It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ckitch
reply to post by Nomad451

I know what you mean, but it's NOT sand being blown up, as it's too far off the seabed, and I agree with the other poster, the ROV ignores it? It's definately a large plume, and its definately oil - I've watched for weeks and weeks and know what it looks like now!

I believe I saw that as well, it came up similar to smoke signals one wave of stuff and then a next and kept on puffing, is that it?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I agree about the ROV's. Every time one of the ROV's catch bubbles coming up or oil plumes or anything that it can avoid (except the exploding waves of crap), it either turns and goes another direction or the camera looks another way or the lights on the ROV turn off or the camera shuts off. Aside from those explosions, the ROV definitely seems to be ignoring it. It's bad press, dont'cha know? Hard to lie when it's right there on camera. BP has been caught lying several times, have they not? Check out this thread where Matt Simmons continues to say that BP is covering up a much larger leak miles away from the well head. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if it's true considering who we're dealing with here.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Moriarty

Yes, that's exactly what I saw.... Brown puffs in a 'smoke' like effect, which is how we saw oil before.

It's obviously from near, or on, the seabed, because its spread quite thin and wafts through the water as though its away from the leak source.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moriarty

I believe I saw that as well, it came up similar to smoke signals one wave of stuff and then a next and kept on puffing, is that it?

Yeah, that's it. As the other poster said, I've seen oil in the water down there enough by now to know what it looks like and I've seen "clouds" of oil puffing around since they capped it and every time, the ROV gets away or looks away or turns out the lights as quickly as it can. I was thinking "Gee, I guess the ROV only wants to film normal stuff." BP can't be showing us things that prove they are lying again, right?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
All these gauges are at ZERO except for one...and that one (the bottom gauge) is barely halfway to the top of the reading. If that is 1,300 (give or take a few hundred-ish) PSI then we are missing about 7,700 PSI or more. If these are the right gauges (probably not but lets assume for a minute that they are), then there is a leak somewhere still...or the cap is not working.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

Well my dear Kratos and ckitch, I think i have the proof you need. Caught from BOA Deep 2. Clearly on the left hand side we see a plume of the same brown material we have all seen rocketing out of the Bop for the past few weeks. I have heard some say that such plumes are caused by the rovs propulsion motors and while i agree with that for some cases I do not see that possibility for this one. This event captured in the image occurred at a depth of 1502 metres as seen in the screenshot, as we can see in the BOA Deep 1 feed the mud line at the Bop is at 1522-1523 meters. This would make this being prop backwash from an ROV an impossibility since the ROV was 60 feet or so above the seabed when this happened.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
All these gauges are at ZERO except for one...and that one (the bottom gauge) is barely halfway to the top of the reading. If that is 1,300 (give or take a few hundred-ish) PSI then we are missing about 7,700 PSI or more. If these are the right gauges (probably not but lets assume for a minute that they are), then there is a leak somewhere still...or the cap is not working.

Those gauges are not for monitoring the BOP, if I am correct its the hookup station for the ROVS and those measure hydraulic pressure which allow the bots to function, since none are hooked up the gauges read zero

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Just seen it again... It's definately a big plume of oil. Not sure why they aren't monitoring that with the ROV, rather than the stack, which is obviously fine whilst the oil gushes from another area!!?

Something doesn't seem quite right to me.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

That's the shot! Good capture (-:

I agree, the ROV's haven't caused any turbulence before at this height off the seabed, whereas they do when close to it, but then, it's normally white clouds not brown.

That screen shot shows an oil leak. Fact!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Saw it again too just now. There's definitely oil leaking from the seabed.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Woah, almost missed your post, Moriarty. That would be it. Great screen capture!

And as usual, the ROV pretends it's not there.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Kratos1220]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
retracted

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Moriarty]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
HOS ROV2 was doing a clearing/plowing operation a few seconds ago. I have seen ROV operators do it before. They have a thruster on the front tuned on, blowing the top silt layer back as they go back and forth on the sea floor.

They do it as a general search to see if they can find anything that has been dropped and covered in dust/silt during the operation.

It generally makes everything a cloudy mess.

That may explain the stuff fogging around the area.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I am not sure those are leaks. I think the one on the right is one of the ROVs...also there are floating things that are big and yellow that go into shots sometimes... On full screen it almost looks like wires or ropes hanging down from them, attached somewhere near the bottom of the well.

The first screen shot you posted of the definite plume, I would have to say is oil though.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Once again, evidence does seem to suggest the existence of secondary leaks.....nothing conclusive just seems that way from all the reports and photos from tonight so far. I submit this photo taken from Skandi 2, in the background behind the stacks 2 additional plumes can be clearly seen.

Ummmmm……… Not to burst your bubble ……. But…….

If you look at other closer pictures of that area, you will see that those two things you have circled are flotation buoys they have attached to the lines they attached to the choke and kill connections on the original BOP. They are there to stop the assemblies from putting all the weight onto the connections.

There is two barrel shaped buoys on each line.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Yeah, those aren't leaks in the second pic you posted, Mor. The "yellow" on the ROV's has come into the picture right at that spot. You got the oil already though and that brown crap is still appearing occasionally on the other cameras. Notice the BOA 2 has turned it's lights off now?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hmm? Possible blower action, but I don't think it would be brown, or confined to what appears to be 2 plumes (as per above screen shot/shots). It would dissipate and at 60ft above the source it would cloud the whole area, or be diluted so as to not be seen. This is fairly fast moving brown wafts of oil.

I'm convinced myself that there is no other explanation, but I could be wrong.

Also, has Boa Deep C dimmed its lights, so we can't see the plume so well??

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

retracted

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Moriarty]

Definitely the ROV and the flotation devices. At least the one on the left is.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

Watching it in Windows Media Player...it either dimmed its lights or it moved to another spot.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I agree, but Moriarty's 1st screen shot is definately a plume, and that's what's worrying.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by ckitch]

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join