It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Slow Tremor Moving Beneath Olympic Peninsula

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

yeah, so he added 4 more hours and bunched them all together, which eliminated the radiating "paths".

ok. smells fishy to me

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

The tremors are really heating up now. Over 400 on the peninsula yesterday!!

Pressure building? Quake in Southern Oregon/Northern Cali or off-shore Southern Oregon soon? (above 3 range...probably around 5.0 or more)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hey westcoast?

Did you just predict this?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Dinkle

LOL...you beat me to it. I just took a look and this:

MAP 4.0 2011/08/14 19:27:03 41.027 -125.326 2.5 OFFSHORE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

source

It was about two hours after I posted, BTW.

Prediction? Well, I don't like to call them that....more of just an observation of cause and affect. I have seen a pattern emerge over time now involving these deep tremors. Only reason I state what I'm thinking is to try and confirm the observations so that maybe someday it can lead to a better understanding of what these things really are and what they mean.

Interesting thing with this quake though, is that it is NOT on a fault, nor did it originate from a fault with a depth of only 2.5 km. Perhaps another underwater volcano going active?
Although, that would be a pretty large quake for that.

I'll be curious to see what the tremors have done today...should be posted in the next half hour or so.

If it's following the same pattern of the last few days (I woudn't expect this 4.0 to be anough to off-set it), than I really think we are still going to see something off-shore Oregon along the fault-lin in the 5,0 range. I don't think it's over yet!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Oh, and HERE is a link to a map showing the location of this quake in regards to the fault lines. It is a ways North and a bit West of the known faults.

ETA: If you look a bit to the NW of the quake, you see the red line take a sharp turn to the East, making a point? That's about where I expect to see one.

edit on 14-8-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Wow...another 479 tremors today, all clustered (again) on the olympic peninsula.

Deep tremor map

Be looking for the the quake(s) I was talking about in the 12 to 24 hrs

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

It looks as if the ETS (Episodic Tremor and Slip) has officially begun again.

I started a NEW THREAD to follow it, since it is a new year and event!!

Why has it started three months early? Is it significant???? Time will only tell.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yes, they are talking about a mega-thrust event, where a large portion of a subduction zone fault gives way over a considerable distance, in just a few seconds. Something like that happening along the west coast would most certainly cause catastrophic damage and a sizable tsunami. Very serious indeed, and it is one big factor for me staying away from the place and living on the east coast. That sukka is coming way too close to being overdue, and some say it is WAY overdue.

Also, I don't think that's unreasonable at all to suspect that what you've been hearing could be associated with this type of "slow" tremor, but note what the article said that they can't be felt at the surface. It is taking seismos to detect them, and I can see why they are having a tough time pinning down the depths of these, because it is out at sea.

The fact that they are recurring on a predictable, repeatable schedule is also very suspect to me, and almost implies something man made. Or well, not natural anyway.

I wouldn't put it beyond nature to have some other kind of thing going on down there such as a resonant cavity of water, oil, or fluid of some kind, which when it moves through causes some kind of tremor- like a harmonic tremor of sorts. It would be interesting to get some of these tremors on the spectragraph, and analyze for frequency content. That will tell some things right away.

I greatly appreciate that kind of analysis and commentary. I helps me appreciate the factors better, much more clearly. THX THX.

I don't think the Eastcoast of the USA will be doing very well, however. Both John Moore's (youtube) map and the Hopi elders' map available at

www.standeyo.com...

indicate serious problems for 100-200 miles inland on the East and Gulf coasts as well as the West coast.

This is 'buckle seatbelt' time for sure, imho.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Not sure which of your threads this should be in but I wanted to ensure you saw it as you do not visit QW2012 so much and the post will get lost.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thanks for posting this here. I totally missed your very important post in QW2012. Scary.
I know I don't say it often enough, but a huge "Thank you, PM" for all your number crunching.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thank you for the link, you are right I had not seen it! I am off to work right now, but I will delve into this in the afternoon. I can already see just at a cursory glance that it's a good read!

I need to update this thread too..things have been busy.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So the only tremors today are clustered in the middle of Vancouver Island. Unlike the other yin-yang I have noticed with what seems to be an exchange of energy on oposing ends, it seems that when I have seen this in the past, it's followed by an off-shore quake near the island.

Time will tell!

tremor map

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join