It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Founders Charged With Death Penalty

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
My first post here at ATS, though i have been reading threads here for quite some time, so hello all!

I'm really surprised to be the first to put this quote in this thread (if someone else has already posted it i apologise).

“An extraterrestrial visitor examining the differences among human societies would find those differences trivial compared to the similarities.

Our lives, our past and our future are tied to the sun, the moon and the stars…We humans have seen the atoms which constitute all of nature and the forces that sculpted this work…and we, who embody the local eyes and ears and thoughts and feelings of the cosmos, have begun to wonder about our origins…star stuff contemplating the stars, organized collections of ten billion billion billion atoms, contemplating the evolution of nature, tracing that long path by which it arrived at consciousness here on the planet earth…Our loyalties are to the species and to the planet. Our obligation to survive and flourish is owed not just to ourselves but also to that cosmos ancient and vast from which we spring. We are one species. We are star stuff harvesting star light.”

Carl Sagan (1934 – 1996)

Religion, all religions, was created to bring some form of law and order to very simple farmers/herders ages ago and in this regard worked well. But this is the 21st century people, can't we rise above all the petty arguments and truely advance as a species? I seriously hope so or we're all doomed.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan
On another note not related to the quote above...
I do think though that anyone who makes a mockery of anothers religion should expect a negative response. Its distasteful and not classy at all. Doesn't matter if you think the religion is FUBAR, have respect for another culture and people. You will gain respect because of it.

Anyone that would kill someone over a cartoon depiction of anything is simply nuts and does not deserve respect.

Sure it was childish but so what ? Sure it was in bad taste but, so what? This is America and people have the right to do these things even though we may not necessarily agree with them......it's called freedom.

If it was Jesus that was mocked, this would be enitrely different.

Simply not true. Let's take South Park as example. Jesus is mocked in about half the episodes and nary a complaint. Mohomad was to be depicted in 1 episode and they receive death threats. This is simply not a reasonable response. I find it incredibly offensive that another religion is trying to force their beliefs on everyone.

Christians and the Vatican would demand apologies.

Not true. See above example.

Since its a group that is, in the west, considered low on the echelon of life its ok to make fun of their religious beliefs.

Try watching South Park. You'll notice every religion EXCEPT islam has been made fun of....why is that? Is it because the extremists want to kill people for having a sense of humor? Is it because they require everyone to believe as they do? Either way it's completely unacceptable.

Stinks of Ignorance, Hatred, and Intolerance.

And what do you consider threatening to kill people because they have different beliefs?

Why can't everyone just believe as they wish and leave everyone else alone?

If a muslim wants to draw jesus playing naked table tennis with hitler, I simply don't care because it doesn't affect me or my religion in any way. Jesus isn't going to get upset because of the picture and if he doesn't mind, why would I ? In short, everyone needs to LIGHTEN UP !!!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Godman enzo f60 the alien mafia don feels the fake attack on Islam by fake Muslims, like in the case of Salman rusdie then Iran had given fatwa, not knowing they are Persian non Muslims, by TRUE ISLAMIC LAWS they is no death penalty for the founder of "facebook" as he is not a muslim, not even the so called muslims, THE DEATH PENALTY HOLDS NO GOOD, its a fake penalty rather that lawyer wants to become popular over night like godman enzo f60, the alien mafia don. its a fake attack, rather a fake threat on humanity, as they is not death penalty in Islam for people who talk anti ISLAM, not being a muslim, then have to request not give threats, sad man really sad, we the alien mafia will solve the problem

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thov420

Welcome aboard, former lurker.

I gave your first post a star, it was a good one.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
so much for the
RELIGION OF PEACE

hypocrisy much, anyone?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

The reason that I focus on the children is
because they suffer for the adults actions.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
So much for the

CONSTITUTIONAL FREEDOM to hurt and ridicule others' beliefs while denying the other FREEDOM to retaliate

hypocrisy much, anyone, or simply finding security in numbers to agree in order to dispel fear of retaliation for one's stupidity?

[edit on 22-7-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
So much for the

CONSTITUTIONAL FREEDOM to hurt and ridicule others' beliefs while denying the other FREEDOM to retaliate

hypocrisy much, anyone, or simply finding security in numbers to agree in order to dispel fear of retaliation for one's stupidity?

[edit on 22-7-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

Hmm...im not quite sure of what you're trying to say, exactly...i have an idea...but you don't really spell it out very clearly.

I think you're saying that the idiot muslim is justified in what he's doing.

If that is what you're saying, then you're wrong.

Wishing death upon someone is never right. Especially when you subscribe to a religion that calls its self "The religion of peace"

Its just one more example that shows Islam for what it really is: Just another religion full of idiots and bull crap.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
religion is brain washing no matter which one it is. they start when we can basically breath. perfect case is myself my parents allowed me to grow and make my own choice and guess what its all a piece of # i don't believe in any. my children i have done they same. i taught then about religion took them to church so they would understand they don't believe.
i live in Toronto which has a huge Muslim population and these people are the most racist. there children are not allowed to play with non Muslim kids. they try kicking the black and white out of the play ground trying to say Muslim are playing so we have no rights to be there.
don't ever try and say we cant be racist to them cause they are far worse then us.
Muslims are currently trying to take over France and other countries Europe. also my city.
the Muslims that i personalty have been in touch with in my life which is a lot through work school and friends. will tell you they are gonna take over its just a matter of time. there biggest plan is by breeding. they are told to breed and they are also taught and trained how to lure other race in to love and marriage and to glamorize the Muslim religion to make the man or women turn Muslim.
if your a Muslim reading this don't try and deny it. don't try and cover up for your Koran or your Allah i don't give a crap what your gonna say on here.
the truth is the truth. i will never ever allow my self or my children as long as im alive to date or marry a Muslim and my daughters know this!
by the way is you translate the Koran it say women are suppose to cover there 2 ornament and not show them . it doesn't say they are suppose to cover from head to toe.
lets all follow a religion who a murder and a rapist created yeah inst that smart. i don't think so. brings me back to the point BRAIN WASHED

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
We the People could care less as to what this Taliban Spokesman/Lawyer, likes or dislikes. When it comes to We the Peoples right to freely speak out mind, Well that right is in-violent...

This thread should remind all Americans, of 911 and why my Marine Corp Daughter fought, watching good freedom loving men and women die every day, to stop the the Taliban's mad quest for power.

RKL

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
Wishing death upon someone is never right. Especially when you subscribe to a religion that calls its self "The religion of peace"

People have to stop with these broad generalizations.

Just as there are masses of Christians in America who don't follow Christ's teachings yet claim to be Christian, there are also Muslims who don't follow Islam yet claim they are Muslim.

Anyone advocating violence in any form is not Muslim. And just because they claim to be doesn't make it so. Nor does it make it right for you to demonize true followers of Islam by associating them with people who obviously aren't Muslim.

Especially when you know they aren't followers of Islam, seeing as you have the intelligence to point out the hypocrisy in the actions of some. Then you also should have the intelligence to just take the next logical step and conclude that if they do not follow Islam, then they are not Muslim.

If I shoot someone and claim to be the President of America on a mission of peace. Does that mean I really am? Or just a liar?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by taralee0309

so if I am hearing you correctly are you saying hey Christians/Christian Nations unite kick out marauding forces get our own labors or money control back/in order and-

?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by taralee0309

What the hell? Someone even starred you for this? This has to border T&C, it's just the largest bigoted rant I have ever read on this site.

Bringing "breeding" conspiracies into play? This essentially takes everything negative thought about blacks during the segregation period and applies it to Muslims.

I mean nothing in there could even be considered a personal opinion. It's more like an opinion you stole to cover up your lack of facts to excuse discrimination buried under what sounds like an entirely fake story.

More Israeli dis-info agents!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Wait, they can sentence someone who's not even in their country to death?

So their laws apply to people who aren't even "citizens" of their country?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkusMaximus

Welcome to the already present NWO. It's not coming, it's been here.

If a country is a member of the U.N. then they can file charges in accordance with international law and have a Citizen extradited. It's primarily used in cases of murder.

But there is nothing preventing the United States from extraditing you under U.N. approval for posting text on a website in Germany violating their slander laws for example.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by mryanbrown]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

Global police state. That's what it's all about.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I would'nt be so fast scriptures seem clear on the issue of religions that are race oriented exclusively (isn't that what the Old Mosaic Testament was?) and seems obvious in reality at least from a quick glance standpoint though admit have not looked into in any sort of depth yet but I think Christianity may stand out as the most diverse racially along with America but just a pondering at this point
I have read a bit of info relating to TBR long ago-which suggests predictable outcomes Nationally, Racially or Religiously and of course the easy one which is homosexuality as in simply if everyone followed would effect Wordly outcomes outside of any traditonal violence like WMD so I think she has a valid point about their ideology being the key, Galations 4 touches on this also I think when mentions Hagar and Mt. Sinai

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
nice use of over sensationalizing a thread title to point farm here.

oh well guess I was trolled also

they were not "charged with death penality"

some jockey asked that they be charged with that.

plus the jockey is a moron cause you can only be sentenced with that.

this thread should be deleted imo. it's just a point farming thread.

people overhyping sensationalist thread titles on this forum has really gotten insane, you'd think the mods would finally ban these people

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

That's only because Christianity spent the first 1800 years killing people who wouldn't convert.

So naturally they developed a large following based upon simply being born into the religion.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

wow-edit to add your quote in above post-"People have to stop with these broad generalizations." and within that same post also did you not claim all are not Christians who claim to be?

put down the KIIL-AID man, do just a tiny bit more investigation before making such a false blanket statement- how bout the Christ of the ians and Apostles how many did they behead that's your first and most important clue of all, just the Bolshevik holocaust numbers @1917 is another regarding just a small portion of recent history in the genocide of Christians, claims ranging from 60-100 million at that time, where's the musuem? wonder who is behind all those world and civil wars between Christian people dominated nations?

here's a link from an athiest about persecutions happening currently all across the world with beheadings still-
scottthong.wordpress.com...

but here is the best one, assuming you read Galatians 4-

In her was found the blood of prophets and of the saints, and of all who have been killed on the earth.-Rev18.24

And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God.-Rev20.4

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join