of dead fish on the beaches of New Jersey

Cause of Death Not Yet Identified

The cause of death of the small, juvenile menhaden fish that washed ashore is still being identified, although toxic phytoplankton has been ruled out already by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, notes the Huffington Post.

What is going on with all the dead fish and animal stories in the last few days. Here's the latest. One of the beachings was due to a net ripping and fish then dead from shock washing ashore however that does not explain the larger fish dump.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by tarifa37]

[edit on 13-8-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

One theory is it could be the heat.. www.upi.com...

CAPE MAY, N.J., Aug. 13 (UPI) -- The thousands of dead menhaden that have washed up along Delaware Bay in South Jersey may have been victims of this summer's heat, biologists say.

Robert Van Fossen, in charge of emergency management for the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, said tests showed dissolved oxygen levels were low after the fish kill, The Press of Atlantic City reported. He said oxygen levels drop as water gets warmer.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It's from all the dumb ass Guido's with their hair gel and body oil, fake tans and steroids swimming in the ocean

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

May have been victims of this summer's heat, biologists say?

My first guess would be to blame BP

Edit; just thougt can anyone remember 17th of july 2010 .
Pakistan millions of dead shellfish on beach?
check this site out.

______beforeitsnews/story/105/981/Millions_of_Shellfish_Beached_in_Karachi_Pakistan_Why.html

[edit on 13-8-2010 by trueblue]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The fact that the seagulls aren't touching the fish makes me think it was not warm water/weather or oxygen deprivation that killed them. Perhaps it is toxins?

Here's some other related stories:

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.ireport.com...
www.boliviabella.com...
www.datelinezero.com...

spec

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Or BP oil.
more oil for line 2

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Did you see the thread about the millions of dead animals in South American Rivers? There is a bit of volcanic activity and earthquakes. Perhaps sulfer is bubbling up and killing them off. Could be something like that. Just speculating.

Wow! Millions of dead animals floating in rivers in South America!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8/13/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Yes I did see that and wondered if there could be a connection. There have been many heat waves and extreme temperatures across the globe this year. Global warming solar cycle or just ordinary weather? Time will tell .

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Notice how the reporters never mention anything about the spill. Those are dots you should assume to connect. The spill and "cleanup" may be a lot worse than (they are allowing us to be told) we're being told. They were also saying tests were done on the oxygen levels in the water, but no laboratory tests for toxins? I wont be eating seafood for a long time to come.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Notice how the reporters never mention anything about the spill. Those are dots you should assume to connect. The spill and "cleanup" may be a lot worse than (they are allowing us to be told) we're being told. They were also saying tests were done on the oxygen levels in the water, but no laboratory tests for toxins? I wont be eating seafood for a long time to come.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I wonder how many 'dead zones' there are in the worlds oceans right now? The amount of oil and methane that's looming down there, plus I guess the rise and fall in ocean temperatures doesn't help. Did you hear about the billions of fish that died in Bolivian waters not so long ago too? Must be a real bodyshock to some of them if the sea's are heating/cooling so quickly...guess we'll be seeing more videos like this in the next few years

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
And then there's that giant chunk of Greenland ice sheet to worry about. Dump enough fresh water into the ocean and the Atlantic conveyor stops... and then we'll need Dennis Quaid to save us.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

tarifa37

I wondered if this has anything to do with it ??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was a thread I posted a few weeks ago ??

Any chance it is Linked ??

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Very interesting, thanks for that link. I guess you could be right. Just shows that life although complex is reliant on certain conditions, when these conditions are changed even by a small margin it can cause big problems for many species who can't adapt quick enough.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
my opinion is that if the animals that typically look for a "free meal' i.e. seagulls, aren't touching this buffet of fish, then the one thing to be possibly pointed at would be ummm...corexit?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I wouldn't believe anything the news is saying about this. Do they really think people will by the broken fishing net.

As mentioned seagulls not touching them we need people to bag some of them get water samples etc. and get independent testing done.

Imagine people swimming in that and swallowing water why they are in that.

We need to start taking care of each other and doing our own studies. If I was near there I would collect samples but I'm not.

top topics

join