It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Pieces of Evidence That Suggests Intelligent Alien Life Exists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mrMasterJoe

Something else to consider is that their technology possibly evolved along different lines with different scientific principals. In turn their signals may never have been and may never be anything like what we have developed on earth, which could mean we have no way of detecting their signals and they may have no way of detecting ours.

Even if they are able to detect our wobble of the earth in front of the sun, and even if they are able to further detect that our planet may be similar to theirs (if ours is indeed similar to theirs), does not mean that they are super advanced compared to us, or more advanced than us at all, just advanced differently compared to us.

They also may have their physics principals discovered differently than us meaning that our laws of physics don’t necessarily apply to their physics and vice versa.

These are just some things to consider.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker63

Where do you get '5th century man' from? It's several centuries later than that and it's a representation of God not an anti gravity craft (this is from the artist by the way, explaining his work, did you check out my link?)

Explain the Sumerian texts? They are texts from ancient Sumeria. Anything other than that is a debate between different people who claim they have found different meanings in them.

Pyramids, what is there to explain? Same with the Sphinx, people are raising new theories but based on what?

Mexico sightings? Please, unless you have real dramatic footage they have shown to be baloons here on ATS, links to the companies that lease/sell them have been posted. Heck, on the way to Cancun airport earlier in the year I even passed a factory that produces inflatables and one of them is shown on the awning outside (on the freeway from Playacar to Cancun, I wouldn't like to be more specific as I wasn't keeping track of how many miles the coach had travelled).

"Explain the denial of governement, especially the US and why it would benefit those in power not to disclose.

Explain why other governments, such as Russia, have come out and disclosed numerous encounters with UFO's."

For US government, they are only denying if there is something to deny. Russia along with many other countires have released files of reports recieved of objects the witness couldn't identify. That makes them unidentified, it doesn't by virtue of that make them ET and to best of my knowledge most are covered by earth based phenomona.

I'm coming across as a debunker, I really don't mean to, but the above list add up to a pile of nothing as concrete evidence in the existence of sentient off-earth beings.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That was my latest thread. To me it's clear and obvious. A few had doubts.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
My observation since becoming a member on ATS: The people who believe in UFO's and ET life, generally offer some type of evidence, physical or recorded.

The skeptic offers opinion. More frequently, the counter "argument" is a lot of hot air and infintile objections to some of the most credible evidence possible. In fact, skeptics CANNOT offer proof beyond any doubt that A) We are alone. B) That we have not been visited and C) That we are not continually documenting said visitations.

That being said, one more bit of Universal Truth. There is more than one of everything. From the creatures of earth, to the stars, to the galaxies, there is more than one of everything. It is a Universal Truth, right here for us to see in all of the splender of our sphere. No one snowflake is exactly the same as another, no one person is either. To think we are alone is, unfortunately, a by-product of severe spiritual regresson on our collective conscious. It is the Ego of Man, Infintile, Arrogant and Ignorant.

The link between our Spiritual Ascension or Enlightment and taking our place as a member of the Universe(joining the club so to speak) cannot be overlooked. They are as One.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeoDandy

Good questions.

If aliens exist and they are far advanced than us, why would they care about us? How much time do you spend interacting with a horse fly?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Or does the horse fly refuse to react with a sub class of primate like a human. I can see the horsefly meetings now; “Those brutal hairless apes just killed another one of us, when are we going to retaliate.”

[edit on 7/22/2010 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker63
My observation since becoming a member on ATS: The people who believe in UFO's and ET life, generally offer some type of evidence, physical or recorded.

The skeptic offers opinion. More frequently, the counter "argument" is a lot of hot air and infintile objections to some of the most credible evidence possible. In fact, skeptics CANNOT offer proof beyond any doubt that A) We are alone. B) That we have not been visited and C) That we are not continually documenting said visitations.

But that's a paradox isn't it? Whether from 'believers' or people questioning, a piece of footage is provided. That does not make it evidence of ET life. You choose to believe it is and your somewhat biased opinion of what you call a skeptic means your opinion is unlikely to change. I'd suggest that a skeptic challenges what the believer feels is proof beyond doubt of said ET life if there is anything to challenge. Going by your opinions stated above that means they are only offering an opinion. I think the bias may be in your court....

A skeptic (sceptic in UK English) is more likely these days to deny ignorance, here's the Oxford Dictionary reference -

"Sceptic - person who questions truth of (esp. religious) doctrine, theory etc."

So many believers are really sceptic and many sceptics are questioning a particular doctrine or faith followed by many on ATS. It doesn't mean they don't or won't believe, but that they question the information before blindly accepting it.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
There is no more guessing. Life is out there. Scientists have already proven that the building blocks of life are everwhere in the universe and that planets are seeded during development with those seeds. And as our archeologists are finding out from the ancient clay tablet cuniform writings, ancient beings have come to our earth in the past (and may still be here). That would explain why we have advanced so far in such a short time. Maybe the missing link in our ancestery is an alien visitor "coming onto the daughters of man". We are having a wild ride here on Earth. I only hope that the second coming does not come to late.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kimwarrior

And as our archeologists are finding out from the ancient clay tablet cuniform writings, ancient beings have come to our earth in the past

Do you have links to this being substantiated and not refuted? Everything I have seen thus far that has been brought forward has been refuted, if you have something that has not been, perhaps I have missed it.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
reply to post by romanmel

Or does the horse fly refuse to react with a sub class of primate like a human. I can see the horsefly meetings now; “Those brutal hairless apes just killed another one of us, when are we going to retaliate.”

[edit on 7/22/2010 by AlienCarnage]

They retaliate, of course, by biting the ass of the horse while we are riding it. Ouch!

Seriously, I don't doubt alien existence. I question the existence of real, concrete proof.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

A nice compilation of evidence, OP.

Thank you for this.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
thank you OP for putting together these 5 reasons as to why life should exist in the great unknown. Ive finally got something to give to my wife ( a great dis-beliver) to mull over and give some credence to my argument that there is life elsewhere. Its a very simple yet concise explanation of ideas and theory about ET. S&F for you!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker63

My observation since coming to ATS is that there are a large number of members that throw critical thinking and science out of the window when it comes to a video or composite of a few blips in the sky!

I would like to think that most people accept that other life and visitations is still in the theory stage of our understanding. We have some ideas, and some evidence which could support this theory, but nothing concrete.

However, when 60% of the persons viewing our evidence can't discern between a few grunge textures and Gaussian blur applied to a handful of TIF files without parallax and reality (see recent mars thread) we have some serious issues. Another 20% hurl their hands in the air and say 'well anything is possible with computers these days' which means 80% of the team is sitting on the bench or lacking some serious training.

I personally believe there is a select handful of people with credentials to get build on these theories. I don't believe I'm one of them. In fact I would be really surprised if the next person who will contribute significantly to our evidence even visits this forum.

To further our evidence in this area will require a group of persons who trust each other and each other's expertise who genuinely want to know the truth. The majority of us are believers or non-believers who wouldn't trust an expert on the other side simply because we do not want to.

It's a shame.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
SETI is useless

anyone with half of brain and a little of google research can understand that

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

I have personally, over the course of my 46 years, had 4 instances of seeing craft. Four instances that were absolutely, beyond any shadow of doubt to me, real. The last one, in Niceville, Fl, was beyond words,-it was close to me and it was huge. But for me to try and convince you or anyone else of what I saw is pointless, truly.

If what i saw was a product of human beings, then everything we know is a lie anyway, we are being enslaved to old technologies that are destroying us. But, I do not believe what I saw was human engineered and if so, it was Reverse Engineered. IT was plasmic, like a small sun and when it took off, from less that 1000 feet from the ground, it was in space in literally the blink of an eye.

The best evidence we have comes from space and our own governments documentations. Cassini is one, the STS missions and footage,as well as from Apollo.

You have every right to be a skeptic, revel in it. But I promise you, IF you ever see one, clearly, no ambiguities, then you will see the frustration we who have endure. I told very few of what I witnessed that night in Florida, there really isn't any point to do so.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
We are out there. Why is it so hard to believe other intellegent life is doing the same thing? True far more advanced then we, but the point is we have made our way beyond the confines of our world.

With TV & the internet we can see cave art on opposite sides of the planet portraying the same creatures as if done by the same artist. What were those people seeing that compelled them to make a permanent record? Their world was full of wonders such as, for example, the lunar eclipse. For that matter, the struggle to just stay alive was significant and yet, they painted many strange images of, for lack of a better word, humans, in very strange attire around the world.

The arguement against disclosure falls back to two events. First the radio broadcast of WAR OF THE WORLDS, & second, the Condon report. Much of the public response to the first is urban legand. And the second, the Condon report, is a joke. It was intended to disclaim extraterrestrial visitation based solely on the fact that our ptb didn't want to admit they were unable to defend our sky.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
With all due respect, the question isn't why is it so hard to believe in alien life, it's not hard to believe. The question is after all these years, why is it so hard to bring something close to unquestionable proof to the table as opposed to a lot of heresay, speculation and magical thinking.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I was an investigator on two abductee cases in New England many years ago. There is no question in my mind that extraterrestrials have visited here often and have been for thousands of years. Why people think otherwise is the most intriguing mystery to me.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
As long as they're not broadcasting some Cosmic real housewives crap or something like that, I hope it's like they're classic rock channel !

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker63

your rabidity against skeptics seems to stem from your enthusiasm over the claims you wish to be true … which is human nature … but not a compelling argument.

your obsession with skeptics providing proof against the legions of claims out there indicates a miscomprehension of what a skeptic is. a skeptic's job is not to provide proof for why a claim is wrong, but to question what the claimant has provided as evidence. in doing so, some may indeed consider that the questioning and lack of sufficient response is proof enough to invalidate the claim. others, like yourself, may not.

i can't explain why pyramids were built, nor, of the ones that were actually built at the same time, why this is so. i have seen evidence that we can, absolutely, replicate them today and with the technology available at the time of their construction, so that doesn't equate to a mystery to me … but even if it did, there's a wide range of options before, and in addition to, alien technology.

all that is needed to convince a skeptic is evidence and that's what drives non-skeptics nuts. more often than not, but not always, they have no evidence and certainly not irrefutable evidence.

and again, such a significant claim needs irrefutable evidence. but, it doesn't exist. some evidence maybe, in some people's opinions, but irrefutable? nope.

the funny thing is, i am not even a skeptic, really, in this particular matter.

lastly, having a close encounter, to me, is not really related to mysteries like the pyramids. they are independent phenomenon. perhaps aliens built the pyramids, but again, that would not be the first thing that would pop into my head, whether or not i had been visited by aliens. did aliens construct the grand canyon? petra, the city in iraq built into the side of a mountain? the parthenon? the eiffel tower? why conclude aliens built something when there is not one thing on this planet that we know aliens built? it's non-sensical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join