It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOme of you simply don't understand what illegal immigration does to this country

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I propose that by not cracking down on illegal immigration that we condone slavery. And all of the people fighting to keep the illegals illegal support slavery.

Wow. Helluva statement right?

Why did people own slaves? Inexpensive workforce. Don't have to take care of them. If something happens buy more. They don't need doctors. And it's cheaper to pay someone to manage their work than it is to pay a worker a fair wage.

Why are the illegal immigrants employed? They are almost all unskill and poorly educated. Well, they are employed because they work cheaply. They don't get benefits. There is no committment nor is there an obligation to treat them fairly, treat them safely or be mindful of workplace related laws.

Many of you say that they are here and working so lets make them citizens. Here's what many fail to realize. When you give them citizenship you take away the qualities that make them desirable as employees. YOu have to pay them a fair wage, provide benefits, be mindful of OSHA regs, etc.. Now they have to be treated like an American citizen. So guess what that means. The 30 million former illegals are now 30 million people on welfare. SO more illegals will have to come in to take those jobs.

These people are human beings and deserve the right to be treated as such. By supporting their ability to work for peanuts with no benefits and constantly exposing themselves to danger that an American wouldn't, you support what amounts to an illegal immigrant slave trade. By supporting amnesty you want to put this 30 million people out of work and on welfare and unemployment which further burdens America.

So support their ability to work and you are supporting the voluntary enslavement of 30 millon people. Support amnesty and you support them losing their jobs and becoming employees of the state welfare system. So pull your heads out of your collective behinds and realize what this problem actually does. There is only one way to fix this problem. Identify them and deport them.

Just for reference, have any of you ever seen the immigration application to mexico? One of the questions is "What skills do you have that will be of a benefit to Mexico?". The ability to work like a slave isn't an appropriate answer. They allow people to immigrate that will improve their country. If you don't improve it then you don't get in. Look at their illegal immigration laws. Their penalties are infinitely more harsh than ours. Mexico does everything they can to deter illegal immigration. They also do everything they can to send their citizens that are burdens to the state over here to work.

Secure the borders. Identify the illegals. Deport them. It's the only way to be fair and equitable to them. Just because your ignorant doesn't mean you should be allowed to make a slave out of yourself. This is one of those times where people of intelligence need to understand what the ramifacations are. Help them. Help them by not allowing unscrupulous employers to create a slave culture in this country again. Help our citizens by not giving the illegals amnesty and taking away their ability to work. We have enough unemployed people in this country without adding another 30 million.

Alright let the flaming begin, I'm sure I'll catch hell about this post.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I didnt have time to read the whole post, but if you think for even one second that the slaves in the US are all mexican than you are very very mistaken. Also, how about the people who create the slave labor? No you are right its the slaves fault! How dare they allow themselves to be slaves!!!!

I got a way better idea- enforce fair labor laws? Immigration will NEVER stop. What we do need to stop is the slave drivers still roaming this country. Once again another middle class white collar probably white dude thinking he knows jack talking about how things should be run in your head. Get rid of the mexicans!!!! Keep the slave drivers!!!!

Do some more research. Heres a good start maybe....

berkeley.edu...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
While i see your point, i see them no more as slaves than any citizen in the workforce and a slave to the system. They (immigrants) choose to do these jobs, they are not forced/enslaved with no choice. In fact, most of them do the jobs that other do not want to do (probably because of the low wages of which you speak). Nevertheless, if they were citizens and still working under the "rules," they would still be slaves to the system.

We are all slaves. Some of us are just lazy and do not want to work 12 hours a day in 100 degree weather, so we don't. Someone, however, will. Turns out, it's the immigrants, less educated, and poor (oftentimes). Not everyone is equal in the workforce, and not it will never be as such, unless someone institutes a different form of government than our "capitalism," which most would not like.

And if all of a sudden there were no "illegals" working in this country, people would get very angry when things do not get done.

That's just how i see it, in a very simplified way.

Aside: I know not if they are "illegal" or not, but when we needed a roof: hispanics tore off and reshingled 40 sq. in a day. When we needed a 50' drainage system in our basement: hispanics. When we needed new carpet: hispanics. When we need our several acres of yardwork done: hispanics. When we needed trees removed: hispanics.

The argument if they were made citizens it would change and they would have a party and jump on welfare is flawed; they'd still work, pay taxes, etc, i am pretty sure, they would just have ....some rights.

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I did not write this I am just passing it along.

-

Having spent three weeks in a hospital in Naples, Florida with my wife I couldn't help noticing what was going on in the hospital and I had a lot of time to talk to the doctors and nurses about what I had observed. Below is a commentary from an ER Doctor. Do you think this might be a big reason our health care system and our social security system are so screwed up? Do you think this might be a big reason our taxes keep going up? Who do you think these people are going to vote for?

From a Florida ER doctor:

"I live and work in a state overrun with illegals. They make more money having kids than we earn working full-time. Today I had a 25-year old with 8 kids - that’s right 8; all illegal anchor babies and she had the nicest nails, cell phone, hand bag, clothing, etc. She makes about $1,500 monthly for each; you do the math. I used to say, “We are the dumbest nation on earth.” Now I must say and sadly admit: WE are the dumbest people on earth (that includes ME) for we elected the idiot ideologues who have passed the bills that allow this. Sorry, but we need a revolution. Vote them all out in 2010. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- REMEMBER ---

IN NOVEMBER 2010, WE HAVE A GOLDENOPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an insult and a kick in the butt to all of us...

Get mad and pass it on - I don't know how, but maybe some good will come of this travesty.

If the immigrant is over 65, they can apply for SSI and Medicaid and get more than a woman on Social Security, who worked from 1944 until 2004.

She is only getting $791 per month because she was born in 1924 and there's a 'catch 22.'

It is interesting that the federal government provides a single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890. Each can also obtain an additional $580 in social assistance, for a total of $2,470 a month.

This compares to a single pensioner, who after contributing to the growth and development ofAmerica for 40 to 50 years, can only receive a monthly maximum of $1,012 in old age pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement.

Maybe our pensioners should apply as refugees!

Consider sending this to all your American friends, so we can all be ticked off and maybe get the refugees cut back to $1,012 and the pensioners up to $2,470. Then we can enjoy some of the money we were forced to submit to the Government over the last 40 or 50 or 60 years. And not to receive a increase for 2010 Vote them all out of office…….

Please forward this to every American to expose what our elected politicians have been doing for the past 11 years to over-taxed Americans.

SEND THIS TO EVERY AMERICAN TAXPAYER YOU KNOW.

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerForLight

You didnt have time to read the whole post, yet you had time to write a response to a post you didnt even read?
This is part of the reason why people are so ignorant. Instead of looking at facts, and actually using some critical thought, they jump on those who actually make sense.

But no- lets just forget about the facts and bring this country down to its knees because people have the inability to read before they throw their pointless two cents in that have nothing to do with the topic at hand and everything to do with the fact that they are just plain ignorant.

And oh yea- blame whitey, thats it!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Very well said OP!!

And to folks disagreeing, its obvious they didnt fully read the material. I find it utterly disturbing when folks reply without reading or understanding what it is that they are replying to.

Good job OP!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by fred call

--- REMEMBER ---

IN NOVEMBER 2010, WE HAVE A GOLDENOPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE!

This is an insult and a kick in the butt to all of us...

Get mad and pass it on - I don't know how, but maybe some good will come of this travesty.

If the immigrant is over 65, they can apply for SSI and Medicaid and get more than a woman on Social Security, who worked from 1944 until 2004.

She is only getting $791 per month because she was born in 1924 and there's a 'catch 22.'

It is interesting that the federal government provides a single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890. Each can also obtain an additional $580 in social assistance, for a total of $2,470 a month.

This compares to a single pensioner, who after contributing to the growth and development ofAmerica for 40 to 50 years, can only receive a monthly maximum of $1,012 in old age pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement.

Maybe our pensioners should apply as refugees!

Consider sending this to all your American friends, so we can all be ticked off and maybe get the refugees cut back to $1,012 and the pensioners up to $2,470. Then we can enjoy some of the money we were forced to submit to the Government over the last 40 or 50 or 60 years. And not to receive a increase for 2010 Vote them all out of office…….

Please forward this to every American to expose what our elected politicians have been doing for the past 11 years to over-taxed Americans.

SEND THIS TO EVERY AMERICAN TAXPAYER YOU KNOW.

Untrue
www.snopes.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Anchor Babies: Enormous Taxpayer Costs
August 24, 2009

Average Americans fail to understand the enormous ramifications of 400,000 anchor babies born within the United States annually. They swamp our hospitals, ER wards and school systems. They cost taxpayers billions for ‘free’ breakfasts and lunches along with English as a Second Language classes. Most of them flunk out of high schools, at which point, they either become pregnant themselves or join gangs. As they turn to the dark side, they fill our prison systems.

novakeo.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

I agree 100%.

As far as I can see, the only people who support illegals are Democrat politicians,.....because they want their votes.....Unscrupulous and or unethical employers,....because they want to profit from cheap labor....and the illegals themselves,....because they want to continue to take our jobs and our taxpayer dollars while pushing us ever closer towards bankruptcy.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Why can't America impose these Mexican immigration standards to those seeking to come here.

Here's a list of people eligible to seek permanent residency and/ or citizenship in Mexico:

Examples of the kinds of people who might apply for FM2 visas:

Retirees
If you are over 50 years of age and want to engage in "non-remunerative activities" and you are receiving funds from abroad (from a pension or other investments or fixed income) you can apply for a Retiree Immigration Permit. Read more about Retirement in Mexico on Mexperience.

Investors
You can receive an immigration permit if you are willing to invest your capital in Mexico. You investment can be directed at industry or services, and must equal a minimum set amount—check with an immigration lawyer for the latest investment levels required for this visa.

Professionals
If you are a qualified professional, you can have your certificates validated by the Mexican Consulate in your home country and apply for an immigration visa to live in Mexico and seek permanent residence.

Technical or Scientific Professions
If you are a qualified technician or scientist, Mexico offers a category of visa which enables you to live and work in Mexico under sponsorship from a foreign company. For example, if the company wants to open an office or factory in Mexico, a person or persons representing that company may enter Mexico to manage the commercial operations on a long term basis.

Artists and Sports People
Artists or sports people who seek long term permanent residency in Mexico may apply for a FM2 visa. Each case is considered individually and entry is at the Interior Ministry's discretion.

Mexperience

If you don't already have money or the skills needed to support yourself, they don't want you there.

Common sense policy; We can't have any of that here in the US right?

Who ever heard of an American politician with common sense?

[edit on 8/3/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The Human Katrina......

ANCHOR BABIES AWAY: ENORMOUS COST OF JACKPOT BABIES TO TAXPAYERS

Illegal immigration costs, overall, $346 billion annually, according to economist Edwin Rubenstein at the ESR Economic Research Consultants and published at: www.thesocialcontract.com

Estimates show 300,000 to 350,000 illegal alien women stream into the United States annually to birth their babies upon American soil. Known as “anchor babies” or “jackpot babies”, the average cost of a normal delivery to U.S. taxpayers runs $6,000 to $8,000. However, if the child suffers from a birth defect such as mio-cardial septal defect, Downs Syndrome, autism or AIDS, etc., the costs run into the millions for taxpayers. Additionally, those babies must be educated at taxpayer expense at $8,000 per year for 13 years K-12.

Their parents never pay enough in taxes because they work as such low wages and half of them work off the books. Thus, according to “Breaking the Piggy Bank: how illegal aliens keep American schools in the red” a study by www.fairus.org , anchor babies cost U.S. taxpayers $7.4 billion annually. That does not include medical care costs that also run into the billions. Finally, more often than most realize, those anchor babies end up in our prisons at a cost of $2 billion annually to house, feed and medically care for them. Illegal criminal aliens consist of 29 percent of our prison populations. (Source: www.cis.org)

Finally, Rep. Nathan Deal (R-Ga.) introduced H.R. 1868, the Birthright Citizenship Act of 2009. H.R. 1868 would end the process of granting automatic birthright citizenship to the babies born in the United States to illegal aliens.

“Referred to as "anchor babies," these children born in the United States are one of the most prominent factors of excessive population expansion and illegal immigration,” said Roy Beck of www.numbersusa.com . “In its Spring 2005 edition, the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons reported that "between 300,000 and 350,000 anchor babies annually become citizens… In 2003 in Stockton, California, 70 percent of the 2,300 babies born in San Joaquin General Hospital's maternity ward were anchor babies…"

He continued, “These staggering figures tell only part of the story. Birthright citizenship incentivices illegal immigration by making anchor babies eligible to sponsor their illegal alien mothers and other relatives once they turn 21. In addition, at present, there is no formal policy that forbids DHS from deporting the illegal alien parents of a child born in the U.S. Yet in most cases, immigration officials habitually choose not to initiate removal proceedings, allowing the parents to remain in the U.S. illegally. Perhaps most starkly, anchor babies additionally draw benefits and services from taxpayer dollars. As the Journal article notes, "Anchor babies are citizens, and instantly qualify for public welfare aid…In 1994, 74,987 anchor babies in California hospital maternity units cost $215 million and constituted 36 percent of all Medi-Cal births. Now they account for substantially more than half." Not only can the baby serve as an "anchor" to pull a large number of extended family members into the country, but they also can rely on the public services and benefits of the United States.”

Clearly, the United States must move to stop “Jackpot babies” not only from an overload of our hospital and financial welfare systems, but from a standpoint of adding another 100 million people to this country in the next 30 years.

Not only will the USA be broken financially, but hyper-population overload will result in environmental degradation, energy crises, water shortages and degradation of quality of life for all Americans of every race, creed and color.

At some point, third world countries such as Mexico must take responsibility for their citizens. This growing “human Katrina” and “human crisis” must be solved at the personal level. Illegal aliens must take personal responsibility for their actions and be personally accountable for caring and affording their children. It’s not up to the U.S. taxpayer to carry the load while U.S. businesses reap a profit from this 21st century slave labor—that produces more babies than it or we can afford.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I hear you. First it was the pompous Englishmen. Then came the slant-eyed Chinese and the dirty Irishmen. After that it was the good for nothing Italians and the Jews. Today it is the damn Latinos. This country would be a lot better off if they had all stayed home and left this land to the native americans.

People like you make me sick. Don't you realize that this country is made up completely of immigrants. For sure, somewhere in you family tree is an immigrant that came to the US to make a better life for themselves and for their descendants. Lucky for you there wasn't some ignorant bigot waiting for them with a club when YOUR ancestors got off the boat. America is the land of the free where opportunity abounds. The day this is no longer true, immigration will cease to occur. I bet you can't wait.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by BluegrassRevolutionary]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Actually those things are needed to be allowed into the states. That is the reason many enter illegaly. If they filed paperwork they would be denied anyway so why even bother.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by daskakik]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fred call

Thank you for those statistics. The cost burden of illegals in this country is something that should cause EXTREME OUTRAGE to every real American who reads this.

Something MUST BE DONE about this NONSENSE, or we as a country are in DEEP trouble.

DEEP TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by fred call

You make me laugh with some of the false false information you post. Least you could do is verify what you post.

You try to bring all this cost factor in about illegals while ignoring the fact that the US has a 13 trillion dollar debt.

Did an illegal vote himself a payraise?
Did an illegal hire himself?
Did an illegal spend billions for a jet?
Did an illegal give billions to failing banks?
Did illegals sell out Congress to lobbyist?
Did illegals start a trillion dollar wars?

I have no doubt you will continue to feed the hysteria of blaming illegals when you should be blaming yourself and the people around you for being so stupid to elect officials who have led us to this current mess we find ourselves in.

Furthermore, for your information, those jackpot-Anchor babies are Americans.

Of course, it is obvious you just like to spill trash out of your mouth,.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975

So support their ability to work and you are supporting the voluntary enslavement of 30 millon people. Support amnesty and you support them losing their jobs and becoming employees of the state welfare system. So pull your heads out of your collective behinds and realize what this problem actually does. There is only one way to fix this problem. Identify them and deport them.

Wrong! You need to identify the people employing them and make sure it becomes uneconomic for them to ever do it again.

You are targetting the symptom (illegal alien) rather than the cause (demand for cheap labour).

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SunIsSon

The cost burden of illegals in this country is something that should cause EXTREME OUTRAGE to every real American who reads this.

I can't understand why the cost of illegals cause extreme outrage

while the cost of two wars, donations to the banking cartels, and a freaking 13 trillion dollar debt is accepted as common event.

:shk:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Did an illegal become president? Yes.

Did an illegal fly an airplaine into a building in New York City? Yes.

Do illegals kill American service people? Yes.

How much are you worth in dollars? Not much. You are an ideologue jealous of successful people.

Did you ever have a billion to support illegals or anything else? No. Not even close.

Did you ever have a million have a million to support illegals or anything else? No. Still not close.

Why not? Never mind. We really know why and we don't want to hear any more.

But are you expecting someone else to foot the bill for illegals you can't foot? Yes.

If I write something about the 14th Amendment, will you understand? No. You are a Marxist and you want to fill the country up with other poor Marxists like you.

Does Communism thrive off the poor while Capitalism rewards the successful? But, of course. Which is why you are a Marxist.

Interpreting the 14th Amendment

According to the Constitution's 14th Amendment, ratified in 1868 to ensure citizenship for the newly emancipated African Americans, "all persons, born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States." The phrase "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" was intended to exclude from automatic citizenship American-born persons whose allegiance to the United States was incomplete. For example, Native Americans were excluded from American citizenship because of their tribal jurisdiction. Also not subject to American jurisdiction were foreign visitors, ambassadors, consuls, and their babies born here. In the case of illegal aliens, their native country has a claim of allegiance on the child. Therefore, some Constitutional scholars argue that the completeness of the allegiance to the United States is impaired and logically precludes automatic citizenship. However, this issue has never been directly decided by the U.S. Supreme Court.

The Price We Pay

The nation's school system faces the economic burden of providing services to the millions of children born to illegal immigrants. In a 2004 United States General Accounting Office report, three states submitted their annual cost estimates of educating illegal children. The estimates provided ranged from 50 million dollars to 87.5 million in Pennsylvania and 932 million to 1.04 billion dollars in Texas.

FAIR estimates there are currently more than 425,000 children born to illegal aliens each year. This figure is based on the crude birth rate of the total foreign-born population (33 births per 1000) and the size of the illegal alien population (13 million in 2008). In 1994, California paid for 74,987 deliveries to illegal alien mothers, at a total cost of $215.2 million (an average of $2,842 per delivery). Illegal alien mothers accounted for 36 percent of all Medi-Cal funded births in California that year and now count substantially more than half.

www.fairus.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This ain't the Sopranos on HBO....This was a drug hit in Naples, Italy caught on camera. With all the illegal aliens bringing in all the illegal drugs from Mexico, are scenes like this on American streets far behind? Probably not...........

The video:
Naples Mafia Assassination - Real Life CCTV Images of a 'Gomorra' Hit
www.youtube.com...

The Newspaper Story......

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
While i see your point, i see them no more as slaves than any citizen in the workforce and a slave to the system. They (immigrants) choose to do these jobs, they are not forced/enslaved with no choice.

Economic slavery is as real as physical slavery.

When you have never been in the position of complete poverty then you'll never understand.

It's not illegal immigrants taking your jobs, it's the capitalist system of private ownership of the means of production. Mexico is not poor, but the distribution of wealth is extremely unbalanced with a lot of monopolies by billionaire families. They have less unemployment than the US, but wages are extremely low and many people cannot feed their families.

The effects of capitalism are more extreme in Mexico than the US.

If the profits made by the workers were more fairly distributed then they would not need to seek out other methods of gaining necessary resources.

The only difference between you and them is you had unions, and a strong united working class, to demand minimum wages etc. which the feds finally did in 1938. Now the working class, and the unions, have all but been destroyed it won't be long before Americans are skipping the border to Canada looking for jobs...

[edit on 8/3/2010 by ANOK]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join