It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

Could be plumes - I'd love to see a clip and check one out for myself, I just haven't seen one with my own eyes yet.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
reply to post by justadood

Back up little man.

Quote me where I called him dis-info.

You didn't. You asked if I was, and what my qualifications are. No, I am not dis-info. My qualifications are a rational mind.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LookingIn

This is what I'm looking at, but there's several ROV cameras on this site at once. A fast internet connection and a healthy computer is needed to keep it up. The one camera is still blinded, but starting to clear.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I have the video clip of it, don't know how to post it, hard to follow sometimes where the ROV is travelling too and from, eduacted guessing lol, the wreckage is spewn about so it might relase pressure in one area and cause a collaspe in another area?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Endure

Thank you.

My eyes have tricked me before. You may be right.

Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

I know, I know, I've been watching the feeds plenty myself but haven't seen a plume like the ones people are describing. Some folks on here seem to be able to capture clips and post them - that's what I was hoping for, a recorded event that we could all look at and discuss.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Yeah, I'll lose sleep over that.
Peace

[edit on 15-7-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Ahh, my bad. Yeah, I don't know how to do that or I would have by now.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Remember people, there is a complicated thruster layout on every one of the ROVs.

On some I have seen. You have four around the top that is pointed down, to lift and lower each corner. You have two at the back to push forward. Two at the front to push back. You have a couple pointed out to the sides to move it from side to side. And some operating down there even have one in front of the camera to blow cloudy water out of the way of the ROV’s view.

Lets count those……….

That is 12 thrusters.

All the operator has to do is touch the control stick and any one, or group could spin up.

The thrusters are ducted fans, so they produce a concentrated stream of water. When the burst from a thruster it will be like a big “whoosh”

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Yeah...that's what I meant. Glad Tranny is back on the thread for a bit.

I would like to see a recorded clip of one of these plumes so we can hash it out a bit. Anyone got one?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
THREAD NOTICE

Please get back on topic and cease the off topic tit for tat back and forth. Everyone is welcome to join in on the discussion and there is no need for anyone to 'butt out.'

Use this opportunity to take a deep breath and return to the topic of the thread. Further off topic posts will also be removed. If you have an issue with another member's post, please use the alert feature found beneath every post.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Why is the Boa deep sea Rov so active.........with lots of turbulence.....anyone know?

[edit on 15-7-2010 by speaknoevil07]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Sorry to all.

I've been watching for hours and I know I saw plumes.

I'll shut up now.

Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
OK....the Boa DEEP c ROV2 is blasting out stuff.......is this a different leak or what.......if this is the well it is NOT capped.....but I can't tell from the scrreen. It is surely something being spewed out at tremendous force.....a leak at a different site maybe.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

AshleyD,
I see something too on Boa Deep C ROV 2........what is it do you know

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
OK.....now it is quiet, being moved around or something..
I guess that was a feed of a robot.....maybe blasing or something...I am sorry to post so much, I will be quiet I just thought someone would know more.....thanks. I will shut up now.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

No, that part is fine. Please feel free to discuss what you saw. That would be on topic. It was the tit for tat and general rudeness back and forth on a personal level that needed to stop.

Please feel free to continue discussing the actual events.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by speaknoevil07

I saw that too, it seemed to be slamming it's equipment tray into the silt, either deliberately or maybe some kind of steering problem (or the operator was nodding off!)

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join