It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Slow Tremor Moving Beneath Olympic Peninsula

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It's looking to me like the tremors might be back.

Over 400 deep tremors located every day for the past three days. clustered at both the North end in Vancouver and the South end in Northern California.

Deep Tremor Map

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

That was what my first impression was too. I do have family that live at Lake Shasta, hope they will be ok.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I haven't been paying attention... my bad!! My Gosh, that's a lot of tremor activity for a month. And LOTS the last few days, yes yes.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e555a68fd53c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

There hasn't been hardly any tremor activity for over a week now....good or bad? Based on what I have seen since I started watching this, I would guess that the pressure is building.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Here's the June1 to July 1 map.

So, we have:
4486 for May.
7183 for June.
228 so far for July.

Yeah, I would agree that there may be pressure building.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
It's good your trying to get this kind of information out, this attracts my attention a great deal because i live in Washington myself.
But what are we gonna do about these kind of things? # will hit the fan eventually for all of us sooner than later im sure.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SeattlesFinest

Yup, you bring up a good point and really the ultimate one.
There isn't anything we can about a seismic event other than try and be as prepared as possible. For me it is really a desire to understand how stuff works. It means I might get those extra few minutes to get my family to safety that make a difference between life and death.

I find this stuff fascinating and love to study it, but there is always that part of me looking for signs. I experienced the Mount Saint Helens eruption and I don't want to do it again. My house sits in between two active volcanos, built on top of a major lahar from the last eruption a few hundred years ago. There are also two large dams upstream, nearer those volcanos...so I think it is an intelligent person that educates themselves in what to watch for so they recognize the danger signs and gets out before all sh@t breaks loose!!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal

Here's the June1 to July 1 map.

So, we have:
4486 for May.
7183 for June.
228 so far for July.

Here is the 7-1 to 8-1 map

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee9de8d2ba8e.jpg[/atsimg]

1398 total for July

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Excellent! Thanks for doing those numbers. Obviously, July was a slow month. As it shows by the color coding, most of these were at the begining and the last few days. I'll be curious to see todays.....they have really been clustered on the southern end of the peninsula.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hey gang.... finally back online after moving. (in town thankfully)

Anyway.... saw that the total number of earthquakes has dropped off considerably for the entire month of July. So I'm really wondering what your thoughts/feelings are on this?

When you look at the entire ring of fire, it is the west coast of the US that is the only area that has not been hit with a 6.0 or higher, quake. Frankly, that scares the hell out of me. Like something big is brewing and building. I don't like that.

Anyone else care to share their thoughts?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Yup. I'm still thinking it is going to be California....might see some smaller ones anywhere along the coast but I think the next mega quake will be in California.

Speaking of which, there were 330 tremors today! ALL of them once again clustered at the southern end of the olympic peninsula. Somethings gonna give south of there.

tremor map[
edit on 7-8-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I don't want to read these things about the state i live in i'd rather not know, but curiosity killed the cat.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm so glad I checked this site today.

I know it doesn't count for anything, but I had a dream about an earthquake last night. It wasn't anything devastating, it reminded me a bit of the one we had here in Seattle in Feb 2001. This was the first earthquake dream I've had in years, so it made me curious enough to check here.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

I would have to strongly agree with you that the west coast is "the missing link" in regards to a 6+ quake.
If you look at the ring of fire on a daily basis you can see where there is IMO a "gap" where there is lower activity.

I have felt for some time, maybe since the Japan quake that the west coast could be the next on the hit list. I just hope and pray that if there is a large quake on the west coast, that it is closer to the 6 Mag scale as anything higher would be much more devastating.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

I think that we are long over-due for a few 6-7 mag quakes. These, however will come from the many faults that fracture the coast and just inland. What we are REALLY over-due for is the mega-thrust quake (from the subduction zone). This will be in the 9 range. I don't remember the numbers, but it would be something like hundreds of 6 mag quakes to equal the energy release in a 9.

If you look at the potential of these multiple faults compared to what we have had in the past few decades, it gets a bit scary. THEN....you read all the studies about the mega-thrust. Well.

I agree that it is pointless to worry about something you can't change....BUT, you could say the same for a lot of things. I compare my quake watching to this: I could say why worry about things you can't change, because I could be hit by a truck tomorrow. This does NOT meant that I don't look both ways before crossing the street.

edit on 7-8-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses and further conversation, folks. It's nice that we are all on the same wavelength here.

WC is right... we cannot worry about it. We all (no matter where we are) have daily lives to lead and focus on. At the least, we should all take these as reminders to spend a little more time and effort getting prepared. Pack up that bug out bag you've always thought about... buy those cans of soup on sale at the grocery store this week... buy another case of bottled water... etc.

Above all, never doubt yourself or question your own instincts. And never ever let the fear of what others may think, interfer with your own preparations. If's YOUR life and the life of the ones you love the most, that you are looking out for.

No fear mongering, just the realities of the world we live in.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Well put, you can't change or stop mother nature in my opinion. She is an almighty force, and like us women she has cycles of unrest

I live in the UK and I just get this very strong feeling that the west coast of the US will be hit by a strong magnitude quake in the coming months. This is just my gut feeling/opinion, not a prediction

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I just posted this on my washington thread because although it is about the tremors....I think it is significant. Here is that post:

Okay. I just looked at the deep tremors for yesterday. I am posting this here on the Washington thread because it's very relevant. This is the first time since I began watching this over a year ago, that it made the hairs rise on the back of my neck.

Check this out:

source

Those of you that have also been following the tremors will probably see it right away.

Typically, the tremors are in clusters, or running on a North/South pattern. Here is another image for comparison. It is one that I posted earlier showing the tremors in a time-lapse over a couple of months when it was last very active:

The tremors that went on all day yesterday look like they are freakin radiating out from a central point. ALL the way across the cascades.

In addition to that, when I look at the history for the past few days there WAS one quake right in the epicenter of that formation. It was small, but perhas significant for the same reason I felt the one out on the peninsula recently was. Location and depth.

Magnitude 1.3
Date-Time Friday, August 05, 2011 at 02:00:31 UTC
Thursday, August 04, 2011 at 07:00:31 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 47.590°N, 122.490°W
Depth 60 km (37.3 miles) set by location program
Region SEATTLE-TACOMA URBAN AREA, WASHINGTON
Distances 6 km (4 miles) NE (48°) from Manchester, WA
8 km (5 miles) SSE (155°) from Bainbridge Island, WA
11 km (7 miles) NE (51°) from Parkwood, WA
12 km (8 miles) WSW (251°) from Seattle, WA

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 1.6 km (1.0 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters NST= 9, Nph= 10, Dmin=25 km, Rmss=0.15 sec, Gp=119°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=1
Source Pacific Northwest Seismograph Network

Event ID uw08050200

source

Right smack dab from the subduction zone.

This concerns me....seriously, the hairs are still raised. I've had a bad feeling ever since about 1:00 this morning and it hasn't gone away. I'll be eagerly waiting for five to roll around when they typically post the days tremors. Maybe I'll email the site admin to get his take on it. He's talked to me in the past.

edit on 8-8-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Oh yeah... I thought "radiating" before I even read what you wrote under the picture.

odd, indeed. crossing fingers and checking status of emergency supplies...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

So I wrote to the site manager for the tremors and he was great about writing me back. Said that he thought something was wrong with one of the seismos and would be fixing it. If you go back to the above linked site you will see that yesterdays chart has now changed from the one I captured.

Make of it what you will.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join