It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Pieces of Evidence That Suggests Intelligent Alien Life Exists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker63

Seeker, I do not doubt for a second your testimony, let me repeat I'm not here to say such things do not exist - if they are not of this earth neither you or I can say, and I hold you at your word that what you say you saw you did see.

My responses in this thread are to the OPs 5 things as evidence that alien life exists when none of them are as such.

To be clear, being sceptical does not mean not believing, it means needing a little bit more than belief to believe.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

The rock walls inside the pyramids, where the chambers are, are so finely cut as to suggest lasers. We cannot duplicate the EXACTNESS of the Great Pyramid today and again, the Sphinx is much older that 5000 years as commonly believed. Water erosion compared to wind/sand is night and day and any geologist knows this to be true. No one has proven beyond doubt that they were all built solely by humans. And then there are the corresponding structures on MArs, but I assume you think that is bunk too.

Skeptics have every right to question "evidence". No one who believes in UFo's or ET's has a lock tight case(yet), unless those who have asserted they have interacted through the military are telling the truth. And if they indeed met and interrogated them, well, then ET's exist, end of story.

If, for example, the Greys are nothing but figments of imagination, how is it possible for their description to be the same world wide? Throughout time.

Why are the same craft described throughout time, especially the saucers and orbs? For thousands of years, the same mass hallucination has taken place? Really? This is just ridiculous.

Lastly, I am a skeptic too, of the media, the government, the military/indstrial complex, all religion, just to name a few. Highly skeptical. But, I am not so when it comes to this question. Why? Because I have the life experiences that prove otherwise. I have experienced my evidence. I can't help it if you haven't yet.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker63
And then there are the corresponding structures on MArs, but I assume you think that is bunk too.

yeah, pretty much.

Skeptics have every right to question "evidence". No one who believes in UFo's or ET's has a lock tight case(yet), unless those who have asserted they have interacted through the military are telling the truth. And if they indeed met and interrogated them, well, then ET's exist, end of story.

you and i, then, are on the exact same page! howdy, pardner.

Why are the same craft described throughout time, especially the saucers and orbs? For thousands of years, the same mass hallucination has taken place? Really? This is just ridiculous.

it is ridiculous. isn't it obvious that people report seeing certain craft or certain beings that look like known representations ... because they've seen those representations? isn't that kinda obvious? ask any kid in the world to draw an alien. what's it going to look like? we all know. adults are just grown up kids.

Lastly, I am a skeptic too, of the media, the government, the military/indstrial complex, all religion, just to name a few. Highly skeptical. But, I am not so when it comes to this question. Why? Because I have the life experiences that prove otherwise. I have experienced my evidence. I can't help it if you haven't yet.

thanks for the concern. i long for the day. but i tell you what, seeker63, when aliens abduct me, take me to trixibeldoq-47 and fiddle with my nuts and berries, i'm still not going to assume they built the freakin' pyramids. just not gonna do it!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

but if thy show me real-looking video of them constructing the pyramids, then i might, MIGHT, put the matter on the things to be considered pile.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I looked at the Drake equation and it is missing something in its formula:

- The likelihood that a planet will be colonised from another planet.

As we dig further into the Earth biosphere, we realise that bacteria can live at deeper pressures, higher heights, further into the ground. Even in the last 30 years we have discovered whole new set of bacteria called thermophiles that live in 80 degrees C at high pressures in the Ocean floor.

So let's extrapolate, we are finding bacteria everywhere so why can't a spore or bacteria be whisked away to anothe planet and remain dormant until it gets there. Drakes formula simply doesn't cater for this but it would be something like (ATSers please help... We could make a new formula here....)

Cross planetisation =
Probability of an object going to another planet (Object number / year)
x Lifespan of the bacteria species (years)
x Probability of bacteria attaching to object (Number of bacteria per object)
x Probability of survival of trip (number per trip)
x Probabiity of survival on new planet

Okay this has come out the fact that a meteorite hit Earth that came from Mars. What if a meteorite went the other way.

This may be a low occurence but over thousands or millions of years

Please disprove me .. and the formula...

[edit on 22-7-2010 by templar knight]

[edit on 22-7-2010 by templar knight]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Lot's of good views on both sides of the river. I will admit, I am a believer of intelligent life out there. Is it in our Solar System or another? Well, that is something that is up for debate of course. Do I believe this planet has had ET visitors in the past and present? Yes, I do. So much proof is sketchy. Even stuff believers call rock solid is always picked away to find some kind of faults. Like many have said, all sides to this are human nature.

The 5 topics picked for this thread are GREAT ones. And looking all all evidence and counter evidence makes for allot of good debate and thinking. Despite my beliefs, if someone shows rock hard proof debunking a alien story, pic, vid, etc, I will not get all mad and start ranting. I will look at others and see what comes of them.

I believe someday we will get our rock solid evidence. Will it come soon? Who knows. Just have to wait and see. Could they be here now? Absolutely they could. And for the ancient evidence.......I do believe many of those cultures had help from a greater intelligence. But we do not live in that time. So it is a tough argument.

To think in the vast universe that there is no other intelligent life is absurd and kinda shallow minded. And the age of this universe is logic enough to think if intelligent life is out there, there could be some with such advanced intelligence and technology to travel across the cosmos with ease. But who knows right? LOL! I think we should look also at the spiritual side of all this. The true gate to travel so far may just be a part of the paranormal worlds?

GREAT THREAD. I am new here and will be checking this often. Have a great day ATS members.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
While I do believe there is other intelligent life out there, I'm not so sure these 5 items are the best evidence.

1. ART
Most of these artworks use simple symbolism that appears to an untrained person to be a UFO, but is actually widely used (and understood) symbolism (or sometimes just misinterpretation entirely. Examples include: anthropomorphic sun and moon, depiction of the holy spirit as a golden disk with rays, layered hieroglyphics that reveal images below the top layer, etc.

2. ASTRONAUTS SEEING UFOS
One has to remember, that for most of these observers, it's their first (or at least only a rare) trip to space, so they are in a completely unknown environment, and it's understandably hard to identify unexplained phenomena.

3. WOW SIGNAL
A one-shot deal. If it were an intelligent signal, one would expect a repeat, but so far, we haven't seen it yet.

4. DRAKE EQUATION
While an interesting statistic, people defy statistics every day (such as a lotto winner winning multiple times, etc.). In addition, the equation = 0 if any variable is 0. Also, the equation fails to take into account the distance and time needed for interstellar communication, meaning that even if two civilizations existed at the same time, and had similar tech, their signals may still be on the way to each other long after either (or both) civilizations are toast.

5. SETI SIGNAL
Similar to the WOW, needs to be more sustainable to be conclusive.

That said though, I think Drake is more or less right. I think the Universe is teeming with life, vs. it being the rarity we think it is. The question we have to ask is "will we know it when we see it?" I'm not so sure... But, we suspect there is water on the moon, on Mars, and under the ice of Europa (and many other solar system planetary bodies)... From Earth, we know that life can exist in water, in many environmental extremes, so we just may find our solar system has more life than we ever thought possible. And with that, the chances that some of it developed intelligence are pretty damn good, I'd wager. Thing is, we're all just too damned far away from each other to know one another, until we reach a level of tech needed to effect a meaningful means to send a signal across the vastness of space.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man

Skeptics and believers are constantly combating each other as to whether or not there is intelligent life in the universe. Skeptics use lack of evidence as their main offensive and defensive weapon, but here I will submit to you 5 amazing pieces of evidence that suggests that intelligent extraterrestrial life exists.

No, we aren't debating whether intelligent life exists out there. We're arguing whether that life has gotten to Earth, given the enormous issues of time and space involved.

I'm certain that intelligent life exists, but doubt highly that the laws of physics don't apply to them.

1. UFO's in Ancient History

The painting above is titled “The Madonna with Saint Giovannino” and dates back to around the 15th century. The painting depicts the Virgin Mary in the foreground, and in the background is what appears to be a man looking up in awe at an object that is strikingly similar to our modern day perception of a UFO.

Unfortunately, this has been debunked.

sprezzatura.it...

Returning to the above mentioned detail, the one that was interpreted as an UFO, we see that it is to be found in a great many "Nativities" of the '400 and '500. It is but the announcement to the shepherds, as told in St. Luke's Gospel...

Examples are in the above link.

2. Astronauts Have Seen UFO's

Three days into the Apollo 11 flight the astronauts on board sent a strange message to mission control asking, “Do you have any idea where the S-4B is with respect to us?” The astronauts were asking where the final stage of the rocket was, which had been detached two days prior. The reason for this inquiry was because something was riding along side of the rocket and if it wasn’t part of the rocket, Apollo 11 had a visitor.

Already debunked: www.badastronomy.com...

Correct in saying that it wasn't the booster...but it was the panels from that portion of the rocket. The laws of motion mean that the panels would have continued at the same speed, thus shadowing the command module.

The booster itself would have had retro-rockets to move itself away from the module, but the panels were just jettisoned.

After the Apollo 11 crew verified that the object they were seeing was not the SIVB upper stage, which was about 6000 miles away at that time, they concluded that they were probably seeing one of the panels from the separation of the spacecraft from the upper stage. These panels were not tracked from Earth and were likely much closer to the Apollo spacecraft. They chose not to discuss this on the open communications channel since they were concerned that their comments might be misinterpreted (as they are being now). Apparently all of this discussion about the panels was cut from the broadcast interview, thus giving the impression that they had seen a UFO.
- David Morrison,
NAI Senior Scientist

3. The WOW Signal

In 1977, at Ohio Sate University, The Big Ear radio telescope picked up an unusual signal. Big Ear used numbers and letters to determine the strength of a signal, 0 being meaningless noise and Z being a strong radio signal. An astronomer, Dr. Jerry R. Ehman, studying the data from the telescope was shocked when a radio signal clocking in at ‘6EQUJ5’ came from a seemingly empty spot in space. Ehman was so shocked that he circled the signal on the data sheet and simply wrote ‘Wow’.

There has been no real explanation for this, so it can't be proven one way or the other. However, jumping to the conclusion that it was from an alien vessel is assuming facts not in evidence. When you're looking at distances that great, it's impossible to pinpoint exactly where some signal would have come from, and any coordinate would involve an exponentially larger cone as it projects from Earth. It certainly wouldn't be a straight-line that allows you to say "There is no planetary system at the end of this line. Therefore, it must be from a spaceship."

4. The Drake Equation

Again, there's really no question that life exists out there. The question is whether they visit Earth and somehow manage to avoid detection other than blurry photographs.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Sorry, wheres that evidence again.....

I don't doubt that Intelligent Life Forms exists beyond the 3rd from
our Sun. I just don't believe they are buzzing around the Planet making
Crop Circles or went to Tutankhamun Xmas Bash or went to the Pagans
Rock and Roll revival at Stonehenge.

I also believe they are not going to come to us, we will have to go to
them. And that will mean making the mother of all Ships and 1,000 times
faster that they are building now.

How long do you think it will take us to make this "mother of all ships"?

100 years?......1000 years?.......10,000 years?......hell!...1 million years?

Do you think there could be planets out there that could be a million years older than us, that could in theory support life?

And if they were a million years more advanced than us do you think they may possibly have the technology to build that "mother of all ships"?

Still think they aren't or won't come to us?

[edit on 22/7/2010 by Argyll]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

hello, love the the user name btw, quite clever (I'm being genuine.)

To you and all others harping on the "evidence" portion of this thread, i think you need to read the title again, there is a qualifier that makes a big difference, that being "Suggests", no where does it say confirms.

doesn't mean its actually evidence of intelligent life, just means there could possibly be intelligent life, its not saying it set in stone cold hard evidence.

thank you for taking the time to reply to the thread tho, I'm generally a skeptic as well, and i understand where you people are coming from, i just think you read over the title to quickly.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

just thought i would add to the ancient paintings part of your intro

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/783d839ff094.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b51a9db2db1.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d8cd4f668b7.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/842226d58916.jpg[/atsimg]

Just a example or two to add

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
First off I would like to thank the OP for such a good post. It brings out theories and ideas in everybody.
Now thats out of the way.

I consider myself a believer. I have witnessed some UFO's in my day, I'm not saying that they were of alien origin just something that i couldn't identify. It's hard not to believe that there is more life out there I mean they are starting to accept the fact that there are living organisms in space and other planets no matter how small or simple it's a start. We all know this is fact because it has been on the msm as well as all over the web and ATS. All life starts with smaller organisms just as it did on earth.
I just think that in the confines of our solar system that Earth was the only planet lucky enough (but I could be wrong) to start developing life. Having said that the sheer size of the universe who's to say that thousands of light years away another rock couldn't have started developing life as well even way before earth. What if by the time that planet started trying to communicate with other planets other planets weren't ready.
It's a time game all the stars have to be aligned and we have to be in the right place at the right time. I believe the right time is coming up, but then again I could be wrong and dead before it happens or if it ever happens for that matter.

Sorry for blabbing just wanted to get my opinion out there.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I thought I'd join this conversation, since it seems to be going in circles a bit

1) Even taking into account the "Rare Earth" theory, it is still likely that other life and conversely intelligence exists in the universe.

2) I agree with the proposition that the window of opportunity to find a civilization using similar technology to our own is almost non-existant. I think the use of radio, microwave, etc probably has, at most, a 250 year lifespan.

3) Nobody has yet brought the concept of the Singularity into this equation. It is far more likely that we get "engulfed" or "assimilated" by our own technology long before we make man-made trips outside of our solar system. If we are experiencing visits from more technologically advanced worlds, it's likely those are not "manned" vehicles as such.

4) Furthering the above point, it's far more likely that, if we have been visited, it's by nano-scale exploration devices.

5) People will remain skeptical of the UFO phenomenon as long as real evidence hasn't been presented. I'm talking about an artifact or something more than a blurry video or photograph.

I understand that, scientifically, we're still at a point where things like ftl don't equate and therefore travel between distances of light years are inconceivable. This is natural - we can't possibly conceive of technology more than about 50 years into the future. However, if you haven't read people like Kurzweil, I recommend you check it out - it's yet another proponent to the rather plausible theory that we're more likely all part of some large computer simulation than a real physical universe.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rozetta

Great point that you bring up.
I actually agree with you that the beings that have visited are probably non organic or should I say artificial just like Humans send out probes first.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
all of this is very interesting to me:

(we can't make pyramids today to the exacting tolerances of the original) - really? sounds like an engineering problem, enough time and money could probably solve it

(because other planets are millions of years older than earth, it follows that there must be intelligent life on them) - really?, for that matter, why is it assumed they have an intelligence like humans? Maybe on their side, the math works differently. I think it is the height of arrogance to assume our intelligence is the model for all intelligent life.

(it is beyond question that life exists outside of earth, the only question is whether they visit us) - really? that sounds like Doctrine, that's what we call it in the Church

It's astounding to me that curiosities in paintings about Jesus are considered evidence, does it follow that the claims about Jesus are considered true? If not, then the subject of the painting is a lie but the painting is true?

I can't prove aliens don't exist and to date, no one can really prove they do, so it all boils down to faith (which I thought atheists, I think some of the alieners are, didn't like?)

In fact, before the testimony of astronauts is considered, I need evidence that they aren't in on the moon landing hoax.

and finally(!) most of the lights seen flashing about, thought to be aliens are in fact not aliens or ufo's at all, they are in fact flying turtles, the shells are luminous, they are very friendly creatures except when in heat, they are millions of years older than us but actually not bright at all, dolphins look down on them but they are just jealous because they can't fly. Flying Turtles delight in entertaining us but they don't really understand why. You may doubt me but I would point out that the universe is very very big and at least until recently it was thought to be expanding, that's where the flying turtles come from, the other side of the "edge" of the universe. The rest of the lights are a government black op program designed to keep all of you distracted from what they are up to, killing the flying turtles.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IaM007

Except that those artificial beings weren't sent out by aliens. They are the aliens. Common theory tells us that a merging of AI, nano-tech,, and an exponential increase in technology and computing power would mean that the first of "us" who venture out will be completely artificial, by our standards. They may be us, in some sense of the word, but "us" as in humans as we think of ourselves now, they are most likely not. It's essentially the next part of our evolution.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

The WOW one was not an error, it just never repeated. Nor repeat, no confirm through peer review... end of story. It doesn't lessen it's significance, but it does allow skeptics to claim that it was nothing.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This thread has a very shaky foundation. The OP doesn’t know anything about ET’s?

1. ART
Lots of old art can be thought to be UFO depicting – or not.

2. ASTRONAUTS SEEING UFOS
These are the guys who faked the moon walks.

3. WOW SIGNAL
A one-shot deal. There are many more impressive indications of ET presence.

4. DRAKE EQUATION
This is math mumbo jumbo.

5. SETI SIGNAL
SETI is the world’s biggest waste of money. There is ample evidence that ET’s are here now, and that dumb professor (entertainer and religious leader) from Cornell wants to spend millions looking into space.

Proof of ET/UFO presence is really proof there are miracles. Then you have proof of God. There is abundant proof of that. Like the Corn Circles, thousands of independent sightings (witness) of ET/UFO, the sunspots the shape of island groups at the time of earthquakes on the Islands. The Sunspots in the shape of the Olympic logo at the time of the Olympics.

I know ET presence is here now. I’ve been working with it daily for 25 years while decoding and documenting the hidden ET language in the English Language – now that’s the biggest proof of ET presence.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by etcorngods]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

Documenting for 25 years?.....care to share?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The Drake formaula is very interesting. I had never heard of it before. But for many years now i have thought that there is no possible way there isn't other intelligent life out there somewhere. And there is just so much (i guess you could call) evidence that aliens have found us here. Its a fascinating subject

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join