It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanctions will not alter Iran nuclear programme: Ahmadinejad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Sanctions will not alter Iran nuclear programme: Ahmadinejad

www.google.com

AFP) – 4 hours ago

ABUJA — Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Thursday that new sanctions recently slapped on his country by Western nations would not alter Tehran's nuclear programme.

No matter how many sanctions resolutions are approved, "there will be no minor change in our nuclear programme," he said through a translator after attending a summit in Nigeria.

"Those resolutions are only paper. What's going to shape our future is our determination."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.merip.org
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
As expected.

Obama says Israel unlikely to surprise US with Iran attack

(AFP) – 27 minutes ago

JERUSALEM — US President Barack Obama said in an Israeli TV interview broadcast on Thursday it is highly unlikely the Jewish State would surprise Washington with an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities.

"It is unacceptable for Iran to posses nuclear weapons and we are going to do everything we can to prevent that happening," Obama said told Israel's Channel 2 television in an interview taped on Wednesday.

"Neither of us try to surprise each other," he said, responding to a question if he was concerned Israel would surprise the US with an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities.

Interesting summary of the U.S. and Obama's nuclear postures at the first additional news link.

And Iran bolstering friendships abroad with the D8. Tit for tat, Israel has lost Turkey but thinks it's gained Egypt and
is branching out into Africa.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yeah he says that now but he is already whining nobody will let Iran's planes gas up. Give it some time and he will come around because he has to.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
S&F

In the 'interesting' article you referred to I note the statement:

So today, I state clearly and with conviction America’s commitment to seek the peace and security of a world without nuclear weapons.”

Don't mean to hijack your thread Lucidity but if only they would apply that to DU weapons NOW, that would be a good start. (Sorry been reading all afternoon about these horrible weapons)

As regards the post, I personally think Iran should be given the opportunity to show that it can develop nuclear technology for peaceful use. All the sanctions are going to do is hurt the Iranian people and push us all closer to Armageddon.

[edit on 8/7/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
That's funny he says that. Iran's nuclear chief Ali Akbar Salehi is saying it will slow it down but not stop it...

Bare with me guys, I am trying to get the link to work...

Try this...

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Fingersoup]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Come around to what exactly? I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Come around and back off on nuclear development? They've followed all the rules as far as I can see. No one has proven otherwise.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

DU is one of America's dirty little secrets. It's still killing our veterans, including some very close friends of mine, as well as people in the counties we used it in, but the U.S. will never admit it. Ever.

The hypocrisy of the stance on nuclear technology the U.S. takes alone should be enough to disqualify them from discussions for a few years.

It's okay that India, Israel, and Pakistan have nuclear weapons and are not signatory to the NPT, but it's not okay that Iran still MAY have them by best estimates in MAYBE two years. And this is enough to exert muscle and sanction a nation who has made no overt threats and only again, but word of mouth, and lying hypocritical mouths at that, may be playing ins some "terrorist" game.

Sorry but I stopped taking the word of U.S. or Israeli "intelligence" a long time ago. First off, we are not now and never will be privvy to the real intelligence. All we get is the scaremongering cherry-picked and probably made up bits meant to do nothing but sway opinion and strike fear in people to the extent that they endorse what is clearly wrong.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Fingersoup

Thanks. Well that makes sense. If they're barred from trading for the things they need to continue.

I'm beginning to formulate a wild theory here that one of the reason Israel wants to wipe out their facilities is to cover up evidence that they and the U.S. have been lying about this for years. And lately they've been getting questioned and caught in their lies.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'm not so sure this time Amadinjihad.......

Your nations planes cannot leave the Middle East because they are not allowed to be refueled at major hub airports. Plus, there is billions of $ in assets froze from Iran...

I believe in a few months Iran will crack.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Yes, they really do have the squeeze on them. Trying to get them to respond militarily is the real reason. The nuclear thing is just an excuse. One they've been attempting to use for years and years now to no avail.

But many countries are beginning to question the wisdom of the sanctions and are having second thoughts.

But let me ask you this. What lifts the sanctions? Iran has already, as they have continually, cooperated with inspections, been open to talks, but that doesn't seem to do the trick. They want them to shut down ALL nuclear development, which they maintain is for energy, something they are very short on and so is logical.

I've heard people say, why don't they put in oil refineries for energy. Well they're choosing not to. Why don't all the other countries using nuclear energy (Argentina, Armenia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Australia, Kazakhstan, Finland, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Hungary, India, Pakistan, Canada, Niger, Romania, Switzerland, Sweden, France, S. Africa, Brazil, Namibia, the U.S., Uzbekistan , the UK, Ukraine, and Mongolia and soon to be Jordan to name a few) put in more oil refineries?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Yes, they really do have the squeeze on them. Trying to get them to respond militarily is the real reason. The nuclear thing is just an excuse. One they've been attempting to use for years and years now to no avail.

They sure do... But I cannot see Iran pre-emptively attacking. If they did, every single USrael vessel in the Gulf would be destroyed because no way those ships can defend off 1000 missiles. Plus if they attacked first, USrael would have all right to wipe THEM off the map... So the story goes.

But let me ask you this. What lifts the sanctions?

I'm unsure... Amadinijihad basically said.. "Why did we need to tell US, Israel and France about the new plant we are about to start that is in the mountains.. when we already told the IAEA directly"..

UN wants total shut down which will never happen. Iran will acuire nukes... Even if they do get bombed.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Come around to what exactly? I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Come around and back off on nuclear development? They've followed all the rules as far as I can see. No one has proven otherwise.

He needs to allow routine inspections, return the hikers and quit threatening the US.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Sorry to correct you but I'm in Australia and WE are Nuclear Free.....

We just mine and sell our Uranium to other countries

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

He needs to allow routine inspections, return the hikers and quit threatening the US.

- Routine inspections were allowed, in fact, Iran co-operated, just as Lucidity mentioned, as was expected from Iran. You can research this if you wish.

- The hikers were most likely agent provocateurs. In all honesty, more people in history have been taken by Iran...even soldiers. But when it became clear that the people taken into custody weren't in the wrong they have been released. Agent provocateurs employed by the West have a long history with Iran, you can research this if you wish.

- The audacity to claim Iran is threatening the US is unfathomable, wouldn't you agree?
.-Exactly how did Iran threaten the US? Iran as nation has never invaded another country, Iran only defended itsself. You can research this if you wish.
.-Are you aware of what the sanctions placed on Iran, by US and friends, have as effect? They affect the people in the streets, not the regulations made by goverments. You can reasearch this if you wish.

It is the US that should stop threatening and overthrowing sovereign nations.

Oh, you might want to research the role USA played the time Iran was forced into warfare with Iraq during the war of 1980-1988.

Wakey wakey.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Zamini]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

This is a little ridiculous.

- The hikers were most likely agent provocateurs.

Come on...They were most likely hikers who got lost.
It is at best a stretch of the imagination, wild speculation - and at worst "a lie" to call these three "agent provocateurs."

I don't say the USA is blameless in anything but lets leave the past where it is and move on. One inspection -big deal.
Sanctions DO hurt the people. Agreed.
Do you think that election was legit and most Iranians are happy? Don't the people have a say in their own government? I think Ahmadinejad should respect his countrymen and stop denying the holocaust ever happened.

As far as his threats to the US and the world at large...entirely fathomable.

www.digitaljournal.com...

Ahmadinejad threatens western nations in face of Feb 11 protests

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

IRAN: Ahmadinejad threatens Obama with 'tooth-breaking' response to U.S. nuclear strategy

www.cnn.com...

stanbul, Turkey (CNN) -- -- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad lashed out at Israel and warned the United States against pushing for new sanctions on his country a news conference on the sidelines of an Asian security summit here Tuesday.

www.examiner.com...

Ahmadinejad threatens blow to ‘global arrogance’

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad threatens US over Mid East peace plans

www.uncoverage.net...

Ahmadinejad Threatens Israel, U.S. Troops and Oil

The man has charisma for sure but he is also a megalomaniac who may be insane and he talks like a punk itching for a bruising, the type man who would poke a bear with a stick. Not a good tact to take if you are a leader of a country and people fear you have a bomb...Just my 2cents.

Wakey wakey and smell the coffee.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Come on...They were most likely hikers who got lost. It is at best a stretch of the imagination, wild speculation - and at worst "a lie" to call these three "agent provocateurs."

The same with calling them hikers. If they were just hikers there would be insane international pressure to get them out, in order to get bad rep on Iran. But since there is no pressure of sorts and there hasn't been a release in the case I will put my money on spies and/or agent provocateurs. You simply do not go hiking around the border of Iraq/Iran as an American for no reason, in wartime.

I don't say the USA is blameless in anything but lets leave the past where it is and move on.

Leave the past? Sir, you are the one who lives in the past. The 50's with the white picket fences. The sanctions are ongoing. The crimes on humanity are ongoing. These are not things of the past because some have either brushed the past away without learning from it, while others have nonchalantly left the past where it is without learning from it. Those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it, are they not?

Do you think that election was legit and most Iranians are happy? Don't the people have a say in their own government? I think Ahmadinejad should respect his countrymen and stop denying the holocaust ever happened.

Riddle me this, knower of Iranian people. Why were there mass protests of up to millions one day and zero the other? Because the young Iranians understood that a revolt and revolution right now would play Iran into the hands of the US and Israel, they understand the government has no choice but to strike hard, they understand that all a violent revolution brings forth are rivers of blood. They learned from history.

Furthermore, Ahmadinejad didn't deny the holocaust. You can brush up on your Farsi, knower of Iranians, so that one day you might be able to listen to and understand someone without a CNN interpreter twisting words and political rethoric.

As far as his threats to the US and the world at large...entirely fathomable.

What kind of hypocracy do you use for arguments? Since when do words speak louder than actions? How many nations have been crippled and destroyed by US and friends? How many by Iran? Try to look into the sources you posted more deeply and try finding an Iranian friend, knower of Iranians, so that you might have a speech or two correctly translated for you.

In all seriousness, you must feel really special to parrot third-rate propaganda articles on a website like ATS. Either that or you get paid. If it's the latter you are severely underqualified for the job.

As for :

Do you think that election was legit and most Iranians are happy? Don't the people have a say in their own government?

Yeah, we all see how the American peoples interest are upheld by the American government don't we? How's the gulf of Mexico doing? How's your economy doing? How are your banks doing? How are your people doing? Or did you think the US is lala-land where the streets are paved with gold and politicians crap rainbows? YOUR PRESIDENT IS A LAWYER -

"Don't the people have a say in their own government"...

For crying out loud. What kind of half-ass attempt at forging an argument is that?

Wake up and lay off the coffee. Have some wallnuts with your breakfast instead. Wallnuts are a way better 'brain lubricant' than coffee.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Zamini]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Thanks for your opinions. Fortunately, it is only your view and not shared by millions of other awakened Iranians.

Try living a life outside Sadabad Palace and talk to Iranians as well as others from the world, and you may be greatly surprised by the propaganda and pushing blame with distraction tactics you strongly hold would be challenged.

Just my insignificant personal view as well. Still...wakey wakey...do smell the coffee...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

See, that's an assumption right there. Not going to fly buddy. I would expect those brilliant minds to have already told you that down there at Sadabad Palace.

Millions of unawakened Iranians together together with millions of unawakened people across the globe...that's the problem. People need to be politically AWAKE.

Here's a free one for you; When Ahmadinejad ran for presidency he ordered lots of farms and factories to produce potatoes. He ordered these potatoes to be bagged. Every person that voted for him got a bag of potatoes. There are more poor people than rich people. There are more hungry people than wellfed people. Maybe in your country the people are so stupid that a promise of hope is enough to sway elections, maybe someone should run for presidency handing out bags of potatoes in the US, would be fun to see who would turn out to be president wouldn't it?

Distraction tactics? Sir, by placing sanctions on the Iranian people and by demonizing the cradle of civilization, the US government makes it easy for political 'radicals' to grab hold of power in Iran. Political warfare 101.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

We are also discussing the sanction issue with this poster in my other thread about Ahmadinejad asking to see the U.S. policy on Israel's nukes. I believe his position is that the sanctions in no way affect the people of Iran. But I need to get back there and doublecheck.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Aw, now your are just making me dislike you....

Try to look into the sources you posted more deeply and try finding an Iranian friend, knower of Iranians, so that you might have a speech or two correctly translated for you.

Look, I love Iran and Iranians so don't put words in my mouth assume things or lie about me.
I can see you like to write and I am very happy that US education is working out for you, but these headlines aren't from speeches - they're from the newspapers.

In all seriousness, you must feel really special to parrot third-rate propaganda articles on a website like ATS. Either that or you get paid. If it's the latter you are severely underqualified for the job.

It's soothing to imagine anyone criticizing your devotion to a madman is getting paid, isn't it?
I simply question Ahmadinejad's wisdom and maturity based on his rhetoric and actions. That is all I have to go on. I bet his own mother does the same thing. YOUR refusal to find any fault with the man and your blind eyed worship borders on idolatry. If that's the case, I pity you.

cult –noun 1. a particular system of religious worship, esp. with reference to its rites and ceremonies. 2. an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, esp. as manifested by a body of admirers: the physical fitness cult. 3. the object of such devotion. 4. a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc. 5. Sociology. a group having a sacred ideology and a set of rites centering around their sacred symbols. 6. a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader. 7. the members of such a religion or sect. 8. any system for treating human sickness that originated by a person usually claiming to have sole insight into the nature of disease, and that employs methods regarded as unorthodox or unscientific.

What kind of hypocracy do you use for arguments?

I mentioned what happened as it was reported in the newspaper. If you think all the newspapers all over the world are lying...well that just figures.

It fits in with a neurotic psychosis. You might consider an exam.
www.wisegeek.com...

Someone who is psychotic may be experiencing hallucinations, sensory experiences that only exist in the mind. The person may be under very specific delusions, false beliefs brought on by mental or physical illnesses.

I still love Iran and Iranians but you have not made me see the good side of Ahmadinejad...or you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join