It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hunter28

hunter i realize today is your first day here, but i think your comment might be misplaced,there are plenty of forums to vent that anger in if you feel the need but i would hate to see this very important thread get sidetracked with anything but the updates our "well watchers " have been kind enough to give us.

~meathead

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Moriarty

I don't know why it would be labeled as doing junk shot operations unless someone forgot to change it but I'd be very surprised if they were indeed doing junk shot operations at this point. We've already been told that the well structure is compromised below the sea floor. Why in the world would they try to stop the flow, thereby increasing pressure on the already compromised sub seafloor structure?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Ok on the whole looping thing, I'm beginning to wonder if there's something to it. Last night I saw the same footage of workers flipping the bird to the camera I saw the day before. Also with only two feeds going that are actually pointed at the spill while the others spend most of their time being pointed out into random nothingness, looping footage for a couple cameras may be what's going on. Anybody else think this could be the case?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

If shots were being looped, they would have to dirty up the older shot, or use a relatively recent piece of video to loop. Each day that bop and top hat become nastier looking. That thing is going to be looking pretty bad by August when those relief wells fail to stop this catastrophe in the making.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Just wanted to post a couple more all in one feed sites, that may be more stable for you. Try them all and find the one that works the best for you.

The one I prefer is: Gulf Cleanup Fund

Another popular one is: BP Video

Thanks Burdman for starting this thread so that we have one concentrated area to do this.

When I am home, I have the feeds on, and am commenting when there is something new going on or when I have a question about something.

Just Mike is usually around, and Divinormus, and now Moriarty, are all here at some point in the day as well, usually doing screen shots or videos of new or interesting stuff.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

I don't know why it would be labeled as doing junk shot operations unless someone forgot to change it but I'd be very surprised if they were indeed doing junk shot operations at this point. We've already been told that the well structure is compromised below the sea floor. Why in the world would they try to stop the flow, thereby increasing pressure on the already compromised sub seafloor structure?

Yesterday Skandi 1 was labeled as the coil ops thing. The Junk Shot Ops is new as of today. They label the Skandi ones and the Enterprise ones most often.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The oil escaping the top hat on Skandi 2 this morning seems to really be flying out of there, as if the pressure has increased.

I am finally in agreement that the coloring on that ROV footage is due to the camera, however even on the other cameras, at times you can see an orangish hue in what is escaping.

They have the ROV's positioned at this time to show the tilt of the BOP again, which they were not showing yesterday by strategically placing the ROV's.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
That well is definitely spewing more then it was before I went to bed last night. I thought it looked like it was blowing out the sides oe sideways at one point last night, but that seems to have changed. Perhaps that was the piece they took off? I watch the feeds pretty regular as well, so someone else is watching too! I keep mine split screen

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

Okay, I called them up and had them change it. Now it read "Dispersant Ops". Happy?

It could be that the description is related to some configuration parameters they load up in the ROV for a specific task, and they used that same config for some task other than a junk shot.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
reply to post by Ceriddwen

Okay, I called them up and had them change it. Now it read "Dispersant Ops". Happy?

It could be that the description is related to some configuration parameters they load up in the ROV for a specific task, and they used that same config for some task other than a junk shot.

Happier anyway.

JustMike said in his video from overnight that it looked like they were doing something under the riser assembly portion while it said Junk Shot Ops, so maybe they were trying again.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This deserves its own thread- you have my permission to repost.

I received this email today to leave the Gulf Coast immediatelyIt's an email from a Christian pastor/teacher who has received given many prophetic warning dreams from God that a terrible disaster was coming to the Gulf Coast. And since then he has been waiting for the Holy Spirit to tell him when. Please heed the warning if you are living there!!!!

www.unleavenedbreadministries.org

[edit on 27-6-2010 by blessedinva777]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by blessedinva777

Then you should have made your own thread of it. Doesn't really belong here.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Can someone please tell me why, if they're supposed to be drilling the relief well (that won't be done until September) why aren't there any cameras showing it? Please answer for I've been asking this question for some time now.
Thanks~

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

There's probably nothing to really show, just a pipe going into the ground with a drill inside that going around and around. Maybe when they blow out too they will show us all.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I did this like 3 weeks ago.

Didn't seem to stop the endless OMG A SHARK FARTED AND NOW THE WELLS GONNA CRASH threads.

Good luck.

Live oil feed discussion thread

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
reply to post by One Moment

There's probably nothing to really show, just a pipe going into the ground with a drill inside that going around and around. Maybe when they blow out too they will show us all.

Hey, I'm not looking to be entertained, I just want to see what they're telling us they're doing.
Is there any proof that they are indeed building this relief well?????

I'm sure they can manage to show one or two positive short clips (like a commercial break) in between the live 'shock and awe' round-the-clock coverage of this negativity!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This link explains a lot about what they are up to right now and during the last few days:

How BP wants to start over in bid to contain Gulf oil spill

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Moriarty

XDR is a flash memory used for underwater HD video. It also has some acoustic applications and saw something about sonar. Its solid state design makes it suitable for underwater applications.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Now that is some explanation we have been waiting for!

Thanks so much for finding that! Star to you!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
if this leak had thousands of pounds of pressure, wouldn't you see a blurred image of the oil coming out because of the velocity? or am i missing something.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join