It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Founders Charged With Death Penalty

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Attack who? What? Sorry, you lost me. I'm not defending anyone on either side for being idiots. Plenty of that to go around, including from me at times I'm sure.

All I'm saying is try to put some sanity and logic and perspective on it, show some respect, and maybe try to imagine it from the other perspective. That goes for both "sides." Earlier I was told to "pick a side and stick to it." But I just can't do that.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Why can't you pick a side and stick to it? Do you feel you are being more liberal by keeping options open?

Why should there be some respect shown to these people ? , because they are people, respect is earned and it has not been earned.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I can hear the headlines now.....

Muhammad Azhar Sidiqque a Pakistani Attorney was among the dead in a US military Drone attack. It was thought that the home was to be filled with terrorists leaders and lieutenants, instead it was the Attorney's birthday party and guests that were killed.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

Why do I have to pick a side? I don't agree that either side here is without fault. And I don't think picking sides does anyone any good.

[edit on 7/20/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

It was a pretty hateful and ignorant thing for them (or whoever really did it...I didn't really follow the whole story) to do, but the death penalty sounds a bit extreme, though asking for it does make a point. Good luck to them.

Lets read behind the lines. You said it was extreme, not wrong. You said good luck to them, as if not thining they are wrong. And you admitted you did not follow the whole story.

So to review, you would not have a problem with a punishment, just that the death penalty is an extreme.

To put it to you simply, respect is earned, not given nor assumed. And you so not have a right not to be offended. To put it in a British term, keep calm and carry on. Do I care if a Jesus figure is in pee? Yes. Do I want punishment for it? No.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I've already explained at least once that that was sarcasm. Ill executed, but sarcasm none-the-less. Of COURSE it's extreme. Sheesh...get a grip.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

It was your own words and it clearly is not sarcasm. You can call it that, but there is no inkling of sarcasm present. No respect is due to those who are incompatible to free will and opinion. Feel offended? Get over yourself.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

I can hear the headlines now..... Muhammad Azhar Sidiqque a Pakistani Attorney was among the dead in a US military Drone attack. It was thought that the home was to be filled with terrorists leaders and lieutenants, instead it was the Attorney's birthday party and guests that were killed.

Not as funny as you probably thought you were being. This man is advocating killing innocent people for drawing cartoons. The islamic law clearly advocates death as punishment for this supposed transgression, you are condoning that?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

It was sarcasm. If you choose not to believe that, so be it. That's your issue, not mine.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Why do I have to pick a side? I don't agree that either side here is without fault. And I don't think picking sides does anyone any good.

[edit on 7/20/2010 by ~Lucidity]

How can islamics not be at fault here? In theory you are saying that some religion could write a rule saying you could not post to ATS on Tuesdays and the punishment for that is castration, you would be ok with that? BTW you are posting on Tuesday.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I don't believe that's been substantiated. That he is advocating killing innocent people. If it has, I missed it.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

LMAO zionism provocateur, good one

Seriougly go read some books, read the Qran and tell me if im wrong

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Exactly. I do not. And for that I don't trust you anymore. You will have to regain that.

As to me, I'll be drawing whatever I feel like. Like I said. When I'm an architect, I will design a building called the Muhammad for the sake of revealing how pointless respect for material things are. And how matter is matter and nothing more. If ye be offended, not my problem.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

You've apparently missed a good deal of the thread. And you also didn't answer my question about why I need to pick sides. I despise sides and abhor labels. Maybe that's my entire problem!

G'night.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
There are emoticons on the right side where you are writing your replies to indicate sarcasm, instead of hoping we get it just add one.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I don't believe that's been substantiated. That he is advocating killing innocent people. If it has, I missed it.

How did you miss the fact that he wants these people charged with a crime that inflicts a punishment of death?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniyalw

Facebook Founders Charged With Death Penalty

SOURCE

Angered by the perceived blasphemy of the Prophet Mohammad, a Pakistani lawyer named Muhammad Azhar Sidiqque has petitioned the nation’s highest court to charge the three founders of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes with the death penalty.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod edit: Fixed links.

[edit on 7/20/2010 by AshleyD]

I'm sorry - any edict issued by Muslims for the death of someone - does not count as a "charge" in my mind. It's more like the half-insane ramblings they're best known for and the three founders will likely never even have to worry about getting out of bed in the morning.

Oh and as for Muhammed - I fart in his general direction.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

You've apparently missed a good deal of the thread. And you also didn't answer my question about why I need to pick sides. I despise sides and abhor labels. Maybe that's my entire problem!

G'night.

Read the entire thread and have responded to you earlier, been here the whole thread. You can continue to sit on the fence if you like but at some point you will make a choice and be on a side. When it comes time you will choose freedom, just like you are taking advantage of right now.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

english.aljazeera.net...

not sure but the danish cartoonist probably thought he same thing, no big deal they are just empty threats.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

That's Sweden, not America. lol. You try to do something like that in America and you'll be somewhere God knows where, never heard of again.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join